Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot believe we’ve f’d this up again.

I’d hoped we’d be patient last season before making a decision on Ole when we were on a good run but Ed couldn’t help himself.

Should’ve taken his time, laid out a clear plan and brought in a DoF.

Then have that DoF help identify a manager and players to execute an attacking way of playing that we can develop year after year.

Ole will inevitably be sacked and we’ll have to start over AGAIN.

When we sacked Jose that was our chance to finally get it right.
Not necessarily, we don't have as much dead wood to clear now. We need to stick to same recruitment going forward and bring in a good coach.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Strange coincidence that the players Ole has signed have been our best performers, whilst the likes of Pogba,

Will be extremely disappointed if he does go, when half the squad dont deserve to to play for such a historic club, and they are the ones out on the pitch!

For years now United has been a dumping ground of talent that are either,
a. not of the standard ( Andreas, Lingard, Jones, Mata, Fred)
b. Just dont really care except for their pay packet (Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku for the more recent).

Atleast Ole see's this and ks trying to rectify the problem, every one of his signings has ever been of a better mentality or exceeding anyones most positve expectations. Obviously, the problem cant be fixed in 1 or 2 windows when half the squad arnt upto it. He deserves the time, and deserves the players he chooses to be off United quality.
Let's be real, we're clutching at straws with statements like this. The whole team has been very average with a few players here and there being decent. Best performer in this shit team is nothing to brag about

izec

Why stick with a manager that will be sacked rather sooner than later anyway? To do even more damage? He is so obviously not up for this job it's almost funny.
A well run club would do this, not United though. We will sack him next season in December while buzzing around the 15th place in the table.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hurts to say, but he's clueless. No excuses today.

Just look how he sat during the pens, the job is too big for him

HowYouDoin

I cant blame anyone because I wanted Ole hired, especially after PSG so I was monumentally wrong. It just seemed like such a no brainer. How did it go so wrong after PSG? Just makes no sense. In any case his transfer strategy proved during the summer that he doesnt know what the hell he is doing. Worse than Moyes, worst manager we ever had. We are probably worst we ever been.

But I wanted it, I supported it so I cant blame anyone. Its my fault too. I wanted ir. We all wanted it, well most of us anyway. We were wrong. We cant just blame the board.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Worst thing is that I believed that whatever happened at least we would be entertaining to watch but I was absolutely wrong

Raw

I genuinely thought he brought us an attacking style of play but it's becoming increasingly clear that he's well out of his depth. It doesn't seem like he has any idea how to coach an attacking pattern let alone a whole game plan.

Eddy_JukeZ

This charade should end here.

Woodward should be relieved of his duties for failing another managerial appointment.

Ole should be sacked asap. No this isn't knee-jerk. We are literally not progressing.

We can't score more than 1 goal. How can people be happy?

NO TEAM IN THE PREM WOULD APPOINT HIM.

Chairman Steve

He just isn’t up to it, but I can’t wait for Gary Neville to tell us otherwise and how we’re dumb to want to sack him.

fergiesarmy1

The look in his eyes during that shootout was a bit sad, looked like he’s thinking about whether he wants it with these clowns.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why stick with a manager that will be sacked rather sooner than later anyway? To do even more damage? He is so obviously not up for this job it's almost funny.
But who is up for this job?

LVG, Jose and now Ole have all failed to get a tune out of these players. What makes you believe anyone can get these lads performing?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Perfect time to step down with a win without embarrassing himself.

Don't care about the lucky result. Enough is enough. The fraud needs to go tonight.

DRM

Genuinely feel sorry for Ole, one of my favourite players when I was young but clearly he's way out of his depth

El Zoido

He’s not great but the players need to do so much better. This team should be able to beat Rochdale without even having a coach ffs. Also you have Mike Phelan running training, a guy who sat next to Fergie’s side for many years. Very naive to think this is all Ole tbh.

Judas

Open to offers
He’s not great but the players need to do so much better. This team should be able to beat Rochdale without even having a coach ffs. Also you have Mike Phelan running training, a guy who sat next to Fergie’s side for many years. Very naive to think this is all Ole tbh.
Phelan is a dinosaur.

Romez

Not necessarily, we don't have as much dead wood to clear now. We need to stick to same recruitment going forward and bring in a good coach.
Mata, Matic, Rojo, Jones, Young, Sanchez and Smalling are only out on loan.

All those need to go and will need replacing.

Personally I’d add Bailly, Pereira and McTominay too but I know that’d be unrealistic.

Terry Kelly

Even against league one Rochdale, who are struggling in League One, still far too much backwards and side to side passing. Incredible really.

Enigma_87

You know who
We should keep him until the next LC game. Proper hilarious trying to break down a League One side who apparently watched all our games and did exactly what the others did, albeit with hugely inferior players. :lol:

pat dunne

The worst manager employed so far since Fergie, including Moyes. Well done. Maybe for the next manager we can appoint someone not from the Norwegian league.
Ole is fully to blame in his choice of coaching staff who are clearly not fit for purpose and who are behind this nonsense of a British core. All should be fired by 9am tomorrow morning. We are amateur hour and a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.