Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

Good job calling the mods useless, I'm sure that will go down well
If calling Ole a “cretin” is to go unchecked (and this sort of thing has for a while now) then constructive criticism of the dogshit moderating should be equally valued.

Smores

Get a manager in who actually knows what they're doing and I'm all for giving them several seasons. You don't just give unlimited time to pot shots like Moyes and Ole.

0le

If the club was well run for the previous six years, we would have sacked him. But with the state of the club, the recruitment or lack thereof and the inonsistency and/or lack of quality in the team, sacking the manager won't really achieve a great deal at this stage.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If he had never played for us there would be a lot more people wanting him gone, and I get that. Sometimes you have to think with your head though. He's not going to succeed here.

PoTMS

How long did he get at Cardiff? If Ole was at at any other big club bar Arsenal, he'd be gone by now.

Tapori

Yeah proper knee jerk after a few crap results. Or is it 20 odd? I've lost count.
If we're still playing shite come the end of the season with a full strength squad then I'll acknowledge that he hasn't done well.
It's a 2 year job minimum.
At least he's now playing the youngsters.
If he continues to play Matic twice a week then I will happily concede the point you're making.

At the moment tactically, the problem is the absolute fear the team has, confidence wise, to PLAY the ball in the final third between lines.
The passing was crisper side to side probing the wings and when we got the goal the lads became braver in their final third play.
If you keep redecorating your house with different builders you'll end up where we are now.
And by the way, I was happy to back LVG and Mourinho but not Moyes.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm not so sure how to feel about his managerial stint anymore.

On one hand I can't really blame him for our players missing absolute sitters - which had we converted, we would have won the game comfortably and we would have been 2nd or 3rd in the league. On the other hand, this has been going for far too long. I wonder are we even doing finishng practice!

The biggest issue is our squad depth. Sure we've cleared out deadwood but we haven't bought in anyone to replace them. So now our squad is just half of deadwood which is worse in a way. Out of form deadwood players have to play no matter what, unlike earlier when these players could have been replaced by another deadwood player but enjoying some luck on the pitch

edgecutter

The entitlement reeks of desperation in here haha!

OLE OUT!

New manager bounce - results get poor

NEW MANAGER OUT!

Rinse and Repeat.

Too many of you have been blessed by good results and it shows.

God forbid anyone of you supported Liverpool the last decade or so....mid table fodder and an almost there team...change manager and what’dya know have him time instead of keep changing the manager and now one of the two best teams in the country.

Some of you guys don’t deserve to be called “fans” - a fan supports the team through thick and thin, no matter how long the poor results go you should always support the team. I bet most of you would stop supporting us if we ever got relegated!

Disgusting.
It's fine to feel that way, but many of us can see where this headed. The football isn't even enjoyable and there is very little to get excited about with this United team. We are struggling to score goals and it seems that we are headed to our worst league finish if this continues. Woodward is a major issue, but Ole isn't helping himself with his tactics and game management.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s here for the long haul. Quite rightly, too. Get used to it. The playing squad is very poor, albeit the last few performances have been terrible, injuries notwithstanding.

Hopefully the (largely hopeless) moderators on this forum will clamp down on the unnecessary personal abuse directed at a club legend. It’s terrible in some instances.
What in the name of Zeus’ giant ballsack has he done to deserve such unwavering support?

We have been diabolical since fecking Match!!

SAFMUTD

Our football is less entertaining than under Mourinho, of course you can blame him.
I thought it wqs pretty clear I was being sarcastic...of course is Ole’s fault. He is way way out of his depth, low league manager, no style, no tactics, pure shit.

Castia

Supported him all the way and this is my first negative post on Ole....

Its not looking good is it. I can see his vision for players, he’s trimmed the squad down and wants to rebuild from scratch and for the first time in years it looks like we have a plan in place in terms of rebuilding the side..

But fecking hell everything on the pitch is absolutely dire. The tactics aren’t working, there’s no style of play and I don’t know what the fecks going on with fitness but like last season after he took over the players already look shot, they’re run into the ground after 10 games played.

I tell you what we’re finishing 10th this season, maybe lower. There’s nothing to suggest we’re putting a run together, infact it’s getting worse.

Eddy_JukeZ

I said that at the time. People disagreed on here.
Literally as soon as Phelan replaced Quieroz, our football under SAF started to get worse.

He's a dinosaur.

He should be sacked when Ole is.

Carrick and McKenna can go too.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He’s here for the long haul. Quite rightly, too. Get used to it. The playing squad is very poor, albeit the last few performances have been terrible, injuries notwithstanding.

Hopefully the (largely hopeless) moderators on this forum will clamp down on the unnecessary personal abuse directed at a club legend. It’s terrible in some instances.
Utter delusion. Ole the legend is a different entity to Ole the manager. People should be able to separate the two. He's a fraud as a manager. Hope he's gone tonight.

Kag

I remember people defending Moyes, LVG and Jose too. Good times
I’m not defending that performance. But I’m still prepared to wait out the season. I certainly didn’t defend Mourinho and Moyes either. But this squad is seriously poor and Ole needs time to sort it out.

We have one good midfielder at the club. There isn’t a manager around that can guarantee the sort of creativity we clearly want to see.

pat dunne

He will always be a club legend. He should never have been the club manager at least not until he had proven himself somewhere .

Lets remind you that Ole decided to sell a player who scored 28 goals 2 seasons ago to be replaced by the hugely overrated Rashford and the hugely lazy Martial .
He will be gone by mid November by which time we will be nearer the bottom of the league than the top

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustInOle

Let's be real, we're clutching at straws with statements like this. The whole team has been very average with a few players here and there being decent. Best performer in this shit team is nothing to brag about
I didnt mean it to come out as bragging on Ole's behalf, more towards the hope he may have better recruiting talent than his predecessors and thats something that will need time.

JustAGuest

The fans were still chanting his name at the end of today's game. It's a strange bunch on here that resort to personal abuse, I don't really get it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Come on, they're not the worst footballers in the world are they? Shall we just fold the club then if nobody else can get us playing any better?
Answer this question honestly.

Of the following players, how many would be automatic starters for the top 10 clubs in the PL?

Chong, Periera, Lingard, Matic, Young, Mata and Fred. All of whom have started their fair share of games this season (injuries have contributed somewhat, admittedly) and will continue to do so for the remainder of the season.

Kag

Utter delusion. Ole the legend is a different entity to Ole the manager. People should be able to separate the two. He's a fraud as a manager. Hope he's gone tonight.
And calling him a “cretin” remains the mark of a wanker. That isn’t separating the two. It’s just being a bellend.

Lee565

How can we plan for a 3 year rebuild if all players and team aren't improving under Solskjear, fans do realise you actually have to have a good manager in charge to complete a successful rebuild?

Zoo

This is so tough. Ole please resign if you feel the job is beyond you.

dove

The entitlement reeks of desperation in here haha!

OLE OUT!

New manager bounce - results get poor

NEW MANAGER OUT!

Rinse and Repeat.

Too many of you have been blessed by good results and it shows.

God forbid anyone of you supported Liverpool the last decade or so....mid table fodder and an almost there team...change manager and what’dya know have him time instead of keep changing the manager and now one of the two best teams in the country.

Some of you guys don’t deserve to be called “fans” - a fan supports the team through thick and thin, no matter how long the poor results go you should always support the team. I bet most of you would stop supporting us if we ever got relegated!

Disgusting.
:lol: We should just be happy seeing clueless manager in charge and enjoy the ride I suppose. We have absolutely the worst manager in the league but it’s all good, we are entitled for expecting better from the club constantly calling itself as the “biggest club in the world”.

KennyBurner

It's not that I want him to stay, I don't know what to do.
I feel like if these results continue with both martial and Pogba back in the team he should be fired. Its so obvious Martial and Pogba make up our attack which is currently clueless without them. as much as I want to blame him for being clueless any manager would find it hard playing with Lingard as the main 10. A supporting cast of periera and chong only makes it worse.

PeteManic

It seems to me that they gave Ole the contract as they must have found out that there was no one else to take the job that summer.

You think that Maguire, AWB, if not James as well, were not already in motion as summer signings before Ole's permanent contract?

If Spurs have a bad season, and Poch doesn't fancy it anymore (which is very likely to happen) then United should jump at the chance of taking Poch. I'd say they knew he wasn't intent on leaving Spurs this past summer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I didnt mean it to come out as bragging on Ole's behalf, more towards the hope he may have better recruiting talent than his predecessors and thats something that will need time.
AWB and Maguire doing well isn't a real surprise because they were already in the PL so the chances of them adapting well were high (of course you could use the Schneiderlin example but still, I think the point still stands). He only truly deserves credit for James for me.

el3mel

Mate you can review the first 2 months of each of our signings in the last 5 years and you'll see they were great too. Darmian won POTM in his first month, Lukaku and Matic were machines that were supposed to fix all our problems after their first 2 months, Bailly was rock solid and our future in defense after his first few months, Di Maria, Blind, Depay, etc, etc.

Nep77

Phelan should never have been brought back.

Another stupid decision from the board.
Extending beyond end of last season was pure sentimental. You are appointing a manager who doesn't particularly excel in training ground work and keeping Phelan who is very similar was amateurish and emotional decision. Adding to that we have Carrick who has no experience in coaching at any level.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

You're one weird poster.

Judas

Open to offers
How can we plan for a 3 year rebuild if all players and team aren't improving under Solskjear, fans do realise you actually have to have a good manager in charge to complete a successful rebuild?
This point is completely lost on the OLE IN crowd. Imagine basing our entire rebuild around him as our manager, it's bonkers, it was always bonkers and it continues to be bonkers.

Enigma_87

You know who
TBH, all those finding all sorts of excuses for him really deserve to go through 3-4 years of this. Nothing teaches better than experience.

HowYouDoin

He's getting sacked before May 110%.
Yup. Imagine losing 3 or 4 more games in the next 10 games. A fairly reasonable scenario. We look average vs mid table teams. If it happens, he is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If we're still playing shite come the end of the season with a full strength squad then I'll acknowledge that he hasn't done well.
It's a 2 year job minimum.
Who is coming back into to the team that is going to make such a big difference?

At least he's now playing the youngsters.
I'd say only Greenwood looks semi good enough. Chong & Gomes don't look ready to me at all. He's only playing them because the transfer window went to shit, again.
If he continues to play Matic twice a week then I will happily concede the point you're making.
I actually think he will.

If you keep redecorating your house with different builders you'll end up where we are now.
And if you let a severely under qualified builder do some work on your home for a year just because you knew him in College then I would love to see the state of your house at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.