g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can’t be arsed finding the right thread but isn’t it mad how players like Bailly were considered to be of if the the most promising young players in the world, come here and they’re considered dog shit. What happens?

Bojan11

We reach a new low every week. Surprised so many thought the relegation battle thread was a joke or a WUM, we are in serious trouble, way more than ever before. Our manager is deluded beyond belief, same as some of our fanbase and club. Someone needs to wake up quickly.
Exactly.

Need to get Martial back and push Pogba behind him because besides that I don’t know where the goals are coming from.

Inter Yer Nan

I love Ole but it's the worst we've been in over 30 years, it's the worst football we've played and we are regressing and standards are dropping. You get a Cardiff City relegation level manager and you sort of should expect these things. That relegation was not a fluke.

Jezpeza

I want to stick with Ole but he needs to not give press conferences like this. Just come out and say we weren't good enough today. ‘If we get our penalty then we win 1-0’. We didn't. Irrelevant. Should have won from open play, was the gameplan to get a penalty? Bit bizarre

Tom Van Persie

No relation
99% of the fans on here wanted him and bit the head off anyone who disagreed.
Giddy fans who were happy to see a club legend doing well as manager after an awful few months under Mourinho. Woodward and the board should've remained level headed and stuck to their original plan. It just shows how incompetent they are that they caved in to pressure from the outside.

SGA

What an embarrassing interview for a Manchester United manager to make. No way should our manager be saying he is pleased with a performance when we have no shots on goal. He is deluded and is embarrassing the club. Time to go now.

Infra-red

Can’t be arsed finding the right thread but isn’t it mad how players like Bailly were considered to be of if the the most promising young players in the world, come here and they’re considered dog shit. What happens?
Crap coaching from successive managers who were either past it, or never up to it.

It's really not that difficult to maintain some semblance of performance when you have the kind of resources at your disposal that United do. Hire a few competent people in key positions and throw a bit of money around and you're fine. We have just been criminally mismanaged.

Lee565

what makes ole better than Giggs or Keane as our manager and would anyone thinking with their head want these two in charge of United?

All we to go one with Ole being successful is just words, there is no solid evidence to back him up.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Results will dictates his future. Progress or not. Another 8-10 weeks like this and he’s gone. 100%.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Results will dictates his future. Progress or not. Another 8-10 weeks like this and he’s gone. 100%.

Infra-red

99% of the fans on here wanted him and bit the head off anyone who disagreed.
We probably needed to get this club legend/Fergie acolyte shite out of our system at some point. We nearly went down that road with Giggs a few times, strongly encouraged by a vocal minority of fans.

The experiment will come to an end at some point in the next 6 months - hopefully the club comes out the other side in a reasonable state.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Giddy fans who were happy to see a club legend doing well as manager after an awful few months under Mourinho. Woodward and the board should've remained level headed and stuck to their original plan. It just shows how incompetent they are that they caved in to pressure from the outside.
Think most people thought he had earned the job, but a lot of us had doubts at the back of minds that unless he was properly backed it could go wrong. The fact that as soon as he signed that contract it all went downhill realised those fears. There is nobody running this club with the knowledge to make good footballing decisions and as you say as quite happy to go with the flow coming from ex-players.

Strats

I really don't want to start to dislike him, but with interviews like these he's making it very hard not to.

Idxomer

His post-match comments indicate someone living in the bizarro world.

Same with people thinking he and his coaching team will be any good for the long term.

slored1

Why didn't we wait until the end of the season. Literally the stupidest thing we could have done was when we gave him the job directly after two straight losses with dreadful performances. Feck this board, this clueless staff, these players, we've fallen so low that I'm afraid even in three-four years we won't pick ourselves up from where we are now.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Media and pundits were all over it too. What else has Solskjaer got to do to get the job. The atmosphere was quite intense.

I also was quite happy when he got the gig. Even today i respect him for trying to be positive in public, something Mourinho didn't and got crucified for.

No results, style of play has become a travesty, United aren't getting many goals anymore.
Very difficult decision for Woodward ahead.

Fooza

Ole, 10 away games without the win, what's the reason?

Well...today is because of the decision of the referee and we'd be sat here smiling :houllier:

Give it a rest Ole, we ain't mugs.

Schneckerl

Just hindsight bias.

It's obvious how this forum would look like if they decided not to give a permanent contract to Ole and go with a different manager who - let's be really - wouldn't get any spectacular results with this squad either. Had to try the former legend experiment once and it was the right time.

DomesticTadpole

Media and pundits were all over it too. What else has Solskjaer got to do to get the job. The atmosphere was quite intense.

I also was quite happy when he got the gig. Even today i respect him for trying to be positive in public, something Mourinho didn't and got crucified for.

No results, style of play has become a travesty, United aren't getting many goals anymore.
Very difficult decision for Woodward ahead.
Let's see what happens against Newcastle, it might be good. If not then I am dreading the Liverpool game.

Lee565

All the fans still wanting to stick with Ole, ask yourself would another premier league side touch him? Hell would a championship side touch him, why was it after failing with Cardiff he went back to Norway for an easy ride, either he couldn't find a club better than molde to hire him or he avoided going out of his comfort zone?

Makaveli1

he said he's happy with the squad. that means one of two things: either he can't see what's staring him in the face or he's lying to us. neither is acceptable to me. Also talks about attacking football but plays defensive dross, no vision. Also keeps picking rashy n lingy undeservedly. For those reasons I'd appoint a better manager if one came available.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Think most people thought he had earned the job, but a lot of us had doubts at the back of minds that unless he was properly backed it could go wrong. The fact that as soon as he signed that contract it all went downhill realised those fears. There is nobody running this club with the knowledge to make good footballing decisions and as you say as quite happy to go with the flow coming from ex-players.
I'm the same. I thought he earned it and I even said all summer that I felt he deserved a fair chance at it despite others slating him for the form towards the end of last season but safe to say now that he's nowhere near good enough and needs to go. A director of football is needed and should've been put in place after we sacked Mourinho. We have no direction.

DomesticTadpole

I'm the same. I thought he earned it and I even said all summer that I felt he deserved a fair chance at it despite others slating him for the form towards the end of last season but safe to say now that he's nowhere near good enough and needs to go. A director of football is needed and should've been put in place after we sacked Mourinho. We have no direction.
Without a football man to make decisions we are screwed. They are sanctioning the coaching staff as well, who are also part of the problem and that particular problem is getting bigger by the day as Ole brings in more of his men.

IrishMcD

Anyone seen his quote post match about ROJO?????? Jesus wept, he has fully lost the plot. Basically said it's great to see ROJO getting fitter and fitter because he is a top class player. He says it after THAT performance.

Alabaster Codify7

Look, doesn't matter what you think about Ole In/Out - the following cannot be denied.

IMAGINE Jose Mourinho overseeing this run since Ole was made permanent, and the absolute fecking pelters he would be getting from the media? Just imagine it. OGS is absolutely spawny in terms of being so fortunate to be a renowned 'nice guy' and not a player that divided crowds because he would be torn to shreds by the media, here. Let's think about an actual confrontation that might take place and probably did, under Jose:

JOURNO: - "Jose, previously you pointed towards your players being unfit and unable to play a fast, pressing style. You said this would change and your priority was to produce a United team that would top the league in terms of running, fitness and pressing. Can you explain why your players look so lethargic so early into the season and why so many muscular injuries are occurring?"

Or what about:

JOURNO: - "Jose, during the summer you mentioned that MUFC was all about attacking football and this was something you want to make the centre-piece of your United team. Well, tonight you didn't have a single shot on target against AZ Alkmaar and you haven't score more than one goal since the opening day of the season. Not to mention, you've scored 11 goals only in 10 games. This doesnt seem like attacking football, to me?"

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let's see what happens against Newcastle, it might be good. If not then I am dreading the Liverpool game.
Scouse will give us a good hiding, they're a world class side atm. Even Klopp couldn't prevent a loss against a Leicester side in full flow at the beginning.

Solskjaer hasn't found the right team and dynamics yet, furthermore the team has been crippled by injuries. The million dollar question is when will things start to get better? The next few weeks could be brutal, i expect more losses. Not very hopeful against Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.