Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

I swear it's genius, go into a club, sell or see the following move on: Fellaini, Smalling, Sanchez, Darmian, Lukaku, Herrera, alienate Matic.

Then let the fans defend your utter shite record because "what could anyone do with this squad".

The answer, don't have that fecking squad you moron, replace players or keep players. Even more genius was that all of the outgoings were unpopular, do it doesn't matter than Smalling is miles better than Jones, or that Fellaini is miles better than Andreas, many of the Ole-backers are just delighted they are gone. Us being weaker matters not, getting them gone was somehow more important.
It's absolutely ridiculous, can't stand some the opinions of fans. I don't mind us losing because we have a manager who relegated Cardiff in charge, what I can't stand is the fairytale arguments I see on here defending a rancid manager.

Ban

Lingard will be his downfall.

Saying all that, I need to repeat myself but just sacking him without any structural changes or even better changing owners wont improve much.
We're cheap, dilly dalling in transfer market, finding excuses why not to buy players or pay too much or give too fat of contracts to ordinary players.

It's a huge mess.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Gomes of course. Is that even a real question ? Lingard was a calamity vs Arsenal and he still gets rewarded ??
As opposed to Gomes who took all the chances he got? I fail to see how an untested teenager is the solution to beating City on a night like this.

jamesjimmybyrondean

In summary Glazers Woodward and Ole have really brainwashed people into believing that it takes alot of time for one of the top 3 richest and prestigious clubs in the world to change the team

Djemba-Djemba

Are there many of the girl scouts brigade left at this point? Yay look at me I joined a brigade on an internet forum but I fail to see how utterly deluded I am. Ole in yay.
I think we have to acknowledge how big the problems are.

Ole isn't good enough, that is clear and obvious. He's a a bad manager and he should be sacked as soon as possible, I mean he should have gone a while ago to be honest.

But I do think that we have to say that as long as Woodward and the Glazers are around it's almost certain we will be shite. To go into this season without signing a central midfielder or a striker, to go into the season we our squad that disgracefully shit is just unforgivable.

So I agree that Ole has failed, but the squad he's been given is as bad as it's ever been.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As opposed to Gomes who took all the chances he got? I fail to see how an untested teenager is the solution to beating City on a night like this.
It's not just about beating Man City. I fail to see how starting Lingard over anybody is the solution to beating City either.
He is a fecking joke, we all know what kinda performances and he is still trusted by the coach. This is fecking insanity

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Folks thinking all this anger is directed at Ole on back of solely tonights result are mistaken. No one on here thinks we have a better team than City and we should be beating them with current squad. But performances like tonight have been a regular occurrence during his regime, mostly versus poorer sides than ours. We've put insipid displays versus Arsenal, Wolves, Watford in space of fortnight alone. Villa, Sheffield little before that.

Ole's Utd lack any sort of cohesion or chemistry after 12 months, couple of transfer windows and full pre-season. Contrary to what many think, tactics actually do matter at this level. Everything cannot be solved by simply buying players, you need to lay down instructions and coach them to resemble a team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really hope Woodward and the other clowns running the club are proactive for once and start talking to managers for next season now.

It will get worse and worse under Ole, it's over for him even if some fans don't realise it yet.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's not just about beating Man City. I fail to see how starting Lingard over anybody is the solution to beating City.
He is a fecking joke, we all know what kinda performances and he is still trusted by the coach. This is fecking insanity
The squad was threadbare to begin with and now there's an injury crisis with the two first choice midfielders injured. He's going to have to play players out of form when he has three games a week.

You take the hit, dust yourself off and onto the next one.

passing-wind

In summary Glazers Woodward and Ole have really brainwashed people into believing that it takes alot of time for one of the top 3 richest and prestigious clubs in the world to change the team
It definitely seems that way to prey on the feeble minded. If fans would remove their emotive fanaticism of delusion they will see the reality. If Solskjaer was at City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs as a manager I'd want him there forever.

Zen86

It's not just about beating Man City. I fail to see how starting Lingard over anybody is the solution to beating City either.
Yawn. People can cry all they want about Lingard but, as bad as he is, there really isn’t anyone else.

Womp

idiot
Molde is doing better without him, he has miserably failed at every club outside of his gig in Norway and he's failing here. Let's give him more time though. Might as well give Neville a shot when Ole is gone, he's a legend who happens to be a terrible manager too.

Ban

This guy needs to go, and Andreas, Mata, Matic that leaves us with Mctom, Pogba, Fred..
We need yet another rebuild but do you think we'll see it under current owners. Not only that I can see Lingard extending his contract.

Robbie Boy

I think we have to acknowledge how big the problems are.

Ole isn't good enough, that is clear and obvious. He's a a bad manager and he should be sacked as soon as possible, I mean he should have gone a while ago to be honest.

But I do think that we have to say that as long as Woodward and the Glazers are around it's almost certain we will be shite. To go into this season without signing a central midfielder or a striker, to go into the season we our squad that disgracefully shit is just unforgivable.

So I agree that Ole has failed, but the squad he's been given is as bad as it's ever been.
We're fecked from top to bottom, the club is a shambles. I can't believe how far we've fallen, it's genuinely unbelievable how much of a mess we're in. Ole is a big part of that and he simply has to go. I wish Ed and our owners would too but that's a pipe dream, unfortunately. It's the posters that are choosing to absolve Ole of any blame and blame literally everyone else that I find so tedious and high and mighty.

kouroux

The squad was threadbare to begin with and now there's an injury crisis with the two first choice midfielders injured. He's going to have to play players out of form when he has three games a week.

You take the hit, dust yourself off and onto the next one.
Onto the next hit indeed. Let's not even brace ourselves.

Giggsyking

Yawn. People can cry all they want about Lingard but, as bad as he is, there really isn’t anyone else.
Dont play with a fecking playmaker or he could have played Periera Fred and Matic. No fecking Lingard.

spiriticon

I don't think Ole particularly wants to play Lingard that often.

Pogba is out forever, Mata hasn't got the legs and Pereira was shit when played consistently.

He just hasn't got very many choices.

Djemba-Djemba

We're fecked from top to bottom, the club is a shambles. I can't believe how far we've fallen, it's genuinely unbelievable how much of a mess we're in. Ole is a big part of that and he simply has to go. I wish Ed and our owners would too but that's a pipe dream, unfortunately. It's the posters that are choosing to absolve Ole of any blame and blame literally everyone else that I find so tedious and high and mighty.
It's so depressing now it even makes me pine for the Moyes days.

Back then I was deluded and thought well it's all Moyes fault, once we sack him we'll go back to normal and start being good again.

Now it feels like the club is in such bad shape, I don't even know what it will take anymore. Like you said, we need Ole, Woodward and the Glazers to all leave and that's just not happening sadly.

We genuinely need a new manager and about 7 or 8 signings. That's how bleak things are.

Ban

I don't think Ole particularly wants to play Lingard that often.

Pogba is out forever, Mata hasn't got the legs and Pereira was shit when played consistently.

He just hasn't got very many choices.
However shit Pereira is at least better than Lingard. Matić should have started too. Starting with Fred, Pereira and Lingard was madness.

kouroux

He’s not clearly better though is he, he’s some kid who hasn’t played much first team football.
He is without a doubt better, look what he did for the goal we scored. It cannot get worse than Jesse Lingard. At the very least, it doesn't hurt to try something different

ash_86

You see that one change can change everything. You get dmc instead no10 who gives more protection for back line.
Yes he should have started with Matic but then Matic has played full game couple of days back so that might be reason. Either way we're severely short. Hopefully add a player

M16Red

We need yet another rebuild but do you think we'll see it under current owners. Not only that I can see Lingard extending his contract.
I can't control that. I can only hope, someone takes them and we can get the RIGHT players. Not some FM legend, real players with drive a to win.

R'hllor

I swear some people dont even watch the game, like feck result in top corner, just try to watch football on the pitch. Rashford cut back early on, no aim at all, straight to defender, City had 3/3 after that, thank God Sterling was shit at most of those on finish.

I cant be bothered with this all Ole in and out shit but when i see both sides spinning some utter drivel and make shit up, it makes my blood boil, its like dealing with political parties. For example:

How can you stand there and spin our results vs top 6 and when confronted with questions like how many of those were at home, dead silence. Another thing, people are not able to separate Ole the player and manager.

Why cant you be Ole out without throwing some weird ass personal insults at the guy and why cant you be Ole in without some propaganda bullshit, i though we left that shit behind us with JM and his cult.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He is not happy with what, he should go now to presser and resign in front of the journos and say " I am not qualified to manage a club of this magnitude".
No, he should not say or do that.

But he does need to be sacked (as painful as that is to say aloud) and that's on the upper management to make the call.

spiriticon

However shit Pereira is at least better than Lingard. Matić should have started too. Starting with Fred, Pereira and Lingard was madness.
Matic has started the last 4-5 games in a row over the last 2 weeks and this is the right game to give him a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.