Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You don't have to wait for them. Just look at Maradona when he was a manager (terrible one btw, but maybe not for the reasons we think), some people would go and say Maradona was not good enough as a player!

I think for some players, they could do things with such ease that for them, some aspects of the game is natural. And it must be really complicated for the players to understand exactly what they want because they cannot "guess" what the whole vision of football was when those talented players become managers. It's certainly not a rule, but I think you must sound a bit mystic sometimes when you explain stuff that seem trivial to you, but are not necessarily to almost everyone else.
Inclined to agree they might not make good managers, as you say it is if they have the patience to understand that players might not be able to do as you did.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't see hoe arguing who between RVP and Ole was bigger for us adds this.

Foxbatt

Yes it did get to him. No one likes criticism. Especially from an ex world class player like RVP who has played under two world class managers Wenger and SAF. Ole himself should know better. I have never seen SAF looking anything but grumpy and angry if we lose a game. Forget about Arsenal.
It is really pathetic of Ole to say about the 20 shirt.

have a look at this. Rio and RVP and especially Rio is spot on.

Kammy26

RvP was a bigger player for us.

Ffs, everyone goes on about Ole scoring against Bayern.

Okay, cool, so did Teddy. Shall we give him a whirl in the manager’s hot seat?

Solskjaer has to be one of the most overrated ‘legends’ in history.

His exploits are akin to what Origi is doing at Liverpool.
This is what Ole as our manager is doing to us fans. It’s making us fecking crazy. Board need to act before a lot of us, me included end up losing our minds.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
2019 : Ole in vs Ole out vs Ole not sure
2020 : Van Persie the player vs Ole the player
2021 : Moyes Returns

I can feel it in my feelings.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I'm Ole-out but this is just absolute nonsense, especially the last sentence is beyond ridiculous.

He scored 126 goals for us, more than Andy Cole and Ronaldo did. And before you tell me that Ronaldo played far fewer years than Solskjaer for us, it was his choice to do so. As was Solskjaer's choice to stay here and offer us his services until the end of his career. He's our 16th top scorer of all time with most of his contributions coming from the bench. Of course, he is a legend and Origi has a long way to go before he achieves a similar status at Liverpool which he probably never will.

And 9/10 new managers are ex-players. It's not exactly a profession open to everybody. This doesn't mean that Sheringham should get a chance as well. At that time his appointment made sense, we were desperate and Mourinho was waiting to get his compensation and leave. Arguably, he hasn't done a very good job since he was made the permanent manager. Criticise him for his 12 months at the helm but leave his legendary status out of it. It won't change, ever, and you will just sound petulant.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Can anyone say they haven't been thinking the same things themselves? I fully stand behind Robin's comments.

The comfort with which we accept losing matches is deeply disturbing. Is this his Utd way? Because we can't be any more removed from the culture under SAF to me. Smiling after losses, hi-five'ing Lingard is embarrassing.

I'm glad Robin called him out. More questions need to be asked of us under him. He's lucky he has a lot of goodwill in the media because if comments like this are rattling him, i don't know how he's going to cope once the journalists start being ruthless with him too.

Kag

This is what Ole as our manager is doing to us fans. It’s making us fecking crazy. Board need to act before a lot of us, me included end up in the bottom block.
You can’t blame the board, or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for the frightening lack of intelligence on an internet forum, I’m afraid.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Can anyone say they haven't been thinking the same things themselves? I fully stand behind Robin's comments.

The comfort with which we accept losing matches is deeply disturbing. Is this his Utd way? Because we can't be any more removed from the culture under SAF to me. Smiling after losses, hi-five'ing Lingard is embarrassing.

I'm glad Robin called him out. More questions need to be asked of us under him. He's lucky he has a lot of goodwill in the media because if comments like this are rattling him, i don't know how he's going to cope once the journalists start being ruthless with him too.
Because people believe in not throwing the players under the bus, and that somehow ole would have a hard word with them behind the screen.

Plus the last manager who has enough balls.to call them out got the sacked.

Ole dont have the luxury of being Saf, as bad as his players perform.he can't afford to piss them off.

Gasolin

Because people believe in not throwing the players under the bus, and that somehow ole would have a hard word with them behind the screen.

Ole dont have the luxury of being Saf, as bad as his players perform.he can't afford to piss them off.
He can't piss them off publicly, it doesn't mean he does not do it behind doors. What the hell, what is this logic now?

Mainoldo

Hmm Solskjær started 216 matches and scored 97 goals, he was a sub for 150 matches and scored 29 goals, all over 11 years.
Good for him. But he can’t lace RVP’s boots. Futhermore.. I’m not really bothered to compare the two.. pointless debate.

Gasolin

Good for him. But he can’t lace RVP’s boots. Futhermore.. I’m not really bothered to compare the two.. pointless debate.
He can't lace? It's certainly the other way around when it comes to United, so yes, stop this pointless debate and don't dirt Solskjær's name as a legend player for United.

dev1l

You can’t blame the board, or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, for the frightening lack of intelligence on an internet forum, I’m afraid.
Over here you do not really know who the poster really is. :)
On Twitter it s easier...you have added info indicating the obvious limitations of certain individuals.:)

Kag

Questioning the legacy of the man who scored the winner in ‘99.

Incredible. Other forums would bin off idiots for such views.

dev1l

The amount of revisionism going on here is astonishing. I just hope that people commenting witnessed both eras before opening their big mouths

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Not throwing the players under the bus? The whole club needs throwing under the bus. The club is detached from reality.

If we're performing consistently well, then we have a blip, by all means protect them, but the amount of matches we're losing with horrible performances, there's nothing to be happy about at all. We've been dreadful for months.

Lingard contributed nothing to the team last year. He should be ashamed of himself, yet he's hi-five'ing him after another cowards display. How can he be treating them differently behind the scenes when Lingard starts match after match? All Ole's doing is giving the impression that a loser's mentality is accepted at the club.

His constant focus on the future, lowering standards, almost ignoring the shambles going on right now makes him look clueless. It all adds up.

No wonder we're not attractive to Haaland. I can't blame him for not coming based on what we're seeing from the club.

Last edited:

dev1l

Questioning the legacy of the man who scored the winner in ‘99.

Incredible. Other forums would bin off idiots for such views.
I think this forum is attracting more than it's fair share of Twitter scum

Ban

Origi.. :lol:

Oh and RVP was bigger for United.

It's only fitting some of the worst posters around would have that opinion.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You’re deluded if you think that would trump every other consideration, especially for a 19 year old. Especially considering it’s not set in stone that Ole will even be here next season.
well it probably would, if of course the manager in question has charisma and influence

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Oh shut up you clown. Ole was a great fecking player. He was vital to our success. Hilarious how so many are coming out to the woodwork to malign Ole's career as a player. It doesn't matter how poor a coach he is (and I think he is quite possibly the worst one in the division) it has no bearing on his status as a player.

We should be so lucky to have even one player half as committed to our team right now.

(And Van Persie went a dozen games without scoring where Hernandez and Rooney scored vital goals)
Disgusting personal abuse.

Do you have a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from your own?

Presumably you also advocate Yorke, Cole and Sheringham being our manager in the future.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
No need to bash Ole as a player and tarnish his legend status, he's already doing that to himself as a manager for Manchester United.

Ban

Disgusting personal abuse.

Do you have a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from your own?

Presumably you also advocate Yorke, Cole and Sheringham being our manager in the future.
You have trouble separating his manager career and player one. Comparing him to Origi is clownish posting indeed. Nobody said Teddy or Cole should be managing but you're belittling his playing career if the goal vs Bayern was the only notable thing he did.

prateik

Are people still going to deny that he has a terrible squad to work with?

Injuries have hit us all season.. It was martial, Shaw, Matic and Lingard early on.. Now its McT.. martial is out again. Pogba might as well have left. Is dalot even at the club anymore? Axel is constantly injured.

The backups are so so bad ...

The squad was gutted because it was bloated with overpaid rubbish players... he was supposed to oversee the rebuild.. we havent got the players to rebuild and people want him out.

Give him a squad to work with. Give him 2 months.. if its still shit.. great. Move on.

Complaining because he cant work miracles with this shower of shit is insane.

mu4c_20le

You are trying too hard now

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Criticizing a manager for a screenshot of him smiling after a loss? Embarrassing.
It's not 'a loss'. Don't dumb it down. It's the casual nature with which we readily accept losing matches. It's disturbing. I've been thinking the same things long before RvP made those comments.

There's nothing about us that screams 'winners' at all.

It's embarrassing to be concerned about that?

Sanchez7

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, I wouldnt be surprised if his job is under immense pressure in a month or so. Mind you it looked the same before the city and spurs game and Ole came out on top. Injuries in midfield are really hampering us.

RUCK4444

Injuries have hit us all season.. It was martial, Shaw, Matic and Lingard early on.. Now its McT.. martial is out again. Pogba might as well have left. Is dalot even at the club anymore? Axel is constantly injured.

The squad was gutted because it was bloated with overpaid rubbish players... he was supposed to oversee the rebuild.. we havent got the players to rebuild and people want him out.

Give him a squad to work with. Give him 2 months.. if its still shit.. great. Move on.

Your preaching to the converted my friend.

Sadly the masses lust for a new manager, they don’t even know which manager, anybody will do and it will in their eyes be so much better. So naive it’s untrue.

Any manager in world football would struggle with this side. That’s why I wrote this season off before it started and instead focussed my attention to other areas rather than purely league position.

spiriticon

This thread has gone to shit. Criticising Ole for not winning as a manager is one thing, but to say that RvP is the bigger player is so full of shit it's making my head spin.

Anyway, if RvP can dish out the dirt, he can take it on the chin no problems I'm sure. They are both big boys.

Kag

The current squad is the worst it’s been in my lifetime. Worse than any manager has had to contend with since the retirement of Ferguson. The midfield options, in particular, are abominable.

A situation largely created due to the huge amounts of money wasted by both Van Gaal and (predominantly) Mourinho. Come the summer, we’re probably going to need FOUR midfielders, provided Matic and Pogba leave. An amazing situation, really.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's when we lose and he starts peering into the stands and waving, it's like he's won a nice day out and can't believe his luck, it's fecking embarrassing.

prateik

The current squad is the worst it’s been in my lifetime. Worse than any manager has had to contend with since the retirement of Ferguson. The midfield options, in particular, are abominable.

A situation largely created due to the huge amounts of money wasted by both Van Gaal and (predominantly) Mourinho. Come the summer, we’re probably going to need FOUR midfielders, provided Matic and Pogba leave. An amazing situation, really.
We let Fellaini and Ander go since Ole took over.. he clearly wanted midfielders..

Woody didnt get anyone in the summer. He didn't have anyone lined up for 1st Jan..

And people are wondering why we are struggling.

Watching this space..

Status
Not open for further replies.