Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Un4givableB

Some of you lot have completely lost the plot

The team has achieved almost the same amount of points in the league over the sa.e amount of games between Ole and Jose.

ITS NOT THE MANAGER

The squad is threadbare. The veteran players are past it. The kids are young. And we have no proven goalscorer. What do you expect? We are in for some long years. Clearly ole has a plan to go forward. They buys have been good. The culture and playing style of the youth team has been good. The time now is to back him heavily in the next 2 or 3 transfer windows and see what that gets us. We aren't going to be Top 4 this season. The squad isn't good enough. We needed to sign a Dybala and Fernandes but we didnt and now we are going to struggle. It's time you come to terms with that.
HE WAS HAPPY WITH HIS SQUAD.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Look, doesn't matter what you think about Ole In/Out - the following cannot be denied.

IMAGINE Jose Mourinho overseeing this run since Ole was made permanent, and the absolute fecking pelters he would be getting from the media? Just imagine it. OGS is absolutely spawny in terms of being so fortunate to be a renowned 'nice guy' and not a player that divided crowds because he would be torn to shreds by the media, here. Let's think about an actual confrontation that might take place and probably did, under Jose:

JOURNO: - "Jose, previously you pointed towards your players being unfit and unable to play a fast, pressing style. You said this would change and your priority was to produce a United team that would top the league in terms of running, fitness and pressing. Can you explain why your players look so lethargic so early into the season and why so many muscular injuries are occurring?"

Or what about:

JOURNO: - "Jose, during the summer you mentioned that MUFC was all about attacking football and this was something you want to make the centre-piece of your United team. Well, tonight you didn't have a single shot on target against AZ Alkmaar and you haven't score more than one goal since the opening day of the season. Not to mention, you've scored 11 goals only in 10 games. This doesnt seem like attacking football, to me?"
Good questions, somebody should actually ask him that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Persisting with Rashford to take FKs, specially ones that are placed in tough angles says it all about Ole's incompetence. It's a little example that illustrates him, completely clueless

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

The team has achieved almost the same amount of points in the league over the sa.e amount of games between Ole and Jose.

ITS NOT THE MANAGER

The squad is threadbare. The veteran players are past it. The kids are young. And we have no proven goalscorer. What do you expect? We are in for some long years. Clearly ole has a plan to go forward. They buys have been good. The culture and playing style of the youth team has been good. The time now is to back him heavily in the next 2 or 3 transfer windows and see what that gets us. We aren't going to be Top 4 this season. The squad isn't good enough. We needed to sign a Dybala and Fernandes but we didnt and now we are going to struggle. It's time you come to terms with that.
Give it a brake will you. Its not the manager..
It was the manager when we played well in those first games that landed him the job though wasnt it? How come he cant get the team to play like that again? Thats what got him the job, and he had a full transfer window to add to that squad get his fitness levels bollocks up too didn't he? It is the manager.. he is no where near good enough. We look shit even compared to Moyes.

MooseTheMooche

This guy is completely clueless, and on top of that he is all talk and no action. When he took over he was saying how he wants his team to be the hardest working team in the league, yet I see the exact same bullshit week in week out. The players are extremely sloppy, and they feck up the simplest of things. Scousers are going to put 6 past this team without shifting into the second gear, we are that under coached.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he comes out and says games like today were a "good performance"

You can say that maybe when the team isn't quite at it but when you have one mess of a 90 minutes after another and certain players blatantly taking the piss, you just can't say things like this.

He is telling everyone that no matter how bad it gets he isn't going to try and do anything about it.

Rashford is still shooting from freekicks close to the touchline. Matic is still being picked despite clearly not giving a feck. Players are just token pressing opposition players. We get a corner and take it short with no plan. Our playmaking players deliberately ignore easy forward passes over and over. We clearly do not practice basic game situations or organisation.

There are some players giving their all but there are also numerous aspects to our performances which are completely unacceptable for any level of professional team. We look more like a bunch of lads having a kickabout in the playground than a professional sports outfit.

A coach with half a clue could make immediate noticeable improvements to this team by just fixing very simple problems and demanding some kind of minimum standard in terms of in game discipline

fergiesarmy1

That's 0.86 goals per game and 0.71 if we ignored the Chelsea game :lol:.

Oh dear.
At what point are we blaming the players for the inability to score a goal or 2.

Our most expensive player hasn’t scored a goal from open play since the middle of February, I’m sure I’d fluke one in during that time given his lack of defensive responsibilities.

Isn’t James our top scorer this season? The guys on any contract over £100k a week should be but won’t be ashamed of themselves.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Part of me wonders how he would have fared as a DOF rather than a manager here.

The only aspect of his reign I particularly like so far has been the apparent shift in emphasis away from high-profile big names and instead towards targeting players who fit a certain vision of what the club should be. Also, selling players who some would argue would be useful in the short term because they don't fit that long term plan. It's nice to see someone at least trying to approach things with some sort of longer term vision, even if the summer actually saw us fail to do enough to implement that vision.

Unfortunately when it comes to actually managing the team he has been far too poor for someone whose actual job is to manage the team.

rotherham_red

It's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he comes out and says games like today were a "good performance"

You can say that maybe when the team isn't quite at it but when you have one mess of a 90 minutes after another and certain players blatantly taking the piss, you just can't say things like this.

He is telling everyone that no matter how bad it gets he isn't going to try and do anything about it.

Rashford is still shooting from freekicks close to the touchline. Matic is still being picked despite clearly not giving a feck. Players are just token pressing opposition players. We get a corner and take it short with no plan. Our playmaking players deliberately ignore easy forward passes over and over. We clearly do not practice basic game situations or organisation.

There are some players giving their all but there are also numerous aspects to our performances which are completely unacceptable for any level of professional team. We look more like a bunch of lads having a kickabout in the playground than a professional sports outfit.

A coach with half a clue could make immediate noticeable improvements to this team by just fixing very simple problems and demanding some kind of minimum standard in terms of in game discipline
Who are the alternatives though? We don't have many options in midfield, especially when Pogba is unavailable. He maybe could have picked Garner, but we'd then have had a spine which was and is massively inexperienced. The onus was on the experienced guys to guide the kids through, and they badly failed.

I feel for Ole right now, and truth be told I'm resigned to him eventually getting the sack at some point soon, but make no mistake, no manager would do much better with such a poor and not fit for purpose squad.

Un4givableB

No he wasn’t, he just said that in the media. Do you think it would encourage 3 young strikers if Ole threw his toys out in public ala Jose?
Calling Ole a liar? How dear you.

If not then he should be pressuring Woodard into getting him more players, privately & publicly, you can publicly pressure your owners without going full Jose.
Good managers do it all the time but he's not a good manager, so the point is moot. :(

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Calling Ole a liar? How dear you.

If not then he should be pressuring Woodard into getting him more players, privately & publicly, you can publicly pressure your owners without going full Jose.
Good managers do it all the time but he's not a good manager, so the point is moot. :(
Yes. You can put pressure on the board without going full Jose. Poch did it all the time before last summer.

Kemizee

ITS NOT THE MANAGER

Oh, how I wish we bought them at least to enable us register a shot on target against AZ Alkmaar the Champions of Europe.

ArjenIsM3

Who are the alternatives though? We don't have many options in midfield, especially when Pogba is unavailable. He maybe could have picked Garner, but we'd then have had a spine which was and is massively inexperienced. The onus was on the experienced guys to guide the kids through, and they badly failed.

I feel for Ole right now, and truth be told I'm resigned to him eventually getting the sack at some point soon, but make no mistake, no manager would do much better with such a poor and not fit for purpose squad.
I feel the same way. I never thought Ole would be a world beater but I thought and hoped the results would be good enough to buy him some time and get another transfer window to transform the squad, but I don't think he will.

Jaap

He has been worse than Moyes, and I thought that would be literally impossible to be achieved.
Moyes: 51 games: 27-9-15; 52.94%
Solskjær: 39 games: 20-8-11; 51.28%

Yes, he is.
It’s scary how similar some of the results to Moyes have been: Olympiacos/PSG, Bayern/Barcelona.

matt23

One thing that's really starting to take its toll on my mental health whilst watching us this season is this fake 'pressing' we do. Whoever's upfront will invariably attampt to charge down their GK or defender on the ball while the rest of the team either ball watch stand still or attempt to half arsedly join the press, this results in the opposition almost always having a man free to pass to, which makes it incredibly easy for opponents to find their way out.

Its something that's been winding me up for weeks now. Oh and set pieces..

None of it screams well coached team.

ayushreddevil9

Yes, he is.
It’s scary how similar some of the results to Moyes have been: Olympiacos/PSG, Bayern/Barcelona.
Its clear that the initial good form was new manager bounce. Take that out and Moyes's record was miles better.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Its clear that the initial good form was new manager bounce. That shouldn't really be considered anymore. Take that out and Moyes's record was miles better.
People keep telling us he should be judged only since he became official manager or even this season which makes it way way worse.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If we don’t win at Newcastle I think I’ll be Ole out unfortunately.

Lovely guy but I think that’s the only reason he’s still in a job. There’s literally zero cohesion, planning or tactics. Ive seen absolutely no progression. It’s a no brainer once you remove emotion from it.

ayushreddevil9

People keep telling us he should be judged only since he became official manager or even this season which makes it way way worse.
It's relegation form mate. But we need better players according to some

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Lovely guy but I think that’s the only reason he’s still in a job. There’s literally zero cohesion, planning or tactics. Ive seen absolutely no progression. It’s a no brainer once you remove emotion from it.
If you take out the fact he ever played for us and was just another foreign manager literally everyone would want him gone now no matter how nice he is.

Jaap

what a shite manager
I‘ll be surprised if he‘s not gone after our October games:

06/10: Newcastle (a) PL
20/10: Liverpool (h) PL
24/10: Partizan (a) EL
27/10: Norwich (a) PL
30/10: Chelsea (a) CC
02/11: Bournemouth (a) PL
07/11: Partizan (h) EL
10/11: Brighton (h) PL

We have eight games 35 days.

el3mel

Yes, he is.
It's 19-9-11 for Ole. 48% win percentage.

14 out if those wins came when he was a caretaker manager.

Since getting the job he had 5 wins only in 20 matches (Arsenal and Wolves cup game losses were before him getting appointed permanently).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They won't sack him, what's the point? To be back to square one with another manager not getting the required results out of this bang average squad?

Let him continue to clear the deadwood and recruit smartly, this is why he is here.

Alabaster Codify7

It's relegation form mate. But we need better players according to some
We do need better players but the ones we have are better than the last team AZ played and I bet they had at least one shot on target against them. You don't need world class players to perform the basics of football and shoot on target,if you did the bottom PL clubs wouldn't score a goal all season long.

This team is not being coached anywhere near well enough.

varga92

Yes, he is.
That's wrong. Ole has 19-9-11; 48.72%.

And he has only 1.48 goals per match. Also the worst in the post-Fergie era.

Last edited:

Jaap

It's 19-9-11. 48% win percentage.
Just checked it again, he‘s indeed won 20 games.

Rochdale
Astana
Leicester
Chelsea
West Ham
Watford
PSG
Southampton
Crystal Palace
Chelsea
Fulham
Leicester
Arsenal
Brighton
Spurs
Reading
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Huddersfield
Cardiff

RooneyLegend

The man had at least 75 million and 300 k a week in wages to use(dybala money) and yet he couldn't find a productive way to use those resources. We simply expect too much from our managers and in an era where the training ground means alot more tban in the past its almost impossible.

el3mel

Just checked it again, he‘s indeed won 20 games.

Rochdale
Astana
Leicester
Chelsea
West Ham
Watford
PSG
Southampton
Crystal Palace
Chelsea
Fulham
Leicester
Arsenal
Brighton
Spurs
Reading
Newcastle
Bournemouth
Huddersfield
Cardiff
Rochdale is supposed to be a draw.

ayushreddevil9

We do need better players but the ones we have are better than the last team AZ played and I bet they had at least one shot on target against them. You don't need world class players to perform the basics of football and shoot on target,if you did the bottom PL clubs wouldn't score a goal all season long.

This team is not being coached anywhere near well enough.
Of course we need better players but some saying that no manager can get this lot performing and that too against the likes of Rochdale, Astana and AZ is beyond ridiculous.

RooneyLegend

The biggest issue with him is he seems to be completely unaware of the quality of player needed to get where we want to be. Which is strange because he himself played in teams filled to the brim with quality.

Managers of other top sides are ruthless with players who dont cut the grade or at the very least dont look like they have the potential to do so. Here we keep inept players forever and even give them new contracts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Pretty much.

I desperately want to give him more time but it just doesn’t seem logical. Yes our squad isn’t brilliant but it’s better than what we’re showing. Basically every team we’ve played recently has outplayed us.

We rely on individual quality moments and penalties.

I feel that Woodward really wants to give him a long haul chance, but I just don’t see any positives for ole to carry on.

he really needs martial back. It’s all gone to pot since his injury.

ayushreddevil9

People are underestimating the fact that how easy it was for Ole to step in after Jose. Jose left creating such a negative and toxic atmosphere that literally anyone would have stepped in and even saying a "Good morning" would have been positive. All he had to do was to talk up United and keep a smiling face. Not to mention the new manager bounce helping him to such extent even he wouldn't have imagined.

The more time he spent with the squad, more shite the performances turned into. Only because he is a beloved United legend, people are letting emotions cloud their judgement. He wouldn't have survived if not for his past connections. The likes of Neville would be tearing him apart in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.