Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love how in a weird sort of way he’s putting the onus back onto the players without even appearing to do so. Jose was too direct. He would come straight out and say ‘we’ve got loads of injuries/we need better players/they didn’t want it enough’. The players could hide behind the fact there were injuries, or some players were getting thrown under the bus.

With Ole, there’s nowhere to hide. It’s all ‘yeah we’ve got injuries but we’re Manchester United, all our players are more than good enough to win the game’. The players will not only be filled with confidence but also thinking “oh...we’d better go out and prove we’re good players then.” That’s how you man manage football players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Everyone knows I'd like to stay of course, but that's not decided until the end of the season. But if it's me as a supporter or manager they should still buy their season tickets because the club is going somewhere.
It’ll be so nice to have a manager who wants to fecking be here.

Sigma

Completely deserves the job on a full time basis. Done an amazing job so far.

predator

Youth NITK
For a few years now I've held the view that we have some fecking good footballers in every position. We haven't had as strong a squad as City for a while but with the right selections our starting 11 has had the potential to match anyones in the period mentioned above.
At the time of Mourinho's sacking I thought whoever took over had an impossible job on their hands. I only thought this because I thought he drained our players to the point where they were impossible to motivate again...

Obviously I misread the psyche of modern day pros who, despite earn obscene amounts of money, are ultimately young men playing the sport they grown up adoring.

Ole is probably tactically naive as it stands and will learn harshly from certain games but I think he gets the whole mentality of not only being a professional but also playing for United.

Just give it the man and let us all carry on enjoying it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Still winning his own league by some margin.

http://solskjaertabellen.com/ (I love the website :drool:)

+5 points to Liverpool and City
+7 to Arsenal
+8 to Spurs
+13 to Chelsea

It tells you everything about how disastrous was our situation before he came, that even after a run like this we're still 5th and 6th if Chelsea win his remaining league game. Even the excellence in terms of results and breaking historic records every week could not be enough to get us top-4.

I say this in anticipation, because if we ended up 5th or 6th I can see some people telling how he isn't good enough because the man isn't able to get even a top 4 place in the league. So when we analyze things let's remember where we come from and the general context.

No pre-season, no signings, learning about his players and changing our approach along the way, and still getting more points than the league challengers. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the magnificence of all this.
Rude domain name.

But I love the content. Ole has been ahead of other managers since He became our manager. Give Ole the job when the season's finished! :drool:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Sounds like probably a very fair assumption. I think José Mourinho, who did best with a set eleven and who contrary to popular belief knows a whole heap about what it takes for a team to perform at the top, several times has stated that certain types of playstyles is impossible to keep going in three tournaments for a whole season without heavy rotation. With very few exceptions, I think he’s very right about that. (Phew, it’s so good he’s out of the house now!).
He was right about quite a few things unfortunately. He has many many faults but he was also quite astute. I actually liked that he was too proud to try to lie well, even if it was function of a terribly unhelpful ego.

JMack1234

He's getting the job.

Forget everything else and put yourselves in the position of Woodward on the Glazers.

You've got to choose between two candidates. Ole is a club legend, adored by the supporters and liked by the players. The fans sing his name even when the team are struggling and he's the perfect public image of Manchester United.

The other is Poch. Now there's no denying that Poch has a better CV thus far and is a more proven manager. However you'll have to have the mother of all fights with Daniel Levy and probably have to fork out £30+ million to get him. There are no guarantees he'll be success here. Whenever there's a vacancy a Real Madrid would be speculation would be rife.

It's not difficult is it?

Paul InceUlt

We shouldn’t jump to conclusions on this one yet.
Don’t we owe Paul Ince at least a shot at it, so he can proove to us that he actually could do it?
Seems to me like the only decent thing to do..

meamth

He's getting the job.

Forget everything else and put yourselves in the position of Woodward on the Glazers.

You've got to choose between two candidates. Ole is a club legend, adored by the supporters and liked by the players. The fans sing his name even when the team are struggling and he's the perfect public image of Manchester United.

The other is Poch. Now there's no denying that Poch has a better CV thus far and is a more proven manager. However you'll have to have the mother of all fights with Daniel Levy and probably have to fork out £30+ million to get him. There are no guarantees he'll be success here. Whenever there's a vacancy a Real Madrid would be speculation would be rife.

It's not difficult is it?
I think 90% percent of the fans would rather wait to see if Ole worked or not. Rather than we spend massively on another manager, we could use that money for massive investments the team needed.

At this point, Manchester United fans believes in Ole, and wether he will be a success or not, that's another chapter.

Gator Nate

Don’t we owe Paul Ince at least a shot at it, so he can proove to us that he actually could do it?
*** searching the depths of my south ***

Nah, I'm not that decent.

Adam_S

Still winning his own league by some margin.

http://solskjaertabellen.com/ (I love the website :drool:)

+5 points to Liverpool and City
+7 to Arsenal
+8 to Spurs
+13 to Chelsea

It tells you everything about how disastrous was our situation before he came, that even after a run like this we're still 5th and 6th if Chelsea win his remaining league game. Even the excellence in terms of results and breaking historic records every week could not be enough to get us top-4.

I say this in anticipation, because if we ended up 5th or 6th I can see some people telling how he isn't good enough because the man isn't able to get even a top 4 place in the league. So when we analyze things let's remember where we come from and the general context.

No pre-season, no signings, learning about his players and changing our approach along the way, and still getting more points than the league challengers. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the magnificence of all this.
It's an interesting thought that if the top teams had all been maintaining their current form since the start of the season, we'd be about 10 points clear at the top of the table right now. I think that's worth bearing in mind when considering if Ole deserves a crack at the manager job and a fat transfer budget for next season.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I think 90% percent of the fans would rather wait to see if Ole worked or not. Rather than we spend massively on another manager, we could use that money for massive investments the team needed.

At this point, Manchester United fans believes in Ole, and wether he will be a success or not, that's another chapter.
True.

No guarantee any other manager would be a success either.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I am assuming the request is on the theory of xG and not actually using the widely used metric to evaluate the performance of the manager so far.

What is it people want to do in here otherwise? Just celebrate the cult of Ole?
Yeah real cult here. How dare we support our legendary ex player turned manager. :rolleyes:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I agree, give to Incey until the end of the season.
Btw, what is "Ult" in your name?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Darmian / Valencia / Rojo I can see going this summer for sure.

Mata I think might get moved on if we can get a good replacement, but he will still be a good squad player if not.

AndyJ1985

He's undoubtedly got the job full time. But it'd be foolish to hand him a long term contract. Two years is sufficient to see how things go.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He's about as nailed on as you can get now. I was sceptical at first, but how can you not love what he's doing with the club.

I'd still like a director of football before the summer to help guide our transfer stratergy, but as a coach in that set up I can't wait to see what Ole can do.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He's undoubtedly got the job full time. But it'd be foolish to hand him a long term contract. Two years is sufficient to see how things go.
2 years should be the standard going forward, with it reviewed every summer as to whether to extend by a further year.

Westlie

I have a question, if Ole continues to win throughout the season and still doesnt get the job full time, how would the supporters treat an eventual new manager?

RasTiaGba

Pep is struggling to get Mahrez and Sane playing his system

Whereas Ole has players like Mata and Lukaku coming into his system (that he changes for every game) and playing well/flourishing

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It will be ridiculous if he is not confirmed now. He can finish sixth, what he has produced is incredible. Far better than anyone expected.

OverratedOpinion

I have a question, if Ole continues to win throughout the season and still doesnt get the job full time, how would the supporters treat an eventual new manager?
It wouldn't be the fault of a new manager but I said recently that Ole has created too much of a "what if" to not get the job now.

Good tactical changes today, he is squeezing every ounce out of a depleted squad of tired players, he has absolutely changed the mentality of the team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He definitely has that Fergie magic this season. But, I am wary of anamolies in football and one season wonder. Either way, if he can continue beating these mid table, lower league team, it really would not matter how well we do against the top team unless we want to win the champions league.

el3mel

There's no doubt about it this is Fergie's United back again. Makeshift teams to coup with injuries accompanied with thrillers and 3-2 wins at Old Trafford.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His managing an injury ravaged squad in a manner you'd expect of Fergie himself. It's actually incredible what he's doing with what he has at his disposal. And he keeps adjusting to every and any problem or additional injuries on the hop.

Said he should get the job some way back; by now it would be absurd for him not to.

prateik

Poch and Spurs wobbling would have probably made this decision a lot easier.

Deserves it too... Been better than the 3 managers we have had since Fergie retired.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The win against Southampton was all about mentality, digging deep and digging out the win, that comes from the manager. Today we got another example of how Ole's winning mindset has made a difference to this United. Everything he says and does sets the tone: we're Man Utd and we believe we can win every game. We're seeing the fruits of that now and I wouldn't swap Solskjaer for anyone save Sir Alex!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bin off Young and the job's his.