Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

So poch getting fired from Espanyol who were bottom of the league then and then went to the mighty Saints who he is also left after a year only, so what gets him extra points ?

I really hate the way our fans are so quick to compare Ole with poch (see above) and klopp who also got a team relegated and forget to mention how crap they both were at the start as well, one rule eh.
You do realize Poch is older than Ole by only one, one! year? Poch started managing at 2009 with Espanyol while Ole at 2011 with Molde.That means they are nearly of the same generation of managers and by the time Poch was improving and doing well in Southampton, moving to Spurs and building a regular top 4 team that finished second once before reaching CL final last season, Ole was getting sacked by Cardiff as they were about to get relegated to League One and having to move back to Norway because no club in higher level wanted him up till we hired him only last season despite both managers being at the same age and at the same spot of their career.

You make it sound like Ole is at the beginning of his career unlike Poch or so which in reality it's not. They started at nearly the same time but one ended up with a far far better career trajectory than the other because, guess what, Poch is really miles ahead of Ole. Anyone thinking otherwise is just deluding himself. Poch has his problems regarding trophies etc but it's not a comparison. Let's not be deluded.

I Am Zlatan

You do realize Poch is older than Ole by only one, one! year? Poch started managing at 2009 with Espanyol while Ole at 2011 with Molde.That means they are nearly of the same generation of managers and by the time Poch was improving and doing well in Southampton, moving to Spurs and building a regular top 4 team that finished second once before reaching CL final last season, Ole was getting sacked by Cardiff as they were about to get relegated to League One and having to move back to Norway because no club in higher level wanted him up till we hired him only last season despite both managers being at the same age and at the same spot of their career.

You make it sound like Ole is at the beginning of his career unlike Poch or so which in reality it's not. They started at nearly the same time but one ended up with a far far better career trajectory than the other because, guess what, Poch is really miles ahead of Ole. Anyone thinking otherwise is just deluding himself. Poch has his problems regarding trophies etc but it's not a comparison. Let's not be deluded.

On top of that, maybe Poch and Klopp were learning their trade and now they’re good/great, us as Manchester United we need a good/great manager now and not someone who might be good 6 years from now.. we’re not Southampton.

I have to admit though, yesterday’s match was a positive and bought Ole some time, but he has to win the next two league matches to give him more time, an unimpressive tie, or a loss should be the end of him.

Greck

:lol: Nice. Wish I came up with this angle. They really are nearly the same age in management except one had an upward trajectory

Strelok

Last night was the first time I've properly questioned him. It just seemed so naive from a tactical standpoint. We've just seen how United negated the threat of Robertson + TAA, yet he plays Eriksen and Son on the wing with Aurier and Rose more or less left to their own devices? Son had a decent game but it was painful watching Rose getting torn to shreds time and again. Spurs really seem to lack depth and obviously being at Anfield this was always going to be tough, but last night's setup seemed almost wilfully naive.
Hey just read this in the football forum. The grass is always greener on the other side I guess :lol:

Using this logic I'd like to have a look into Klopp and Mourinho.

Klopp: started his managerial career in 2001. By 2015 he has won 2 Bundesliga with Dortmund, no European title.

Mourinho: started in 2000. By 2015 he has won 2 domestic title with Porto, 3 with Chelsea, 2 with Inter, 1 with Real Madrid. And 2 CL.

By 2015 Klopp almost got relegated with Dortmund and had to leave. Mourinho just won the PL with three games to spare.

Who is the better manager now ?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hey just read this in the football forum. The grass is always greener on the other side I guess :lol:

Using this logic I'd like to have a look into Klopp and Mourinho.

Klopp: started his managerial career in 2001. By 2015 he has won 2 Bundesliga with Dortmund, no European title.

Mourinho: started in 2000. By 2015 he has won 2 domestic title with Porto, 3 with Chelsea, 2 with Inter, 1 with Real Madrid. And 2 CL.

By 2015 Klopp almost got relegated with Dortmund and had to leave. Mourinho just won the PL with three games to spare.

Who is the better manager now ?
That's sound logic. However that's because Klopp has out performed Jose over the last couple of years (Mind you he's absolute miles begins in general). Ole hasn't out performed anybody. He's done better than Pochettino over 9 games and really achieved feck all. So I'm not sure this actually applies to him.

amolbhatia50k

So Ole's Manchester United have finally produced a performance and result of note this season. Now while the cries of salvation and 'told you so' from the posters who rate him, are pretty laughable given he's still, all in all, been terrible, and it's one good showing and not 10, he deserves credit for this one, all the same. I thought we played crisp, agressive and attacking football, and pulled off the result to match. Of course this comes on the back of some absolutely rotten football so it's hard to get too excited, but while I think he looks below the required level, while he's here I have to try to be positive and have a tiny sliver of hope for the future.

In that context, his signings are doing pretty well. And my hope would be that if he can identify and line up some strong deals involving quality technical young players, and even if not coach the team excellently but at a decent level (but in a progressive direction), then we can at least have a platform for a better coach to walk in and be able to elevate the club. Right now I'm hoping he can still somehow make this a successful interim managerial stint of sorts. Of course you never know how life surprised you.

Strelok

That's sound logic. However that's because Klopp has out performed Jose over the last couple of years (Mind you he's absolute miles begins in general). Ole hasn't out performed anybody. He's done better than Pochettino over 9 games and really achieved feck all. So I'm not sure this actually applies to him.
My point was that logic is kinda a bit irrelevant, that's all.

Who knows if Ole or Poc or someone else would make it here. There's nothing sure about, only time will tell.

For the moment, call me a half glass full type if you want but I'm just very happy with the last win, cheers :D

amolbhatia50k

I expect Pogba to go in the summer unless we really have a ridiculous change in fortune, but I think him leaving in January is pretty unlikely, no matter how people seemingly want to talk it into existence.
The Paul Pogba situation is an interesting one. I don't believe he's a problematic personality but I can completely understand a player of his quality not wanting to be at a fallen giant trying to back to its feet, at this stage of his career. In fact, as far as his own career goes, his decision to come to United appears to have been a poor one.

Now from our perspective, we have two roads here
  • Give Pogba assurances that we will be going all out next summer to strengthen the team and take it up several notches, as well as ensure that we have a quality manager in place by then. This seems hard to pull off in our situation.
  • Let Pogba go (for a gigantic fee of course) and use the money from this and other deals to fund the midfield overhaul. We may benefit more from a few highly talented young CMs than one huge star.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
In local latin ESPN, the commentators were saying that when they were in town for the Lpool game, some United players confessed to them that OGS's methods are really antiquated, including a 3 hour practices that nobody does anymore. They had no reason to make it up, so I believe it.

lysglimt

Scout

Explain to me what you think Poch has done that is so great at Spurs ?

lysglimt

Scout
So Ole's Manchester United have finally produced a performance and result of note this season. Now while the cries of salvation and 'told you so' from the posters who rate him, are pretty laughable given he's still, all in all, been terrible, and it's one good showing and not 10, he deserves credit for this one, all the same. I thought we played crisp, agressive and attacking football, and pulled off the result to match. Of course this comes on the back of some absolutely rotten football so it's hard to get too excited, but while I think he looks below the required level, while he's here I have to try to be positive and have a tiny sliver of hope for the future.

In that context, his signings are doing pretty well. And my hope would be that if he can identify and line up some strong deals involving quality technical young players, and even if not coach the team excellently but at a decent level (but in a progressive direction), then we can at least have a platform for a better coach to walk in and be able to elevate the club. Right now I'm hoping he can still somehow make this a successful interim managerial stint of sorts. Of course you never know how life surprised you.
Well - 2 good performances. Liverpool one as well - but yeah it's not enough of course. But it's a start

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Comparing Ole to Poch because he's having a poor season is ridiculous. One manager managed to finish second in PL and reached CL final with Tottenham fecking Hotspur while keeping them regular top 4 team, to a manager who get relegated with Cardiff and couldn't manage a PL job since then till we appointed him. Logic goes out of the window in this kind of comparison.

Poch has problems himself but putting him and Ole in same sentence is pure delusion.

Regarding "Cardiff gate" that you love to throw around. Cardiff were newly promoted in 2013 and were managed by Mackay until January, where they had only won three games for half a season and were rock bottom on the table when Ole was appointed in January and he could not save them from relegation. Shock horror! Newly promoted team struggles to make it in the PL. That has literally never happened before right?

Just because you throw around the word "deluded" a lot does not make you right. Poch did alright at Soton, nothing more, but imo his achievements at Spurs are vastly overrated by some here. When he took over from Villas Boas there was already a young spine in place in that Spurs team that was really, really good. As it happens he also had one of the top strikers in the PL falling into his lap. Worse teams than Tottenham has reached (and won) the CL.

Poch gets heaps of praise for getting them into fourth on a tiny budget, but he said this not long ago: “At Southampton, I was a manager. My responsibility was not only to coach the team. With Tottenham, I am a head coach. A head coach is head of your department. My department is to train the team.”
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...ade-to-feel-more-coach-than-manager-1.3972794

In my opinion, the real genius at Tottenham is the guy(s) doing the transfer business and running the academy, because they have managed to assemble a really, really good team with minimal spending. Spurs on their day are great to watch, but they dont look amazingly coached or well drilled in any sense and often it seems its down to individual brilliance of players like Kane, Eriksen and Son. Spurs are also massive bottlers. They always collapse when the stakes are high. That and the fact that Poch has not won shite since he got there, not even a measly league cup, does not reflect well on him.

Rose, Alderweireld/Verthongen, Kane, Son Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen would walk straight into our staring XI and improve us immensely. Which of our players would do the same for Tottenham? Pogba, AWB and Maguire maybe?

And what has happened with them this year? Have the players had enough of him? Lost faith? For a manager (sorry: Coach) that supposedly a master at keeping a steady ship that is pretty damning because 5 years is not a huge amount of time in the grand scheme of things. If he had won the league in 15/16 when every other top team were busy shitting themselves or actually giving Liverpool a proper match in last years CL final i would give him much more praise, but getting an objectivity top 4 squad into the top 4 is not some great achievement imo, especially not when he had little to do with actually crafting that squad

Gasolin

In local latin ESPN, the commentators were saying that when they were in town for the Lpool game, some United players confessed to them that OGS's methods are really antiquated, including a 3 hour practices that nobody does anymore. They had no reason to make it up, so I believe it.
That's a news that has been floated at some point, but really, what is so antiquated according to those players? 3h practice that nobody does?
So what is this famous antiquated training that nobody does? I'm really curious now...

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The Paul Pogba situation is an interesting one. I don't believe he's a problematic personality but I can completely understand a player of his quality not wanting to be at a fallen giant trying to back to its feet, at this stage of his career. In fact, as far as his own career goes, his decision to come to United appears to have been a poor one.

• Give Pogba assurances that we will be going all out next summer to strengthen the team and take it up several notches, as well as ensure that we have a quality manager in place by then. This seems hard to pull off in our situation.
  • Let Pogba go (for a gigantic fee of course) and use the money from this and other deals to fund the midfield overhaul. We may benefit more from a few highly talented young CMs than one huge star.
Honestly by now i would prefer the second option. Maybe i am wrong about him but he seems like a narcissistic twat and while he is brilliant on his good days, his effort and body language often leaves a lot to be desired. Jose is no angel, but i find it hard to believe that his meltdown and subsequent falling out with Pogba is his fault alone

Fergie did ship him off after all, and he was the grand master of identifying troublesome personalities. I would be happy to eat my own words if Pogba proves me wrong and is actually a model professional, but right now i would be happy to see the back of him as long as we got a good fee and some quality replacements

amolbhatia50k

Well - 2 good performances. Liverpool one as well - but yeah it's not enough of course. But it's a start
The Liverpool performance was okay. We had a pretty good first half and got a draw at home.

The Norwich one was a proper performance - the first one in absolute ages. But even rubbish teams and terrible manager produce a few good showings. Have to see many many more.

90 + 5min

Comparing Ole to Poch because he's having a poor season is ridiculous. One manager managed to finish second in PL and reached CL final with Tottenham fecking Hotspur while keeping them regular top 4 team, to a manager who get relegated with Cardiff and couldn't manage a PL job since then till we appointed him. Logic goes out of the window in this kind of comparison.

Poch has problems himself but putting him and Ole in same sentence is pure delusion.
I’m not comparing them in a sense of comparing. Just mentioning that one guy gets tons of critics while the other one get credit. Despite never winning trophy and being behind us this year with a better sqaud.

So now age is important? I wonder how you see pretty much every successful italian coach. I give you that Poch managed ”better” teams. But getting fired in Spain and 1 season in Southampton? While having good squad with Tottenham he did get them top 4 but no trophies.

On top of that, maybe Poch and Klopp were learning their trade and now they’re good/great, us as Manchester United we need a good/great manager now and not someone who might be good 6 years from now.. we’re not Southampton.

I have to admit though, yesterday’s match was a positive and bought Ole some time, but he has to win the next two league matches to give him more time, an unimpressive tie, or a loss should be the end of him.
Mourinho? VanGaal? Even Moyes made Everton were good before coming to us.

Klopp outperformed José last couple of years? In what way? Klopp have won 2 trophies (Champions League and Supercup) last 5 years. At same time José won 5. (Premier League, 2 league Cup, Europa League, community shield)

Last edited:

Micky Targaryen

Explain to me what you think Poch has done that is so great at Spurs ?
What? :lol:

What Poch has achieved (or lack thereof) with Spurs is nothing short of incredible, considering the squad and the budget he has. Consistent top 4? Champions league final? Shaping Kane into a world class striker? Making shrewd signings with a mediocre budget? Need anymore? Is it because Poch still hasn't won a trophy? Or is it Ole's Norwegian league trophies that entices you? Are you seriously oblivious to Poch's managerial talent or do you just have very high standards?

If it's the latter and that you have very high standards, then I have absolutely no idea what Ole has done to impress you. The bias here is well off the charts.

Micky Targaryen

This thread and all the other Ole threads has only gone on to prove one thing. Posters are deliberately overlooking their bias in support of Ole just because he is a club legend. People are desperate for another romantic tale of a legend coming back to our club to return us to glory. If Ole never played for us, we wouldn't even be having this debate, most would be calling for his head now.

But hey, y'all will never admit this.

jackal&hyde

United - Chelsea 4-0; United - Leicester 1-0, United - Arsenal 1-1 and United - Liverpool 1-1. Basically we are yet to lose a league game against top opposition.

amolbhatia50k

Klopp outperformed José last couple of years? In what way? Klopp have won 2 trophies (Champions League and Supercup) last 5 years. At same time José won 5. (Premier League, 2 league Cup, Europa League, community shield)
Do you know what a couple of years means?

amolbhatia50k

United - Chelsea 4-0; United - Leicester 1-0, United - Arsenal 1-1 and United - Liverpool 1-1. Basically we are yet to lose a league game against top opposition.
Only the Chelsea one was a good peformance. Although I thought Chelsea actually played the better football for the most part. So really Chelsea and Norwich. A big club doesn't celebrate shitty home draws.

Basically we've been crap this season and a proper peformance was long overdue.

el3mel

I’m not comparing them in a sense of comparing. Just mentioning that one guy gets tons of critics while the other one get credit. Despite never winning trophy and being behind us this year with a better sqaud.

So now age is important? I wonder how you see pretty much every successful italian coach. I give you that Poch managed ”better” teams. But getting fired in Spain and 1 season in Southampton? While having good squad with Tottenham he did get them top 4 but no trophies.
He's getting ton of credit for strong reason, he made Spurs one of the top teams in the league. Since when they when they were that relevant regularly every year before him? He made them a regular top 4 team who can reach advanced stages in CL. Yeah not winning trophies is kinda bad, should have won a cup at least but this can't be compared to Ole who couldn't get a job at higher level after Cardiff.

Poch managed better teams because he's a better and more wanted manager and again for obvious reasons. If Ole was as good why he couldn't manage any top flight job in the 10 years he managed beyond Cardiff, till we hired him? Because he's not that wanted.

And I don't get what is the problem of him leaving Southampton after 1 year. He wasn't sacked you now? He left on his own because he got a better offer at Spurs.

We can list as many problems as we can re Poch but the reality is these problems only arise when you compare him to the likes of Pep, Conte, Klopp etc but we are comparing him to Ole, a nothing manager on the top flight level. These are facts, hardly anything to be argued about here. Just check the career trajectory of both and you will get the answers for your reasons.

el3mel

Regarding "Cardiff gate" that you love to throw around. Cardiff were newly promoted in 2013 and were managed by Mackay until January, where they had only won three games for half a season and were rock bottom on the table when Ole was appointed in January and he could not save them from relegation. Shock horror! Newly promoted team struggles to make it in the PL. That has literally never happened before right?

Just because you throw around the word "deluded" a lot does not make you right. Poch did alright at Soton, nothing more, but imo his achievements at Spurs are vastly overrated by some here. When he took over from Villas Boas there was already a young spine in place in that Spurs team that was really, really good. As it happens he also had one of the top strikers in the PL falling into his lap. Worse teams than Tottenham has reached (and won) the CL.

Poch gets heaps of praise for getting them into fourth on a tiny budget, but he said this not long ago: “At Southampton, I was a manager. My responsibility was not only to coach the team. With Tottenham, I am a head coach. A head coach is head of your department. My department is to train the team.”
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...ade-to-feel-more-coach-than-manager-1.3972794

In my opinion, the real genius at Tottenham is the guy(s) doing the transfer business and running the academy, because they have managed to assemble a really, really good team with minimal spending. Spurs on their day are great to watch, but they dont look amazingly coached or well drilled in any sense and often it seems its down to individual brilliance of players like Kane, Eriksen and Son. Spurs are also massive bottlers. They always collapse when the stakes are high. That and the fact that Poch has not won shite since he got there, not even a measly league cup, does not reflect well on him.

Rose, Alderweireld/Verthongen, Kane, Son Wanyama, Dier, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen would walk straight into our staring XI and improve us immensely. Which of our players would do the same for Tottenham? Pogba, AWB and Maguire maybe?

And what has happened with them this year? Have the players had enough of him? Lost faith? For a manager (sorry: Coach) that supposedly a master at keeping a steady ship that is pretty damning because 5 years is not a huge amount of time in the grand scheme of things. If he had won the league in 15/16 when every other top team were busy shitting themselves or actually giving Liverpool a proper match in last years CL final i would give him much more praise, but getting an objectivity top 4 squad into the top 4 is not some great achievement imo, especially not when he had little to do with actually crafting that squad
Then explain to us why did no one touch Ole after he was sacked by Cardiff? Why in his 9 years or so of management that was his only job at top flight till we hired him. Explain.

Whatever problems you list re Poch, one has been a manager at the highest level of football, finishing regularly in top 4 while the other managed in Norway for the majority of his career. Absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

jackal&hyde

Only the Chelsea one was a good peformance. Although I thought Chelsea actually played the better football for the most part. So really Chelsea and Norwich. A big club doesn't celebrate shitty home draws.

Basically we've been crap this season and a proper peformance was long overdue.
With the squad we have you expected us to trash everyone and play scintillating football? Big club or not it's about the players on the pitch. IMO we under performed badly against WH and Newcastle but apart from that, it's been ok given our current situation. It was always going to be a long season but i think we are improving against the smaller clubs provided we have our best players available. Get ready for a poor game and poor result against Chelsea because we will most likely rest many from the first 11 with our eyes set on the league.

amolbhatia50k

With the squad we have you expected us to trash everyone and play scintillating football? Big club or not it's about the players on the pitch. IMO we under performed badly against WH and Newcastle but apart from that, it's been ok given our current situation. It was always going to be a long season but i think we are improving against the smaller clubs provided we have our best players available. Get ready for a poor game and poor result against Chelsea because we will most likely rest many from the first 11 with our eyes set on the league.
Yes that's what I expect. Nothing less than a 6-0 scoreline every week will do for me.

Clearly you're very satisfied with Ole for no apparent reason. Back in the real world, top 4 is the minimum target for any United manager any season. And we have the team for it. Apart from top 4 my expectations is that to be a manager of Manchester United the team should be excellently coached. Otherwise there's no real point. We arent here for Ole to live his dream. If I see signs of an excellent manager in the making as I have so far in Lampard he'll get patience (albiet it's very early for Frank). But what I won't do is making silly excused like "expect a bad peformance against chelsea" which is emblematic of Ole getting far too much leeway from some to instill mediocrity.

Why are Chelsea interested in this upcoming game and we aren't? Are they not focused on the league?

I hope we win and Ole gets the better of his opponent - especially as far as tactical influence goes. However no Manchester United manager needs this amount of mollycoddling.

jackal&hyde

Yes that's what I expect. Nothing less than a 6-0 scoreline every week will do for me.

Clearly you're very satisfied with Ole for no apparent reason. Back in the real world, top 4 is the minimum target for any United manager any season. And we have the team for it. Apart from top 4 my expectations is that to be a manager of Manchester United the team should be excellently coached. Otherwise there's no real point. We arent here for Ole to live his dream. If I see signs of an excellent manager in the making as I have so far in Lampard he'll get patience (albiet it's very early for Frank). But what I won't do is making silly excused like "expect a bad peformance against chelsea" which is emblematic of Ole getting far too much leeway from some to instill mediocrity.

Why are Chelsea interested in this upcoming game and we aren't? Are they not focused on the league?

I hope we win and Ole gets the better of his opponent - especially as far as tactical influence goes. However no Manchester United manager needs this amount of mollycoddling.
I did not say that; you are creating straw man arguments for whatever reason to have a go at Ole. How do you know how the team is coached? From what i've seen at other clubs, from Liverpool and even City and even United under SAF, it takes a bit of time to see the results of a new way of thinking and training.

Ole getting leeway? Have you seen the state of this thread and the number of other threads calling for his head? It surpassed even the #PogbaIsAVirus trend :lol:

As far as Chelsea goes, i don't care what they want, i care about the league much more then domestic cups and i think that if we can keep our best 11 fresh we have a good chance to go on a bit of a run in the next 4,5 games that would turn our season around.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That's a news that has been floated at some point, but really, what is so antiquated according to those players? 3h practice that nobody does?
So what is this famous antiquated training that nobody does? I'm really curious now...
Depends on the manager that is currently coaching them. If it's Moyes, he's inept, bad, blabla. If it's LVG, it's boring possession football and analysing their performance, blablabla. If it's Mourinho it's park the bus, shackles, toxic atmosphere, 3rd season, blablabla. Now it's Ole so it's whatever really. Make no mistake, Ole is massively out of his depth but 'our players' are the last ones to complain about anything as 95% of them are fecking bunch of cnuts.

Judas

Open to offers

I think Pogba would happily stay if we were up there fighting for the top trophies, but he's too good to be scrapping around outside the top 4.

My worry has always been, I don't trust us to replace him properly, because we're hopeless.

Strelok

This thread and all the other Ole threads has only gone on to prove one thing. Posters are deliberately overlooking their bias in support of Ole just because he is a club legend. People are desperate for another romantic tale of a legend coming back to our club to return us to glory. If Ole never played for us, we wouldn't even be having this debate, most would be calling for his head now.

But hey, y'all will never admit this.
I don't know about the other but honestly me supporting Ole has nothing to do with him being our legend.

So far apart from the results I really like the way he manages the team:
- Positive and keep everything within the house, never openly criticize his players or the board.
- Say no to the mercenaries.
- Sell Fellani and Lukaku. It was killing me watching those two.
- Buy young, exciting players who really want to play for us.
- Clean the deadwoods. With Young and Matic contract expired at summer 2020 next season we only need to offload Jones and Rojo. Sanchez is another story, I don't think anyone gonna buy him. Mata's contract will expire by summer 2021 I think.
- At least try to play fast, attacking football whenever possible.

ReddBalls

Source? And even then, "a local latin ESPN", why the hell would any United player confess anything to them?

Kemizee

There are many factors that the club will consider... but why would they sack a manager who clearly has the support and backing of the staff, players and fans? Hiring and firing managers is expensive business and there is no guarantee a new manager brings trophies and top 4... and then you are back to the costly business of hiring and firing again.
Speak for yourself.

Kemizee

Wrong. The correct is:

Solskjaer: 100% win
Klopp: 100% win
Guardiola: 100% win
Pochettino: 0% win
Farke: 0% win
Emery: 0% win
Hodgson: 0% win

Nice to see Solskjaer up with the best. Not even Pochettino, the allmighty conqueror of World and RedCafe have that stats. Oh, I forgot telling it's only from this Premier League weekend.

I don't know what you are after with your stats. To prove Solskjaer is worse than some others? Instead, give the man some credit when he deserves. It is not right criticizing him when we drop points and then not giving him any credit when we win.
For what exactly? Drawing against Liverpool at Old Trafford or beating almighty Norwich City? These are his latest 'heroics' that his fans can't seem to stop trumpeting.

johanovic

I don't know about the other but honestly me supporting Ole has nothing to do with him being our legend.

- Positive and keep everything within the house, never openly criticize his players or the board.
- Clean the deadwoods. With Young and Matic contract expired at summer 2020 next season we only need to offload Jones and Rojo. Sanchez is another story, I don't think anyone gonna buy him. Mata's contract will expire by summer 2021 I think.
Agree with you and when you factor in that Bailly,Rojo,Young,Jones,Matic,Mata will hardly be a big part of the future at United we are still in the midst of cleaning out the deadwood. But seeing the signings this summer and how they have started + Greenwood,Garner,Williams,Gomes,Tuanzebe and Chong getting closer to the starting lineup is a positive. Now we have to make sensible signings in the next 2 transfer windows and then I belive we will start to see a good squad being put together. Havertz,Haland,Sancho and a DM would do nicely.

Strelok

Agree with you and when you factor in that Bailly,Rojo,Young,Jones,Matic,Mata will hardly be a big part of the future at United we are still in the midst of cleaning out the deadwood. But seeing the signings this summer and how they have started + Greenwood,Garner,Williams,Gomes,Tuanzebe and Chong getting closer to the starting lineup is a positive. Now we have to make sensible signings in the next 2 transfer windows and then I belive we will start to see a good squad being put together. Havertz,Haland,Sancho and a DM would do nicely.
Agreed.

If Ole get sacked I really hope we can get someone with a similar vision, this is the right direction I think. Another big name manager with quick fix to save his ass will probably get us to start all over again ...

ZupZup

Speak for yourself.
I am not talking about this weird new breed of 'fan'... you know, football Twitter... or Redcafe posters who continue moaning even when we win and almost seem annoyed that we didn't lose to justify their angst. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever met any of these United fans in person. It's like they only exist online.

If you don't think he is the backing of the fans, pop along to Old Trafford with me and maybe you'll see things differently.

Alabaster Codify7

Source? And even then, "a local latin ESPN", why the hell would any United player confess anything to them?

Yeah its a bit iffy. But Ole does strike me as an old-fashioned coach and his emphasis on lots and lots of running and 'players who play for the badge' also support that line of thought. I can definitely see his training methods being out-dated and stuck in the 90s to be honest.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

I have to admit that sometimes his pressers and interviews makes me cringe. Talking without saying nothing is an art but you can only do it for so long. Without proper results that kind of philosophy can easily backfire and we have already seen signs when he contradicts himself and spout out pure nonsense. Not my cup of tea.

I’m all in when it comes to cleaning the deck but selling without quality replacements is madness.

Our only game this season when we played fast and with attacking intentions was against Norwich. Apart from that it’s defend deep and counter. Don’t let one result cloud your judgements.

I’m pleased with what I saw this weekend. More like this and I happily give him more time but if we revert to earlier performances then he must sooner or late be replaced. The verdict from my perspective is still out of his depth until he proves me wrong.

ReddBalls

Yeah its a bit iffy. But Ole does strike me as an old-fashioned coach and his emphasis on lots and lots of running and 'players who play for the badge' also support that line of thought. I can definitely see his training methods being out-dated and stuck in the 90s to be honest.
I'm definitely out of the loop regarding training methods. What's the cutting edge method for improving fitness in
footballers these days?

lysglimt

Scout
But - why do you even believe that OGS in in charge of the training sessions ? Most likely he will tell his coaches what he wants - like Get them into shape etc - but he will leave the coaching to them

Status
Not open for further replies.