g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
But for that honeymoon period, we’ve already fallen behind those clubs, notably Wolves who are undeniably superior at the moment.

Revaulx

I’m not sure why “learning on the job” is regarded with such disdain on here. Fergie did it all through his career. Moyes, LvG and Jose had all ceased to be capable of it once they arrived at United. Which is a major reason why all if them failed.

40year red

Amazing how Ole commenting about how the teams under us also are improving makes him a "defeatist" manager. I think he makes realistic and sensible comments about where we are and how far we have to go. The negativity is astounding. The sad truth is hardly a single player in our squad is good enough for Liverpool or Man City (arguably). This is gonna take time. No wonder this club is in shambles if the fans turn on the players and manager after a few bad games.

sp_107

Rumours got more legs now on including BALE in Pogba deal. God when we will learn? Seriously what is this facination with a guy who is injury pron and at the wrong end of career ? Seems Ed driven by his ego rather actually thinking of teams good. OLE can advise Ed not to ?

Shirt selling signing ? I think Alexis Sanchez singing written all over this again. What you guys think ?

If we want to swap with someone we could ask for a better player ?

Jaae

Not ITK
And he'll take us closer still.
...except we were level with those clubs when he took over, and now we are way clear of them and in contention for top 4 with only City and Liverpool having a better record than us since he joined...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Lvg was attacking manager. His all teams played attacking football. Especially that Ajax. It was one of the best teams ever. That season they beat that strong Milan 3 times. So to say something like that about Lvg is just ridiculous.
So, if he was so attacking, why the hell did he decide to do the complete opposite and play for 1-0 scorelines, while at MUFC?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Although I agree we have too many average players and they must be sold but in what world are you living in if you think a business will let its assets go for free? (regardless of how much they might bring in)

This isn't Fifa.
MCFC did this. They allowed contracts to expire of those players who were not deemed good enough.
Though of course, MCFC are not run to make money - they are run to win trophies.

No Love

Latest comments are the Moyesiest words I’ve heard in quite some time.

rotherham_red

It's a good job 95% of you don't have any association or link with the club outside of following it's Twitter account and watching the games on TV, otherwise OT would be the most soulless and depressing stadium in Britain.

Get a grip, ffs.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Womp

idiot
Moyesesque quotes there. Maintain my opinion that he isn't the manager to get us back to the top. Tactics are predictable, players have reverted to being shite under him and the results have also turned to shit, along with the football.

Bwuk

Embarrassing quotes.

If Poch was available and interested we should just pay whatever it takes to get him.

Ole looking increasingly out his depth. Very nervous about the summer in what has to be a perfect transfer window for us.

Xaviboy

He mentions we have to improve what we already have at the club already, I honestly don't think they can improve as players. They have been at average level for so many years. Half if them wouldn't get in at City, Liverpool squads.

If he doesn't make at least 5 signings this summer then we are going to be left behind again and by alot more then 27 points by city and Liverpool. We will be fighting it out with the mid table clubs that are supposingly chasing us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
https://www.skysports.com/football/...jaer-issues-manchester-united-top-six-warning

He's saying you don't just catch 27 points in 1 season. Well, Liverpool just did that. I want to give him a chance but some of those quotes do sound scary.
To be fair, Liverpool were never truly that far off, they just gave up with the league after a poor start while they adjusted, then went on a CL run which they didn’t have the squad to fight for both.

They were the only team who actually gave city a hard time so it was clear they were the next best team.

They already had a good attack but needed a defence, now they’ve added a good gk and can to compliment that.

We’re a long way off being a title contender but we should be top 4 with additions. We need steps forward but don’t expect massive jumps.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
To be fair, Liverpool were never truly that far off, they just gave up with the league after a poor start while they adjusted, then went on a CL run which they didn’t have the squad to fight for both.

They were the only team who actually gave city a hard time so it was clear they were the next best team.

They already had a good attack but needed a defence, now they’ve added a good gk and can to compliment that.

We’re a long way off being a title contender but we should be top 4 with additions. We need steps forward but don’t expect massive jumps.
I'm not saying we will win it but I'm sure we can compete if he makes the kind of ruthless changes Guardiola did before his 2nd season at City and he makes the right signings of course.

Starting next season with Lingard and Rashford leading our attack is not an option. It will be more of the same if we do.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What ole said is fine. What you say don't matter. It really don't. You don't always have to speak truth as a manager. You have to manage expectation. Of course Ole is wanting to have a strong season next season but the board have to know what must be done and the supporters need to understand the job is about rebuilding and that takes time. Now maybe we'll get lucky and get all the players we need and that's a lot!! . Who knows. He's doing the sensible thing. If he talked us up and we have a bad start to the season next year? He puts everyone under pressure. You lower expectation if you know there's much to do but that don't mean your intent has changed or that you'd be saying these things to the players. He'd be saying the opposite. If Ole was bigging us up, with our current squad after the shite we've seen this season? Many would think he was an idiot too. So you can't win can you. People need to be sensible.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'm not saying we will win it but I'm sure we can compete if he makes the kind of ruthless changes Guardiola did before his 2nd season at City and he makes the right signings of course.

Starting next season with Lingard and Rashford leading our attack is not an option. It will be more of the same if we do.
You can afford to be ruthless when money means nothing....

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You can afford to be ruthless when money means nothing....
Money doesn't seem to be much of a problem in our club when the directors are still recommending the distribution of dividends to our shareholders. In these situations, when a business needs to invest heavily in new assets, the directors usually don't recommend a distribution of dividends. :smirk:

Dyslexic Untied

Redcafe: We need a rebuild at the club.

Ole: Going to rebuild. Will take some time.

Redcafe: Moyes quotes etc.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am not asking for his head and don't want him out but I have no faith in him and the people over him.
Wanted Poch but that's water under the bridge.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sorry to say this again but Ole was in my opinion the wrong appointment, and I can't see him lasting long.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Rumours got more legs now on including BALE in Pogba deal. God when we will learn? Seriously what is this facination with a guy who is injury pron and at the wrong end of career ? Seems Ed driven by his ego rather actually thinking of teams good. OLE can advise Ed not to ?

Shirt selling signing ? I think Alexis Sanchez singing written all over this again. What you guys think ?

If we want to swap with someone we could ask for a better player ?
You start by saying rumours and then basically conclude they are true?

There is no fascination with Bale anymore and haven't been for three or four years.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think it's a bit daft from Ole to say that after how substantially City improved under Pep in season #2 and Liverpool just this season.

We as fans know what he's trying to say and we get it, it won't come in a single season. But passing it off as a statistical fact is giving the media fuel to say "err actually look at the past two seasons". It's just a very poorly worded rebuttle to expectations.

dove

"Improving what we have" is hardly a rebuild. Some of these players are shite, they cannot improve. If he starts Young again today then it pretty much confirms what we all knew months ago - he talks what the fans want to hear but does feck all.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
"Improving what we have" is hardly a rebuild. Some of these players are shite, they cannot improve. If he starts Young again today then it pretty much confirms what we all knew months ago - he talks what the fans want to hear but does feck all.
Pretty much my thoughts. I don't think the dross at the club is gonna get sold in the upcoming summer.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
At the end of the day he is the manager and he picks the teams. He shouldn’t feel pressured to pick or exclude certain players because the majority of fans want it. He’s the manager, he takes training and his job is to know what’s best for the team.

I’d have to agree slightly if he doesn’t address the problems in the team during the transfer window, with one of the biggest being right back. That’s different to sticking with what you’ve got though. We don’t have anyone else to play at right back really, as Dalot has shown he’s not the best at defending but good going forward.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I find it hard to criticise a manager for stating an obvious truth. We're not going to be challenging for the title next season, nor are we going to have the sort of massive turnover so people seem to want. Neither of those things are down to Solskjaer so welcome to reality I guess.

This will take years.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Last time when our coach compared us with Leicester, there was huge meltdown here. But everything what Ole says, it is ok i guess.

dove

At the end of the day he is the manager and he picks the teams. He shouldn’t feel pressured to pick or exclude certain players because the majority of fans want it. He’s the manager, he takes training and his job is to know what’s best for the team.

I’d have to agree slightly if he doesn’t address the problems in the team during the transfer window, with one of the biggest being right back. That’s different to sticking with what you’ve got though. We don’t have anyone else to play at right back really, as Dalot has shown he’s not the best at defending but good going forward.
That is exactly why I would be really angry if he starts Young over Dalot today and against Cardiff. We really need to go for it and try to make up the GD against Chelsea as it's likely they will lose against Leicester. We need to make up 7-8 GD in 2 games. More than possible against already relegated teams. Problem is we will likely start all our dross and try to scrape 1-0 and will probably even fail to do that.

Ban

How about reading some more other than a tweet?

I know, it's hard, then you cant criticize the guy.

He made a message to board I think and saying the truth. If changes dont happen we'll slip further. But not, he's a new Moyes.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

Ole: Going to rebuild. Will take some time. Don't worry I'm ruthless. I need to try and improve what we have. Love you Rashy. Juan sign da ting!

Fixed.

I'm very worried. Although at the same time don't really give a shit anymore as supporting this business is not good for my mental health. Ole is just happy to be here, you can't be too hard on him. Ultimately the Glazers and their stooge are the dark cloud over this club and things will not get better til they're gone.

crossy1686

career ending

The people who complain about what the manager says in a press conference, while knowing full well they'd lose their shit if he said the opposite and those that complain about line-up's before kick off have a special place in hell reserved for them.

I find it hard to criticise a manager for stating an obvious truth. We're not going to be challenging for the title next season, nor are we going to have the sort of massive turnover so people seem to want. Neither of those things are down to Solskjaer so welcome to reality I guess.

This will take years.
I don't understand why it needs to take years, we have the money and resources available. It wouldn't take Bayern or Madrid years to rebuild so why should it take us that long?

Status
Not open for further replies.