Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

As I said earlier deeply worrying that we are playing like this against the most trash side in the league. People blaming fitness are an absolute joke, as if fitness levels should make a difference in being to able to beat this crap team by ease. Just face it, the management team looks out of their depth and needs to sort their shit out or next season will be a repeat of this year.

Greck

Squad is gash but does he have the eye for quality needed to rebuild it. He's still putting his faith in average players because they're british. Wish we'd actually try some forward partnerships that didn't necessarily involve Rashford and we had kept Jones phased out. Time to be ruthless

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Half a season so far + a dodgy CV.
The only reason he got the job at that juncture was that he was getting most out of this squad. All season we heard how Mourinho was destroying the players' confidence and their future, couple of months with Ole and that talk only got stronger. Next thing you know is that apparently Mourinho was right and we actually do need a re-build.

Now the question is, why will anyone on earth have faith in ex-Cardiff/Norwegian league manager who is a complete rookie at this level to do this massive rebuilding job? Especially we have no sense of footballing structure around us? This is going to end in tears and we'll reach new pits of hell.

Classical Mechanic

A managers job is to organise and motivate. He’s doing neither. Granted that we have some bad apples but the players confidence is on the floor, a big part of his job is to raise them up.

crossy1686

career ending
No organisation would higher an individual with such little managerial experience.
I can name multiple football clubs that have done this, but not only that, major cooperations regularly promote from within as they believe maintaining a workplace culture that befits the company is the most important aspect of management. You can learn all the day to day skills on the job, experience is over rated.

ForestRGoinUp

Then you've obviously got no experience at a management level because 6 months is no time to change a culture when you're fighting fires day in day out.
To be fair a lot of the criticism, most of it even, is pointed at the management above Ole for thinking he was the man for this job.

If a Fortune 500 company hired an inexperienced CEO out of left field and the beginning of the tenure was shaky, there’s going to be concern and criticism of the decision

dove

Then what? We sack a manager every 6 months because he doesn't win enough games for your liking? Behave. We're in this mess because we've jumped around from manager to manager without any clear direction on how we want to build a squad so what we've ended up with is an unbalanced and ageing squad that we're asking our current manager to dismantle and rebuild in his image this time, the same we we've asked our previous 3 managers to do so and then sacked them because we've been unhappy with the way they're going about it.

So tell me then, what do we do? Sack Solskjær and bring in Pochettino? What happens when he goes on a similar run in 6 months time? We sack him as well and just keep on repeating that while Jones and Young still churn out because each new manager wants to 'assess the squad' before making any decisions?

It's the lack of planning that's got us into this mess and having knee jerk reactions because you don't like what someone says in a fecking press conference is the absolute epitome of the state of modern day football fans. Anyone can win the treble with MK Dons on Football Manager of FIFA but no one on here has any idea how difficult management at this level actually is, yet everyone on here is an expert.
I 100% agree. Our board had the biggest knee jerk reaction out of us all though. Offering Ole a permanent job after 2 months is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how signing 2-3 players will change anything, I just think Ole, just like Moyes is out of his depth and we will waste another year or so with him and more money on players. Real Madrid sacked 2 managers this year and you can be sure they will come back next year much better. Meanwhile we will still be shit giving time to managers who don't deserve it.

Reiver

First half of Ole's reign, I absolutely thought he was up to the task of turning things around. After the second half of his time in charge...I don't know what to think anymore.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Don't want to be overly pessimistic, but reality is that next season will be another wasted one. Ole will more than likely be sacked, 7 years have gone by and we are still licking our wounds from Sir Alex's retirement having not even made 1 step forward since.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I can name multiple football clubs that have done this, but not only that, major cooperations regularly promote from within as they believe maintaining a workplace culture that befits the company is the most important aspect of management. You can learn all the day to day skills on the job, experience is over rated.
We didn't promote from within though. We made a shocking decision based on performances over 2 months and a bit. Plus, given our history of making shit decisions, this is hardly surprising.

RyRy11

That only works when the current culture is positive, which at the present time of looking isn’t.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The club put themselves and Ole in an unnecessary position by appointing him.

Skills

Snitch
A managers job is to organise and motivate. He’s doing neither. Granted that we have some bad apples but the players confidence is on the floor, a big part of his job is to raise them up.
It's the most important part of a modern managers role.

Lee565

So much for trying youth, I'm sure he will give a few a token run out in our last game when there is nothing to play for, even Moyes had the balls to put Januzaj in the 1st team, Solskjear still favouring Young and Matic over youth.

Dr. StrangeHate

Do you feel it would be fair to judge you on your job if you came in to it half way through a project and was given a team of people the previous managers before you had hired, most of which weren't good enough to complete the job, and bearing in mind you would be allowed to bring your own people in at the end of the current project?

Given those circumstances, would you feel it was fair if you were dismissed from your job if the project you were working on didn't finish strongly?
If I wasn't able to do the most basic of tasks (like beating the worst team in the PL for the last ten years) then yes it would be fair I was fired.

Cmz'

Drawing away to Huddersfield has absolutely nothing to do with fitness or player quality, this is solely on him not being a good enough manager

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
While there are concerns over Ole, it shouldn’t take the focus away from how these players were sabotaging the club’s season before he arrived and they’re still doing it quite blatantly today.

crossy1686

career ending
I 100% agree. Our board had the biggest knee jerk reaction out of us all though. Offering Ole a permanent job after 2 months is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how signing 2-3 players will change anything, I just think Ole, just like Moyes is out of his depth and we will waste another year or so with him and more money on players. Real Madrid sacked 2 managers this year and you can be sure they will come back next year much better. Meanwhile we will still be shit giving time to managers who don't deserve it.
But they have Perez who is essentially a sporting director as well as the president. He signs players and gives them to the manager, in the vision of how the club should be, which is why they can sack their managers on a whim. We can't do that because we don't have the structure upstairs to keep swapping managers and direction every 6 months.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I wasn't able to do the most basic of tasks (like beating the worst team in the PL for the last ten years) then yes it would be fair I was fired.
Like he said, you inherited a flawed project so wouldn't be able to fix it immediately. Its a long term fix.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Horrible run of form. I’m not confident about next season at all. Sigh.

passing-wind

Less and less faith in him, should resign towards the seasons end. Irrespective of how bad the squad is how can anyone let alone the board trust Ole with hundreds of millions to build a squad. Absolutely disgraceful

Cmz'

While there are concerns over Ole, it shouldn’t take the focus away from how these players were sabotaging the club’s season before he arrived and they’re still doing it quite blatantly today.
what do these players have to gain at this stage from not performing??

dove

But they have Perez who is essentially a sporting director as well as the president. He signs players and gives them to the manager, in the vision of how the club should be, which is why they can sack their managers on a whim. We can't do that because we don't have the structure upstairs to kep swapping managers and direction every 6 months.
So the alternative to that is keeping clueless managers in job until we literally reach relegation form? We have no structure, we have no planning, we have nothing. Why the club thought giving permanent job to Ole in March was a good idea is beyond me.

bondsname

There is no excuse to struggle against this Huddersfield team. We should beat them comfortably. Ole is not the man for the job.

BlueHaze

If he didn't get appointed earlier he would have never in a million years gotten the job now with this atrocious recent form. Keane is right, the players are going to end up throwing him under the bus.

Dr. StrangeHate

Like he said, you inherited a flawed project so wouldn't be able to fix it immediately. Its a long term fix.
But beating Huddersfield is like filling out a simple excel sheet with regards to the project. You can train a moron to do that if you yourself are semi competent.
Getting back to football, our team isn't as bad as Huddersfield. Our team shouldn't have to struggle to best Huddersfield regardless of manager.

soapythecat

No decent player with any aspiration is going to want to play for him or come to United under the current set up.
Other than winning one of the biggest tin pot leagues in Europe, the only thing he has achieved is getting Cardiff relegated (although I’m told the football was better than this).
Why does anyone think he can turn this around or even build a decent side?

Zoo

I don’t want to hear about how much he loves these players now. Show some steel please.

Aretak

I simply don't buy that this has anything to do with a lack of confidence, at least for most of them. If anything it's too much confidence. A belief that they're way better than they actually are. The amount of them jogging around the pitch and not even putting any effort in today has been absolutely disgraceful. You can say that it's Solskjaer's job to motivate them and talk about his lack of experience, but Jose Mourinho, one of the most decorated and experienced managers on the planet, couldn't motivate these players either. So who could? And at what point does there need to be an acceptance that they're the ones with a problem if they can't motivate themselves to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Drawing away to Huddersfield has absolutely nothing to do with fitness or player quality, this is solely on him not being a good enough manager
Yes no matter how good the players you have are, winning a PL game depends 100% on the guy standing on the touchline. We could have me out there with Guardiola in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.