Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

God forbid anyone feel glad at 6-0 in the fa cup. No, not here not when lee565 is running the roost.
Nothing wrong with being happy with united winning the match 6-0 but let's not use this result as an argument to brush current issues at the club under carpet and act like it's some turning point.

Paul_Scholes18

Managed the side with well today. No complains for today. Now he got a massive test against City. Need to attack them well to stand a chance.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing wrong with being happy with united winning the match 6-0 but let's not use this result as an argument to brush current issues at the club under carpet and act like it's some turning point.
Nobody is doing that, just enjoy it. There will be plenty of reason to complain again when we play city midweek.

Ludens the Red

He hasn't even done the 'very very easy' research. Tranmere aren't even bottom. In terms of points Arsenal are closer to being bottom of the PL than Tranmere are in L1.
Yeah everyone knows Bolton are bottom of league one and have been since day one and will be forever.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We are 5-0 up. His kept Maguire on and just put on Fred who plays every game.

Yes trying. We ain’t winning nothing and for the first time in 6 years I can honestly say we aren’t getting to any finals this year.

But we are winning for once. Let’s just enjoy it:)
Inspirational as ever. Where would we be without fans like you

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I would enjoy a decent perfomance and a win, and wouldnt care who its against either under normal circumstances . But these aren't normal circumstances, our club is falling apart on every level and there is no light at the end of the tunnel, so im not going to sit back enjoy and feel happy after winning a relegation league 1 side which will probably give the board and manager more excuses.
Get some perspective man. What a Tranmere supporter would give to see their club where we are.

Jonno

We are 5-0 up. His kept Maguire on and just put on Fred who plays every game.

Yes trying. We ain’t winning nothing and for the first time in 6 years I can honestly say we aren’t getting to any finals this year.

But we are winning for once. Let’s just enjoy it:)
Pretty sure he took Maguire off as well pal so don’t fret too much. Fred came on for a casual training drill on possession.

Relax, enjoy the win. We’ve all got the whole week to slip back into negativity.

AFC NimbleThumb

We were once a team whose manager would say, “it’s only Spurs” now some absolute dimwits can’t handle fellow fans saying “it’s only tranmere”.

You can enjoy the team hitting the back of the net 6 times whilst also realising the standard of opponent more than played its part in doing so.

Today OgS proved he would storm League 1 with this squad, nothing more.

Verminator

A football club can only spend relative to its means.

United are considerably more wealthy than the vast majority of European clubs thus they pay their players larger salaries.
Utter bollocks!
You'd be surprised how much some Barca and Madrid players get paid.

We have the second highest wage in the world. Do we have the second best team?

Dec9003

We were once a team whose manager would say, “it’s only Spurs” now some absolute dimwits can’t handle fellow fans saying “it’s only tranmere”.

You can enjoy the team hitting the back of the net 6 times whilst also realising the standard of opponent more than played its part in doing so.

Mate everyone knows it was only Tranmere.
Everyone rushing online to let us know we beat a poor side as if people would actually get giddy are pathetic.
Have a beer and enjoy it, it’s not like we often win by a big margin.

fergosaurus

Ok so Winning 6 nil is when you find you level is it?

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the phrase.
Woosh.

In all seriousness though, League One and bottom half Championship teams are probably going to be Ole's more enticing offers when we sack him, which tells you all you need to know.

AFC NimbleThumb

Everyone rushing online to let us know we beat a poor side as if people would actually get giddy are pathetic.
Fair point but in this thread there’s a lot of people doing the opposite & shooting down any rationale.

There’s never any grey area on here is my point really.

Fans should be capable of being happy we won [then celebrating as you suggested] but also being honest in the fact the strength of competition was a key factor in doing so.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wow! Our fanbase is reaching Arsenal levels now.

It seems there is nothing that will ever satisfy them. Lose a game- Ole is tactically clueless. Win a game by small margin- These are the games we should win by bigger margins to send across a message. Win game by a big margin- Its a league 1 side, Ole should have played more kids.

Ole wasn't the one who drew us vs Tranmere. We can only play the team we are supposed to, we cant just send 11 kids in any game - that's risky and a bit disrespectful to the opposition. We won the game, Ole out camp needs to just relax and enjoy our win. No one's saying keep Ole because we beat Tranmere.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Nah whats pathetic is people already going on about our biggest win post SAF

Dec9003

Fair point but in this thread there’s a lot of people doing the opposite & shooting down any rationale.

There’s never any grey area on here is my point really.

Fans should be capable of being happy we won [then celebrating as you suggested] but also being honest in the fact the strength of competition was a key factor in doing so.
I’ve read all the threads and I’ve yet to see anyone seriously say this win is indicative of any major improvements.
If you’ve seen any then fair enough, but there’s a lot more people rushing on to let everyone know it’s only Tranmere than there are people actually going over the top.

Dec9003

Nah whats pathetic is people already going on about our biggest win post SAF
People posting a stat which says it’s our biggest win post Fergie aren’t pathetic, it quite literally is our biggest win since then.
Don’t enjoy it whatever you do though pal, Ole might get a new deal if you do!

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve read all the threads and I’ve yet to see anyone seriously say this win is indicative of any major improvements.
If you’ve seen any then fair enough, but there’s a lot more people rushing on to let everyone know it’s only Tranmere than there are people actually going over the top.
Please refer to @mu4c_20le but again, fair point.

The issue is this thread goes one of 2 ways, we win & the OgS In brigade jump in mid match going wildly over the top & then vice-versa when we lose.

Dec9003

Please refer to @mu4c_20le but again, fair point.

The issue is this thread goes one of 2 ways, we win & the OgS In brigade jump in mid match going wildly over the top & then vice-versa when we lose.
So one poster then, that hasn’t really said anything over the top anyway.
I’d rather see someone enjoying a good win in the FA cup then read about how we’re still the worst team ever and we only beat a league one side.

jem

I'm as negative as the next guy (I have a Liverpool-supporting brother for feck's sake,) but maybe we should just enjoy that without over-analyzing it.

Shark

@NotShark
I think it’s a case that most fans are so desperate for change, that a result like this, against nothing opposition will only prolong the pain. I completely understand the frustration, it’s not coming from nowhere. Let’s be honest, the likes of Lingard and Jones wouldn’t have scored against Burnley had we played a day longer.

AFC NimbleThumb

So one poster then, that hasn’t really said anything over the top anyway.
I’d rather see someone enjoying a good win in the FA cup then read about how we’re still the worst team ever and we only beat a league one side.
In my original response & intial post I said people are capable of enjoying the win & rationalising the result in the context of the opponent etc. Games don’t occur in a silo - this win is a small distraction in the great course of our season.

I type posts on here on my phone, I don’t post every emotion/thought.

If I post ‘OgS beat a League 1 team so meh’ does that mean I didn’t celebrate every goal/the game? Not necessarily.

Are You criticising people for not celebrating in a way you see fit?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Yes. I am criticising those who celebrated in a certain way. If you support a team and you come on here when they’re winning and make pathetic digs, you’re not a proper fan and the club would be better off without you.

AFC NimbleThumb

You want it moderated for telling the truth?

The state of our "fans" nowadays :boring:
‘Truth’ :nono:

His opinion aligning with yours doesn’t make it a ‘fact’.

The state of our fans indeed, dare not have an adverse option on here or someone will spit a dummy out.

That post was horrendous.

Foxbatt

It is a good win but lets be reasonable. I am glad that we won and that we scored more than 4 goals in a match.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Yep. We know that if one day we find ourselves to be unlucky enough to be in league one then Ole can come sort us out. But until then, this is really what's expected of us.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yes. I am criticising those who celebrated in a certain way. If you support a team and you come on here when they’re winning and make pathetic digs, you’re not a proper fan and the club would be better off without you.
Sanctimony at its finest.

Who are you to tell anyone how to support the team they choose?

Mr. Meeseeks

“Your opinion differs to mine about the team so go support someone else because I’m right”

People need to stop being so damn precious. Support another team :houllier:
More like we have just won a game after two straight losses and all I can do is moan and demean those who enjoyed themselves. It is toxicity like this that is slowly killing our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.