Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The current squad is the worst it’s been in my lifetime. Worse than any manager has had to contend with since the retirement of Ferguson. The midfield options, in particular, are abominable.

A situation largely created due to the huge amounts of money wasted by both Van Gaal and (predominantly) Mourinho. Come the summer, we’re probably going to need FOUR midfielders, provided Matic and Pogba leave. An amazing situation, really.
Agreed. Ole deserves money ASAP. He’s lost Sanchez, Fellaini, Herrera and lukaku. While they weren’t world class for us 3/4 of them were effective. We need those bodies ASAP! If Woodward doesn’t give him the cash he’s a dead man walking

mu4c_20le

This thread has gone to shit. Criticising Ole for not winning as a manager is one thing, but to say that RvP is the bigger player is so full of shit it's making my head spin.

Anyway, if RvP can dish out the dirt, he can take it on the chin no problems I'm sure. They are both big boys.
Have a feeling @Feed Me might actually be trying to do a Marc Antony :D

Eriku

He is right though. I understand you as a noggie dont think that. But me and all i know think the same.
I used to think Norway overhyped Ole, but I’ve never felt the kind of love towards Ole that I did when going to Manchester. Not a lot of fans who lived through his career would consider Feed Me’s response to be anything but ridiculous. It’s not due to me being a Noggie.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Game is soon, do you have your yellow and black on already?
No, but sadly my in-laws do.

This will be a nightmare with a bunch of yam yams for family.

I’m used to Ole being bested by Nuno though and expect the worst.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's when we lose and he starts peering into the stands and waving, it's like he's won a nice day out and can't believe his luck, it's fecking embarrassing.
This. You can smile on press conferences and before the match but don't do it minutes after we lost ffs. I know that after my 5 a side football those who just lost are always pissed. Sure after shower and 15 minutes later we are all laughing and drinking beer but after the game losers don't have smile on their faces.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Ole's a shit manager but there's no reason to play down his achievements for us as a player.

Eriku

well it probably would, if of course the manager in question has charisma and influence
United are anything but a certain thing these days, and if Ole isn’t necessarily here after this season, how could Haaland’s draw towards him seal the deal?

Come on, man... Haaland made a good choice, as did we if there indeed was a release clause on the table. He’s got plenty of factors to consider that are obviously more important with regards to his development. He’ll be under a quality coach, playing ECL in front of 80,000 fans at home.

Mainoldo

He can't lace? It's certainly the other way around when it comes to United, so yes, stop this pointless debate and don't dirt Solskjær's name as a legend player for United.
Don’t be silly and the fact you gave me career stats was pathetic. RVP’s one season was far greater than Ole’s United career.

Caliban

It's not a purse it's a murse get it right, and fashion is not my forte , perhaps if it was a diet thing he should consider adding better macros to his diet? but even then that wont help him perhaps he needs to start spending more time in Norway?

I am sure Molde would be happy to take him back? That might just be the answer to reinvigorate him, he can also take Lingard with him.
I had to google what a murse was, i had no idea, and you know the saying `if it does the job of a purse, and even look like one - hey, it`s a purse` . Molde might or might not want to have him back, it is hardly a relevant issue as Ole is under contract with Manchester United. The pressure of power to make that desired move for some (usually the most verbal ones online) does not lie on redcaf fans or youtubers talking in an echo chamber to other haters online. Your rant is an opinion to be had, i just wondered what a man`s aging process (henche Ole`s grey hairs) had to do with all of this. But hey, i probably don`t see the connection.

Lingard would have to high demands for Mold as the saying is abroad. But hey, fans should keep on bully him out of the club, as an up yours to the academy of Man Utd (or better, do it with style and respect) .. it`s easy to strive for blood when it`s not your neck that`s on the line

Have a nice day. Onto match !

hobbers

If we don't sign more midfielders in the next couple of weeks it's got to be an absolutely sure sign Ole will be sacked in the summer. Why on earth would you not reinforce this group, with literally anything, if you had faith in the manager?

Still in 3 cups and not a huge way off the top four, but having to field Chong Mata and Matic.... I mean feck sake.

If you have faith in Ole right now you'd be bringing in stop-gaps on 1 year contracts. Or you'd be breaking the bank for a more long term target.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
United are anything but a certain thing these days, and if Ole isn’t necessarily here after this season, how could Haaland’s draw towards him seal the deal?

Come on, man... Haaland made a good choice, as did we if there indeed was a release clause on the table. He’s got plenty of factors to consider that are obviously more important with regards to his development. He’ll be under a quality coach, playing ECL in front of 80,000 fans at home.
I do believe he made a great choice. Dortmund have a better side with a board of directors who understands football and a real manager managing them. There again, if a manager can't sell his project to a former player of his whose father was also the manager's teammate then there's something wrong going on

90 + 5min

Don’t be silly and the fact you gave me career stats was pathetic. RVP’s one season was far greater than Ole’s United career.
The state of this place is amazing.

Solskjaer played 11 years in ManUtd with 235 games for the team (often as sub) and scored 91 goals. Winning 12 titles for club and being involved in lot of important goals.
van Persie played 3 seasons, 86 games, 48 goals. Winning 2 titles.

There is so much dislike for our manager from you and some vocal boys and girls in here. Stop hating so much. It is getting wierd and with no logic behind this hate.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It really wasn't.

RVP carried us to that league win, granted. But Ole contributed time and again with important goals that helped us on our may to many trophies.

Ole never had a United season greater than RVP's first. But if we're looking at careers at United that Ole's far superior.

Fosu-Mens

There is so much dislike for our manager from you and some vocal boys and girls in here. Stop hating so much. It is getting wierd and with no logic behind this hate.
What I have not seen is any indications or evidence (except Ex.pts earlier in the season) regarding how this supposed rebuild is going in the right direction. The logic or evidence or reasoning as for why this rebuild is most likely not going to work on the other hand is plentiful.

1. In a footballing world where most of the best performing teams base their style of play on being technically superb, we, on the other hand, are going in the opposite direction with mostly one-dimensional players that are not good at passing or unable to perform without space.
2. In a footballing world where most of the best performing teams base their style of play on being able to dominate possession against most weaker team, we are playing like the weaker teams.
3. We play with fullbacks that are useless in the attack, compared to all other teams that have at least on fullback that is either good in attack or can operate as a passer.
4. We had a team full of players best suited to play in a counter-attacking setup, and added even more of these type of players. Not particularly smart when the amount of counter attacking situations in each match, on average, has gone down over the last 10 years.

And many other indications that the people involved with football decisions at the club thinks that football has not evolved in the last 15-20 years.

thejtrain

Not every opinion is rooted in hate, mate.

Ole is an awful manager and has no business as a manager here IMO, but I respect his achievements as a player. That said, I would gladly take RvP over Ole any day of the week even when RvP's star was fading, and I would have said the same even if Ole never managed us.

Ole was probably the more influential player for us, but that's mostly only because he spent significantly more time at United than RvP. As for who the better player is, it isn't even a contest, really.

And, needless to say, most fans, Ole in or not, and I would fully agree with RvP's criticism of Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.