Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win a cup than the 4th place trophy. He could have rested him lost the game played him today and he could have ripped his hamstring its football injuries happen
You are wasting your time. Everything is somebody's fault. Injuries never happen in football ever

SteveW

Thought Ole did well today. Tactics were good, shut down Liverpool's full backs, created some good chances despite having a vastly inferior 11 on the pitch. The players gave everything they had.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Well this is the issue - we're not allowed to expect anything. This is Manchester fecking United. How is it possible we've fallen this far.
Unless you have amnesia you know why. They are the best club in the world right now (sadly), we went into the lions den and got beaten with out two best players out. Even though they were clearly the better team we did not embarrass ourselves either. Cheer up

JoaquinJoaquin

To be fair to him, I can't really criticise him for today. Tactically he got it 'nearly right'. My negative being the zonal marking on corners has GOT to go. We are so vulnerable from set pieces it's laughable.

The post match comments scared me though, "short term deals". If that is the case than we are screwed. We have to get quality in and can't keep pissing around over a few million (although I think that's down to a budget issue). Get Bruno and lift the club temporarily.

Cantona in disguise

Playing in the CL is far far more important for the club's future.
Absolute tosh. Winning games is far more important. Momentum builds. No guarantee rashford doesnt brake a leg or any other sort of injury two weeks later. Footballers get injured it happens. I'm as disappointed as anyone but having ago at the manager for trying to win games is nothing short of daft. He has a medical team for a reason. He works on their advice.

el3mel

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win a cup than the 4th place trophy. He could have rested him lost the game played him today and he could have ripped his hamstring its football injuries happen
I would have preferred it if Rashford was rested for both games not just the Fa Cup one. The upcoming games are far more important and now we're without him unfortunately.

SirAF

Ageist
Absolute tosh. Winning games is far more important. Momentum builds. No guarantee rashford doesnt brake a leg or any other sort of injury two weeks later. Footballers get injured it happens. I'm as disappointed as anyone but having ago at the manager for trying to win games is nothing short of daft. He has a medical team for a reason. He works on their advice.
I'm not talking about Rashford, I'm just stating that qualifying for the Champions League is more important than winning a domestic cup. The best players want to play in the CL and not to mention the ton of money the club miss out on.

Monkey bus

Ha ha. Can’t believe the idiots on this thread blaming Ole for Rashford getting injured.

Nobody was aware he had a stress fracture or do you think he’d have been played? Does the FA Cup mean that much to Ole that you’d send your best player on injured.

Come on. Seems there’s nothing to knock him for today as the threadbare squad were clearly playing for him, so you have to pick something else.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
To be fair to him, I can't really criticise him for today. Tactically he got it 'nearly right'. My negative being the zonal marking on corners has GOT to go. We are so vulnerable from set pieces it's laughable.

The post match comments scared me though, "short term deals". If that is the case than we are screwed. We have to get quality in and can't keep pissing around over a few million (although I think that's down to a budget issue). Get Bruno and lift the club temporarily.
So is Henrik coming back to fill in for Rashford?

Dan_F

I’m trying to tell myself that things are improving, but the only positives I can find are about getting rid of some of the players that didn’t want to be here and sticking in kids instead. Which isn’t really showing any form of management ability.

I’m not even sure that this squad has a much higher ceiling than where we are in the league, given the players we’ve had out. But I still feel like Ole is making constant bad errors all the time.

L1nk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10750704/man-utd-rashford-injury-wolves/

Solksjaer quote -

After United's 1-0 win over Wolves, the manager said:

"Of course I'm worried. I didn't want to play Marcus. He got a knock to his knee and his back. He has been struggling for a while. That's why we kept him away. But we needed the win. He was involved in the goal but it backfired."

See, he admits himself he shouldn't have played him but panicked for the win and now its 'backfired' as he says.

How can any Ole in supporters defend this?

fergiesarmy1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10750704/man-utd-rashford-injury-wolves/

Solksjaer quote -

After United's 1-0 win over Wolves, the manager said:

"Of course I'm worried. I didn't want to play Marcus. He got a knock to his knee and his back. He has been struggling for a while. That's why we kept him away. But we needed the win. He was involved in the goal but it backfired."

See, he admits himself he shouldn't have played him but panicked for the in and now its "backfired" as he says.

How can any Ole in supporters defend this?
Half of you were moaning when he took him off against Norwich

DomesticTadpole

Ha ha. Can’t believe the idiots on this thread blaming Ole for Rashford getting injured.

Nobody was aware he had a stress fracture or do you think he’d have been played? Does the FA Cup mean that much to Ole that you’d send your best player on injured.

Come on. Seems there’s nothing to knock him for today as the threadbare squad were clearly playing for him, so you have to pick something else.
If he had back discomfort, they bloody well should have found out what the problem was. He has been carrying a machine with him to ease his back.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
*During Wolves Game*

Why’s Ole not changing he’s gotta bring Rashford On! Useless!

*Gets injured

WHY’S HE PLAYING RASHFORD, ALLOWING HIM TO GET INJURED USELESS!
literally no fan would have demanded Rashford come on if they had known he had a fractured back. Only our idiotic manager and the medical team would make such a stupid fecking decision.

Cantona in disguise

I'm not talking about Rashford, I'm just stating that qualifying for the Champions League is more important than winning a domestic cup. The best players want to play in the CL and not to mention the ton of money the club miss out on.
You think playing rashford and him getting injured is
I would have preferred it if Rashford was rested for both games not just the Fa Cup one. The upcoming games are far more important and now we're without him unfortunately.
That's football. Players get injured. There are plenty of things to have a pop at ole as manager about but trying to win cup games is not one of them

Foxbatt

People can see whatever they want to see. All I saw was that our players individually were good enough to go toe to toe with this Liverpool team. With better management and coaching we would have been at least equal to them.

Any fool can see that Ole was happy with a 1-0 loss. The proof is that he did not let Degea come up for the corner. Now DeGea may have caused problems in the other box is not relevant. He may or he may not have but to keep him in goal showed that Ole was happy with a 1-0 loss. For that alone he has to be replaced with someone who is positive and knows what he is doing.
I know the excuses of Rashford is injured and Pogba is injured etc would come out. The fact they were rushed back to playing is completely forgotten.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Smiling after losing at Anfield and losing Rashford for the season. Enough is enough :mad:

Oh do leave it out FFS! It’s getting beyond a joke, he smiled, woopie do!

Behind closed doors though....hmmm

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer labels manchester united players a joke after Southampton draw

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....r-southampton-draw_sto7442148/story-amp.shtml

Ashley Young: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is no baby-faced assassin, he commands respect by ‘losing it’ like legendary Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...jaer-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson/amp/

But lets all berate the man for “smiling”

Greck

This is why you need to read before you post. That's exactly what Ole himself said happened and what is being complained of. It's not a hindsight 20/20 scenario

el3mel

That's football. Players get injured. There are plenty of things to have a pop at ole as manager about but trying to win cup games is not one of them
It's football when you play a fully fit player and he got injured, then it's luck, not playing a player you know very well he's holding several knocks and decide to risk him for a cup game. How can this not be on the manager I don't get, the guy himself said he knew he was holding knocks as I showed. Is there no other way to win a cup game at Old Trafford except playing an injured player ?

Chairman Steve

If the fans knew Rashford had a stress fracture in his back in midweek, I’m pretty sure 95% of the fans would have said “Feck no. Not worth it” and hoped that we could get to that February break period without serious damage being done.

Ludens the Red

Not a great month so far, comprehensive defeats to Arsenal, city and Liverpool ( individually not the end of the world but tough to take as one). Injury to our best player caused by poor management of the player.
Still conceding goals from corners, still not appearing to have a style of play. Still not addressed holes in the squad and used this window to strengthen. Still spouting stuff about ‘ the right player’ . Yeah it’s not very good to be honest. Victory over Burnley and Watford in the fourth round is critical at this stage.

DomesticTadpole

Haha if only there was a player of that quality around for us. Fantastic player.
He was at that moment in time. I like you am worried about the short term fixes, does he mean loans or now he has all these players back from injury, he is going to play them out of position to cover for their teammates. I still think he has written this season off and is wanting the likes of Maddison, Grealish, Rice and Sancho in the summer. Leicester will take us to the cleaners like they did for Maguire, Grealish is possible, Rice I am really not sure about and why would Sancho come here.

fergiesarmy1

I think we should have rested him fully for that game. Should have been a win without him.
But everyone would have complained about that, being a team manager means making decisions that aren’t popular. Being a united manager of a shite team means whatever he does he’s fecked.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The guy said himself after Wolves match that he knew Rashford has been struggling with knocks and he decided to risk it even though earlier he didn't want to play him:

So he knows he wasn't ready and decided to risk him to just win a useless cup match. This is by far worse than any loss against Liverpool or tactics or subs or whatever. Specially when it happened previously with Pogba against Rochdale.
It was a risk that backfired (as he said). As the season progresses every single player experiences wear and tear on the body. Of course its easy to say in hindsight that he should not have played but ultimately its the medical staff and the player themselves who have to make the decision if they are fit to join the match day squad. Same with Pogba vs Rochdale

Do you really think Ole knew "Well, Rashford is just a slight knock away from a stress fracture, but i am going to throw him in anyway".

fergiesarmy1

Can't believe a manager would make a team so utterly dependent on one striker.

Let's get Poch in to replace him.
Ah yes cause he’s such a successful manager also. If you want to sack Ole at least have a better option than someone who has done next to nothing in English football, European football or world football come to that.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Can't believe a manager would make a team so utterly dependent on one striker.

Let's get Poch in to replace him.
Oh and Magic Man Poch is gonna make a striker appear out of thin air is he? Or somehow have a magic switch that makes Martial/James goal machines?

The love for Poch on this site is beyond concerning.

He’s like the next messiah without actually doing anything of any real merit.

Would love it for him to come here and fail miserably, half the posters on here wouldn’t know what to do with themselves.

Especially since most of them are used to us winning and winning trophies, they’re not used to losing and having bad patches and having to stick through a club in bad times.

Imagine the supporting a League 1 or League 2 side. Don’t think they’d last half a season!

Reactions: Sultan

patty123

Get Poch when there is a chance!!!

Ban me or do whatever you or the mods want. I don’t care. I simply don’t care any longer. 45 years as a United supporter, it has never been worse. Eat that.
Do you think you are the only person on this site alive back in the day ? As read some bullshit but that bolden bit, forget 88/89 89/90 when under Fergie we finished 11th having only won 13 matches, following season having only won 13 finished 13th and the cries went out, ta ra fergie, thanks for nothing now feck off back to Scotland you useless **** (* = derogatory word use to describe scots)

Yeah lets get Pouch the guy who left his team in Spain rock bottom, 9 points off safety before he walked out, couldn't beat the mighty foxes in a two horse race for the league, unable to get anything from Ali past year, plays an unfit keane in the biggest game of their season at the expense of the player who got them there.

bucky

I don’t care any longer and your post just epitomizes why this clown is still in charge. Look at overall picture, how about some consequence analysis before you start the season.

Pereira! Nothing more needs to be said. Shouldn’t been anywhere near a United squad. How about that.
Matic. Our only natural dm and the clown has 4231 as his preferred formation.
Pogba. His injuries. The circus around him. Why not sell and buy two replacements.

James. Championship level and never ever good enough to be a starter in a team who aspire to win something.
Rashford. Playing him into the ground.
McTominay. Playing him into the ground.

Selling Lukaku without replacement. How about that.
Sanchez. No replacement.
Herrera. No replacement.
Fellaini. No replacement.

Smalling out and 80 mill who can’t even defend a corner.

Paring Maguire with a slow and weak fraud. How about that.
Our corners. The way we defend. Our build ups. Our passings. Do I need to continue... ever heard about coaching your players?

How about starting a season with only one tactical approach. Counter attack. Press and running around.
How about having almost zero tactical awareness how to getting the best out of his team.
How about talking like a Yes man, sugar coat his CEO and owners. How about sounding like a loser whenever he opens his mouth. How about that.

How about our transfer business. The Bruno debacle. Dybala. Longstaff. Rice.
You are delusional, if you think any of this is on Ole. He wouldn't be starting Lingard, Pereira or Mata, if Woodward was actually capable of giving him the players that he needs. It's the same for replacements. I'm certain Ole wouldn't have wanted to go into the season without a replacement for Herrera or another attacking midfielder. Just like Mourinho wasn't happy with just Fred. Both simply have different ideas, how to deal with the ineptitude above them. He also wouldn't play Rashford or McTominay into the ground, if he had more players. I'm with you on Maguire though, I thought we massively overpaid then and I still think so.

el3mel

It was a risk that backfired (as he said). As the season progresses every single player experiences wear and tear on the body. Of course its easy to say in hindsight that he should not have played but ultimately its the medical staff and the player themselves who have to make the decision if they are fit to join the match day squad. Same with Pogba vs Rochdale

Do you really think Ole knew "Well, Rashford is just a slight knock away from a stress fracture, but i am going to throw him in anyway".
He clearly knew he wasn't full ready to play but decided to gamble it and threw him in hoping for the best of luck. Of course, if you're gambling on a not fully fit player, any injury getting aggravated won't be that surprise. Nothing a hindsight in this. You can't risk playing players with knocks all the time and hoping your luck will be good every time. A player not fully fit and holding several knocks to his back should never play regardless of the result of the match. He should have been rested for this match and today's match too.

iKnowNothing

Ah yes cause he’s such a successful manager also. If you want to sack Ole at least have a better option than someone who has done next to nothing in English football, European football or world football come to that.
This. Ole is doing a bad job and board and owners are not helping but we can't go from Ole to Poch to the next flavor of the month manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.