Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

It's so depressing now it even makes me pine for the Moyes days.

Back then I was deluded and thought well it's all Moyes fault, once we sack him we'll go back to normal and start being good again.

Now it feels like the club is in such bad shape, I don't even know what it will take anymore. Like you said, we need Ole, Woodward and the Glazers to all leave and that's just not happening sadly.

We genuinely need a new manager and about 7 or 8 signings. That's how bleak things are.
I know the feeling. I thought LvG was going to do well here and when he failed I was full sure Mourinho would bring back the glory days.

We are such a mess, it'll take a long time to make things even semi-right. I wish to God somewhere along the line we had of appointed a modern, progressive manager, but hey, the clowns at the top don't seem to want that.

Mainoldo

That is a diabolical midfield to play against city, let’s not pretend otherwise
Who picked it and who keeps picking this bloody number 10 formation. We don’t have a number 10!!!! It’s just beyond stupid.

drdoityourself

There just seems very little attention to detail.

The corner routines are as blunt as Emily.
We laughed at Liverpool for getting a throw-in coach but now we are seeing every Wan Bissaka throw aimed at the penile area of the receiver.
The movement off the ball isn't there. You see teams like Brighton improve massively on that with a new coach after one pre-season.
The team selection seems just lazy. Lingard always scores against Arsenal, so play him....but that isn't how it works, his form is abysmal and he shouldn't be in the match day squad at this point.

Just doesn't seem a whole lot being worked on, and the former (sacked) coaches of Hull City and Cardiff City do not seem to be marching to the beat of top level coaching in 2020.

Foxbatt

Some of you are also missing an important point I think. He could have started this team, (yes I know that Lingard is shite). But when he saw that City were playing without a CF, why didn't he push Lindelof or Jones into the space KDB was operating as any decent manager would do? It is as clear as daylight what was happening but he could not see that. Even a blind man can see that.
It is time that people accept that he is not a good coach. I remember this scenario when Moyes was the Manager. People supporting him blindly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Gomes came in and he played a part in the goal. Specially what Lingard was supposed to be good at, pressing the opponent.
Gomes is a baby but at least he can surprise us. Lingard is the most consistently poor player of the squad. Ole is fecking crazy I think
do you know the way everyone says Gomes mustn’t be showing Ole enough in training to get into the team? Is lingard running around at training absolutely bossing it and then just hiding in matches? I seriously doubt it. On those grounds alone oles job should be under scrutiny. He keeps making selection and tactical errors and it looks like we are not being coached well apart from on the counter. His signings have been ok. Not cheap but doing ok. I’m happy to give any signing a season to settle in. Look at Fred. Gomes should have been getting minutes when we were struggling to break teams down from the start of the season. He can do the unexpected at least. We’ve seen mata Jones lingard and now I’m going to add shaw to that list too for years and their best isn’t good enough to win anything. Ole isnt getting the best out of the players he has but the squad is still a total mess.

I think if we could get the Dortmund/Monaco/Red Bull type thing going here with our budget being able to hold onto players and pay really top wages... we could sign pretty close to the very top echelon of young players out there and guarantee first team football, a stable team and the ability to match any club in the world for wages if they fulfil their potential here. I think that’s the approach that’s needed. There’s nothing wrong with going for good British players as a core but there has to be more to the plan than that in the medium term? We have a great scouting network supposedly? Who are the best kids in and around first teams around the world. Sign them up and give them games and build a squad that way. Not all players will work out but this club needs an injection of class and guile wherever it comes from.

Pav1878

All the Ole haters on here would need to catch themselves on a bit. This current United squad is the worst since the 1970's and by far our worst since the Premier League began. There's not a single player in our current squad that would make the starting 11 in our 93/94, 98/99 or 07/08 teams and 99% would't even make the bench. None of this is Ole's fault. This is the fault of The Glazers first and foremost, followed closely by Woodward then our previous 3 managers. If we don't bring in any players this window, that will mean Ole has been supported with the grand total of 3 signings in 3 windows with a whopping £70m net spend. Absolute criminal and virtually setting the manager up to fail.
We're currently 5th in the league and still in the fight for top 4, league cup semi finalist's and in the last 32 of the Europa. Now, I want the the hater's to take a long hard look at our current squad and tell me what other managers would be doing a better job in Ole's situation. Not many I can tell you.
I honestly believe most of the hater's on here are millennials who are too young to have watched our great side's under Fergie, They don't seem to realize how good Fergie and those players were as they appear to expect similar results from this current crop of players. Open your eyes for God's sake, the current squad is absolute Piss and unless significant investment is made it's going to be 25 years without a league title again.
Somebody in another thread said tonight's result highlights the difference in class between Guardiola and Solskjaer. Wrong, Tonight's result highlights the difference between a £200m starting 11 and a £400m one.

GLAZERS OUT!!!
I don't disagree with what you say except who was it that showed Lukaku the door? If the squad wasn't good enough or there wasn't enough being spent why didn't ole tell the board to pay Herrera what he wanted to keep him here? Why send smalling on loan and keep Jones?

Why spunk 80mil on Maguire if he knew he only had X amount to spend? Why not keep smalling and spend it elsewhere like a midfielder?

It's not all oles fault but a lot of it is.

They all need sacking, ole, the board and ed.

This is a multifactorial problem.

Unfortunately there isn't a proven world class manager available right now.

ash_86

Don’t gut the squad and don’t play a midfield combo that got absolutely embarrassed by sheff united and every other side it has faced this season.

I mean come on @ash_86 can we not expect a top manager to learn that that combo is a fecking disaster? Instead he just keeps trying it again & again.
I'm not fussed about players that were gutted. More pissed about the replacements we never brought in. Think that midfield is direct result of that mistake. Matic would have been better to start but I don't think that would have changed the result honestly .

Giggsyking

For me he is done, long time a go. But what makes me angry, that there are still people defending him. It is beyond comprehension!

AndyMUFC

He might not be the answer but the structure of the club is the real issue here.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I know the feeling. I thought LvG was going to do well here and when he failed I was full sure Mourinho would bring back the glory days.

We are such a mess, it'll take a long time to make things even semi-right. I wish to God somewhere along the line we had of appointed a modern, progressive manager, but hey, the clowns at the top don't seem to want that.
It really bugs me when I hear, well we've tried 3 other managers and it didn't work so we should just stick with Ole. The answer isn't complicated. As you say the only thing we haven't tried is a modern progressive manager. Times have changed. We haven't. Surely it shouldn't be that hard for the club to understand?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
For me he is done, long time a go. But what makes me angry, that there are still people defending him. It is beyond comprehension!
People were on here defending Moyes and Mourinho at the end, no point in getting angry.

Just hope the board have a plan for once, but not too much hope!

I'm not fussed about players that were gutted. More pissed about the replacements we never brought in. Think that midfield is direct result of that mistake.
That's how everyone should feel. I thought we could upgrade on Lukaku, Fellaini et el.

We haven't upgraded on them though, we've bloody downgraded and that is on Ole.

Giggsyking

People were on here defending Moyes and Mourinho at the end, no point in getting angry.

Just hope the board have a plan for once, but not too much hope!
Why do people think it take years to implement a style of football? even fecking Brendan Rodgers implement his style after few months. Not talking about the elite managers like Klopp or Pep.

Darlington Padgett

I really hope we don't miss out on Pochettino...... We have probably our toughest fixture list in jan/feb and Ole will probably be gone by the end of it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why do people think it take years to implement a style of football? even fecking Brendan Rodgers implement his style after few months. Not talking about the elite managers like Klopp or Pep.
Honestly, I have no answer it. It's not really logical, but their love of Ole as a player has blinded some fans. This is as good as it will get under Ole and his coaching team, even if the fans don't realise the board should by now.

TrustInOle

So maybe he shouldnt have sold like 4 of the better ones then
Because obviously why would you keep 3 players who dont wanna be here and 2 of them (sanchez and lukaku) truly did jack all at the club, and the other left at the end of the contract, where Herrera even said they left his contract far too late, starting before Ole came in, so nout to do with him.

The man is left with a shockingly thin squad, with mediocrity taking up 70% of it and people expect him to perform miracles when even one of the best coaches in the history of the game couldn't do anything worth mentioning at this club. Problems run far deeper than manager and squad level. Have you been to Old Trafford recently? The club as a whole is underdeveloped and fully focused on financial gains for greedy business men who haven't a clue about football.

Jonno

What were the matchgoing reds like?

They'll never chant OLE out or Boo but do you get the idea they have given up on him?
A good chunk of OT, mainly where I was sat, in the corner of the south stand next to the tunnel, with the corner of the Stretford End to my left, the majority booed them off the pitch at half time. An incredible amount of discontent and murmurings throughout the game.

R'hllor

So now there is no better than Lingard, are you fecking...what the hell is this, Twilight Zone!?

Because obviously why would you keep 3 players who dont wanna be here and 2 of them (sanchez and lukaku) truly did jack all at the club
Lukaku was top scorer and helped us to second, even when alienated by Ole he still gave us all that PSG night!

Did "jack all" my arse. He was a valuable player to have around, our squad is clearly in much worse shape than when Ole took over. If you think we're in better shape now that we were with Lukaku, have a look again pal.

The Leader

Even at 3-0 up Pep still giving tactical instruction non-stop , whereby OGS just continue to sit there like he is one of the fans.

God save us.

BR7

Ole was never the right man for the job permanently and to b honest if he really loved the club like some of our former players claim, he wouldn’t have taken the job. Ive supported United since 1983, and for me SAF just about had a good enough CV for the job when he arrived from Aberdeen and he won trophies there including the cup winners cup with a huge win over Real if I’m not mistaken.

Moyes never won anything as a player or manager and Ole has not done enough in his managerial career to merit the United job. He’s now demonstrating that with his,defence alone who are the most lethargic defence Ive ever seen when attempting to maintain a straight line but rather resemble a checker board mid game. We can’t keep clean sheets ole.... against anyone from bottom of the table Watford to tonight.

Ole, ya gots ta go son

Reddevildans

Why for Christ’s sake? Even Norwich City would have gotten rid by now, he’s a terrible terrible manager at any level. Keeping him here any longer then tomorrow is idiotic.
What are the options? There maybe many better than ole but sacking him now wont change the state or quality of the squad for the new manager. Just can't see it. We have to be realistic. I'll be surprised if we purchase any big player this month. We need to bring in some real quality and experience in the summer both manager and player wise. I don't think our best first 11 or 12 are that bad on paper. The problem is the depth and not replacing the likes of hererra and lukaku. Our injury record over the past 6-7 seasons is abysmal. The best teams hardly get injuries. We have players made from paper. Btw I'm ole out.

AndyMUFC

it’s maddening. you still see dickhead posts like “he might not be the answer but it’s not all his fault. changing managers now wouldn’t change a thing”

:houllier:
Probably wouldn't change a lot to be fair. Nobody's getting this current squad to do much better than 5th without making signings.

Hawks2008

Reminder that this clown thinks only Sean fecking Longstaff can improve our midfield options :houllier:

Foxbatt

We need to get a new good manager in now. At least we have to look for one now. Even Poch is better than Ole. At least he gets his team to play in a certain way. Only an idiot would try to play the way we play now. What do you do when you cannot pass from the back? You have to go long and what do you do when there is no one in the team who can head the ball when you go long? Honestly if Ed Woodward has any sense he will sack Ole now but he won't because of the slating he is going to get from ex players like Neville etc.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Probably wouldn't change a lot to be fair. Nobody's getting this current squad to do much better than 5th without making signings.
Exactly. Jose spent vast amounts and we werent even 5th in his.last season when he went.

Ole isn't the right man but nobody is. Woodward and Glazers have ruined.the.club. Poch won't succeed here. Nobody will. Its rotten from top to bottom.

tonnas

The club is in a complete mess, from top to bottom. But for gods sake, we have no ideas and structure on the pitch, Ole is simply cluless and inpet, he need to be sacked ASAP. Who in the right mind would join us instead of any other team and be coaches by a clueless wannabe manager. Get him OUT before he contintued to destroy the club !!

TsuWave

Getting rid of an incompetent manager would go a long way in regards to sorting what’s happening on the pitch. Yes, it’s not all his fault, yes we don’t have a swashbuckling football type of squad but our manager is one of the worst in the league and people thinking that getting rid of him wouldn’t change a thing/much is ridiculous

Utdstar01

It's sad how it's becoming. He's the joke manager of English football right now and fans of other rival clubs are loving it. He needs to walk for the sake of the club and everyone above him needs to feck off as well.

NJM78

It's sad how it's becoming. He's the joke manager of English football right now and fans of other rival clubs are loving it. He needs to walk for the sake of the club and everyone above him needs to feck off as well.
pretty much this.

Status
Not open for further replies.