Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

Good performance today. Have to say though, maybe it’s just me being miserable but I never thought I see such celebration over a home win over bottom of the league Norwich City. I know times have changed, maybe my expectations of the club are too high but it saddens me a little bit.

But I thought we played pretty well.
The third goal maybe but Rashford didn't do much for the first 2 goals.

Flexdegea

Beating a crap team shouldn't be a big achievement. It should a normal day in the office. Not winning is the disaster, so weird logic.

I'm not falling for another false dawn another a crappy team and I doubt many will. Good performance, but nothing really more than that considering the state of the team we're playing.

Its deinitley no achievement.

Was just commenting as eveeyone seems to be pointing out norwich are bottom of the league, and the sort of games we seem to be dropping points too.

The whole turning corner talk is nonsense anyway, we are on a journey here :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Playing kids here and there and not making fuss about signings are the only reasons why he is not sacked by Ed.
Every United fan knew that Rashford is better on the left( or to say it better; we all knew that he is not striker). It was Ole's idea to put him on no9.
So to give him credit because he stopped doing something wrong is too much.
How do you explain the improvement in Fred, Martial, Mctominay, along with youth products Greenwood and Williams adjusting to first-team football so well?

It's not a crime to give Ole the credit he deserves. God knows you fast enough to call him out on his errors.

mu4c_20le

Olé's at the wheel again.

But there will still be people complaining about no progress or coaching.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How do you explain the improvement in Fred, Martial, Mctominay, along with youth products Greenwood and Williams adjusting to first-team football so well?

It's not a crime to give Ole the credit he deserves. God knows you fast enough to call him out on his errors.

The fact that people were slating him for taking Rashford off just because he was on a hattrick when we were already 3-0 up and have games against Wolves, City and Liverpool coming up and a paper thin squad tells you all you need to know really. It doesn't really matter what Ole does, their minds are already made up and will use anything to vent. Which of course, is their prerogative.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

He improved some players, no question about it.

Paul_Scholes18

The fact that people were slating him for taking Rashford off just because he was on a hattrick when we were already 3-0 up and have games against Wolves, City and Liverpool coming up and a paper thin squad tells you all you need to know really. It doesn't really matter what Ole does, their minds are already made up and will use anything to vent. Which of course, is their prerogative.
Taking Rashford off was a great move. I would have maybe taken Fred off too though, but the subs made sense.

Can't complain about the team at all since everything worked for the day. Still think playing Maguire was a stupid risk, but if he can play the next ones then it cost us nothing.

LJJT

Oles at the wheel. Great win today. It’s only Norwich I know but we and he needed a good win today. Great press conference yesterday as well. We and he are far from perfect but genuinely I think we are improving and in a better position than we where with previous managers. Hope Bruno rumours are true and he hits the ground running we are not a million miles away from where we need to be

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Now I understand why is there so many meltdowns in here after we lose a game, you guys are praising highly a win against the last team in the table with half a squad injured. The bar is quite quite low nowadays around here.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That's because half of them would be gone if another manger came in. They won't get the amount of chance Ole has given them. He's even protecting them even though they play like cnuts at times.
In all honesty this is a joke. Just because you see stuff in public doesn't mean it's the same behind closed doors. A lot of people slated Mou for doing it in public and for it to be done in the dressing room. Yet Ole does it in private (Seemingly) and you don't like it either. There's no winning with United so called "fans" these days. It's getting beyond a joke.

"Ole is protecting the players"

According to The Sun, he branded his players a ‘joke’ and an ’embarrassment’, accusing them of ‘playing for themselves’.

It is understood Solskjaer is frustrated with his players failing to do the simple things and implement his instructions from training.

https://talksport.com/football/5972...r-manchester-united-furious-rant-southampton/

The Norwegian has a reputation for being upbeat and friendly due to his smiley outward persona, but Young insists you don’t want to get on the wrong side of the Red Devils boss.

https://talksport.com/football/6396...olskjaer-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson/

::sonny::

Don’t rate him by he has some credits:

- Give the opportunity as a permanent regular starter to Rashford, Martial

- Offered chances to Greenwood and Williams

- Signing of Maguire, AWB and James

Reaching a 5th or 6th place is the best you can do with this team probably

More than 5th would be an over achievement

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I feel bad for Ole because it's clear certain "fans" have a vendetta against him. If he were a ham-fisted manager with a permanent scowl on his face with a household name, the narrative would be completely different with the same results. With a razor-thin squad and Pogba out most of the season, United are still 5th yet fans are more upset than when Jose was in charge. Mental.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I feel bad for Ole because it's clear certain "fans" have a vendetta against him. If he were a ham-fisted manager with a permanent scowl on his face with a household name, the narrative would be completely different with the same results. With a razor-thin squad and Pogba out most of the season, United are still 5th yet fans are more upset than when Jose was in charge. Mental.
This is what people are overlooking (or choosing to ignore). When you look at the Spurs and Arsenal squads, they should be doing better than United but yet here we are sitting above them in the league. It's only the consistency that is letting us down at the moment but we are playing better than under previous managers. Everybody knows that we need players but it's great that a lot of the deadwood is being cleared out, paving the way for a new team over the next 12 months, regardless of who is in charge.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Or if we were, you know, competent maybe more people would believe in him.

RUCK4444

This is what people are overlooking (or choosing to ignore). When you look at the Spurs and Arsenal squads, they should be doing better than United but yet here we are sitting above them in the league. It's only the consistency that is letting us down at the moment but we are playing better than under previous managers. Everybody knows that we need players but it's great that a lot of the deadwood is being cleared out, paving the way for a new team over the next 12 months, regardless of who is in charge.
This is what I’ve been saying and getting hammered for now for months.

There’s no doubt in my mind that this team is playing better football under Ole than we saw under the last three managers.

What we are missing is consistency and players. Get the players and the consistency will follow.

It’s like people are blinded by oppo fans taking the piss and get themselves worked up and desperate to remove him. Almost like they are embarrassed by him.

I guarantee you a lot of the same fans would be complimentary if Mourinho was in charge of an identical season playing youth as effectively as it gets, mostly good results against the top teams with the injuries on top.

If Mourinho had been dropped into this season he would have caused chaos by now, claiming they didn’t spend enough in the summer (we didn’t), he would blaming injuries, and he would be petrified of playing as much youth as we have.
Also there is NO way he would have introduced this amount of youth as effectively, one mistake and they would be benched.

I get we have had big lows as well, I’m willing to suck it up and add quality and experience before sacking him.

el3mel

The only games with good attacking football I have seen this season are Norwich home and away, Brighton and Newcastle. That's 4 games out of 22. The rest have been terrible football even while winning.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah consistency is letting us down. We are consistent in playing bad and losing games. Lets look just 2020. Lost against Arsenal with awful display. Drew against Wolves without shot on target. Destroyed by City.
Today we beat a 20th PL team which gave up from fighting to avoid relegation.

And no, we are not playing better than under other managers. We are playing much much worse.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I get we have had big lows as well, I’m willing to suck it up and add quality and experience before sacking him.
100%. Perhaps if we had been on a run like Arsenal under Emery, things would have been different. I want to see want we can do with Ole with a fully equipped squad before calling for his head. People are losing their shit because of where Liverpool are at but as painful as it is, we have to forget about them and just focus on getting ourselves back in shape. Signing Fernandes will be a huge step in that direction and if Pogba can commit and get fit, then better still.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah consistency is letting us down. We are consistent in playing bad and losing games. Lets look just 2020. Lost against Arsenal with awful display. Drew against Wolves without shot on target. Destroyed by City.
Today we beat a 20th PL team which gave up from fighting to avoid relegation.

And no, we are not playing better than under other managers. We are playing much much worse.
Well you obviously never watched the football under Moyes, LvG and Mourinho unless you're one of these revisionists that have now decided they were actually not that bad?

I know that you post of a lot of anti Ole stuff on here but seriously where would you expect us to finish this season with the squad we have? We're currently sitting in 5th.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well you obviously never watched the football under Moyes, LvG and Mourinho unless you're one of these revisionists that have now decided they were actually not that bad?

I know that you post of a lot of anti Ole stuff on here but seriously where would you expect us to finish this season with the squad we have? We're currently sitting in 5th.
We also won games scoring 4 under those managers. We are not playing better. We are still poor defensively and still struggle to break down a low block. We are good at counter attacking though, however other sides were better at other things.

Zen86

We also won games scoring 4 under those managers. We are not playing better. We are still poor defensively and still struggle to break down a low block. We are good at counter attacking though, however other sides were better at other things.
Indeed, like sideways passing and hoofing it to fellaini.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just as no one should get carried away today no one should base anything on the result against Liverpool either.

No doubt this thread will be active as soon as the first Liverpool goal goes in though.
Absolutely. He should be judge over the entirety of his managerial reign. Which is very very poor.

Good win today though. Nice to see decent performances across the whole team.

mu4c_20le

I would argue that they had better teams. Lets not forget that Ole has been doing his own version of class of 92 by replacing first teamers like Lukaku and Herrera with kids from the academy. If we can overcome those things you listed, we'd easily be contending for top 4, maybe even 3.

Oldyella

Just as no one should get carried away today no one should base anything on the result against Liverpool either.

No doubt this thread will be active as soon as the first Liverpool goal goes in though.
Pretty active tonight after a win too.

The teams form is still acceptable enough since the end of November and we’re still just about in touch with 4th. No point moaning after an enjoyable win and some nice performances from Mata, Rashford, Matic & Williams.

Zen86

Nope. They are still freestyling and that's why no goal by them looks exactly the same. And why they badly need a teacher on the training ground to drill some movements into them and take them to the next level especially Rashford. If you are doing the simple things even better football will be more easy.
Rubbish :lol:

Many of these players have massively improved this season, and you’re essentially complaining that their play isn’t predictable enough. Lazy criticism.

el3mel

Actually the real revisionism is saying we are playing good football under Ole, while the majority of our games have been dross. Today was the exception rather than the role.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Actually the real revisionism is saying we are playing good football under Ole, while the majority of our games have been dross. Today was the exception rather than the role.
That isn't exactly revisionism is it?

ifightdragons

That's almost literally describing what Ole is.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I would argue that they had better teams. Lets not forget that Ole has been doing his own version of class of 92 by replacing first teamers like Lukaku and Herrera with kids from the academy. If we can overcome those things you listed, we'd easily be contending for top 4, maybe even 3.
Yes they had better sides, so the argument that we are playing better is not right, either way.
If we could overcome the things I listed that would make Ole a good manager

RedorDead21

Can’t get his team to be consistent. For now let’s blame personnel but if he doesn’t crack it by the end of the season (if backed this month), few could moan he didn’t have a fair crack at it.

Blatzo

feck you all.

I'm right behind Ole. We're not where we'd like to be but we're trending the right way. This isn't a video game. Let's have some stability.

I'm going to quote this years from now when he turns us around.

el3mel

That isn't exactly revisionism is it?
No it's a myth. Our football has been piss poor this season. We only played good attacking football in number of games that can be counted on one hand. Saying we have been playing good football under Ole is just rewriting recent history.

Status
Not open for further replies.