Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewUser777

What exactly is his work? Besides cheering up a squad that was miserable under Mourinho. A task that was done almost by itself just as Mourinho left.

What is my football experience and education? None. I'm a fan, I don't get paid millions to do something football related. I don't know how that has anything to do with criticizing Ole, unless you're from the group that thinks only professional players and coaches can critique someone in football. If so I recommend you to stop visiting the cafe since you won't find many, if any at all, with professional football experience here.
Good to know. You and a few others keep coming at it as you have a wealth of knowledge. But to some of us it is apparent there is nothing behind the harsh words of no wisdom.

what he did? He built the club back to its potential. All we need is either him or another manager to finish the work. We haven’t been packet with talent like this for past a decade. And it’s all down to him. He has progressed us by miles after Mou. It’s not coming together now, but we are set up in a different league.

All summer everyone said we needed to give Sancho time. Now it’s a stick to beat the manger with. He has not settled in yet, and if anything that is as evident as we can’t pass. We are two signing off being close to Liverpool and City. But it seems difficult to grasp for some. I have no idea why posters like yourself is so black and white, and why you choose to embarrass us in such self-indulgent ways.

It’s not good enough what we are doing. But one thing is sure. And you only need an average IQ to understand we need to continue in the same path with a manager who can build on the same work that has been done.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope somebody asked him how close he thinks we are after being humbled twice at home to our biggest rivals.

fecking lunatic. He’s convinced the board he’s part of a rebuild that will take years.

He’s now got the players he asked for but instead won’t be happy until he’s got a midfielder. You can check a prime Keane into this side and we will still get thumped every time.

Sviken

what he did? He built the club back to its potential. All we need is either him or another manager to finish the work. We haven’t been packet with talent like this for past a decade. And it’s all down to him.
Yeah, what a genius. The man uncovered hidden gem talents like Cristiano Ronaldo, Bruno Fernandes, Varane and Sancho. Truly - if nothing else, the man has an eye for talent that no-one else has.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@NewUser777

if you think after the last 2 weeks we are 2 signings away from bettering them you’re as deluded as Ole himself.

no amount of signings will make up for Oles lack of management.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Anyone still think he's going to get another PL job after this?
I'd lean towards no, but Premier League chairmen (especially in the lower half of the table) have a tendency of making bizarre appointments.

SAFMUTD

Good to know. You and a few others keep coming at it as you have a wealth of knowledge. But to some of us it is apparent there is nothing behind the harsh words of no wisdom.

what he did? He built the club back to its potential. All we need is either him or another manager to finish the work. We haven’t been packet with talent like this for past a decade. And it’s all down to him. He has progressed us by miles after Mou. It’s not coming together now, but we are set up in a different league.
Where is all this progress besides in your mind? Numbers don't add up.

Your basically saying we are shit because he's inept at coaching but we have a squad so full of potential than an actual good manager will make us good. How the feck is that a good work?

All summer everyone said we needed to give Sancho time. Now it’s a stick to beat the manger with. He has not settled in yet, and if anything that is as evident as we can’t pass. We are two signing off being close to Liverpool and City. But it seems difficult to grasp for some. I have no idea why posters like yourself is so black and white, and why you choose to embarrass us in such self-indulgent ways.

It’s not good enough what we are doing. But one thing is sure. And you only need an average IQ to understand we need to continue in the same path with a manager who can build on the same work that has been done.
Continue the same path? What same path? We need a manager that actually comes here and implement a style, I don't care which style at this point. It can be direct like Klopp, possession like Pep, counterattack like Tuchel, honestly don't care. Just some style. If a managers is coming to continue the same shit we have under Ole we might as well keep him.

Idxomer

I'd lean towards no, but Premier League chairmen (especially in the lower half of the table) have a tendency of making bizarre appointments.
But that has been changing lately, see Crystal Palace going for Viera despite their previous failures with Frank de Boer or Brighton getting Potter with no managerial experience at all in the PL based mostly on the work he did in Sweden.

His best bet would be getting the Watford job for a couple of weeks but they prefer Italian managers.

AshRK

Hate saying we are no longer a top football club like Bayern or Madrid. We are a business who are run poorly. How has Ole still kept his job is astonishing.

peridigm

Get out! Next game.. There won't be another game for you. Hopefully.
And since when have we ever looked refreshed after international breaks? It’s the best time for Ole but worst time for players. Especially those who aren’t going away.

Awla

If I were Van De Beek or Amad Diallo or Hannibal Mejbri, right now my topmost priority would be to find a new club. Every week underperforming or unfit players are getting picked in the starting lineup without giving these youngsters any fair chances by a manager who is supposed to have 'United DNA'.

Is there any rule that you can play your bench-warmers only in Cup games? Even in the midweek UCL group matches, we're playing almost the same lineup as the PL match from early that week. Ole keeps picking Maguire, Shaw, Wan Bissaka, Fred every week and week out even though all are out of form. Even if all of them were in top form, a sensible manager would still rotate the squad every now and then to give the first XI rest. When was the last time we saw Dalot and Telles on the pitch? I don't know if it's tactical naivety or it's just an arrogant ego thing. But I'm tired of this s**t. Even a 5th grader can predict Ole's lineup.

Plassryss

I've never said he's not hard working. I've just said he lacks ambition which is true.

Ambitious people aren't happy to settle for careers sat on benches.
Think he is to ambitious to be honest, hes just not good enough for this level. I think the club will let him off on monday.

flameinthesun

Built the club back up to....? Mourinho won 2 trophies and reached 2nd with more points than Ole (with a worse squad apparently). People forget that in the summer before Jose left we all agreed that we need a couple more big signings to really challenge. But we didn't sign who Jose wanted (for better or worse) and the rest is history. Now that squad achieved more than this squad has so either that squad was better than this...or the manager was better.

The 2 signings away bit is silly, are we 2 signings away from cruising through a weak cl group, 2 signings away from beating leicester west ham in the cup, villa, villareal in europa? if Ole is struggling against those teams with this squad, its almost a guarantee he will struggle when he signs these mythical 2 players. Also maguire, awb, sancho, telles, amad, pellestri, vdb....all either not playing, not impressing or playing badly. All his signings, so 2 more signings away...yeah.

And finally the need an average IQ thing..... Ole has done nothing exceptional or above average with this team. He achieved 2nd, which Jose did with more points (and a poorer team) and thats it. He hasnt implemented an attacking style of play, pressing, won trophies, gotten out of cl groups, blooded youngsters. Hes literally done a bang average when you compare him to lvg jose and moyes let alone sir alex and any other top manager. And now hes made the atmosphere amongst fans as toxic as it was during Jose last days. So his race is run, saying rubbish about needing above average IQ to see xyz probably says more about you than those that want Ole out.

Gonçalo Motta

There's no way he is going at this point of the season unless there's already a top manager interested and ready to sign.

I could see him go after the CL KO stages qualification is guaranteed, until then 90% sure the board will stick with him

Moriarty

Even Neville said the way Donny has been treated is "disrespectful." Liverpool battered us senseless in the first half, got another in the second, then had a nice training excercise for the rest of the game. City took control from the off, passed, ran, and passed again, leaving our players looking like statues. Even though they scored three less than Liverpool, it was just as humiliating. We were hoping for a set piece or a breakaway counter attack, but City snuffed that hope out without breaking a sweat. Embarrassing.

Blood Mage

Not a chance, he's the worst manager in the league. He needs to go manage a Championship side for a few years and maybe he'll learn a few things and rebuild his reputation. Or go down the Brendan route and manage Celtic for a while.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Said by a man who is angry and talking total nonsense. You wouldn't walk away from an £8m payoff and neither would I.

Turn the anger on where it belongs. It's the board's responsibility to sack managers.

Jesus Christ this forum is so all over the place. We all know Oles time is up. It's now on the board to put the guy out of his misery.
Well said. We’ve sank as a forum to calling one of our own petty names. Instead it’s down to the board to show some leadership

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Two signings off of Liverpool and City?

De Gea and AWB wouldn't make City's or Liverpool's bench in an injury crisis. So you might as well say we need 4 (I'm assuming you're referring to McFred)

But more importantly:

I’ve come into threads like these every summer for years with the same answer of ‘we need a fecking clue’. The bar has long been raised and we will be left on the sidelines until we as a club get with the program.

@Ali Dia remember our conversation from the summer when you asked me if I was excited about us going after the likes of Sancho, Varane and Camavinga? I recall getting stick for being some sort of killjoy, but I said at the bery beginning of the window that no signings will particularly get me excited. When will people learn? We’ve broken every transfer record multiple times in the last decade, signed some of the best players money can buy, yet we end up in the recurring conversation of who then replaces those players. Our rivals, for a long time, have been often signing cheaper and less heralded players and extracting greater results than we can manage. Again and again.

We need a plan and direction as a team. Playing personnel is actually the last part of the puzzle. These players need to have something to come in to first and foremost.

golden_blunder

Staff
The man doesn't care about the players, the club or the fans.

FFS at the start of the 2nd half because City players lost some control, Pep was barking orders at his players. I looked at our side and there was Phelan just standing with Ole sitting alongside Carrick behind him on the bench.
Nonsense

izec

Why wouldn’t he? People with worse records than him have. Yes he’s done at United but have a bit of gumption
There is no way anyone will take him. He relegated Cardiff and is doing nothing of note at United with 400m. Nobody took him after Cardiff, why should anyone take him now after United? He has shown he can do nothing with or without resources. Some chairmen are stupid, but not this stupid. He is a walking meme currently for our rivals.

SAFMUTD

Said by a man who is angry and talking total nonsense. You wouldn't walk away from an £8m payoff and neither would I.

Turn the anger on where it belongs. It's the board's responsibility to sack managers.

Jesus Christ this forum is so all over the place. We all know Oles time is up. It's now on the board to put the guy out of his misery.
You are 100% right. No one would walk away from that kind of money specially if they're highly unlikely to win it otherwise.

The argument goes against the ones saying "Ole loves the club more than himself and he would walk away".

Zevvythered

Not a chance, he's the worst manager in the league. He needs to go manage a Championship side for a few years and maybe he'll learn a few things and rebuild his reputation. Or go down the Brendan route and manage Celtic for a while.
There is not one championship team that will touch him!!

unlike Ole, Brendan went to Celtic after doing well at Liverpool... Ole best bet would be To become a number 2 As Its clear to see that everyone likes him in the game but has limited or zero coaching skills.

golden_blunder

Staff
There is no way anyone will take him. He relegated Cardiff and is doing nothing of note at United with 400m. Nobody took him after Cardiff, why should anyone take him now after United? He has shown he can do nothing with or without resources. Some chairmen are stupid, but not this stupid. He is a walking meme currently for our rivals.
Use sense, not hatred. What was that stat that flashed up on sky at the start of the match today? 3rd In the PL for getting points. He will get offers, off that I have no doubt. Whether he takes them is a different matter.

golden_blunder

Staff
There is not one championship team that will touch him!!

unlike Ole, Brendan went to Celtic after doing well at Liverpool... Ole best bet would be To become a number 2 As Its clear to see that everyone likes him in the game but has limited or zero coaching skills.
Oh now he won’t get a championship job?

what next? He won’t get a job in football management again?

golden_blunder

Staff
Yes, if he wants it, I wouldn’t bother. If your own fans treat you like something they stepped in why would you want to go to another club?
He needs help or he needs moved on. That’s down to the board

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

A rare time I totally agree with you

Idxomer

Why wouldn’t he? People with worse records than him have. Yes he’s done at United but have a bit of gumption
Name the teams that would go for him if he's sacked.

Your statement is too general and without context, you're also not taking into consideration the changes in the PL lately.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don’t understand why would Ole leave the job. Its his dream job and he might still feel he can turn this around. Payout will be last on his mind.
Its board job to sack him which they should have done post liverpool game.

Status
Not open for further replies.