Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's put a team out to go and win the fecking game and you're moaning. Wtf is wrong with people, seriously the man can't win. Whatever he does the naysayers will be after him.
Aye, I think he's reached that stage where everything he does will be scrutinized.

It's hardly surprising given the state of our team these days, of which he is the manager.

liamp

Picking Andreas and Lingard on a constant basis despite both of them being utter tosh is enough to be sacked, even today ignoring Gomes completely is quite baffling, especially as Chong is on his way out.
Gomes is also on his way out

Greck

Yep. On the other hand, if he did rest key players and we go on to lose, he'd get slaughtered for 'disrespecting the opposition and not taking the competition seriously'.
Against Tranmere? You sure you're not just making stuff up? He'll be trashed for losing sure but not because he didn't play our best players against Tranmere. People expect him to beat them with or without

He's not suggesting that the system is fine. He is claiming that the whole structure is functioning well because he's the one supervising it. Which is actually what his most ardent supporters have been claiming for some time now, it's not something new.

The attack on LvG and Mourinho was in the same vein and, of course, premeditated. They spent more than half a billion Euros for short-term success that didn't come (in the sense of winning major trophies), so his plan is better even if the results seem worse in its early stages because he plans for the future and has the club's best interests at heart.

The problem with all this is that, with a 34% win rate, he's basically asking for the fans to show blind faith in him. And that's when the lines between "trusting an insider during our hard times" and sheer nepotism get blurred.

Where things get confusing, imho, is when his idealism meets Woodward's reluctance after the LvG and Mou debacles. He spent 80 million Maguire and he wants another 100+ for Sancho, 60 more for Longstaff, close to 80 for Bruno and so on. And by reiterating in public every other day that he's after the right players and only them, the only thing he achieves is making said players even more expensive. In the meantime, because he didn't get his preferred #10 he's more than willing to accept contract renewals for Pereira, Mata and (soon to follow) Lingard because you must have a squad, after all. Which goes along with Woodward's "protect the assets" policy just fine. It also helps Ed to go after only a couple of signings each season without the risk of bloating the squad. If you think about it, they are the perfect match for each other.

Meanwhile, the great Manchester United are on route to finishing their season on 45 points... People are crying out for a DoF to help Solskjaer. I'd say we need a DoF to save us from Solskjaer's rigid thinking. People are complaining about the injuries and the lack of options when the most criminal decision, the one that has led us to this, is that both the manager and the CEO found it acceptable, for different reasons, to go into the season with such a poor squad. It reminds me of the time when Ed went to Moyes to tell him that Kroos is willing to come here and dithering Dave was pondering whether the German would fit in his masterplan... Someone (DoF) should have stepped up and say: "You wanted Fabregas but couldn't get him and you have fecking Cleverley and Fellaini for that role. Get one of the best passers in the world in his mid-20s and find a freaking way to fit him in your plans".

Solskjaer, now that the results are awful, is attaching the need for a rebuild to himself and it looks like he backs Woodward and the current regime. Woodward doesn't want a major overhaul because he doesn't really trust any manager to do it and he hides behind the need for a long-term rebuild. Sadly, none of them has the answers and the club will continue to be in disarray unless something miraculous happens.
That is an excellent post, absolutely superb.

MS4

So you moaners, I think Ole silenced you
as i said, it was a great selection. Now please be quiet till the end of the season. Thank you

The Bloody-Nine

Against Tranmere? You sure you're not just making stuff up? He'll be trashed for losing sure but not because he didn't play our best players against Tranmere. People expect him to beat them with or without
Yes, I'm quite sure.

NoneBmStore

What I absolutely don’t get from any games and this Tranmere game In particular is what exactly kind of attacking strategy do we have? There’s absolutely no movement off the ball. There’s no overcrowding areas and backs taking sprints behind the defense. It’s just “pass the ball around and hope for something to happen”
This has been the case for years now.

hobbers

as i said, it was a great selection. Now please be quiet till the end of the season. Thank you
3 goals up against Tranmere, yeh for sure he's silenced all his doubters here.

:houllier:

Dinghy

Thankfully no embarrasing cup-exit a'la Poch.

Last edited:

L1nk

You just knew everybody wanting Ole in was going to crawl back out of the woodwork smugly after what was obviously going to be an easy win against Tranmere, because that's just how low expectations have become

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Silenced? Because of slapping a poor Tranmere side who played v Watford less than 48 hours ago? :lol:

Just look at the team he put out, it reeks of desperation.

Maybe it is selfish, I don't know, but there is a 2-week break following this game so every who plays will be fit for the next game.
We play City and Wolves in space of next 6 days.

AC1689

Yes because beating league one Tranmere is a clear indication that he’s a brilliant manager. We’ve now won as many as we’ve lost. Excellent stuff right there.

You sound utterly ridiculous trying to use this game as any kind of reason for backing him. Did anyone seriously think we’d lose this?! I don’t think so.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ole has found his level. Best performance we put in this season. jessi lingard, Sir Phil Jones and most expensive defender in the world has finally silenced their critics. On to Wolves, were I expect a continuation

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Sounding like a WUM there mate...

This is a great result for Ole, and you can only beat who's in front of you - but the two clubs are 2 divisions apart.

Harry Maguire will've cost more than double the entire Tranmere team!

Show a bit more respect to posters who care deeply about Utd.

Hopefully though Ole can use this result as a catalyst for the must win match next Saturday.

Sweet Square

Ole has found his level. Best performance we put in this season. jessi lingard, Sir Phil Jones and most expensive defender in the world has finally silenced their critics. On to Wolves, were I expect a continuation
The ignore function is one of the best additions to this place.

hobbers

Good little swansong for everyone though.

Dalot, Jones and Lingard's final goals for the club there.

Bit of a final meal party for Ole before City and Wolves come back to remind us all of his impending doom.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
'Criticism gone way too far'... hahahaha

Get fecked. This fanbase deserves a fecking medal for the patience they've shown these cretinous bankers.

Gone too far? It's just fecking started mate.
I presume this guy is not a Manchester United's supporter

Fletchageddon

Lads, it's 5-0 at half time. What else do you want? I don't understand how people can cry about this performance.

dove

That's it, I am convinced now. I really thought Ole was out of his depth here but this performance against almighty Tranmere Rovers has just opened my eyes how good Ole really is. Anyone who is still doubting his abilities should just feck off.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I can understand why this doesn’t prove anyone wrong, but why on earth would you come here and constantly make sly digs when we’re 5-0 up? Just... enjoy it.

LARulz

That's a poor attempt at a WUM to be fair

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nobody cares about winning an FA Cup at the cost of burning out all the players. He knows his squad is thin. It’s not a priority except for what he believes will give him credit to keep a job.

Selfish if you ask me.
:lol:

Man Utd manager in SELFISHLY trying to win a trophy for Man Utd SHOCKER

fergieisold

Silenced? Because of slapping a poor Tranmere side who played v Watford less than 48 hours ago? :lol:

Just look at the team he put out, it reeks of desperation.

We play City and Wolves in space of next 6 days.
Christ, ambition to go and win a game is now desperation.

oh, wait, is the plan working ? 5-0 up, subs at half time to rest players.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Christ, ambition to go and win a game is now desperation.

oh, wait, is the plan working ? 5-0 up, subs at half time to rest players.
We are playing well against Tranmere mate. Many people says this could be a banana slip, but Ole is proving them wrong. 5-0 at halftime! :yawn:Let just enjoy this moment and hope it gives the lad confidence and improve moral. Jessi lingard seemed very happy when he scored. You know that must have meant a lot to him.

Mainoldo

:lol:

Man Utd manager in SELFISHLY trying to win a trophy for Man Utd SHOCKER
We are 5-0 up. His kept Maguire on and just put on Fred who plays every game.

Yes trying. We ain’t winning nothing and for the first time in 6 years I can honestly say we aren’t getting to any finals this year.

But we are winning for once. Let’s just enjoy it:)

HailtotheKing

We are 5-0 up. His kept Maguire on and just put on Fred who plays every game.

Yes trying. We ain’t winning nothing and for the first time in 6 years I can honestly say we aren’t getting to any finals this year.

But we are winning for once. Let’s just enjoy it:)
Yeah, this must rank as one of his stupidest decisions yet. Put Jones in midfield and bring Bailly on for Matic. Playing Fred is asking for it. Im delighted we're 5-0 up but this absolutely brainless. Speachless!

Status
Not open for further replies.