Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Perfect team selection tonight, Ashley Young especially with his shithousery

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

The last two games and the difficulties they presented have been well planned out. Good tactical approach and good selections all over the pitch that produced two convincing performances. More of this and he can have us in the top-four sooner than anybody expected.

King Andow

Why he keeps giving Lingard minutes? If Gomes is off, just give more chances to Greenwood, Levitt, Ramazani, Puigmal... anyone.

Paul_Scholes18

Still not convinced of our attacking play without space. We got gifted the first goal and the second we got on the counter. Rashford do not know what to do most of the time which Ole should coach. James try to cross it mostly with too few players in the box. Martial try to linkup, but often there is not enough movement around him.

Finally getting a clean sheet though and I thought we defended really well today. We have defended well in many big games, but also messed up against the smaller teams far too often.
Hopefully we can build on this and put in similar defensive performances and improve our attack.

AndyMUFC

Definitely improving and bar the awful Watford game performances and results are better in recent weeks, which is a good sign. Hopefully we can keep it up. We know we're still limited in certain areas but that's what the transfer market is for.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He didn't? He came in off the bench, got the job done. Not the night to be slagging players off, enjoy another good performance.
And they all got praises from me. Even i will..wait for it because this is hard for me...praise Ole for this game. Really confident performance.
But this thing with Lingard must stop

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Still not convinced of our attacking play without space. We got gifted the first goal and the second we got on the counter. Rashford do not know what to do most of the time which Ole should coach. James try to cross it mostly with too few players in the box. Martial try to linkup, but often there is not enough movement around him.
Perhaps but there were some moments where we created brilliant chances, be it Williams whipping great crosses along face of goal or Martial having his shot clear off the line.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Great to win two in a row. Well done Ole. Now we need a little bit luck with injuries.

If we can continue like this then the next couple of months can be fun. We need more creativity but I assume Ole already knows this. Finally I can go to bed with a smile and look forward to tomorrow. Once again. Really well done Ole.

JustAGuest

Good result. I wonder how much Pogba returning will improve the team. Chance creation has been a bit of an issue.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
And they all got praises from me. Even i will..wait for it because this is hard for me...praise Ole for this game. Confident performance.
But this thing with Lingard must stop
Ole is forced to utilize every player at his disposal to keep the squad fit for the entirety of the season. That means starting the likes of Lingard, Matic, Young, and Mata occasionally. They will remain a feature of the team until Woody gets his finger out and makes upgrades in their positions.

Keefy18

I'll imagine this thread will be fairly quiet for a few days, the Ole out instant gratification sorts will pounce the minute they can again....

Anyway, here's are apparently s*it form

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
[/QUOTE]
Some peoples brain are broken to the point where they're unable to credit Ole with anything, so instead they zero in on whatever they can use to bash him with.
So talking about general things is off when we win. Just praise, right? You would be one of the best posters on RAWK.

always_hoping

The full calendar year of league fixtures done and dusted with Ole in charge.

League record home and away in 2019.

P38 W17 D11 L10 F56 A45 PTS 62

Home record

P19 W9 D7 L3 F32 A22 PTS 34

Away record

P19 W9 D4 L7 F24 A23 PTS 28

Best wins 2-1 away to Man City, 4-0 v Chelsea and 0-1,2-1 wins v Spurs

Worst results Watford and West Ham 2-0 defeats, Everton 4-0 and that 2-0 home loss to Cardiff.

The two draws with Liverpool in their 2019 flawless form is worth noting also.

Canagel

The in game management by him is shocking. Team is desperate for tactical solutions but for some reason it takes an eternity for him to see what any ordinary fan saw 15-20 mimutes ago and act accordingly. I wonder what game is he watching. It makes a comfortable match turn into a uncomfortable match and far more difficult than necessary.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Was that some impressive showing or something?
I thought that was our best showing of the season against a park the bus team, topping the win against Newcastle the other day.

Ole can remain as long as he likes if the team continues performing like that. Bar the Watford debacle, the team has shown considerable improvement since the Liverpool game. Would you deny that?

Jonno

The waves that are created with each win and each defeat on here are mental.

We have the youngest PL team, lots of players that we need to move on yet we are still on course for top 4 and 1-2 trophies.

I feel Ole is learning as much as the young team is and there is room for him to become a top level manager, its just whether he gets the time, patience and budget to continue.

Imagine for 1 second that we may eradicate the bad results like Watford, Newcastle away, etc and be left with a genuine Man United man with a plan In charge.

MDFC Manager

I'll imagine this thread will be fairly quiet for a few days, the Ole out instant gratification sorts will pounce the minute they can again....

Anyway, here's are apparently s*it form

That's shows we're in great current form, and full credit to Ole for that.

But that also highlights how staggeringly poor we were in the first 14 games. Just 4 wins in those!

Castia

I’m always here to criticise when things don’t go right so I’m here to praise the win today.

He made a lot of changes and I feared the worst before kick off but credit where it’s due we played well today and have put a decent run together to get us in a position to challenge for 4th.

Lets hope we can go with the momentum and put 4-5 league wins together on the bounce. Well played Ole.

Kostov

I thought that was our best showing of the season against a park the bus team, topping the win against Newcastle the other day.

Ole can remain as long as he likes if the team continues performing like that. Bar the Watford debacle, the team has shown considerable improvement since the Liverpool game. Would you deny that?
Yes I would. I think the team has shown very little improvement. Second half we were terrible once again.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fantastic management from OGS in past month. Been really impressed in how he has rotated his resources, increased our scoring and all while picking up points. Looks like he is beginning to reap rewards from many tough decisions he made over the summer, introducing a new culture and the continual coaching from his team.

There will still be ups and downs over next few months, and Im fine with that, but I can really see some marked progress here and can also see what he's trying to do.

Just wish the entire fanbase could sort their act out and stop behaving like entitled petulant spoilt children ... but its their loss not to enjoy watching a team develop and grow.

Judas

Open to offers
Eh some of you lot on here are just beyond help at this point, when you seemingly can't get any joy out of what is a form of entertainment, you really have to take a step back and reevaluate.

Keefy18

That's shows we're in great current form, and full credit to Ole for that.

But that also highlights how staggeringly poor we were in the first 14 games. Just 4 wins in those!
Often it is small margins that give that appearance.

I mean, how many penalties did we miss? I believe the probability of scoring a penalty is about the 70% mark, but we missed 4 I think?

Throw in De Gea errors as well which have been costly.

You can understand one or the other happening but both is definitely an element of being unlucky.

I know, I know it sounds like ifs and buts... That's how it goes sometimes.

Take even Rashford's misses vs Palace and Wolves, if they go in that's an extra 4 points.......

Irwin99

That was a very good win against a truly horrible team to play against. He deserves credit for getting his squad management right on this occasion.

el3mel

Yes I would. I think the team has shown very little improvement. Second half we were terrible once again.
It was a terrible game of football from almost every aspect thanks to the opposition and ref and considering we played less than 48 hours ago I'm over the moon with such a win. For me, an incredible result. I don't ask for performance much at Boxing day period.

Status
Not open for further replies.