Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Funny how quick fans can turn or what it takes that his blind fans are coming back. There is no doubt that he got some decent results but that's about it. It is the bare minimum, and just because of that, we shouldn't forget how shit we were for 26 odd games or so

fergiesarmy1

Funny how quick fans can turn or what it takes that his blind fans are coming back. There is no doubt that he got some decent results but that's about it. It is the bare minimum, and just because of that, we shouldn't forget how shit we were for 26 odd games or so
Some of us have been here all along and behind him all the way, you should try it. It’s called being a supporter.

mu4c_20le

He tactically outwitted Lampard twice, I'd say that's more than the bare minimum. When I look back at those odd games its actually quite shocking how poor the lineups were, we started the likes of Gomes and Chong who have zero experience at the top level, unlike Chelsea's youngsters who are not only a few years older but have multiple seasons out on loan. Our position in the table isn't too bad considering how he's had to work with a paper thin squad riddled with injuries to key players, and inexperienced kids finding their feet in the PL.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not really, there are many reasons why I want him to be successful. I think some “fans” now actually want him to fail so they can be proved right.
You can't really be serious thinking that any United fan would actually want Solskjaer to fail. At the end, everyone wants what is best for the club and judging by what we have witnessed since PSG away till this international break, it was fairly obvious that things were looking grim under Ole.

I am being cautiously optimistic lately after witnessing significant improvement in performances and hope that it carries on but just like that streak under LVG, the start of Mourinho's second season and OGS's time as caretaker manager, chances of this being a false dawn are more than being something special. Hoping I'm wrong but I will prefer to hold on to my horses and see how this pans out.

fergiesarmy1

You can't really be serious thinking that any United fan would actually want Solskjaer to fail. At the end, everyone wants what is best for the club and judging by what we have witnessed since PSG away till this international break, it was fairly obvious that things were looking grim under Ole.

I am being cautiously optimistic lately after witnessing significant improvement in performances and hope that it carries on but just like that streak under LVG, the start of Mourinho's second season and OGS's time as caretaker manager, chances of this being a false dawn are more than being something special. Hoping I'm wrong but I will prefer to hold on to my horses and see how this pans out.
Seriously feels that way sometimes when I read posts like “hopefully he will be sacked soon” which would only happen with bad results.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Not true, we had great difficulties in Europe and Queiroz completely changed the defensive mindset and shape. In all big games after that, a lot of opposition fans deemed United to be boring but we won games, and that changes everything. I don't consider that boring because for me, it's focus, dedication, ethos and an understanding that you have to win no matter how or what. And that excites me.
Honestly don’t get this change in narrative. Pretty low to try and change SAF legacy just to justify Ole having no style of play. If what you say is true, then what was the huge uproar about Jose’s tactics?

Anyways. I only remember United parking the bus once and that was vs Barca in the SF vs Barca. Vs Real Madrid in SAF last year we outplayed them at home.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
"Last seasons". It was not just in his final season. You didn't answer my question, though. Why would you call yesterdays game an "underdog-performance" when we pressed them high up the pitch for pretty much the whole game and they couldn't cope with it? Mourinho's low block "everyone-behind-the-ball"-tactic was way more of an underdog-tactic than what we saw yesterday.
I never said anything about yesterday’s match. But from open play we were very limited.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He tactically outwitted Lampard twice, I'd say that's more than the bare minimum. When I look back at those odd games its actually quite shocking how poor the lineups were, we started the likes of Gomes and Chong who have zero experience at the top level, unlike Chelsea's youngsters who are not only a few years older but have multiple seasons out on loan. Our position in the table isn't too bad considering how he's had to work with a paper thin squad riddled with injuries to key players, and inexperienced kids finding their feet in the PL.
I disagree on all points. He didn't outwit Lampard in the first game, we were so bloody lucky! After the goal, Chelsea kept pushing and we punished them on the break. Usually the only thing Ole's team are ok at.
We had to play youngsters are he (and Ed) had a terrible summer with major feck ups. Whenever he had the possibility to play a youngster, more often than not he preferred the poor senior players.
Our position in the table is atrocious and it only shows how much we have fallen when fans are ok with that. There is no way we should be ok with that, never.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Some of us have been here all along and behind him all the way, you should try it. It’s called being a supporter.
So only those who never criticize and are fine with everything are proper supporters? What a strange view... I bet you wanted Moyes, LVG and Jose to stay forever as you are a great supporter!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I really don’t care about Ole. I support Manchester United. Some people seem to fail to understand that.

People wanted Mourinho because he won 3 premier league titles. 1 la Liga and 1 Serie A title. What’s wrong with that?

Why do people want Ole?
Stop moving goal posts. You were moaning about our lack of style, Jose is not known for his style, LvG might have been, but his style was shit, and now we are suddenly back on previous trophies? Poch has zero trophies. I guess he is shit as well?

You know how and why Ole got his job, and like it or not, he is our manager now and that counts for something. And part of supporting "Manchester United" is supporting the bloody people that make up the club, because they can actually benefit from it, while the "the club" is an inanimate object and not some sort of deity.

And i am not saying Ole deserves undying loyalty and if you dont believe in him, thats perfectly fine, no matter what i say you are not going to change your mind anyways. But by all means, bring your "Ole out" banner the next time you go to OT and make yourself seen and heard. If you truly feel so strongly about it you should take some action instead of just posting here

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Not really, there are many reasons why I want him to be successful. I think some “fans” now actually want him to fail so they can be proved right.
You’ve booked a trip to the beach.. you wake up look at the sky and it’s as grey as a wolf’s bum cheeks. You think everything point to there being no sunshine and rain later that day, but it doesn’t mean you want it to remain cloudy and rain just to be proved right.

ReddBalls

I disagree on all points. He didn't outwit Lampard in the first game, we were so bloody lucky! After the goal, Chelsea kept pushing and we punished them on the break. Usually the only thing Ole's team are ok at.
We had to play youngsters are he (and Ed) had a terrible summer with major feck ups. Whenever he had the possibility to play a youngster, more often than not he preferred the poor senior players.
Our position in the table is atrocious and it only shows how much we have fallen when fans are ok with that. There is no way we should be ok with that, never.
Wrong on all accounts, bar being somewhat lucky in the first game against Chelsea. United dominated the first half with high press yesterday and that is more like the way Molde played when he was a manager there. He is not a counter-attacking coach, but fitness levels and the state of the squad has made it necessary to play that way at the start of the season. He is obviously not preferring old seniors. Young has played some because of injuries. Mata, for instance, has played only in EL and because of injuries. But the core of the team is built on Rashford, McT, AWB, James. Brandon Williams is getting a look in. Greenwood, Gomes and Chong is all part of the senior squad and get minutes.

No one is pleased with being 7th, but most sensible fans wait until at least Christmas before passing judgement on the season. Over at RAWK it has been customary to declare themselves PL winners in October. Writing Uniteds season off (no one is expecting a title challenge) that early is equally stupid.

fergiesarmy1

So only those who never criticize and are fine with everything are proper supporters? What a strange view... I bet you wanted Moyes, LVG and Jose to stay forever as you are a great supporter!
No I wanted Jose out because he was becoming poisonous and detrimental to the club once he didn’t get his way, I couldn’t support that.

Everything Ole has done has been for the benefit of the long term at united even leaving himself short of players which he knew would draw criticism some toxic on here to ensure we get the right players rather than the wrong players. Jose for damn sure would have wanted some expensive past his best striker if he even would have considered Lukaku go. Jose was all about himself and the now and has never in his career built a team for the long term future just established players to do an immediate job then moves on once it’s time to rebuild usually.

Mainoldo

Stop moving goal posts. You were moaning about our lack of style, Jose is not known for his style, LvG might have been, but his style was shit, and now we are suddenly back on previous trophies? Poch has zero trophies. I guess he is shit as well?

You know how and why Ole got his job, and like it or not, he is our manager now and that counts for something. And part of supporting "Manchester United" is supporting the bloody people that make up the club, because they can actually benefit from it, while the "the club" is an inanimate object and not some sort of deity.

And i am not saying Ole deserves undying loyalty and if you dont believe in him, thats perfectly fine, no matter what i say you are not going to change your mind anyways. But by all means, bring your "Ole out" banner the next time you go to OT and make yourself seen and heard. If you truly feel so strongly about it you should take some action instead of just posting here
I’m not moving the goalposts. I would put up with rubbish football if it meant the title. Which is what Jose should have brought. It’s a fair trade off. Rubbish football and no title. Yes I’m not going to be happy. What’s wrong with that?

If supporting the club meant I have to support everything that makes it up I should also be a full backer of the Glazers. I can be an advocate of believing Solskjær is a rubbish manager whilst still supporting my club. I think it’s abit wrong to assume because I don’t back him I also don’t want the club to do well whilst he is in charge. That’s not true. Not saying that these are your views as you’ve never said that to me.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah he was absolutely clueless last night, sounds like his tactics according to you are about as useless as your knowledge on the subject lad
So what , one win against the relegation fodders and one cup win against kids and suddenly I should change my opinion ? Stick to what you know mate.

He is doing worse than Moyes and so, we cant even say he is doing Moyesie level "job". So how about you come back when we are still in a shout of top 4 in January ?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So what , one win against the relegation fodders and one cup win against kids and suddenly I should change my opinion ? Stick to what you know mate.
I think he might’ve won more than two matches since he joined us last year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Again this counter attacking stuff. We play direct, we don't counter attack at all, how is this considered "his" style? And it doesn't even match whatever he was doing with Molde, this drives me nuts now.
Against Liverpool, and often in the bigger games, though, we do sit back and counter.

Regardless, between the direct and counter attacking football, it's football that won't take us anywhere unless we improve the quality of our possession play which is important for every top team and manager.

Foxbatt

I have not changed my opinion just because we won last night. His set up is wrong because we do not have anyone playing up front who can hold the ball up. Even Martial, though he can dribble is not a player who can hold the ball. This means the only option is counter attacking and if it does not work then we get fecked.

Eriku

He is doing worse than Moyes and so, we cant even say he is doing Moyesie level "job". So how about you come back when we are still in a shout of top 4 in January ?
Again with the comparing Moyes favourably against Solskjær... HE INHERITED A LEAGUE WINNING SIIIIIIIIIIDE ffs christ.

With Rio, Carrick, Rooney, RvP, Evra, Vidic, Giggs, etc.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Again with the comparing Moyes favourably against Solskjær... HE INHERITED A LEAGUE WINNING SIIIIIIIIIIDE ffs christ.

With Rio, Carrick, Rooney, RvP, Evra, Vidic, Giggs, etc.
If you think, putting letters on caps would make your point more strong, go ahead.

Point is , no one is expecting a title challenge from him or the team (unlike Moyes). I dont care about the result as long as he shows something on the ground. If we spend 140m, then it should be enough to have couple of shots against a weak opposition with 10 men or beat league 1 sides at home.

No matter what you go by , be it point wise or style wise, he is the worst of all managers since SAF. Let him prove that he is not and I will be the first one to admit, i was wrong. Until then, i will continue to speak based on facts.

Eriku

If you think, putting letters on caps would make your point more strong, go ahead.

Point is , no one is expecting a title challenge from him or the team (unlike Moyes). I dont care about the result as long as he shows something on the ground. If we spend 140m, then it should be enough to have couple of shots against a weak opposition with 10 men or beat league 1 sides at home.

No matter what you go by , be it point wise or style wise, he is the worst of all managers since SAF. Let him prove that he is not and I will be the first one to admit, i was wrong. Until then, i will continue to speak based on facts.
Not using caps for any effect other than displaying my exasperation with facile comparisons to Moyes.

Gasolin

Against Liverpool, and often in the bigger games, though, we do sit back and counter.

Regardless, between the direct and counter attacking football, it's football that won't take us anywhere unless we improve the quality of our possession play which is important for every top team and manager.
We high press and counter press but don't run like headless chicken if we cannot get the ball back after the first attempt of pressing. It's designed to give us a chance to press but not to die on the pitch before the end of the game and even that way, it's pretty demanding but we do it. And yes, when the counter press fails, we go low and compact. How is that just sit back and counter? The whole phase before is what's giving us a chance to kill those teams. Possession itself is meaningless, even all those guys who play "possession" are deep down in their heart not even interested that much in possession. I'm pretty sure Pep admitted it himself, so why do you think that's any kind of answer? Only LVG believed in possession to kill the chances of the opposition. It's about attacking, attacking the space, attacking the ball. We do the same, whether we play direct or not. Note how in each game, our players are attacking more and more the various spaces in offensive and even in defensive phases. The more we do this, the more we will get that bloody ball back.

I'm sure you know your football and you have your reasons to be frustrated but I just think it's happening. It seems that you're not of that opinion but let's try to be fair to Ole. In those "big" games, it's all a matter of details.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I’m not moving the goalposts. I would put up with rubbish football if it meant the title. Which is what Jose should have brought. It’s a fair trade off. Rubbish football and no title. Yes I’m not going to be happy. What’s wrong with that?

If supporting the club meant I have to support everything that makes it up I should also be a full backer of the Glazers. I can be an advocate of believing Solskjær is a rubbish manager whilst still supporting my club. I think it’s abit wrong to assume because I don’t back him I also don’t want the club to do well whilst he is in charge. That’s not true. Not saying that these are your views as you’ve never said that to me.
Again, beggars cant be choosers and rubbish football and bad results do in fact tend to go hand in hand. We have been in a rebuild the last 6 years because the three previous managers failed in that department. When Moyes took over it was clear that the team was getting old despite their wealth of experience and ability. He fecked up because he thought adding Fellaini and Mata alone would make us awesome. LvG was way to caught up in his philosophy nonsense, and considering how much he was fecking around in the transfer market he had to go as well. Also, pretty much everyone of our main rivals back then were shite. 15/17 when Leichester won the league, runners up Arsenal had 71 points, while us and City had 66 (we missed out on top 4 on GD). Thats pretty pathetic. Jose i truly believed was the man who bring us back to glory. I wanted him when Fergie left, but that never happened as we know. Also, his first season when he brought the likes of Pogba and Zlatan this place was buzzing. Unlucky for him, him getting here also coincided with Liverpool and City becoming the strongest they have ever been and if he had gotten here in the Moyes/LvG years i am confident he would have won the league easily. In the end, he was burning the whole house down and had to go.

The thing is though, for every manager since Fergie the squad has been gradually weakened, and the amount of "deadwood" compared to top quality players have been steadily rising. That's why i think expecting champagne football is utterly unrealistic, because we simply dont have the quality needed for that yet. Name me the manager that would challenge for the title with this squad and i would have taken him straight away.

And there are improvements, its just that they are in defense rather than attack. Liverpool and Chelsea managed two shots on target vs us over 180 minutes. Thats fecking good, and if we keep developing that we are going to incredibly hard to beat. Add some more attacking flair into that and we will suddenly look much stronger

And if you dont see the difference between a club legened that secured the treble with a dramatic overtime goal and the fecking Glazers i dont know what to say. You do love a nice strawman dont you?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No I wanted Jose out because he was becoming poisonous and detrimental to the club once he didn’t get his way, I couldn’t support that.

Everything Ole has done has been for the benefit of the long term at united even leaving himself short of players which he knew would draw criticism some toxic on here to ensure we get the right players rather than the wrong players. Jose for damn sure would have wanted some expensive past his best striker if he even would have considered Lukaku go. Jose was all about himself and the now and has never in his career built a team for the long term future just established players to do an immediate job then moves on once it’s time to rebuild usually.
But you’re still a proper supporter even though you wanted Jose out?
It is more than fair to criticize Ole for many things, mainly because he has not been doing a good job at all. No matter how much you like him as an ex-player, he is failing as a United manager. And as long as he don’t turn things around quickly, nothing will change that. Or how do you explain that poor run, the negative records he broke, the poor form of basically all players, our terrible results, our weak transfer window, or just the fact that we play poor football with hardly any chances created?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Wrong on all accounts, bar being somewhat lucky in the first game against Chelsea. United dominated the first half with high press yesterday and that is more like the way Molde played when he was a manager there. He is not a counter-attacking coach, but fitness levels and the state of the squad has made it necessary to play that way at the start of the season. He is obviously not preferring old seniors. Young has played some because of injuries. Mata, for instance, has played only in EL and because of injuries. But the core of the team is built on Rashford, McT, AWB, James. Brandon Williams is getting a look in. Greenwood, Gomes and Chong is all part of the senior squad and get minutes.

No one is pleased with being 7th, but most sensible fans wait until at least Christmas before passing judgement on the season. Over at RAWK it has been customary to declare themselves PL winners in October. Writing Uniteds season off (no one is expecting a title challenge) that early is equally stupid.
If you have low expectations for the club and seem to be fine with what has been going on, fine. I think United should never be in such poor condition, no matter what. Ole unfortunately failed at too many things so far. He had a whole summer to work on fitness, but look what that brought us. Yes he is preferring senior players, only now that we have injuries he plays the youngsters. Or why is it that Gomes, Greenwood (our best young players in pre season) hardly played? There was a thread some time ago when he said playing youngsters was key to him yet there was only negative reactions on here as he did not really do so yet.

amolbhatia50k

:

Yeah you may actually want to consider the fact that while you believe Ole is benefiting the football, others may not. And while you felt Mourinho was not benefitting the club, others did not.

I do believe that Jose was rightfully sacked but after your fairly pretentious "you know, support the team" clamour, it's amusing to find out that you didn't 'support' Mourinho.

Flexdegea

Nonsense...........he is doing a lot better than moyes.

Hes not even managing the league winners and hes hammering him on all the important metrics.

If you think Moyes was doing a better job with the champions you'd need your head looked at :lol:

fergiesarmy1

:

Yeah you may actually want to consider the fact that while you believe Ole is benefiting the football, others may not. And while you felt Mourinho was not benefitting the club, others did not.

I do believe that Jose was rightfully sacked but after your fairly pretentious "you know, support the team" clamour, it's amusing to find out that you didn't 'support' Mourinho.
I supported him until it was clear it was not going to work with Jose, No one can say for certainty Ole won’t work out regardless of their opinion on him so until then they should give him some support instead of calling a club legend a “shitbag” as one poster did recently.

StrettyEnder07

Doing worse than Moyes? How you working that out, has Ole taken a side who won the league by 11 points to 7th, getting smoked 3-0 at home by City and Liverpool in consecutive weeks and coming out saying we "aspire to be like them" when we are the current champions?

Is that what Ole has done worse than? Behave yourself

Win tomorrow and we could go 5th, Leicester will drop points throughout the season and the only game we have been beaten in when he hasn't had 6/7 injuries to deal with was Palace at home this year when we got caught on the counter.

Finally we have a manager who has the bottle to bin the players who are not good enough or don't want to be here and he gets crucified for it, Matic going in January music to my fecking ears.

He has given Williams his chance, looks a gem, McTominay is improving no end up Ole, Rashford now has 7 in 11 and 4 assists, Martial looks a new player, even Fred is looking half decent.

He has beaten Chelsea away twice, Arsenal away, Spurs away, smashed Chelsea at home, came very close to beating Liverpool and his tactics on Wednesday were brilliant, changed to a 4 and took control of the game again after Chelsea were on top.

Chelsea just play the kids did they, played their U23 side? Lets have a look

Caballero (not a kid)
Zouma (not a kid)
Alonso (not a kid)
Jorginho (not a kid)
Kovacic (not a kid)
Hudson-Odi (maybe a kid but a 40m quid kid & first teamer)
Batshuayi (not a kid)
Pullisic (not a kid, 60M player by all accounts)

So that argument hasn't lasted overly long

Mainoldo

Again, beggars cant be choosers and rubbish football and bad results do in fact tend to go hand in hand. We have been in a rebuild the last 6 years because the three previous managers failed in that department. When Moyes took over it was clear that the team was getting old despite their wealth of experience and ability. He fecked up because he thought adding Fellaini and Mata alone would make us awesome. LvG was way to caught up in his philosophy nonsense, and considering how much he was fecking around in the transfer market he had to go as well. Also, pretty much everyone of our main rivals back then were shite. 15/17 when Leichester won the league, runners up Arsenal had 71 points, while us and City had 66 (we missed out on top 4 on GD). Thats pretty pathetic. Jose i truly believed was the man who bring us back to glory. I wanted him when Fergie left, but that never happened as we know. Also, his first season when he brought the likes of Pogba and Zlatan this place was buzzing. Unlucky for him, him getting here also coincided with Liverpool and City becoming the strongest they have ever been and if he had gotten here in the Moyes/LvG years i am confident he would have won the league easily. In the end, he was burning the whole house down and had to go.

The thing is though, for every manager since Fergie the squad has been gradually weakened, and the amount of "deadwood" compared to top quality players have been steadily rising. That's why i think expecting champagne football is utterly unrealistic, because we simply dont have the quality needed for that yet. Name me the manager that would challenge for the title with this squad and i would have taken him straight away.

And there are improvements, its just that they are in defense rather than attack. Liverpool and Chelsea managed two shots on target vs us over 180 minutes. Thats fecking good, and if we keep developing that we are going to incredibly hard to beat. Add some more attacking flair into that and we will suddenly look much stronger

And if you dont see the difference between a club legened that secured the treble with a dramatic overtime goal and the fecking Glazers i dont know what to say. You do love a nice strawman dont you?
But we are Manchester we are not beggers. We pay ridiculously high wages for players and managers... so they should coincide. Clearly you can have bad football and good results I mean Mourinho has made a good career out of it and continues to get big jobs. We wouldn’t hire him otherwise.

Whilst I agree with your points on how the last 6 years went I don’t see why my expectations are suppose to drop when the only externalities I can see for this failing is Ole. For instance like you said if Mourinho had taken over after Fergie or in his second season with us was not against Pep, we would have won a title decides all the poor things that had happened before him. Likewise with Ole.. if he was a better manager we wouldn’t be sitting in 7th even with our current squad. We also would have brought a CM.

Now quite frankly he’s here to manager the club, I could give to hoots what he did in 99 when I am analysing his management. It doesn’t benefit me as a fan.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I kind of like what Ole is doing with the mentality of the squad. The spine of the squad is made of players like McTominay, James, Rashford, Maguire, Wan Bissaka etc who are not very comfortable to play against, they tackle hard, put in the hard yards to always get in your space and hardly cede an inch to the opposition. Even Leicester couldn't handle that physicality when they played at Old Trafford.

You're not going to out finesse the likes of City, Liverpool or Barcelona so you need to find an identity that is your own, absorb pressure in those situations and hit back clinically on the counters.

There's still some work to come in terms of breaking down teams that sit deep like Newcastle did and that comes with more flair players like Pogba, Martial and a savvy creative midfielder but there are some outlines of a plan coming together.

amolbhatia50k

I supported him until it was clear it was not going to work with Jose, No one can say for certainty Ole won’t work out regardless of their opinion on him so until then they should give him some support instead of calling a club legend a “shitbag” as one poster did recently.
Rubbish. Nobody can say with certainty that it won't work out with Ole? He's that good huh? Whereas you could say with certainty that Jose should go. When did you feel that way - after the Liverpool game before he got the boot? If both cases one can hold a view that the manager isn't good enough particularly where he has little track record of being good enough. Just as you're entitled to have hope. There's no need to pretend your view have some extra validity despite it being far from the case.

I don't think we should bother with a few oddballs on the internet who resort to name calling. That happens to everyone and most definitely will with someone in a huge job.

fergiesarmy1

Rubbish. Nobody can say with certainty that it won't work out with Ole? He's that good huh? Whereas you could say with certainty that Jose should go. When did you feel that way - after the Liverpool game before he got the boot? If both cases one can hold a view that the manager isn't good enough particularly where he has little track record of being good enough. Just as you're entitled to have hope. There's no need to pretend your view have some extra validity despite it being far from the case.

I don't think we should bother with a few oddballs on the internet who resort to name calling. That happens to everyone and most definitely will with someone in a huge job.
When did I feel that way with Jose, as soon as he started playing up in pre-season because he didn’t get yet another defender and saying united fans shouldn’t even bother watching them. His attitude from then on in stunk the place out.

ReddBalls

Rubbish. Nobody can say with certainty that it won't work out with Ole?
Well, nobody here obviously can't. Neither can anybody here say with certainty that it WILL work out with Ole. At least not yet. No poster on RedCafé has the faintest idea of what is going on behind the scenes.

romufc

As that was probably the weakest squad that he won the EPL with, and we saw the following year what a less then good manager did with the same squad.
You can call the squad weak but we did have:

Rooney, RVP, Vidic, Rio, Evra, De Gea, Nani, Carrick

Also, it showed what a crap manager Moyes was, where we finished was not a reflection of the squad more so the manager.

Chelsea have won league titles and the season after finish 7th
and vice versa finish 7th get a new man and they win the title.

True fact is that Moyes was out of his depth thinking he could target Bale, Kroos, Thiago when he had 0 chance of signing them and ending up with Fellaini.

matt10000

Funny how quick fans can turn or what it takes that his blind fans are coming back. There is no doubt that he got some decent results but that's about it. It is the bare minimum, and just because of that, we shouldn't forget how shit we were for 26 odd gamesSupporting
Doing worse than Moyes? How you working that out, has Ole taken a side who won the league by 11 points to 7th, getting smoked 3-0 at home by City and Liverpool in consecutive weeks and coming out saying we "aspire to be like them" when we are the current champions?

Is that what Ole has done worse than? Behave yourself

Win tomorrow and we could go 5th, Leicester will drop points throughout the season and the only game we have been beaten in when he hasn't had 6/7 injuries to deal with was Palace at home this year when we got caught on the counter.

Finally we have a manager who has the bottle to bin the players who are not good enough or don't want to be here and he gets crucified for it, Matic going in January music to my fecking ears.

He has given Williams his chance, looks a gem, McTominay is improving no end up Ole, Rashford now has 7 in 11 and 4 assists, Martial looks a new player, even Fred is looking half decent.

He has beaten Chelsea away twice, Arsenal away, Spurs away, smashed Chelsea at home, came very close to beating Liverpool and his tactics on Wednesday were brilliant, changed to a 4 and took control of the game again after Chelsea were on top.

Chelsea just play the kids did they, played their U23 side? Lets have a look

Caballero (not a kid)
Zouma (not a kid)
Alonso (not a kid)
Jorginho (not a kid)
Kovacic (not a kid)
Hudson-Odi (maybe a kid but a 40m quid kid & first teamer)
Batshuayi (not a kid)
Pullisic (not a kid, 60M player by all accounts)

So that argument hasn't lasted overly long
Fantastic post.

Time will tell if Ole can take us right back to the top but from what I can see happening we will be in a lot better shape in a couple of years time if we stick with him through the good and bad

fergiesarmy1

Fantastic post.

Time will tell if Ole can take us right back to the top but from what I can see happening we will be in a lot better shape in a couple of years time if we stick with him through the good and bad
Even Eddie howe just said you can he’s building for the future and that’s the key word. Some fans want everything now even during yet another transition and if they can’t a new manager with another transition probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.