Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Utter bollocks!
You'd be surprised how much some Barca and Madrid players get paid.

We have the second highest wage in the world. Do we have the second best team?
No, we don't have the second-best team in the world and I never suggested that we did. I'm merely pointing out that all football clubs are limited to spending within their means.

That's not bollox, mate, that's a statement of fact.

tonnas

We beat a bottom of league 1 side, even the u18 should have beaten them, Ole In brigade out shouting!!

AFC NimbleThumb

More like we have just won a game after two straight losses and all I can do is moan and demean those who enjoyed themselves. It is toxicity like this that is slowly killing our club.
Where did I moan?

My whole point has been you can enjoy the win & temper doing so by realising the strength of competition.

I haven’t expressed an opinion but you’ve waded in with no real point to argue against so I’m moaning about a result I haven’t even commented on? :nono:

Mediocrity from fan to board is killing this club, not a lack of celebration when beating a bottom half League 1 team.

el3mel

More like we have just won a game after two straight losses and all I can do is moan and demean those who enjoyed themselves. It is toxicity like this that is slowly killing our club.
Where's the moaning in my 2 posts ? It's Tranmere. I'm not even sure if this is the correct spelling for this team. Nothing really to talk about. To see something like "we're stuffing Tranmere 6-0" is just funny and describes how the expectations and standards these days.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In my original response & intial post I said people are capable of enjoying the win & rationalising the result in the context of the opponent etc. Games don’t occur in a silo - this win is a small distraction in the great course of our season.

I type posts on here on my phone, I don’t post every emotion/thought.

If I post ‘OgS beat a League 1 team so meh’ does that mean I didn’t celebrate every goal/the game? Not necessarily.

Are You criticising people for not celebrating in a way you see fit?
Don’t get defensive, I’m not having a go at you.
I’m just saying that if your first thought after a 6-0 win is to go online and not let people enjoy it then you’re more than a bit silly.
If you go on and say it’s a meh result then you can’t say you celebrated it, you can’t have it both ways.
I think it’s a shame that it’s becone so miserable on here; we’re not where we want to be but today was a good day for the club no matter how some so called supporters try to spin it.

Dec9003

I think it’s a case that most fans are so desperate for change, that a result like this, against nothing opposition will only prolong the pain. I completely understand the frustration, it’s not coming from nowhere. Let’s be honest, the likes of Lingard and Jones wouldn’t have scored against Burnley had we played a day longer.
I can see what you mean, but losing today wouldn’t mean we have any significant change in fortune.
I want change at the club, but I don’t think wishing we lose every match until that happens is the right way to go about it.

Dec9003

Yes. I am criticising those who celebrated in a certain way. If you support a team and you come on here when they’re winning and make pathetic digs, you’re not a proper fan and the club would be better off without you.
Apparently we’ve misunderstood mate, If you come on here after a 6-0 win and slate the manager and club that’s just your own way of celebrating. ;)

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Just a query, really.

You see, I'm not sure if you genuinely believe in Ole or you're simply on the WUM. I hoped you would confirm one way or the other.
As of now I have seen more than enough from Ole to keep him on. I also understand why some people want him gone and can appreciate that viewpoint.

Shark

@NotShark
I can see what you mean, but losing today wouldn’t mean we have any significant change in fortune.
I want change at the club, but I don’t think wishing we lose every match until that happens is the right way to go about it.
Me neither, but I think we seriously need to step back and realize where each other are coming from instead of resorting to handbags and point scoring contests. There’s a feck ton of justified frustration in this fan base at the moment, let’s just hear each other out.

AFC NimbleThumb

Don’t get defensive, I’m not having a go at you.
I’m just saying that if your first thought after a 6-0 win is to go online and not let people enjoy it then you’re more than a bit silly.
If you go on and say it’s a meh result then you can’t say you celebrated it, you can’t have it both ways.
I think it’s a shame that it’s becone so miserable on here; we’re not where we want to be but today was a good day for the club no matter how some so called supporters try to spin it.
Defensive? I’m confused if anything - there’s nothing to defend.

Read this thread, a number of fans first thoughts when we started the first half well, @MS4 at 15.19 was straight in to run noses in it.

As I’ve said there’s no grey area in this thread; you should be able to enjoy scoring 6 & also not rate the opposition.

It’s definitely miserable on here but that isn’t solely an OgS Out issue.

Mr. Meeseeks

I'm happy with the win considering the state of the pitch and any FA Cup tie can be tricky but to call it a great achievement is laughable.
I think the fan you laughed at was saying that scoring six is a great achievement considering we haven’t done it since SAF. It is lower league opposition and all that.

But they are allowed to enjoy themselves and call it a great result. You pissing on their bonfire is just toxic and does nothing but ruin their day for enjoying a win. Don’t you feel any joy because of the result?

Dec9003

Defensive? I’m confused if anything - there’s nothing to defend.

Read this thread, a number of fans first thoughts when we started the first half well, @MS4 at 15.19 was straight in to run noses in it.

As I’ve said there’s no grey area in this thread; you should be able to enjoy scoring 6 & also not rate the opposition.

It’s definitely miserable on here but that isn’t solely an OgS Out issue.
Asking if I’m criticising people for not celebrating properly and speaking about your phone was blatantly defensive.
Nobody is saying you can’t enjoy a win and not rate Tranmere, you’re just making things up now.
If somebody can’t enjoy a win by a big margin today, they need to step away from the club for their own good because we’re miles away from this being a regular occasion.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As of now I have seen more than enough from Ole to keep him on. I also understand why some people want him gone and can appreciate that viewpoint.
I wasn't having a pop at you for keeping the faith in Ole, by the way. I respect your viewpoint and anyone else sharing your position.

But we all have our breaking point. I have only recently given up on Ole myself.

AFC NimbleThumb

How is that telling them to go and support another club?

I feel like I’m arguing with idiots all the time on here at the moment.
I see you’ve resorted to name calling in an attempt to subvert :nono:

“You’re not a proper fan & the club would be better off without you” - you’ve not explicitly said they should support ‘another team’ but this clubs better off without them cause they’re not ‘proper’ fans so go watch cricket?

You’re correct there’s definitely an idiot in this back & forth.

Proper fan :lol:

Canagel

Great achievement :lol:
Maybe some are right actually, for Solskjaer it's a great achievement. Maybe he is good enough to win League 1 after all!

AFC NimbleThumb

Asking if I’m criticising people for not celebrating properly and speaking about your phone was blatantly defensive.
Nobody is saying you can’t enjoy a win and not rate Tranmere, you’re just making things up now.
If somebody can’t enjoy a win by a big margin today, they need to step away from the club for their own good because we’re miles away from this being a regular occasion.
Ok let’s call it defensive & put that point aside; what are we discussing? Making things up?

You’ve jumped in with 2 feet about one thing, tried to make this about me being defensive then when I restarted my initial point [a direct quote of my original posts] I’m apparently making things up.

What is it I said that you originally disagreed with? We’re past me being defensive - so what is your issue?

fergosaurus

I think the fan you laughed at was saying that scoring six is a great achievement considering we haven’t done it since SAF. It is lower league opposition and all that.

But they are allowed to enjoy themselves and call it a great result. You pissing on their bonfire is just toxic and does nothing but ruin their day for enjoying a win. Don’t you feel any joy because of the result?
If some of our fans think scoring six against Tranmere is a great achievement it's worrying that our standards have slipped so far. Enjoy the win by all means, but let's not get carried away.

I already told you I was happy with the win but if you need the reassurance I can tell you again. It's nice to be in the draw for the next round.

RedorDead21

I wasn't having a pop at you for keeping the faith in Ole, by the way. I respect your viewpoint and anyone else sharing your position.

But we all have our breaking point. I have only recently given up on Ole myself.
Doesn’t this mean since the injuries our form has got worse and now you’ve given up. After we beat city and spurs away with less injuries imagine you still had faith? We are going to lose alot more until we get our players back. I love the fans optimism who think this won’t or shouldn’t be the case. It’s guaranteed for me.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I see you’ve resorted to name calling in an attempt to subvert :nono:

“You’re not a proper fan & the club would be better off without you” - you’ve not explicitly said they should support ‘another team’ but this clubs better off without them cause they’re not ‘proper’ fans so go watch cricket?

You’re correct there’s definitely an idiot in this back & forth.

Proper fan :lol:
What happened is earlier on you replied to someone who said “go support another team” and you thought that was me. When I called you out on it, rather than admit a mistake you just changed your post.

And yes. “Proper fan”. There are some things that good supporters of a team should do. Take the piss out of your manager after winning 6-0 isn’t one. Wishing your team to lose isn’t one. Insulting people who give their all for the team isn’t one.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Good win but we won’t back it up so I can’t get excited.

The same old crap will resume next match.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Despite it being shown that no one in this thread has posted “great achievement” seriously we have people coming in here acting superior to those who have claimed this is a great achievement and acting like people who think this way are stupid.

Absolutely beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.