Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Exactly. And if the player continues to ignore instructions, then you need to follow up with actions. Tuchel couple of times has shown how simple actions can effect football matches and teams. He took out to Hudson Odoi against Southampton after 30 minutes because his attitude and energy was not right. He subbed out Mount & brought in Kante at half time against Spurs to signal to his team that they needed to work harder. When words fail, any manager worth his salt should be prepared to follow through with actions. Otherwise, you establish a culture where mediocrity is tolerated.
I think Ole is scared to get into confrontations as somewhere he lacks belief in his own abilities as a manager.
Ole is hesitant to make bold changes during a game unless they are forced upon him through injury. I actually thought the 532 was working last night even though they lost a goal. He could have switched Shaw to CB and brought on Telles. Pogba should been hooked at halftime, maybe Rashford for Cavani too. Too many times it feels like Utd persist with the same bad game plan and hope for a piece of magic. The team-play is generally very poor with a back 4.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Exactly. And if the player continues to ignore instructions, then you need to follow up with actions. Tuchel couple of times has shown how simple actions can effect football matches and teams. He took out to Hudson Odoi against Southampton after 30 minutes because his attitude and energy was not right. He subbed out Mount & brought in Kante at half time against Spurs to signal to his team that they needed to work harder. When words fail, any manager worth his salt should be prepared to follow through with actions. Otherwise, you establish a culture where mediocrity is tolerated.
I think Ole is scared to get into confrontations as somewhere he lacks belief in his own abilities as a manager.
Couldn't have said it better. Decisions like these help everyone, the player who is underperforming, his teammates, the team in general.

rooneyberbatov

Can't believe he's more hesitant when it comes to substitutions that Jose. We'll keep losing points due to his stubbornness and inability to make changes.

romufc

He has no clue what he is doing and it blatantly obvious.

He is scared of his players and the personalities in the dressing room, which is why Pogba is continuously picked despite showing he cannot play that role.

If he drops him, he knows Pogba or his agent will say something and Ole does not want that.

Rather keep Sancho, Donny on the bench, the safer option.

I am at a point where I get angry when I see his face, everytime he speaks.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

He is scared of his players and the personalities in the dressing room, which is why Pogba is continuously picked despite showing he cannot play that role.

If he drops him, he knows Pogba or his agent will say something and Ole does not want that.

Sorry to hear that. May I recommend therapy?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How long is he going to be allowed to keep embarrassing us?
He'll only be like Michael Jordan if we actually win something. Jordan was great, but as has been mentioned he had one of the greatest coaches ever. In a way Ole doesn't recognise this and it just proves he thinks if you throw enough good players out there you might get something out of a game.

R'hllor

Its actually funny when it comes to Sancho and VDB, they are two out of few that came from teams that actually play football and there is some vision/idea behind it. Wondering if Sancho looked around and thought, what the feck is this, great players and all but holy hell.

Born2Lose

I think the pressure is too much now for him and the coaching staff, they are completely lost with baffling team selections and a tangible feeling of panic in terms of substitutions.

He'll not pull it back from here and it's best they all leave as soon as possible.

It's funny because I was worried I'd lose the respect I have for him as a footballer if he failed but I don't. At the end of the day he's just a guy trying his best who is out of his depth and that's not something to dislike someone for.

The-Natural

Didn't have to be this way. There was sufficient evidence last year that Ole had hit his ceiling and it was time to look elsewhere, you know, like any other major club with high ambitions would do. Reputation/status more or less intact and a general feeling of decent job done all things considered.

Instead on he stayed with a daft new 3 year deal granted to him and his weaknesses just get more and more exposed with the things he says in press conferences getting more and more nonsensical to the point where a club legend is just now held in contempt by a lot of the fans. It's a real shame as will be harder to see him in years to come and not think MORON as much as we are all forever grateful for that goal.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I think the pressure is too much now for him and the coaching staff, they are completely lost with baffling team selections and a tangible feeling of panic in terms of substitutions.

He'll not pull it back from here and it's best they all leave as soon as possible.

It's funny because I was worried I'd lose the respect I have for him as a footballer if he failed but I don't. At the end of the day he's just a guy trying his best who is out of his depth and that's not something to dislike someone for.
Pretty much. The abuse and conspiracy theories are uncalled for, but i think the pressure is too much now and its getting detrimental

Pressure to play "his best players" means Maguire gets picked despite being in horrible form at the moment. Pressure to play "attacking football" means we play a suicidal 424 that means we leak like a sieve

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Then it's the matter of differenent taste then, and this type of enjoyment is most likely appeased to the minority. The reason being it's sustainability is low due to its unpredictable nature. The feeling for some inevitable humiliating defeats is ever present. And mostly important, the chance for reward via trophies, individual award is again very low. It's truly tragically frustrating for heroic act would be ultimately undermined.
I’m not saying that overall it’s anything other than misery or that it makes up for it, just that in the moment when it happens it’s still impossible not to celebrate and then you sit back and realise it’s literally just Ronaldo doing what he does best with the awful side effect of keeping this going because he refuses not to be brilliant.

Lyng

Bailed out by Ronaldo again. We deserved to lose.
Our squad is very good and a proper manager would have this team slaughtering teams like Atalanta.

Kurton

Ridiculous quote. Chicago Bulls had Phil Jackson back then who is considered one of the most important figures in NBA coaching.
He might be subliminally suggesting he's comparable to Phil Jackson :houllier:

lex talionis

Ole cracked at the end of last season but I somehow allowed myself to believe over the summer, after the new contract, that he would come back with renewed resolve. My God how wrong I was.

As for last night, the obvious right moves were bringing in Telles and moving in Shaw, and bringing in Sancho and Donny much earlier.

Yes, we got the draw but the vastly better side was undone by a moment of brilliance.

Flexdegea

Take a step back from the game mate, this is not good for your mental health at all

Apokalips

If anything is going to get Ole the sack it's keep picking Pogba .
He has dropped him numerous times, especially recently, and we got hammered. Why does Pogba or some other individual player have to get brought into it?

NewUser777

Ole cracked at the end of last season but I somehow allowed myself to believe over the summer, after the new contract, that he would come back with renewed resolve. My God how wrong I was.

As for last night, the obvious right moves were bringing in Telles and moving in Shaw, and bringing in Sancho and Donny much earlier.

Yes, we got the draw but the vastly better side was undone by a moment of brilliance.
Not so sure about that. We failed to move the ball around and failed miserably in the press. So not sure it was that obvious. As for the subs it could be argued both ways as we had a bit of momentum at the end.. But they both made a positive impact, so in hindsight, sure.

He has dropped him numerous times, especially recently, and we got hammered. Why does Pogba or some other individual player have to get brought into it?
Why players not preforming needs to be brought into it? This is a joke, right? It’s not like someone on the bench is playing with a remote control

lex talionis

Not so sure about that. We failed to move the ball around and failed miserably in the press. So not sure it was that obvious. As for the subs it could be argued both ways as we had a bit of momentum at the end.. But they both made a positive impact, so in hindsight, sure.

Why players not preforming needs to be brought into it? This is a joke, right? It’s not like someone on the bench is playing with a remote control
We looked dreadful for most of the match. One can never be sure how a match would have unfolded differently had different players been brought on, but we can safely conclude Shaw had little impact going forward. As for Pogba and Rashford, their impact was negligible. We can’t be sure what the impact of the three subs would have been, buts it’s hard to imagine that 130m worth of subs sitting on the bench who are all hungry for action having no impact.

UDontMessWith24

It’s not like only one player is underperforming, ill disciplined or lacking confidence. Ole is not qualified for the job in general.

Apokalips

No, that's not what the poster was doing. They were stating that Ole's insistence on playing Pogba, specifically, is a reason he'll get sacked. This is despite the fact he has dropped Pogba many times and our results have not changed, therefore, a) Ole has shown that Pogba is not undroppable for him and b) Pogba is not the lone cause. Meaning that post is just another singling out a specific player with no actual basis or critique, just playing a blame game.

Bringing up individuals is fine when a valid critique is being made.

BorisManUtd

The last time we actually controlled a match was Newcastle.
The Liverpool result was not a one off.
He is floundering.

The worst is yet to come.
Yeah, Liverpool result was coming for some time, not even Leicester loss made Ole change something for Liverpool and then disaster happened. He only changed formation after 5-0 to save his job as it was his very last chance. Before that, we played in the same way for months and Ole either didn't want to change anything or didn't know what had to be changed. Either way, it's enough reason to sack him.

AndySmith1990

I really, really hope our next manager is able to talk in great depth about tactics, instead of relying on analogies and metaphors to try and make our matches sound triumphent and dramatic.

tomaldinho1

I really, really hope our next manager is able to talk in great depth about tactics, instead of relying on analogies and metaphors to try and make our matches sound triumphent and dramatic.
Doesn't even need to be in depth, just has to be tangible i.e. not passion, pride, who wants it more etc.

If the new manager, whenever they inevitably come in, just said exactly what Ole said when he came in (hig press, outwork and attacking) it would be fine s long as you saw those things. The issue with Ole is he's a soundbite machine but nothing he says ever manifests itself on the pitch. People don't rate managers like Tuchel because they speak in depth, they rate them because they can coach what they talk about and you see it happening within a few weeks.

SAFMUTD

Listen, Man United might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it. Let him write whatever numbers he wants on there, given what he's done since he's come in. Ole's at the wheel, man. He's doing it. He's doing his thing. Man United are BACK.

croadyman

Listen, Man United might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it. Let him write whatever numbers he wants on there, given what he's done since he's come in. Ole's at the wheel, man. He's doing it. He's doing his thing. Man United are BACK.
Without doubt the stupidest thing that ever came out of Rio's mouth and our utterly clueless board bought it sadly

thepolice123

He went there to play for the draw and it didn't seem like he had an actual plan B.

I thought we were actually lucky that we conceded early and Varane got injured because it forced his hand to change the formation. We did sweet feck all between that 25 minutes of football starting from conceding the first goal and Varane getting injured. Both team's formation cancelled out each other and we had a massive struggle building up from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.