Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

sport2793

He's working wonders to get results from this squad with the amount of injuries piling up. Could he be our Guardiola? I hope so and think so.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If he doesn't get the job, this will Woodward's stupidest decision yet and that is saying something.

Djemba-Djemba

That was about as Fergie a Utd win as you could get.

Make things as hard as possible for ourselves, snatch a late winner.

Even got the 50/50s in our favour :lol:

Tiber

I dislike wasting time, so I am going to start referring to him as Sir Ole straight away.

We all know that will be his name after he leads us to the quadruple next season...

CM

You certainly can't accuse him of lacking resilience

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doing all the right stuff.

I just hope hiring him doesn't come with the prerequisite of not spending with the excuse 'we'll see what he can do with this team'

Gasolin

He definitely has that Fergie magic this season. But, I am wary of anamolies in football and one season wonder. Either way, if he can continue beating these mid table, lower league team, it really would not matter how well we do against the top team unless we want to win the champions league.
You and your negativity... stop it, I know you love Poch but Ole is going to come back strong in the CL too because he knows that's what United is about. And he won it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Two comebacks is one game, the message is clear and simple.

Score more goals than the opponent... and it works.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Doing all the right stuff.

I just hope hiring him doesn't come with the prerequisite of not spending with the excuse 'we'll see what he can do with this team'
We will see soon enough how ambitious our owners are.

Nep77

People worrying about Glazers not spending with Ole on charge, What makes you think so? he has identified the weakness and the strength of the team and I am sure he will be backed with decent budget to get right players in, Might not be Caf muppet signings but that policy hasn't really worked for us well in recent past.

Reactions: Sultan

We need an rvn

If he doesn't get the job, this will Woodward's stupidest decision yet and that is saying something.
Tongue in cheek but if Woody still favours Poch and will pay Spurs £50m to release him and "we'll need 5 more years to change our ethos" Woody needs to leave.

Ole's done more than any of us expected and simply needs to be given the job officially now.

Dante

Average bang
We're averaging 2 points per game now. That's pretty astonishing considering where we were in December.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bringing on a RB to play RW when trailing.
He didn’t do that. We switched to a back three with Young at right centre back and Dalot at wing back. Quite rightly he thought Dalot would be more effective running onto the ball with overlaps then he would be receiving the ball further forward and then expected to beat a man 1v1.

Tactics second half from Ole were fantastic and it was a great example of how a back three can be attacking. Dalot got in again and again with Lukaku and Young supporting him and working little triangles. It allowed us to have genuine width wide whilst not neglecting the midfield.

I’m not sure I want to see us using a back three too much as a starting approach, as it is less suited to Pogba who will usually end up in the double pivot, but that’s two games in a row Ole has switched to it with good effect.

deadrevelz

He definitely has that Fergie magic this season. But, I am wary of anamolies in football and one season wonder. Either way, if he can continue beating these mid table, lower league team, it really would not matter how well we do against the top team unless we want to win the champions league.
We should get Poch who never loses against anyone.

JohnnyKills

Definitely coming round to the idea of him getting the job now. We've got a good sample size and it's still very positive. He's done brilliantly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's definitely got some steel under that nice polite exterior. Just calmly getting on with it in the face of all the injuries and with top 4 being so close. Really been great.

mu4c_20le

Showed more tactical flexibility than poch. Build him a young, hungry team and let him bring back the old glory days.

shaky

32 points from 36. 12 league games in and Ole's averaging more points per game than City managed last season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We've now scored more goals than Spurs. Before his appointment I bet we were miles behind.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Simply has to be given job now. Man. United more likely than not to make 4th which I doubt was even requirement from the board when he was appointed.

Always liked him as a player and love the way he speaks in interviews, it's always upbeat and looking forward to what the club and squad can achieve. He "gets" things in a way his high profile predeccesors simply didn't about Manchester United.