Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

He's been dropped several times this season. Ole is no idiot. Give the man som credit. I'm certain Ole wanted better players in pretty much every position. But it'll be pretty hard to sign world class players for every position.
I would think so but after today's lineup... I am not so sure anymore.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
@Leftback99 will offer excuse after excuse but Ole has overseen the complete destruction of a squad that finished second.
Most telling was that Ole got miles better results with Mourinho’s squad.
I’ve argued it for weeks, what Ole oversaw during the Summer was absolutely disgusting, pure popularism nonsense about getting rid of the wrong types and only bringing in the right types.

Ole has been like a bull in a china shop getting rid of Fellaini, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smalling, alienating Matic etc etc

All so we can end up playing fecking Andreas and Lingard most weeks, it’s not naive, it’s just downright gross negligence of the highest order.

Get him the feck out now. We’ve a shit board, we desperately need a decent manager to at least make up for that somewat, a shit board + a shit manager gives you this season my friends.
Call it excuses. The next manager whoever it is will have the same problems and I'll be saying the same things I'm sure of it because I was saying the same under Mourinho, a far better manager than Ole will ever be.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Am i only noticing in how many games he messed up starting formation and lineup? Is Man Utd club whos standards are to have a manager who is doing mistakes like that?

M16Red

That wont wash, you can have crap players and still look organised, we play with no structure. Thats on Ole not the players.
1st goal was a shot from out the box
2nd was Victor poor header then missed the ball on the return
3rd was a counter and Jones got sold a chocolate tea pot

Jones has been poor since he's been at the club, Jesse is ., Victor has been poor for a long time, Pereira isn't good enough

It's like a steak you buy a £2 one, you can put what you like with it. its still a £2 steak.

Short on midfield options , nothing much could be done here. Maybe Matic that's it.
Maybe instead of banging on about true United players only, the man should’ve given more shit about the short term state of the squad.
To end up in a situation where’s he’s often playing Andreas and Lingard together in midfield is absolutely astonishing.
Awful awful manager.

Short on midfield options , nothing much could be done here. Maybe Matic that's it.
Don’t gut the squad and don’t play a midfield combo that got absolutely embarrassed by sheff united and every other side it has faced this season.

I mean come on @ash_86 can we not expect a top manager to learn that that combo is a fecking disaster? Instead he just keeps trying it again & again.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
In PL we have Burnley and Norwich at home. Two wins and more time for Ole. He is lucky lucky bastard with fixture schedule from day one

M16Red

Maybe instead of banging on about true United players only, the man should’ve given more shit about the short term state of the squad.
To end up in a situation where’s he’s often playing Andreas and Lingard together in midfield is absolutely astonishing.
Awful awful manager.
Yes because Andreas and ? Is better,

momo83

Massive Snowflake
watch most the journos on Twitter act like this match didn’t even happen

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Everyone is taking the p*ss out of us. Rival fans, journalists. Club is a laughing stock in England
Journalist love Ole for some reason. Most celebrate victories as “a victory for Solskjær” and are silent when we lose, Lool at Oliver Holt Twitter timeline, didn’t say anything about us for months, after beating City he said something along the lines of “a great win for Solskjær” then he went back to being silent... this the same journo who was calling for LVG head after only 5 games

el3mel

Things have improved in second half a little bit which proves it was him who fecked up the lineup in first half with Lingard and shite.

LJJT

Things have improved in second half a little bit which proves it was him who fecked up the lineup in first half with Lingard and shite.
Agree he’s got the starting line up/formation badly wrong but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I’d take 3-2 here right now. We need to play 3-5-2 in these games the midfield is awful

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
City giving up is a big help. But i do agree, Pereira, Fred and Lingard in midfield against a Guardiola team is kill me now territory. Shows how monumentally clueless he is.

Paul778

I like Ole but if they don't give him money for at least two good players this month there is absolutely no point keeping him on. In fact, he should probably just walk if he can't get them to open their wallets. Liverpool are way ahead of us in terms of their team and they have already invested in January. I don't give a crap about no value in the market. Others are finding it.

They got rid of Lukaku, Herrera and Fellani without any replacements. Even before these, there were gaping holes in the team that needed fixing.

Right now Ole hasn't got a hope of turning this around. I can remember as far back as Robson, Muhren and Wilkins and never in that time have we had such a bad midfield.

Anustart89

Yeah: it does seem that is also an additional problem. We missed out on DeLigt and Haaland, players we’d typically sign in last months, most likely because they dont trust our club with thier future development needs. Same will likely happen with Sancho in the summer.
It's not just 'most likely'. It's definitely because of that, Mino Raiola helped both players and came out in public and said that.

City giving up is a big help. But i do agree, Pereira, Fred and Lingard in midfield against a Guardiola team is kill me now territory. Shows how monumentally clueless he is.
Played the same midfield v Sheff United, changed it when we were 3-0 down. Tried it again vs. Aston Villa at home, equally as disastrous @Majima

Too stupid to learn his own lessons, yet there are posters on here asking "what other options does he have". Anything man, anything, and don't sell half your squad if the best option you can end up with in CM after just 2 injuries is Andreas ffs.

That combo has been so horrifically poor in the games it's played, trying anything but the same disaster again is better.

IrishMcD

You just know he is going to come out after the game and praise the efforts of the second half, mention how these are young boys learning, wants to help them with signings in January if the right players become available, how he is working towards the future and building a good squad blah blah blah. Same crap, different day.

edgecutter

And the improvement will cloud people's opinions and keep him in the job.

We only created one decent shooting chance from which we scored, we are poorly coached.

Anustart89

I’ll never advocate sacking a manager especially not my good pal Ole. He needs time and another 10 transfer windows.
And then when we're still playing slow football with a team that only knows how to counter-attack he'll blame the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.