Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I read an article about two months ago whereby the glazers effectively said they were not expecting much this season. Maybe a cup win. Basically the previous five to six years have been mismanaged. Because of this the squad is poor in places and the culture of the club is wrong. And according to the article Ole will be tasked with changing the culture of the club.

I would still back him but i am getting frustrated. Some players have to be given the boot. We now with Pogba back have four tens. Two of them have to be given the boot. Then we have a load of centre backs, two of which need to be sold. We also need a striker and a couple of MFs. If Pogba goes then we need a replacement ten as well. Load of young players that are not good enough either.

Badly need to sign someone in January just to keep the morale up. Hopefully a good striker. I would still back Ole but with days like today my patience is wearing thin. You have to put things in perspective, in that Watford were the bottom club and we barely threatened them until late on.

Eriku

Spunking 130m quid on AWB and Maguire hasn't been anything exceptional to be honest.
Maybe not, but if they don’t tuck tail like Di Maria, or are chonky and talking about how hard it is to shed weight until they’re sold to Inter when the weight suddenly falls off like with Lukaku, or their form goes off an absolute cliff while simultaneously being the highest paid player in the league like Sanchez, then I reckon it’s an improvement on our recruitment policy.

My two cents. We’ve spunked far too much on players who don’t get what it means to play for United. I’m glad to see that we’re back to Fergie’s emphasis on character and desire.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well that is not smart imo. Every manager buys players for his system and style. There are of course group of players who fit in every system( mainly because they are world class players) but most of them don't.
For example look Ole's signings. James can play for any manager who uses wingers but he is useless for 352 formation and especially look at Harry and Awb? With Maguire you can't play with high defensive line because he is slow and Awb is not dream fullback for coach who plays with attacking full backs. Jose loved to have target man, many managers don't want to have them. Jose loved classic strong old fashioned dmc but Ole doesn't even play with classic no6 and uses no10.
So giving Ole another 100mil "just to see" what will happen is just wrong because that means that new manager will have less money to spend on his players and will have more players that he maybe doesn't want.

Only if we are 100% sure that Ole is the guy for future( next season) we should back him in next transfer window.
'You back him or sack him', and imo we are a million miles from sacking him, Woodward will follow Ole over a cliff, because he knows the majority of sane fans will blame him long before they do Ole.

So lets just accept we have Ole for the foreseeable future, I would rather we give him a chance at making things better, so back him, he has so clearly got gaping hole in the squad, so there is an element of doubt as to what he can actually do imo.

If I truly thought we'd go out and get someone like Poch, give him £250 million in the summer, then I'd be calling for this to happen, and for Ole to gracefully step aside, but it won't, so we might as well give Ole the chance at been as good as he can be.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just listened to his post match interview and again he can't help but talk about rebuild and the lads working hard, which had nothing to do with the question asked by the journalist.

This guy is using Charles Manson repetition and manipulation and brainwashing to keep his job. This fraud is only interested in protecting his position in order to keep lining up his pockets. He doesn't give a shit about United's best interest, otherwise he'd have packed up and left a long time ago.

He now has a cult following who repeat word for word the same phrases, buzzwords and values like a religion

Dare question Ole, or ask any of his followers what he has done here that is so great and why he deserves to stay and you will get

''He's made 3 solid signings''

''We've gotten ridden of the deadwood''

''He's improved the culture''

''Ole cares about the club''

''We need to stick with him through the rebuilding process''

''No other manager can come in and do any better''

'We're finally heading in the right direction as a club and seeing progress''

All this shit, while they complain and blame the players for their attitude, meanwhile on the other hand telling all and sundry that Ole already got rid of all the bad people poisoning the dressing room :lol:
I have wondered whether people who post this nonsense genuinely believe it or are just displaying their top red credentials in some willy-waving contest.
Do you genuinely believe he 'doesn't give a shit about United's best interest'? Really?

neilv93

if he was sacked, which premier league club at all would want him their manager?
Bro I support Bristol Rovers and we're looking to hire a manager. I wouldn't want Ole down the Mem, let alone leading out the world's biggest at Old Trafford. Nothing personal to him, nice bloke and all, but appalling manager.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Maybe not, but if they don’t tuck tail like Di Maria, or are chonky and talking about how hard it is to shed weight until they’re sold to Inter when the weight suddenly falls off like with Lukaku, or their form goes off an absolute cliff while simultaneously being the highest paid player in the league like Sanchez, then I reckon it’s an improvement on our recruitment policy.

My two cents. We’ve spunked far too much on players who don’t get what it means to play for United. I’m glad to see that we’re back to Fergie’s emphasis on character and desire.
That is at least one positive thing to say about Ole. He is trying to change the culture that the club enacted when ferguson retired.

Mourinho was just a disaster i feel. We should have kept Van Gaal on for at least another season. We went from a coach who had one style to one who had a completely different style. Granted Mourinho won the most of the managers since Ferguson retired. But i think in ways he caused what we are seeing now.

Paul_Scholes18

Stats don't tell the truth many times. For example, it is normal to finish game with more possession and shots when you lose 2:0 after 60 minutes. Other team goes in defence and you go all out in attack with shooting from all positions.
Agree with that. Although the trend is still clear. We are not great at breaking teams down who play deep and give us the ball.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
After every away game Ole says how "we lacked passion in first half". Ok, it happens sometimes but every fecking time? And whos fault is that?

el3mel

Deliver him a couple of players in January, and see if he can slay the beast of not been able to break down teams that defend first against us, if he can't then he has to be toast in the summer.

The worst thing we could do is just leave him with this squad for the rest of the season, and have the element of doubt of what could have been, or waste more time with him next season, as he clearly has something going on to nail so many top teams.
What if he ends up signing similar players to that signed in summer ? Players suited for setting back and playing counter attacking ?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Win Percentage When Dominating Possession PL 19/20:

Liverpool: 93%
Leicester: 77%
Man City: 65%
Chelsea: 56%
Man Utd: 8%

bondsname

Stop posting stuff like this. It's bumming me out. Let's all try to be positive.

Pogba is back and he was awesome.

Paul_Scholes18

That's the spirit. We ought to change the culture on the caf too, not just the team.:D
We should have all watched Newcastle vs Palace and understand that it is the aim for us to reach the level of those teams in terms of how we play.

R'hllor

oO

Dont give a damn if you are Ole in or Ole out, this type of performances aint acceptable and it shouldnt matter who is in charge. Also, can we stop with whole shit squad and not good enough to beat teams like Watford etc. One side is just mental, deluded, saying some crazy stuff, while other throwing insults at Ole like its nothing.

432JuanMata

Liverpool would be 100% if it wasn’t for us we had like 32% possession at home was a decent performance but felt weird

red thru&thru

After every away game Ole says how "we lacked passion in first half". Ok, it happens sometimes but every fecking time? And whos fault is that?
The managers. The basics of his job is to have his ready both mentally and physically. He's at a year at it, it shouldn't be this bad, so consistently, after so long.

Lentwood

The way the fans need to be looking at this is we have a squad made up;

- young, inexperienced footballers
- fading, past-it footballers
- poor/ineffective footballers

There are probably only really two players in our squad who are in and around an age you would usually consider “prime” for their position and are good enough - Maguire and Pogba

Roboc7

He’s a manager with one good spell in Norway, who failed at Cardiff and then had a mediocre second spell in Norway (possibly was even under achieving there). It shouldn’t really be a surprise that someone so unqualified is struggling, the big issue he’s a club legend and the CEO is clueless so this could be allowed to drag on into next season.

Ole gave us one of the best ever Utd moments but I’m not going allow that to make me pretend he is a good manager. He’s doing his best but as expected it isn’t good enough.

The Bloody-Nine

The way the fans need to be looking at this is we have a squad made up;

- young, inexperienced footballers
- fading, past-it footballers
- poor/ineffective footballers

There are probably only really two players in our squad who are in and around an age you would usually consider “prime” for their position and are good enough - Maguire and Pogba
Those players can beat Chelsea, Spurs and Man City. The fans need to be looking at the manager.

Seb burrow

Ole seriously needs to learn to give these kids a good kick up the back side to get them revved up against these lesser teams.

their attitude in thinking that their talent alone will win the game is costing us.

if he thinks being nice all the time works, maybe he should reflect on SAF and the hairdryer treatments he use to dish out.

we need to be seriously dominating these teams and be more physical

Eddy_JukeZ

Well the false dawn only lasted 2 games this time.

He is clueless whenever we face a team that drops deep.

You don't need better players to beat the dross in the league.

Suedesi

To be fair, extending the likes of Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Juan Mata doesn't exactly scream that.

And spunking 130m quid on two defenders is far from sensible when we've needed a RW and ACM for ages is far from sensible.

I have no confidence that we won't spend over the odds on some overrated English midfielder next, Maddison for 100m quid sounds very likely and utterly underwhelming.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We lost against 20th team in PL with basically our best team.
No more excuses for him please. He is shit manager and with him we don't have any future. The same how Pereira will not become good midfielder and Lingard will not become excellent no10, Ole will never be good PL manager. Division one quality at best.

That sums up this day for me

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
If you can't enjoy a derby win, irrespective of context, your opinion probably isn't worth reading.
Didn't say they weren't enjoyable. I said they were not beneficial in the medium to long term as a poor manager and coaching staff bought themselves a further undeserved 6 months.

Eriku

To be fair, extending the likes of Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Juan Mata doesn't exactly scream that.

And spunking 130m quid on two defenders is far from sensible when we've needed a RW and ACM for ages is far from sensible.

I have no confidence that we won't spend over the odds on some overrated English midfielder next, Maddison for 100m quid sounds very likely and utterly underwhelming.
Jones, Young and Mata will always try their best and try to execute the coach’s plan. They’re not good enough, but we can’t chuck everybody out at once.

At any rate I am confident that Ole’s more interested in United’s long-term well-being than any of his predecessors. I am fond of the following analogy: Fergie leaving and Moyes gutting our institutional memory, as well as making people like Rio, Vida and Evra jump ship, was akin to us breaking a leg. Subsequently our leg fused back together in a crooked way. Ole’s done the painful thing of breaking it again, and is trying to re-set it. To his managerial career’s detriment, he could definitely have taken an easier path to better results, but I think it was an important and correct move.

I may be wrong, which I keep emphasising, because I hate living in a trench and contributing to polarisation, but that’s how I feel at present. As has been pointed out, this season was always going to be an unstable one. A thin midfield making do without our star player definitely hasn’t helped, not to mention being without Martial, who at 24 is the closest we get to a veteran striker. I’m fine with being patient for the time being.

Mainoldo

You guys are happy to let this guy lead us into mediocrity. It’s actually a funny watch. We should have been the Amazon Prime special :lol:

r0663664

Worships Man City
We lost against 20th team in PL with basically our best team.
No more excuses for him please. He is shit manager and with him we don't have any future. The same how Pereira will not become good midfielder and Lingard will not become excellent no10, Ole will never be good PL manager. Division one quality at best.

That sums up this day for me
He will struggle in division one. He can't motivate his team to beat inferior team. Do you think he will survive in division one?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has yet to learn the difference between making decisions with his head vs his heart. He’s probably bought into the emotional aspect of man management from SAF but has not quite realized the cut throat other half of SAF. If a player is not good enough, nip it in the bud.

Andreas and Lingard should be no where near a first team squad in the premierleague.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
He has to go I'm afraid but new manager won't solve our problems if Ed will be tight with money again.
Surely a propper mananger would solve some problems. Its quite easy to see that we lack any form of plan when we play against teams with a low block. We just rely on individual brilliance and we dont have the players to do that game in game out. I dont think its too hard to implement a attacking structure against lesser sides, but we need good coaching to do that.

Playing counter attacking football against better teams is not the issue since we have some players with amazing pace and decent technical ability but we need collective improvement against lesser teams. It is a coaching issue.

This season we have made none progress against the lesser teams. This horror show needs to end as soon as possible. Ole must go, bring Poch in.

Addition:

Since I do not believe he is getting the boot any time soon the man could try something else. Try a different formation, different players and stop talking shit in the press. I still cant stop thinking about when he said Lingard is getting back to his best form! What ducking form? And since Ole is going to be here he better bring that ugly manchild from Norway in asap!

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I predicted a defeat before the game so i'm not surprised at all. These players are pathetic away from home against any team that is up for it.
What? You predicted a defeat against a team that are only 20th in the fecking league because of our players... I've never seen so much drivel and delusion. You're as bad as Wumminator and I'm pretty sure he's actually a WUM account started by the mods.

matt10000

Bro I support Bristol Rovers and we're looking to hire a manager. I wouldn't want Ole down the Mem, let alone leading out the world's biggest at Old Trafford. Nothing personal to him, nice bloke and all, but appalling manager.
No worries there mate Ole wouldnt be interested in Bristol Rovers and I am happy for him to lead the worlds biggest

Status
Not open for further replies.