Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloysius's Back 3

Blame the players all you want but they wouldn't be beaten by Everton 4-0 with absolute no control of the game.

The last PL game was the exact same - no control & that's from the manager & tactics.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Huge personnel changes by handing Young and Jones new contrasts didn’t set a very good precedent .
true and that's what concerned me, not our recent games. These guys know that they are shit. They ended up at a top club, on huge salaries, and they will fight foot and nail to stay here. If that means getting the manager sacked only to earn yet another grace period then they'll do it. You don't dilly dally with bad weed. SAF bought 10 players between 1988 and 1989. That was a time when squads were half the size they are now.

AJ10

He might walk at this rate. This is the lowest point in the last 6 years. Even if he is incharge next season, we need to hire someone to sign the right players. I don't trust Ole's judgement at this point considering his team selections.
WTF! Have you been hiding under a rock?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nothing to do now except back him in the summer. Fans need to turn their frustration towards the board and the players.
There are systemic problems within the club that go far beyond Ole but why does he get automatic, absolute faith? It's a bizarre approach. We aren't duty-bound to back him if we think an alternative option will be better for the club.

Dansk

People want him sacked already? Jesus Christ. Even if he's another Moyes, which is entirely possible, the consequences of sacking him after a month would be greater than the consequences of another shit season next year. If we get rid of Solskjær now, we're the laughing stock of the world. Nobody interesting is available, anyway.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Only incompetent board would do that. If They only go by what the fans want or happy about then what the feck are They doing exactly? might as well leave the club and make a website to do a poll for every single decision the club has to make. The board and Woodward are jokes, clueless, how many years since Fergie left? how many blunders have They made? and They still haven't learned.

Worst of all, They didn't bring anyone to help Woodward even though They have no idea how to run a club like Manchester United.
Agree completely.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can only hope and pray that Ole is a terrific coach in the making and makes huge strides towards that in the summer.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Blame the players all you want but they wouldn't be beaten by Everton 4-0 with absolute no control of the game.

The last PL game was the exact same - no control & that's from the manager & tactics.
Aye, losing to Everton itself is, while annoying, fine. Shite happens. As do dips in form. The problem is the extent of the defeat and the fact that we've been losing constantly since the start of March.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
But why are we willing to give someone two or three transfer windows on the off-chance they might be good enough when the evidence is (increasingly) beginning to demonstrate otherwise? If we're sitting in 7th at the end of the season we will obviously sack him, irrespective of whether or not he wants to make more changes. New managers have come into clubs before and changed things drastically without necessarily overhauling the squad. I think we need significant changes on the pitch but no manager is going to get the time to literally change us entirely over three years if they don't perform well in the meantime. Football doesn't work that way.
Valid point but there’s something oddly consistent about these players being toxic. I don’t see how any manager works with this as it is without clearing the players out. Also, it might be toxicity flowing down from the admin levels in which case no one can succeed. It’s hard to pinpoint.

This is fully on the players now. Not on Ole.

They hid behind The Toxic One and now they have been exposed for being average players with disgusting attitude.

Ole only takes slight blame for player selection but what can he do when he’s dealt with a sh!!!t hand?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's an impossible job.

I love Ole and wanted him to have the best chance possible, but the playing staff needs a complete revamping given how gutless they are, and that is a colossal task even for an experienced manager. The person who's most to blame here is Woody, and it's really galling to see Ole get the brunt of the anger.

passing-wind

What exactly has he shown that you feel he will be able to or is trying to inplement Fergie's style? His pressers don't count as an answer.
Im honestly tired of this, maybe people forget how good of a team we was under Sir Alex in the prime years we played some of the best attacking football not in the league but in Europe. If Solskjaer had the capabilities to do so, then he wouldn't be managing molde.

fps

Who comes on? Lingard and Sanchez?
Certainly Sanchez needs to be let go so the club's wage structure can be re-established at a level where the players will actually play, rather than simply cashing in. He is no use to anyone, and was actually pretty poor for 18 months at Arsenal before the move - the writing was always on the wall there.

Lingard should have started, but not in the position he's been playing as part of a front three - he should be a runner and shuttler linking midfield and attack. Playing Lukaku with two strikers either side of him, neither of whom look to pick a pass or can demonstrably cross a ball, was never going to work. I'd imagine Lukaku will also be sold for a loss in the summer. He isn't made of the right stuff.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Best people? Like a legendary manager like LVG? Like one of modern times most successfull manager in Mourinho? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
LVG had demonstrated in previous jobs that he had the capability of sometimes getting it completely wrong despite his quality due to his stubbornness. The signs of Mourinho's decline were obvious at Chelsea.

Skills

Snitch
Yep. Plus a good DOF should hopefully ensure that even if Ole proves to be a bad choice the recruitment we do will still be building to something. As opposed to having to rip it all up again if/when Solskjaer does leave.
Agreed. But we all know the latter is what will happen once again.

Iowred

If OGS has the balls he should now drop the bulk of this team and play the youngsters. We have no top 4 to play for and he should by now understand who is not good enough for United. Gomez,Chong, greenwood deserve their chance

Look-a-Hill

Jose was right but we did not want to back him and his methods, tough as they were. He did not win 2 Champions League for nothing.
Tough love didn't work, arm round the shoulder is now failing. I doubt there's a manager who could get consistent performances out of this team.

Sadly Klopp is probably the only one. Guardiola wouldn't look twice at any of these players, does Poch even have a personality? Couldn't see them listening to him.

Whether Ole is good enough remains to be seen but no reasonable observations could be made until a massive overhaul of the squad is done. I'd rather Ole oversees that as he knows the standards of this club. Something the previous three managers didn't.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... I still see calls for Poch - but he's also an unknown quantity - he's under very little expectation at Spurs and hasn't had to sort out any real mess. I'd have him lasting a season at best before being fired ....
I don't know why Poch is repeatedly mentioned in such threads as if he was ever an option. He signed a 5 year new contract only 9 months ago and is clearly very happy at Spurs. He is not even remotely going to give up what he has at Spurs to come to United.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Valid point but there’s something oddly consistent about these players being toxic. I don’t see how any manager works with this as it is without clearing the players out. Also, it might be toxicity flowing down from the admin levels in which case no one can succeed. It’s hard to pinpoint.
Chelsea have often been notoriously toxic but they still win league titles more than we do.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
This team needs a huge rebuild and I don’t think Ole is experienced enough to do that. If we screw up this window, that would mean another 2-3 years of shite.
We should get a DOF in, it’s an absolute necessity. We need to build towards a style of play, it may take years but that’s the only way out.
I feel like this has more to do with Woodward and the Glazers than it has to do with out manager at least when it comes to who comes in and out. Agree with the DOF for sure.

ArjenIsM3

If OGS has the balls he should now drop the bulk of this team and play the youngsters. We have no top 4 to play for and he should by now understand who is not good enough for United. Gomez,Chong, greenwood deserve their chance
Agreed. Top 4 isn't happening anyway. Nothing left to play for.

BulgarianDevil91

How can people blame Ole for this? It's beyond me, fecking ridiculous. Only thing on him is starting XI and tactics, out there it's all on the players.

What other starting XI would you lot pick, when all we have laying around is utter garbage? Start with a whole team of academy players or? It's SADLY the best we have. And it's not his fault. It's the fault of three managers before him and stubborn higher ups, who didn't want to reinforce the squad in positions, even a 10 year old would've said we're lacking in.

With the on-pitch performance it's the same thing. He can't control the players' decision making? He can't go out there and pass it for Martial, he can't go and finish it instead of Lukaku. Our players are clueless. For feck sake, look at Martial's fecking face, he can't be arsed. They are not motivated, and even if he does try and pump them up before a game, they don't seem to put in enough effort. What is the guy supposed to do, give him a fecking break, give him fecking time.

I'm not blind, I see the utter shite this club has become, but there has to be time for the person, who wants to change the situation, to actually do so. Let's judge him in an year. No single manager in the world would've been able to do a much better job.

kps88

There are systemic problems within the club that go far beyond Ole but why does he get automatic, absolute faith? It's a bizarre approach. We aren't duty-bound to back him if we think an alternative option will be better for the club.
Because he's barely been in the job. Most managers get automatic faith for their first few months. Not to mention there is no way we sack him now so the focus needs to be on the players and board.

NorthBraxton

Seeing people blame Ole for this is actually making me mad. This squad is rotten to the core. Even a proven world class manager like Mourinho said it. When players fail at the basics like passing, it has to be Ole's fault, right? Ridiculous. We need to get rid of a lot of players. We are turning into Chelsea - where the players run the show.

PoTMS

Surely there must be a clause where we can get rid if we don't get top four? I see no other reason why he was given the job permanently when there was literally no need. We had just lost to Arsenal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He needs a massive summer. We need to basically say feck it from a business POV and take the hit on players that just need cutting. Players like Sanchez and Matic, just feck them off for whatever. Pay them off to end their contracts. Be ruthless. Nothings going to happen if we dont have a massive summer.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
United board and the fans to be fair are to blame. They all got excited on his start and basically helped push the board to male a decision that would Make the fans happy. Everyone on this forum thought he was the real deal when it was obvious this was his Di Matteo moment.

I just cant understand why they could not wait until the end of the season to make such a big decision.
I kept saying it.

Wait until the end of the season.

I never wanted Giggs as manager for this very reason. We are too big to be making emotionally driven decisions.

DeGea

We literally let him break the world transfer record, we did back him. Stop this revisionist nonsense. He was a terrible manager for us towards the end. The signs were there when he completely collapsed at Chelsea in his third season.
Yes financially maybe. But not his authority. When he was at loggerheads with the players, the club should have stood on his side and backed his authority. Players who do not toe the line should be sold.

That’s how SAF was treated and he won less than Jose when he came in. He brought massive changes e.g stopping drinking culture etc and the club backed him.

Do you think if Jose kicked a boot that hit Pogba a la Becks, that the club would back Jose? No way. Pogba would kick up a fuss and Jose will be out.

SAF sold becks, and keane , and Ruud. All because they challenged his authority. The manager should be the boss, end of. If you dont like it, you go. No hard feelings.

JustinC00

If we go into the summer and he doesn't have CB, RB & MF as a priority because Young, Smalling, Jones & Matic would be lucky to even be selected as a sub then at that point he's just waiting to be sacked because I don't know how any manager worth a shite can sit there and say those positions aren't in dire need of even just being good enough for a mid-table team. Seriously put Young-Smalling-Jones as 3 of a starting back 4 with Matic playing DM on a mid-table team and I bet that club would flirt with being relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.