Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Despite it being shown that no one in this thread has posted “great achievement” seriously we have people coming in here acting superior to those who have claimed this is a great achievement and acting like people who think this way are stupid.

Absolutely beggars belief.
I want him out but anytime we win a game, even if we beat City you will get some fans sarcastically saying "Oh he must be better than Pep then" despite literally no one saying that.

Basically some people are just idiots once the emotion of football gets involved.

Mr. Meeseeks

If some of our fans think scoring six against Tranmere is a great achievement it's worrying that our standards have slipped so far. Enjoy the win by all means, but let's not get carried away.

I already told you I was happy with the win but if you need the reassurance I can tell you again. It's nice to be in the draw for the next round.
Fair enough. I just hate dogpiling that seems to happen to anyone who has anything positive to say about the club lately. I probably over reacted in my comment. I realise that we all support our club in different ways.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ok let’s call it defensive & put that point aside; what are we discussing? Making things up?

You’ve jumped in with 2 feet about one thing, tried to make this about me being defensive then when I restarted my initial point [a direct quote of my original posts] I’m apparently making things up.

What is it I said that you originally disagreed with? We’re past me being defensive - so what is your issue?
You said people were dimwits if you disagreed with those coming on here saying it’s only Tranmere, which is ridiculous.
You then started quoting people enjoying a win and asking for moderators, before saying I’m accusing people of not celebrating how I see fit.
You are making things up, we all get it’s only Tranmere, but it’s a big win that deserves celebrating, actual celebrating, not saying it was a meh result and then pretending that that’s celebrating.
Sanctimony at its finest.

Who are you to tell anyone how to support the team they choose?
Mods please moderate.

:lol:
Hypocrisy.

fergosaurus

Fair enough. I just hate the dog piling that seems to happen to anyone who has anything positive to say about the club lately. I probably over reacted in my comment. I realise that we all support our club in different ways.
No worries, I can see where you're coming from.

ranxerox

Still want him out but I'm also ecstatic we smashed the opposition today. I don't hate OGS or agree with a lot of the venom spit his way, but I just don't think he's good enough to get us competing for the title again.

AFC NimbleThumb

What happened is earlier on you replied to someone who said “go support another team” and you thought that was me. When I called you out on it, rather than admit a mistake you just changed your post.
Changed my post :confused:

Keep telling people the club they support is better off without them cause they don’t support how you do :nervous:
And yes. “Proper fan”. There are some things that good supporters of a team should do. Take the piss out of your manager after winning 6-0 isn’t one. Wishing your team to lose isn’t one. Insulting people who give their all for the team isn’t one.
I’ve not done this & haven’t seen others do so.

“Wishing your team loses”, youve resorted to another level of exaggeration at this point - no fan has done this today.

You’re attempting to pull this away from where were originally.

Verminator

No, we don't have the second-best team in the world and I never suggested that we did. I'm merely pointing out that all football clubs are limited to spending within their means.

That's not bollox, mate, that's a statement of fact.
You don't have to spend all your money on any old rubbish.
What you you pay in wages is not determined by the money you have, otherwise all the players would be on the maximum you can afford. That is what is bollocks in your statement.

Last edited:

swedishgloryhunter

Oles new plan is to water the field at old Trafford to mimic the conditions of today. Maybe then we can challenge for a trophy, the speed of the balls was comfortable for many today. Swedish commentators were comparing maguire to Beckenbauer.

However it was a good blowout game and good for team morale.

90 + 5min

So many Solskjaer-haters in here. Instead of enjoying a win and getting through in the Fa cup there is witchhunting. Just Sad to see

AFC NimbleThumb

You said people were dimwits if you disagreed with those coming on here saying it’s only Tranmere, which is ridiculous.
You then started quoting people enjoying a win and asking for moderators, before saying I’m accusing people of not celebrating how I see fit.
You are making things up, we all get it’s only Tranmere, but it’s a big win that deserves celebrating, actual celebrating, not saying it was a meh result and then pretending that that’s celebrating.

Hypocrisy.
So now we’re calling me a hypocrite, again pulling us away from the original issue you had. I could trawl your posts & mis-quote you if I could be bothered but I’m not the one with an axe to grind.

But come on, stay on topic. As with your defensive sidetrack attempt let’s say I am a hypocrite & move on to what your original issue is.
We were once a team whose manager would say, “it’s only Spurs” now some absolute dimwits can’t handle fellow fans saying “it’s only tranmere”.

You can enjoy the team hitting the back of the net 6 times whilst also realising the standard of opponent more than played its part in doing so.
The above is what you say you have an issue with, so let’s dissect.

“dimwits can’t handle fellow fans saying it’s only tranmere” - not sure what’s so controversial here. people getting upset about others saying ‘it’s only tranmere’ are being dimwitted.

I haven’t even been able to mention my thoughts on the other side of the discussion.

“You can enjoy scoring 6 while understanding the standard of competition played a factor in doing so”, apparently this is made up later on but it’s my original point. There’s no one way in which a vast fanbase will celebrate so expecting everyone to go grab a beer & not still have legitimate concerns in mind is ridiculous.

I’m a hypocrite.

I’m defensive.

Can I go now :boring:

hobbers

we have people coming in here acting superior to those who have claimed this is a great achievement and acting like people who think this way are stupid.
But thinking that beating Tranmere 6-0 is a great achievement is patently stupid.

No problem with people being happy about the win and the goals and going through, but it is not a great achievement ffs. It's par for what SHOULD be expected but apparently now isn't.

Doesn't matter how many upsets there are in the cups, you always expect any top half Prem side to comfortably beat a bottom of League 1 side. Especially when the Prem side is playing an almost full strength first eleven.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
But thinking that beating Tranmere 6-0 is a great achievement is patently stupid.

No problem with people being happy about the win and the goals and going through, but it is not a great achievement ffs. It's par for what SHOULD be expected but apparently now isn't.

Doesn't matter how many upsets there are in the cups, you always expect any top half Prem side to comfortably beat a bottom of League 1 side. Especially when the Prem side is playing an almost full strength first eleven.
no one said it was a great achievement! that’s the point!

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So now we’re calling me a hypocrite, again pulling us away from the original issue you had. I could trawl your posts & mis-quote you if I could be bothered but I’m not the one with an axe to grind.

But come on, stay on topic. As with your defensive sidetrack attempt let’s say I am a hypocrite & move on to what your original issue is.

The above is what you say you have an issue with, so let’s dissect.

“dimwits can’t handle fellow fans saying it’s only tranmere” - not sure what’s so controversial here. people getting upset about others saying ‘it’s only tranmere’ are being dimwitted.

I haven’t even been able to mention my thoughts on the other side of the discussion.

“You can enjoy scoring 6 while understanding the standard of competition played a factor in doing so”, apparently this is made up later on but it’s my original point. There’s no one way in which a vast fanbase will celebrate so expecting everyone to go grab a beer & not still have legitimate concerns in mind is ridiculous.

I’m a hypocrite.

I’m defensive.

Can I go now :boring:
Have a good evening mate.

zizi

So We have footballing people to tell Woodward if a player is good or not and They can say no but if the manager says yes, We sign the player anyway?
Then what's the point of them? that's my dream job right there. I will just copy paste FM analysis.
That's how it used to be. The manager had control to build his team. it was like that under SAF and it was kept that way post SAF, until now.

Was it like this under LVG and Mourinho?

Also if our recruitment has gotten better than what we had under LVG and Mourinho wouldn't it be wiser to get a good coach now. I can imagine those coaches doing better than they did if they recruited in a similar manner to Ole's regime
Different point of matter, but, personally i don't agree. I think Ole is the man to the rebuild, and he'll get us to a point where we have a team with an identity, a mindset and the ability to challenge. Whether he gets us over the line who knows, but at that point is the time to change it up. On the whole he's put the long term of the future above his own, can't see many other managers without the Utd connection doing that .

He literally said manager always has final say on transfer in the full quote. It's not much different from before, just different men piloting it now
This is the same system that had denied Harry Maguire because he's "not better than Smalling" then paid record fee for him one year later

Yes he does have the final say, as he should. But after the 'club' also proves. If Marcel Bout (or someone else on the committee) says no to a transfer and Ole says yes, it wont go through. So significantly different. And your're simply making things up about the Maguire transfer.

no it shouldn't. The manager should have the final say because it is his team and he selects the best team he think will give him the best result. It would be highly idiotic to get someone else to buy players and then ask the manager , there you go use these players and win matches. It doesn't happen. Not anywhere else either. The DOFs job is to help the manager in getting the options for the manager to make a final decision. For eg: if Longstaff is not available then find other options for the manager. To coordinate all the scouts in finding the right kind of players needed by the manager.
You cannot win without getting or looking at short term options to get the best out of your team.

See above, nobody else is getting the players and going to Ole "here you go, play this person we just bought without your approval". And short term options is part of what got us in this mess in the first place.

In theory, the structure in place is absolutely the right way to go. In practical terms it takes a few windows before you start to see the results, but so far so good imo. Should have been done sooner instead of trusting the managers too much, but even though it was the wrong choice you can see why it was kept that way. Anyway, that's spilt under the bridge now. The question now is who is on the committee, and are they good enough.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Changed my post :confused:

Keep telling people the club they support is better off without them cause they don’t support how you do :nervous:

I’ve not done this & haven’t seen others do so.

“Wishing your team loses”, youve resorted to another level of exaggeration at this point - no fan has done this today.

You’re attempting to pull this away from where were originally.
FFS. Have a good night mate.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You don't have to spend all your money on any old rubbish.
What you you pay in wages is not determined by the money you have, otherwise all the players would be on the maximum you can afford. That is what is bollocks in your statement.
But that's precisely how contract negotiations work, is it not?

You'll notice very few clubs enter a transfer race when United have openly declared an interest, the reason for that is because they can pay considerably more than everyone else bar a minute few. You spend within your means, a statement made truer by the introduction of FFP some years ago.

When was the last time United were challenged for a player they were after? Certainly not in recent times.

Alabaster Codify7

Nothing to say about Ole to either praise or criticise him here really. He sent the lads to a shocking field and won 6-0 with no injuries against an awful team - a good day at the office, entertaining to watch, but not a measuring stick. Job done, onto the next one.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Doesn’t this mean since the injuries our form has got worse and now you’ve given up. After we beat city and spurs away with less injuries imagine you still had faith? We are going to lose alot more until we get our players back. I love the fans optimism who think this won’t or shouldn’t be the case. It’s guaranteed for me.
It was a culmination of factors that decided it for me, rather than an individual moment. He is tactically limited, has little to no leadership qualities, and his win-rate is at a shockingly low 33%, which is unacceptable by anyone's standards let alone a club of our stature. The football on offer is of an average standard these days, a far cry from the fast attacking, high-press football he opened up with when he first began his reign. Not to mention playing one of Lingard or Periera week in week out when there are better options available.

I'm aware of the injury problems plaguing the club, and I have made allowances for that many times this season, but injuries do not account for losses against the likes of Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, etc, bang-average football clubs that United should be beating with or without injuries. Poch being readily available is another significant factor, I'd hate to see us pass on one of the games brightest managerial prospects after already losing out on both Klopp and Pep to our bitter rivals.

The fact is, there are better managers available at this very moment. We would be foolish to ignore them.

RUCK4444

Woosh.

In all seriousness though, League One and bottom half Championship teams are probably going to be Ole's more enticing offers when we sack him, which tells you all you need to know.
Enjoy your opinion bud, it takes a certain type of person to take delight in taking the piss out of a club ledge and current manager. It brings me no joy at all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That’s the spirit

No point kidding about it, next 3 games are city, wolves and Chelsea normal service against better opposition is resumed this 6-0 against part timers will be long forgot, the club and manager have killed any spirit I had left.

fergiesarmy1

It was a culmination of factors that decided it for me, rather than an individual moment. He is tactically limited, has little to no leadership qualities, and his win-rate is at a shockingly low 33%, which is unacceptable by anyone's standards let alone a club of our stature. The football on offer is of an average standard these days, a far cry from the fast attacking, high-press football he opened up with when he first began his reign. Not to mention playing one of Lingard or Periera week in week out when there are better options available.

I'm aware of the injury problems plaguing the club, and I have made allowances for that many times this season, but injuries do not account for losses against the likes of Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, etc, bang-average football clubs that United should be beating with or without injuries. Poch being readily available is another significant factor, I'd hate to see us pass on one of the games brightest managerial prospects after already losing out on both Klopp and Pep to our bitter rivals.

The fact is, there are better managers available at this very moment. We would be foolish to ignore them.
No one apart from the top 3 have a decent win rate this season, when slating him it should be remembered this is a strange season for almost everyone with each winning well one week then absolutely dire the next. If he makes it too next season gets supported in the transfer market those percentages will change rapidly.

LJJT

One of the most coherent performances we’ve had today, I know it was against poor side but the formation, player selection, ways we played, subs- everything worked out. Hope it gives some players much needed confidence

fergiesarmy1

No point kidding about it, next 3 games are city, wolves and Chelsea normal service against better opposition is resumed this 6-0 against part timers will be long forgot, the club and manager have killed any spirit I had left.
Tranmere aren’t part timers but thanks for your support over the next 3 games sure it will help.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Tranmere aren’t part timers but thanks for your support over the next 3 games sure it will help.
I've seen better sunday league keepers than that tranmere one he was awful how he got a professional contract anywhere is mind boggling.

fergiesarmy1

I've seen better sunday league keepers than that tranmere one he was awful how he got a professional contract anywhere is mind boggling.
Mouthy city fan so I had no sympathy with him, was actually annoyed he didn’t get a red card still a professional game where sympathy shouldn’t come in to the equation.

L1nk

Why are there arguments here still, even Ole in crowd can agree there are far better managers easily attainable right now adn that should be enough to get rid of him at the end of the season and get one of them in, you need that ruthlessness to remain a top club, the romanticism and sentimentality for a below average manager because he used to plsy for us will make sure we remain nothing but a mediocre club for the forseeable future, just ask Liverpool

fergiesarmy1

Why are there arguments here still, even Ole in crowd can agree there are far better managers easily attainable right now adn that should be enough to get rid of him at the end of the season and get one of them in, you need that ruthlessness to remain a top club, the romanticism and sentimentality for a below average manager because he used to plsy for us will make sure we remain nothing but a mediocre club for the forseeable future, just ask Liverpool
You did see how LVG and Jose worked out right?

Dve

United could still end the season on a high. Soon we´ll have Matic, Fred, McTominay and Pogba to choose from in the middle, and maybe both Pogba and Fernandes to choose from as nr. 10. That can only make us better.

Status
Not open for further replies.