Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

8 shots on goal vs Southamptons 1. If Rashford was a better finisher none here would be baying at the managers head like a pack of wolves.
Who put all his faith in Rashford.

I don’t see it working out with Ole at all. I don’t even know who the man for the job is anymore. We are such a mess.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
8 shots on goal vs Southamptons 1. If Rashford was a better finisher none here would be baying at the managers head like a pack of wolves.
Ole chose to pin all his hopes on Rashford. Its not even like Rashford missed a clear cut chance either.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I m not going to say I told you so to all the top reds that told me to give him time and that he needs his own team yet.

It is incredibly naive to think a manager of Molde and a failure at Cardiff will be the right man for the job at United. Just look at Liverpool and Man City success as a foundation. They didn’t hire a manager from the MLS or Vietnamese league. They hired a proven manager from a credible league with a progressive philosophy. It is not that hard. One of the answer to solve this problem is Mauricio Pochettino. Our board is incompetent.

Eric's Seagull

OK. Sticking with the thread.
Where is the evidence that Ole is turning it around.
Yes he has been part of a management team that has sold or loaned some of our older or fringe players.
And yes he has signed three tidy players.
But. We are desperately weak in midfield and attack.
But. This is a results business.
And based on results things are getting worse and not better.
Don't think it's Ole's fault we are desperately weak in attack and midfield. I think that is down to Woodward. I don't believe he has given Ole a good enough platform to succeed from and I think Ole will be made the scapegoat if it doesn't all go to plan.

AshRK

Whose job is to make our players play better?

Can Woodward make them play better?

Can a superior coach make what we have play better? There is your answer.
And this is where we disagree,you think any other manager would make mata periera lingard play better I don't. You think manager is to be blamed for everything I don't. The fact that I have not even seen you once question the board is itself astonishing.

AJ10

If Rashford had a strikers instinct then he could have scored with his nose, AWB and James were putting it on the plate for him. Hopefully Martial is back next game, Rashford isn't a striker.

AshRK

I m not going to say I told you so to all the top reds that told me to give him time and that he needs his own team yet.

It is incredibly naive to think a manager of Molde and a failure at Cardiff will be the right man for the job at United. Just look at Liverpool and Man City success as a foundation. They didn’t hire a manager from the MLS or Vietnamese league. They hired a proven manager from a credible league with a progressive philosophy. It is not that hard. One of the answer to solve this problem is Mauricio Pochettino. Our board is incompetent.
Considering you call yourself Poch's mother why don't you ask him to quit spurs and join us. Do you think he will be happy joining this sinking ship?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Get a grip on what? Ignoring problems won’t make them go away.
We’re horrific and he is doing a poor job.
A mid-table squad being coached by amateurs is a recipe for disaster.
Mid-table squad and right this second we're 7th, that's decent!

Just messing, I'm less than impressed.

Lee565

What does Solskjear actually have behind him to back up that he his even better than Keane, Hughes or Bruce, they have all had some slight achievement in English football as a manager where as Solskjear is the opposite with a track record of failure, is it no surprise then that we are in relegation type form.

f_to_z

I was gonna wait until end of season to say this but i might as well say it now. Unfortunately we have officially become the Pre-Klopp-Liverpool.

Just keep on juggling managers, no sense of direction, always thinking its next season, then suddenly we are just an average team that just wants to fight for 4th position but in the end will get 5th-7th each season.

I in nature an optimistic person, but the scenario resemblance had to be pointed out early.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ole chose to pin all his hopes on Rashford. Its not even like Rashford missed a clear cut chance either.
Yeah this is something that I must be missing too. The usual weirdos talk usual shit about 'potential Pogba assist if Rashford...'. I mean, Rashford has been fecking shit, make no mistake, but was there even one situation today where he'd be sent through on goal with a through ball? But I mean on goal, not to one of the corners of the 16th yard box, like through on goal, just a keeper, clear angle and all that funny shit?

I can agree that he should have scored from one of James/AWB crosses, but we don't have a striker who'd score those at our club anyway.

Dan_F

Genuinely feel sorry for him. You can see the stress in his face. He’s not stupid, he knows this squad is dreadful, but he’s clearly not been given the signings he wanted. Either that or he’s incredibly naive thinking that this would produce results.

Eric's Seagull

I was gonna wait until end of season to say this but i might as well say it now. Unfortunately we have officially become the Pre-Klopp-Liverpool.

Just keep on juggling managers, no sense of direction, always thinking its next season, then suddenly we are just an average team that just wants to fight for 4th position but in the end will get 5th-7th each season.

I in nature an optimistic person, but the scenario resemblance had to be pointed out early.
Hurts me to admit this but I think you are right. I think the board are happy just spending what they think will get us to achieve 4th place.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
In current situation a best case scenario is to let him continue until the end of the season but..

- if we don’t start to pick up points then the pressure from media and supporters will give the board no options.
- he look clueless and out of ideas. That’s probably the best indicator about how this is going to end.
- our midfield is non existing. We still continue to play 4231 and that is inexcusable. It’s on Solksjaer.
- we are so thin in midfield and our lack of goal scorer will cost us badly. If Ole Gunnar says in public he’s happy with the squad then he has to accept the blame who comes with our poor results.

I give him a 50% chance to stay the whole season. Two three more draws or losses the next five games and he’s probably out.

Enigma_87

You know who
And this is where we disagree,you think any other manager would make mata periera lingard play better I don't. You think manager is to be blamed for everything I don't. The fact that I have not even seen you once question the board is itself astonishing.
Seriously? I was one of the first that had a go at Woodward from as soon as our first window?

I never said it was not his fault. He is the one who appointed Ole in the first place. He is the one that should take almost all the blame since Fergie retired.

But we can’t sack him can we?

Do I believe we can play better under a better coach - yes.

Woodward being the main culprit doesn’t mean we should keep a nobody in the job that drives us further into mediocrity do you agree?

If you ask me I’d have Woodward axed even before Ole - yes.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Considering you call yourself Poch's mother why don't you ask him to quit spurs and join us. Do you think he will be happy joining this sinking ship?
I believe the ship is moving in position for this and the stars are finally starting to align. It is dependent on Spurs performance this season of course. There are definitely signs that his time at Spurs is coming to an end though.

At the possibility of joining United. It is not a sinking ship. Klopp made changes to Liverpool almost overnight. Pochettino will do the same and will finally have a club that can match his ambition. Hard to see him refusing.

johanovic

This nonsense again. Who do you think spends the fecking money badly? Buying certain players too expensively then not having enough money to get all needed players in a window?
Nonsense? Do you think OGS spent badly this summer? No he bought well but you can hardly build a good side without getting rid of the players we all know were not good enough?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Don't think it's Ole's fault we are desperately weak in attack and midfield. I think that is down to Woodward. I don't believe he has given Ole a good enough platform to succeed from and I think Ole will be made the scapegoat if it doesn't all go to plan.
May not be all the fault of the manager. We will never know.
However, the results are what he is judged by. And they are not accepted for a club like Manchester United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's the one who has built him up. That just makes people question his judgement on some things. Rashford is better out wide with Martial up front,unfortunately Martial is injured, unfortunately because we sold our other striker late and therefore could not replace him, it is where we are.

LJJT

I am a United fan and I know Ole is not the answer. Simple as that.
It’s a game of opinions but whilst he is the manager you and the rest of us need to back him and support him. Slag the board and lack of investment fair enough but he’s been in the job 8 months and had 1 transfer window.

LJJT

We haven’t had a young vibrant coach with fresh ideas and energy. What we’ve had so far is old tired coaches and a complete noob. If we had a Klopp or someone with actual tactical ability to make a team better than the sum of its parts we’d be doing a lot better. Challenging with these players? No but we’d certainly be winning games like today and last week.
But the crux of what your saying is also dependant on new players. Which I agree with.

Dr. StrangeHate

I can't imagine any scenario where the manager would tell Woodward he wants to get rid of players and not replace them with better ones that suit his style. Youth in today's construct isn't the same as it was in the 90s, so you have to have experienced players to move the needle.
I wouldn't be so sure. We have a motto after all: youth courage success.
Why create that if it wasn't our intention to rely on the academy instead of the dross we sold.

lysglimt

Scout
Do you think our problem will disappear if 1 or 2 individual players suddenly go on form? Rashford nor Martial are #9, they only know solo run inside the box, completely incapable of receiving the ball inside the box. There was 1 striker capable of that but Ole sold him. Every ball that we score (including missed) came from opponent making mistake, whether in MF or inside the box. We simply fail to create our own chances.

Whatever problem that Mourinho identified still exist, Ole only manages to fix the CB problem as well as RB. I am not saying Mourinho was fault-less, because he created some of these problems himself.
If Pogba had played close to the best of his ability in these 4 matches - how many Points do you think we would have ? My guess is .. 10 or 12

Kopral Jono

Genuinely feel sorry for him. You can see the stress in his face. He’s not stupid, he knows this squad is dreadful, but he’s clearly not been given the signings he wanted. Either that or he’s incredibly naive thinking that this would produce results.
Yep, on bolded I get the same vibe.

BaneIsPain

Honestly, it does't matter if Ole got sacked. It will be the same cycle repeated as long as Woodward is in charge.
Ole is a scapegoat for the Glazers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wouldn't be so sure. We have a motto after all: youth courage success.
Why create that if it wasn't our intention to rely on the academy instead of the dross we sold.
The motto means feck all if we don't win. With the exception of a couple of one offs, we haven't been particularly youth heavy in a long time. Even the late Fergie era sides bought quality from the outside.

oreon

Without reinforcing the midfield I expected us to struggle this season. In saying Ole hasn't fixed the attack. We know how he wants to play, high press then counter-attack. He had success with it when he took over then teams figured it out. We all expected Ole to implement a system, patterns of play that would enable us to break down teams that are sitting back. This is one Ole. Look at Chelsea, which isn't a great team but have a fluid attack and they have a system.
If Ole can't figure out how to break down teams in open play then he should be fired.
I'm all for backing him, but there has to be a certain level of failure where's he's culpable. Next two months is crucial, if we can only muster 2 or 3 wins, Ole needs to go

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Thing is, I have no idea what else he's supposed to do with the squad he has! It's all very good clamouring for Angel, Chong, Garner, and Greenwood, but to expect them to challenge for top 4 straight away is massively optimistic.

I cannot understand how we didn't bulk up the midfield and attack this past window. I'm all for a measured overhaul, and I don't expect us to be challenging Liverpool or City for the next 3 years, but when you see Leicester getting a free run at Tielemans, and Gomes going to Everton for relative pennies, you wonder how the board expects us to hold of challenges from mid-table teams.

I really like Solskjaer and like a lot of the players in our squad, but we're going to have to accept this season - and potentially more after - will be write offs. There's no way we're catching City and Liverpool with a quick fix, I think we're best off building foundations to challenge once Pep and Klopp move on.

So, for now, Solskjaer is fine at the helm, we're going to finish between 8th-5th which is where we deserve to be finishing right now. But we're a work in progress, let him have a fair crack at it.

prateik

I have no issue with him getting all the blame if we can be fairly certain he has been given some support by the club...

I dont mean sign unrealistic players... but its just weird to have a manager, not back him and let him take the blame when things arent going well.

If it was his call to not sign a midfielder or it was his call to not replace Lukaku , give him time to see if he can integrate the youth.. more than just 4 games.. and then judge him

If he wasnt backed.. and the club is shaping the squad.. clearing out.. stating again.. and just want him to be at the helm during the transition.. I dont know whom to blame.

Its all shit.

Our world class goalkeeper, someone who wants 375k/week, cant play the ball out from the back.. every time he kicks out, he gives it straight to the opposition.

Our world class midfielder.. the most expensive player we have ever signed, keeps dwelling on the ball and loses it in dangerous areas.

that has nothing to do with the manager..

He has been dealt a shit hand..
back him.. and if he fails after that.. sack him..

but blaming the manager all the time and asking for changes just keeps shifting the focus away from Woody..

Keefy18

You're talking shit as usual. He bought replacements by the time he got rid of Mcgrath and Whiteside. Both Bruce and Pallister were bought. Kept Robson while adding McClair and Hughes in attack and so on.

So, no, the rebuilding wasn't done slowly in terms of buying players, nor he only focused on our defence when he took over.

The fact it took a while for him to reach success with the team is totally different matter.
Before you go saying another poster is talking shit, it'd help if you were in anyway correct in your sentiments.

Must of imagined Ole replacing Smalling with Maguire? Darmian was replaced with AWB? James replaced Sanchez.

As for Fergie back in 86, Key word you missed is.... "slowly". I didn't say he done it in his debut transfer window. Over the course of 3-4 years he rid the club of bad apples. That is an absolute feckin fact.

It didn't happen over night, nor will it for Ole and nor does it rarely ever happen for any manager. Jesus, even Pep struggled in his debut season at City and then rid the club of a huge bunch of players that were ageing, under performing and that were over paid.

Reality is this, Ole has bought just the 3 players in and all 3 so far in the 4 games have done good to very good.

The real work is continuing to phase out the bad apples and coach the young lads and improve their games and in turn performances and results.

He's not perfect and yes Ole is making some errors which is to be expected, but sacking him won't fix a damned thing as quickly as our spoiled supporters are demanding them to be.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This is his not his team or players. To be fair, the 3 players purchased under his watch have been our best performers. He has also got rid of certain players fans have been moaning about for a number of years.

Patience with young players and support for the manager would be the right course at the moment. Judge him after a few transfer windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.