Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Ferguson

*During Wolves Game*

Why’s Ole not changing he’s gotta bring Rashford On! Useless!

*Gets injured

WHY’S HE PLAYING RASHFORD, ALLOWING HIM TO GET INJURED USELESS!
Yup, Ole is only blame if he dismissed the doctor's recommendation not to play Rashford. To me the injury seems quite similar to the one Neymar suffered in the world cup in Brasil against Colombia.

te_ale

I don't care about the liverpool loss tonite. I am really starting to believe in Ole's project. Players are improving, our identity on the pitch is slowly coming back and we playing well despite missing key players. I think Ole's future additions to this squad are going to improve use massively. IN OLE I TRUST.

Kostur

海尔的老板
By the way, 'rebuild' and 'long term thinking' are the new LVG's 'philosophy'. Wonder how much time it will take people to wake the feck up from agreeing with this absolute fecking bullshit.

RUCK4444

:lol: :lol:The only parody here is our selfish manager.
Rushed back our best players and forced then to play through injury to save himself because he knows he can't coach shit without them. Selfish man, I won't miss any opportunity to laugh at him.
Funny that, Liverpool’s front three play every game lad.

Also I didn’t know that ‘carrying a knock’ guarantees that in the next game you will have bone in your spine broken!?

That is some fascinating medical breakthrough right there.

When you have a threadbare squad with the massive pressure of United on your shoulders you tend to, ya know, play your best feckin players mate.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
No result was expected today, and actually don't care about discussing such match into further details tbh. Only was surprised some in the matchday thread were considering this a decent showing and a good performance that we didn't deserve to lose with. Anyway, as I said, he deserves to be criticized for Rashford's problem more than today's result.
Well, your comment was about the performance and while it was certainly not good it was not utterly terrible either. How is Rashford injury relevant? Sure he makes the calls about who plays and not, but its the medical staff and the player himself who has to decide if they are fit enough to play

meamth

So you think Ole doesn't communicate with our medical team?
I think he did. Duhh, genius.

That's why he is on the bench.

You seriously think, before Rashford goes to physio or medical staff, he met with Ole and they both did a secret MRI scan together?

"Oh Rashy, i think your back is fine (knowing he got a fracture, but kept it a secret because he is a selfish cnut)"

"Ok boss, can i do the test with the medical staff now?"

"No Rashy, I think we're good, you can play 30 minutes tomorrow."

"Thanks boss."

Genius!!

Insulting another member
I think he did. Duhh, genius.

That's why he is on the bench.

You seriously think, before Rashford goes to physio or medical staff, he met with Ole and they both did a secret MRI scan together?

"Oh Rashy, i think your back is fine (knowing he got a fracture, but kept it a secret because he is a selfish cnut)"

"Ok boss, can i do the test with the medical staff now?"

"No Rashy, I think we're good, you can play 30 minutes tomorrow."

"Thanks boss."

Genius!!
Stop acting like a prick

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Keane passionately defending Ole... never seen a manager as incompetent as Ole getting as many excuses in his favour.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yup, Ole is only blame if he dismissed the doctor's recommendation not to play Rashford. To me the injury seems quite similar to the one Neymar suffered in the world cup in Brasil against Colombia.
Did you see Rashford before he went out with his injury? It was pretty obvious he was compromised, holding his back for weeks, not to mention what OGS would see in training. I'm sure speaking to the player, Rashford told him he was fine but it's pretty obvious that wasn't true.

I give credit to OGS for today's game, I think United did well given the circumstances, but this Rashford injury is going to be his biggest black mark in his career here, at least thus far.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There’s always an excuse when we lose, and always a turned corner or vital progression when we win. Nothing is actually changing though.

el3mel

Well, your comment was about the performance and while it was certainly not good it was not utterly terrible either. How is Rashford injury relevant? Sure he makes the calls about who plays and not, but its the medical staff and the player himself who has to decide if they are fit enough to play
The guy said himself after Wolves match that he knew Rashford has been struggling with knocks and he decided to risk it even though earlier he didn't want to play him:

“Yes, that backfired,” the United manager conceded. “You got to take them once in a while. He’ll be tested in the next few days - we have to see for Sunday. He couldn’t run. He has struggled a little bit with his back and got another knock. It didn’t help.

“Of course I am [worried]. I didn’t want to play him but seems like... I think he got a knock from a knee in his back but he’s been struggling for a little while. We kept him away today but we needed the win. He was involved in the goal but it backfired. We will do everything we can to keep him fit.
So he knows he wasn't ready and decided to risk him to just win a useless cup match. This is by far worse than any loss against Liverpool or tactics or subs or whatever. Specially when it happened previously with Pogba against Rochdale.

Cantona in disguise

The guy said himself after Wolves match that he knew Rashford has been struggling with knocks and he decided to risk it even though earlier he didn't want to play him:

So he knows he wasn't ready and decided to risk him to just win a useless cup match. This is by far worse than any loss against Liverpool or tactics or subs or whatever. Specially when it happened previously with Pogba against Rochdale.
Useless cup match? It's the fecking fa cup man!!!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What did you two expect really from today? They have won EVERY game this season bar the one at OT and despite them clearly being the better team we did not embarrass ourselves either. They were scared the last 10 mins and we could have been faced with ironic "Oles" as they passed it around us but we threw the sink at them and they scored their second from a counter in the last minute.

We also were without out two best players.
Well this is the issue - we're not allowed to expect anything. This is Manchester fecking United. How is it possible we've fallen this far.

El Jefe

Putting aside his work on the pitch, his decisions have been awful. The squad depth, contract renewals and selection of injured players is indefensible.

He has to go.

GazTheLegend

Playing injured players is selfish and dangerous

If there’s any doubt you don’t even tempt yourself by putting them on the bench but I can accept the Intense scrutiny you are under

What I can’t accept is short term planning and somehow having no backup plan for the injury to Rashford that involves an 18 year old kid

that is something anyone on this board or with half a brain could see coming and now we are in a real mess with our best striker and our best midfielder out, and we are learning our boss played him through a spinal fracture for fecks sake?

I’m absolutely disgusted at everything to do with Manchester United at this point from top to bottom. From the chairmen not spending the money on replacements, to the medical team accepting the likes of Pogba and Rashford to get played, to Ole for playing them and to our scouting team for not identifying ANYONE that could improve what looks like a very average team

How was the once best club in the planet mismanaged down to a West Ham alike clusterfeck of this magnitude

Alabaster Codify7

I'm not that arsed really, they're 10 x better than us unfortunately so a one-sided loss was always on the cards. This isn't the game for me to judge Ole. However. The Rashford situation has basically completely ended our season on 19th January. We are now going to seriously struggle to score goals - Ole's only plan is long balls for Rashy, that's now out of the window.

The next few months are going to be a depressing slog, I can see us around 10th by March, maybe earlier.

Awful, awful management regarding Rashford's injury. Absolutely terrible. I'm refusing to listen to his post-match comments anymore, he infuriates me with his constant grinning when the team is sliding down the toilet. A lottery winner of a manager.

Next couple of games could get ugly to be honest.

elánius

He is so lucky to be there.

I dont talk about away win at PSG (but I could be), but we are just abysmall. Last season after 23 games we had 44 points. Today we have only 34 = we are TEN POINTS short after more than one year of his management.
Horrbile defence, horrible offence, Pogba injured beacuse he played even though we wasnt ready, Rashford injured, because he played even though he wasnt ready.
Liverpool won more points at home than we won in total this season and only reason we are "fighting" for TOP4 is that other candidates are also very bad. But I dont think that United manager should keep his job only because Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs are also at dier place like we are. In season like this, we should be actually like 10 points clear in top4 and with ManCity´s form we should have been fighting for second place.
Liverpool could have scored like 8 goals tonight. That is unacceptable.

Just sack him today so we can move forward.

Surely it's up to the medical staff to give the manager a red or a green light regarding the players fitness. If Solskjær played Rashford while being told by the medicals not to, that's a sackable offence. Somehow i don't think that's the story. But any excuse to have a go at Solskjær will do.

Un4givableB

I don’t care any longer and your post just epitomizes why this clown is still in charge. Look at overall picture, how about some consequence analysis before you start the season.

Pereira! Nothing more needs to be said. Shouldn’t been anywhere near a United squad. How about that.
Matic. Our only natural dm and the clown has 4231 as his preferred formation.
Pogba. His injuries. The circus around him. Why not sell and buy two replacements.
James. Championship level and never ever good enough to be a starter in a team who aspire to win something.
Rashford. Playing him into the ground.
McTominay. Playing him into the ground.

Selling Lukaku without replacement. How about that.
Sanchez. No replacement.
Herrera. No replacement.
Fellaini. No replacement.
Smalling out and 80 mill who can’t even defend a corner.

Paring Maguire with a slow and weak fraud. How about that.
Our corners. The way we defend. Our build ups. Our passings. Do I need to continue... ever heard about coaching your players?

How about starting a season with only one tactical approach. Counter attack. Press and running around.
How about having almost zero tactical awareness how to getting the best out of his team.
How about talking like a Yes man, sugar coat his CEO and owners. How about sounding like a loser whenever he opens his mouth. How about that.

How about our transfer business. The Bruno debacle. Dybala. Longstaff. Rice.

Losing to Liverpool at AR doesn’t mean anything. I simply don’t care about today’s results. Forget today. This is a year a pure incompetence.

The one thing I know is that this clown (sorry Ole but my blood is boiling) will take us nowhere. Listen! NOWHERE. Any decent manager knows how to sell our deadwood and replacing them with better quality. Even Fred the Fred. can do this. How about that. Get Poch when there is a chance!!!

Ban me or do whatever you or the mods want. I don’t care. I simply don’t care any longer. 45 years as a United supporter, it has never been worse. Eat that.
Don't you get it? That all Woodwards or someone who isn't Ole's fault. Ole only responsible for the wins.

mu4c_20le

Surely it's up to the medical staff to give the manager a red or a green light regarding the players fitness. If Solskjær played Rashford while being told by the medicals not to, that's a sackable offence. Somehow i don't think that's the story. But any excuse to have a go at Solskjær will do.
Nonsense, Ole is the United manager, he should also be responsible for medical diagnosis. I'm pretty sure he also worked on Pogba's ankle a few weeks back.

Cantona in disguise

Yeah imagine thinking ole is daft enough to overrule a medical teams decision.

Xaviboy

Jesus were screwed if we get more injuries. Next 2 games are against teams that like to put the foot in, Burnley and Watford.

Flying_Heckfish

I don’t care any longer and your post just epitomizes why this clown is still in charge. Look at overall picture, how about some consequence analysis before you start the season.

Pereira! Nothing more needs to be said. Shouldn’t been anywhere near a United squad. How about that.
Pogba. His injuries. The circus around him. Why not sell and buy two replacements.
James. Championship level and never ever good enough to be a starter in a team who aspire to win something.

Sanchez. No replacement.
Herrera. No replacement.

Our corners. The way we defend. Our build ups. Our passings. Do I need to continue... ever heard about coaching your players?

How about starting a season with only one tactical approach. Counter attack. Press and running around.
How about having almost zero tactical awareness how to getting the best out of his team.
How about talking like a Yes man, sugar coat his CEO and owners. How about sounding like a loser whenever he opens his mouth. How about that.

Losing to Liverpool at AR doesn’t mean anything. I simply don’t care about today’s results. Forget today. This is a year a pure incompetence.

The one thing I know is that this clown (sorry Ole but my blood is boiling) will take us nowhere. Listen! NOWHERE. Any decent manager knows how to sell our deadwood and replacing them with better quality. Even Fred the Fred. can do this. How about that. Get Poch when there is a chance!!!

Ban me or do whatever you or the mods want. I don’t care. I simply don’t care any longer. 45 years as a United supporter, it has never been worse. Eat that.
Love it.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Sanchez. No replacement.
Herrera. No replacement.

:lol: I am sorry, but this is just gold.

Cantona in disguise

So for the FA Cup we risk losing our best player of the season for the far more important league and the upcoming Europe League ?
Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win a cup than the 4th place trophy. He could have rested him lost the game played him today and he could have ripped his hamstring its football injuries happen

SirAF

Ageist
Call me old fashioned but I'd rather win a cup than the 4th place trophy. He could have rested him lost the game played him today and he could have ripped his hamstring its football injuries happen
Playing in the CL is far far more important for the club's future.

Greck

Nonsense, Ole is the United manager, he should also be responsible for medical diagnosis. I'm pretty sure he also worked on Pogba's ankle a few weeks back.
Everyone involved messed up bad. The interview after the Wolves game made it clear they all knew of the issues. The manager didn't exactly make the decision uninformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.