Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

Not the point. Do you actually believe you are judging them by the same stick? These posts were in November of last year:

Compare that to this (just in this thread):

That is a staggering amount of hypocrisy. In fairness, it's not just you. I've said this before: One of the main reasons why I don't respect a large portion of those who want Ole out is because they were bending over backward to give Jose allowances they refuse to give Ole, solely because his managerial CV is worse.
Ha, this didn't get enough credit. Good work.

Gomes

It's not even blind faith. He literally has two completely different standards for a United manager. That is next-level hypocrisy.
You are doing exactly the same. Only with a worse manager, well done.
You and Roonester should really consider counseling. Not even joking.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I knew Mourinho would be bad (I didn’t think would be THAT bad) but I thought it was needed to hire him. I thought once he’d finally failed we could move on. Obviously not.
The relative silence of large contingent of his fans on the Caf during Ole's initial winning run told me all I needed to know. It was inevitable the second United suffered a dip in form the knives would come out.

fergosaurus

The same manager who spent nearly 400m on players mostly deemed not good enough, created a toxic atmosphere, didn't hit his own targets, never challenged for the PL (2nd yet 16 points from 1st), consistently poor results in the CL, and had United 11 points off 4th before left. Yeah, let's give this guy more rope and bin the guy who nearly salvaged last season after 6 months into his first transfer window.

Sound reasoning.
It's funny that you discredit Mourinho's achievements of getting to three cup finals, winning two trophies and finishing 2nd and the best you can say is Ole "nearly salvaged last season". :lol: When the new manager bounce wore off Ole bottled top four and we've been on an unprecedented run of terrible form since. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Solskjaer won't get near the success Mourinho had with us even if the latter's time was deemed as a failure due to the higher standards you'd expect from him. Time will tell.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You are doing exactly the same. Only with a worse manager, well done.
You and Roonester should really consider counseling. Not even joking.
What exactly am I doing? I'm not even Ole in. I think performance-wise he's done an average job, and you don't see me blaming Woodward for his lack of results. However, I do realize he's had one transfer window and he's attempting to instill a positive, youth-first culture at the club. He's also only 4 points off fourth and key players look much better under him than Jose. But again context doesn't matter to those who want to hold steadfast to their confirmation bias.

You should consider following along a bit better or making your criticisms clear.

He'sRaldo

Not the point. Do you actually believe you are judging them by the same stick? These posts were in November of last year:

Compare that to this (just in this thread):

That is a staggering amount of hypocrisy. In fairness, it's not just you. I've said this before: One of the main reasons why I don't respect a large portion of those who want Ole out is because they were bending over backward to give Jose allowances they refuse to give Ole, solely because his managerial CV is worse.
Quality work btw.

Mainoldo

Ignores context because it doesn't fit their confirmation bias. Par for the course.
What context? I poster stook up for one manager (a very successful one at that). But now doesn’t stick up for our current manager. Heaven knows what’s next you going to pull up post of him defending Chris Smalling but going in on Harry Maguire.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's funny that you discredit Mourinho's achievements of getting to three cup finals, winning two trophies and finishing 2nd and the best you can say is Ole "nearly salvaged last season". :lol: When the new manager bounce wore off Ole bottled top four and we've been on an unprecedented run of terrible form since. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Solskjaer won't get near the success Mourinho had with us even if the latter's time was deemed as a failure due to the higher standards you'd expect from him. Time will tell.
Which cup finals were they? Why don't you state them?
Why doesn't CL performances matter more?
Why focus only on his second place finish without adding the club wasn't close the challenging (even though he predicted before the season he would)?
Why not mention that if Jose wouldn't have left the club so far off 4th Ole's record would have resulted in a top 4 finish?

No need to answer these questions as we both know they don't suit the rose-colored narrative you are trying to paint. I don't have the energy or patience to rehash these old debates that end up resulting in running around the facts. We would both be bored.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
What context? I poster stook up for one manager (a very successful one at that). But now doesn’t stick up for our current manager. Heaven knows what’s next you going to pull up post of him defending Chris Smalling but going in on Harry Maguire.
At this point, I feel you are purposely missing the point. It's about holding them to completely different standards. Not even in the same realm. Surely even you can admit that.

Mainoldo

At this point, I feel you are purposely missing the point. It's about holding them to completely different standards. Not even in the same realm. Surely even you can admit that.
I not missing the point I’m just trying to put this in the most simplistic terms. He’s holding them at different standards ‘rightly or wrongly’ because he doesn’t believe in Ole and he had a right to feel that way if he wants to.

You back Ole and I respect your opinion (I’d though I believe your bloody stupid for it :lol: ) but if he got sacked and you didn’t back the new manager for whatever reason I’m not going to question you on it, if you feel he’s not up to the job.

Halftrack

Even more absurd that you have "fans" defending another "fan" that is hoping "their" team loses so the manager is sacked. Mind-numbing stuff.
It's even absurd using the CV argument as to why it's different, because Mourinho has a history of imploding after a few years at a club, so defending him while he's clearly in the process of doing so means completely ignoring his CV basically.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I not missing the point I’m just trying to put this in the most simplistic terms. He’s holding them at different standards ‘rightly or wrongly’ because he doesn’t believe in Ole and he had a right to feel that way if he wants to.

You back Ole and I respect your opinion (I’d though I believe your bloody stupid for it :lol: ) but if he got sacked and you didn’t back the new manager for whatever reason I’m not going to question you on it, if you feel he’s not up to the job.
I'm actually apathetic towards him, but I know it suits your argument better to pretend I'm as vehemently Ole in as you are Ole out. Regardless, it not about whether or not he's entitled to an opinion (random argument that was never the point). It about how a person can claim to have the best interests of their club at heart, yet have completely different standards for managers. Standards can be a bit different or you can prefer one over the other but if you're going to beat the sack drum so ferociously at least be somewhat consistent or at least admit your bias.

It's really simple stuff not worth going on about.

Mainoldo

I'm actually apathetic towards him, but I know it suits your argument better to pretend I'm as vehemently Ole in as you are Ole out. Regardless, it not about whether or not he's entitled to an opinion (random argument that was never the point). It about how a person can claim to have the best interests of their club at heart, yet have completely different standards for managers. Standards can be a bit different or you can prefer one over the other but if you're going to beat the sack drum so ferociously at least be somewhat consistent or at least admit your bias.

It's really simple stuff not worth going on about.
But you are failing to consider maybe he thought sticking with Mourinho was best for United. I hope he’s just learnt his lesson and realised the most important position in the club is actually the one that should carry zero apathy.

Mourinho deserved the sack and so does Ole as he’s performances are just as bad as what got Ole the sack.

Anyway let’s hope we have a good game today.

fergosaurus

Which cup finals were they? Why don't you state them?
Why doesn't CL performances matter more?
Why focus only on his second place finish without adding the club wasn't close the challenging (even though he predicted before the season he would)?
Why not mention that if Jose wouldn't have left the club so far off 4th Ole's record would have resulted in a top 4 finish?

No need to answer these questions as we both know they don't suit the rose-colored narrative you are trying to paint. I don't have the energy or patience to rehash these old debates that end up resulting in running around the facts. We would both be bored.
Which cup finals? The FA Cup, league cup and Europa League.

Why mention us finishing 16 points off an amazing City team as if getting 81 points with that squad wasn't an achievement? Looks like you're the one trying to paint a narrative mate. If you want to play that card I can easily bring up that the only reason we're not out of sight of top four is Solskjaer has had the good fortune of most of our rivals underperforming.

Or we can stick to facts and see that Solskjaer's points per game % this season is less than Mourinho's meltdown season which got him sacked.

Eriku

Which cup finals? The FA Cup, league cup and Europa League.

Why mention us finishing 16 points off an amazing City team as if getting 81 points with that squad wasn't an achievement? Looks like you're the one trying to paint a narrative mate. If you want to play that card I can easily bring up that the only reason we're not out of sight of top four is Solskjaer has had the good fortune of most of our rivals underperforming.

Or we can stick to facts and see that Solskjaer's points per game % this season is less than Mourinho's meltdown season which got him sacked.
Simple quoting of points now vs then isn’t exactly a good analysis. How far off top four are we now compared to when Mourinho got the sack?

peanuthead

Team news is coming out in 10 minutes, if he's smart he'll put out our best eleven and not rotate. Our squad depth is not good enough and we can't afford to drop points today as Spurs is losing plus Arsenal and Chelsea play tomorrow. We need to win today.

Shark

@NotShark
No win tonight and it’s just more pressure on him really, if he can’t capitalize on rivals dropping points vs the likes of Burnley, what’s the point?

fergosaurus

Simple quoting of points now vs then isn’t exactly a good analysis. How far off top four are we now compared to when Mourinho got the sack?
We had stronger competition competing for those CL spots. Chelsea were fourth then with 2.18 points per game and now they are fourth with 1.68.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Since I bumped when we went 1-0 down against Newcastle. Its only fair to bump now and say that we look defensively better. He ackowledged that earlier and Burnley havent created shit. Good 1st half.

Now that was really enjoyable, and I was about to post this even before the goal.

Much more like it in an away game. Having Matic does help in these types of games in my opinion, he's rather shite in the big games now mind but can be of use.

Zen86

Good half. Seems like there’s a lot more speed and intent behind our passing and some of the link up play has been nice. Been some scrappiness too but oh well.

Irwin99

Having a left back that can get forward and create is helping the forward line big time.

Good half from Ole and his team selection

Kag

Funny what a goal does to the fickle.

We’ve been largely shite and very pedestrian with the ball. Only Williams and Fred showing any sign of urgency in their play. But we scored, so all is well...

It’s just as well I’m behind the bloke.

Robbie Boy

It's been a dreadful match tbf and we've generally looked lacklustre. The goal was a good moment of quality though.

Mainoldo

Terrible match. We’ve got to use Williams more and Rashford needs to make more space for his runs. Hopefully we can get an early goal.

We’ve been largely shite and very pedestrian with the ball. Only Williams and Fred showing any sign of urgency in their play. But we scored, so all is well...
hmmmm... really? I was really enjoying the game even before the goal, thought we played with a lot more urgency and had some nice quick passages of play.

Odd.

Mainoldo

I don’t really know how anyone can describe this game as terrible or lacklustre.
I you can’t see a difference between the first half and the second half so far. That’s on you.

This second half is a total opposite of those words.

Di Maria's angel

Funny what a goal does to the fickle.

It’s just as well I’m behind the bloke.
I actually dont think we were that good going forward but looked quite solid at the back.

Keefy18

Martial & Rashford this season:

Martial is involved in a goal every 106 mins so far this season.

Rashford is involved in a goal every 102 mins so far this season.

Sure we're only getting worse, he hasn't got any players performing has Ole! :houllier:

El Zoido

Credit where due today, we played well and should have scored more. My big question mark is set pieces, in both attacking and defending. Need to focus here.

el3mel

Fair feck to him. Incredible result. There was never a better way to manage such a game after playing less than 48 hours ago. 2 amazing wins and we look close to top 4, and a big game coming next, our own speciality!

lysglimt

Scout
After 4-1 against Newcastle and 2-0 away to Burnley - leave the criticism alone until the Arsenal-game at least

Di Maria's angel

Well done Ole. I'm happy. Solid at the back and scored 2. Honestly, we can improve but this actually inspires confidence.

RUCK4444

Another win, he’s handling the Christmas period pretty well, doesn’t look ‘clueless’ like some make out in here.

Young players thriving all over the pitch, attacking football.

Controlled the game and broke down a defensive side which is another stick people like to beat Ole with.

This is much better, if just better on the eye, especially with the young lads, than under previous managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.