Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

Can't even watch his interviews anymore. Smiley Robotic Ole, just can't get myself to believe in him anymore.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Top four will take care of itself in the end according to Ole.

Love him as a player. But he sounds more deluded than Moyes.
I'm not surprised. Have you seen how delusional some our top reds on here?

fergiesarmy1

Yet again - no one is pointing at the players. Ole is at maximum 10% of the problems we have.

Zlatanator

better to sack him after the city game so that his successor will have some breathing space to work on the team.

mu4c_20le

The next manager is going to be really lucky as these young players will have developed consistency based on the foundations that Ole is currently laying. Too bad he probably wont be here to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Un4givableB

Would he had any chance of brining in McTomney for the villa game? I'd brought him in if he's almost ready. I mean how are we expected to control and win games with Fred and Pereira?
McTomney!

McTomney is a dead average premiership midfielder, Fred and Pereira are below average midfielders, decent players that don't fit the premiership.

Marcelinho87

And he's calling out Ole for being a clown, as is his prerogative and a sentiment many will likely share. Great player, joke of a manager.
Joke of a manager is fair enough but many he have called him stuff like "shit cnut" etc and it's not on.

El Zoido

Sack him now and don’t let him anywhere near the club ever again. Absolute disgrace of a manager.

TsuWave

I read that we have 7 wins in our last 33 games. that can't be right, right?! :eek:

Orestetes

Ole has been great in fixing the mess of the last few years(The recent transfers has been on point, deadwood has been mostly moved on and there's really positive signs with youth players)
None of this is true though. What mess is fixed? We're in a bigger mess than one year ago. Which transfer has been on point? We overpaid for two defenders (who are looking bang average at the moment), and we brought in a young winger who shouldn't be starting every game. He should go now, and not in the summer.

Alex201084

It is obvious that, unfortunately, OGS is not the manager that can bring the club new trophies or make us title challengers. And I say this not only because of the results he achieved so far at MU, but bearing in mind his whole career as manager.
However, what I do not understand why so much of the people posting here are so fond of the idea that Pochettino should be our next manager. The way I see things, an ambitious club like us (or any other ambitious club), in order to be successful, must employ one of the following 2 manager types:
1. An established manager, that has a very good track record in winning trophies, with the condition of sharing the club's philosophy
2. A young, promising manager, at the beginning of his career, preferably from within the club or with past connections with the club
After SAF retired, we made a lot of mistakes in appointing new managers and I feel we will keep making them if we do not follow the above criteria. Moyes was a good manager for mid-table teams, with no trophies under his name and no previous experience in managing a bigger team before we employed him. Van Gaal was by far our best manager since SAF, but his unwillingness to adapt to PL football, resulting in very dull matches, cost him his job. Mourinho was never going to fit our club philosophy, and, although he was (and is) very accomplished, his conflictual nature was always going to generate big problems. Furthermore, his career was declining when we hired him, and the squad he inherited was not built for his style of play (his best performances came at Chelsea and Inter, where he had very defensively solid teams and the style of play was not so important for the fans).
Now we hired OGS, whose best achievements as manager are 2 titles with Molde, back in 2011 and 2012, which is way too little to deserve the MU manager job. But, even if we sack him, under no circumstances should we look to appoint Pochettino, a manager who has won nothing in a 10 year old career. In my opinion, our best current option is by far Laurent Blanc: he has already won 4 French titles (including one with Bordeaux, where he built a very exciting team), he is a former United player, he is known to promote youngsters and his teams play an exciting brand of football and are well drilled.
If we look at our main PL competitors, all of them currently currently have correct choices as managers:
- Liverpool hired Klopp, who had won titles with Dortmund and immediately imposed his desired style of play
- City hired Guardiola with the desire to dominate English and european football. Before they hired him, they invested heavily in the club academy (bringing former Guardiola associate Begiristain) and they had Pellegrini as manager, who also employes a possession style of football.
- Chelsea have in Lampard the perfect choice, given their transfer ban, Lampard's past as a Chelsea player and especially his good results with Derby
Like the managers above improved those clubs, I really think Blanc would be a good fit for us, much better than Pochettino or other currently available managers. With him as manager, I see us again as title challengers in 1-2 years, while also playing offensive, exciting football again.

SAFMUTD

He didn't say he was 'proud of the boys' anywhere in that interview.

He actually said that he won't use 'we are a young team' as an excuse because we are Manchester United'.
Then why mention it? Whenever someone says “its not an excuse” is to put it on the table as an excuse.

For example “The pitch was not an excuse for todays performance” so why mention it?

He is trying to buy time with the playing youngsters narrative.

Alabaster Codify7

It's taken longer than it should have, but the worm is turning. Social media is going off this evening, nonstop embarrassing stats and statements damning Ole's performance here. The worm is turning. Wormtongue himself, Woodward is laying the groundwork. The risk assessment board meetings are taking place, and Ole has been designated the risk that he is. He will be given the next two games as free losses, and sacked allowing a new manager to come in with a softer baptism of fire than Spurs and City.

He's a dead man walking. As a manager, Moyes would mop the floor with this guy.

When Moyes was here, we felt "We are being managed by an Everton manager". Now, we're being managed by a Cardiff manager. A Molde manager.

I'm relaxed about the situation, I'm 110% confident he's going to be gone by Christmas at the latest. I'm just gonna chill and wait for the moment to come. The one thing I'm not relaxed about is where we go from here. All I do know, is there are very, VERY few managers out there that would make us worse than we are now.

hobbers

I agree with not sacking him until January though.

Absolutely no point giving a new manager Spurs and City back to back.

Grib

The squad gets up for big games though, every chance they buy him more time with two good performances in those games

Ole out, caretaker in (and dont give him the job this time), new manager after

SAFMUTD

The next manager is going to be really lucky as these young players will have developed consistency based on the foundations that Ole is currently laying. Too bad he probably wont be here to enjoy the fruits of his labour.
Seriously there must be something wrong with my tv or something, guess we are not watching the same team.

Enigma_87

You know who
3 years contract for Mata at 160k.

Contract for Jones.

No doubt he will offer some to Lingard and Pereira before he’s gone.

But he has the best interest of the club and can’t do more damage...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yet again - no one is pointing at the players. Ole is at maximum 10% of the problems we have.
I've defended him because the squad is nowhere near good enough (these results don't surprise me) but he made mistakes today which made getting a result more difficult. There's no excuse to be starting Mata in anything other than a testimonial or Pereira in midfield two. We lost the game in midfield and it was entirely predictable.

Kostur

海尔的老板
3 years contract for Mata at 160k.

Contract for Jones.

No doubt he will offer some to Lingard and Pereira before he’s gone.

But he has the best interest of the club and can’t do more damage...
I think this is called repressed memory in medical terms because you're yet another person who says that.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
27% win rate as manager of Manchester United - 27%. A club built on serial winning - we have a manager with a solid 27% win rate

Sweet Square

None of this is true though. What mess is fixed? We're in a bigger mess than one year ago. Which transfer has been on point? We overpaid for two defenders (who are looking bang average at the moment), and we brought in a young winger who shouldn't be starting every game. He should go now, and not in the summer.
Yeah just don't bother quoting me with this.

bondsname

27% win rate as manager of Manchester United - 27%. A club built on serial winning - we have a manager with a solid 27% win rate
It's fecking ridiculous. There is no excuses for that. 27% is shockingly low, I was definitely in the Ole in brigade a month ago but this is embarrassing for a club with our status.

I can feel it in the air, surely Ole is close to getting the sack now?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I agree with not sacking him until January though.

No point giving a new manager Spurs and City back to back.
It might be a perfect time.

A new manager (let's not be coy, we all know it's going to be Poch) could get a reaction from the players similar to when Ole took charge last season.

We must be reaching breaking point now. Our league record is horrendous, and, as much as I love Ole, this is Manchester United and we are sinking like a stone. With Poch hanging around doing nothing, the board has a huge decision to make before another club signs him. I would say, with a heavy heart, get Pochettino now.

HackeyC

Unfortunately I think his time is done. The options for the Board are:

1. Do nothing for a few more weeks and simply delay the inevitable.

2. Appoint an interim/internal to take the heat from potential losses to Spurs and City, then appoint someone new.

dove

Unfortunately I think his time is done. The options for the Board are:

1. Do nothing for a few more weeks and simply delay the inevitable.

2. Appoint an interim/internal to take the heat from potential losses to Spurs and City, then appoint someone new.
There is nothing unfortunate in sacking a relegation level manager.

90 + 5min

So many people having go at Ole. What a shame. Same people that was all over Mourinho, vanGaal, Moyes and even Ferguson. Just look at "Guardiola sack Watch" thread. No patience whatsoever. Everything has to been done in a second. From buying players to winning league.

Lets pretend new manager comes in tommorow. WIll you give him a chance or will you after a draw or a lost game have a go at him? Demanding Changes? Without mentioning what players we have. Without taking anything else in account in your quick analisys.

Status
Not open for further replies.