Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Watching the show with Roger Bennet on NBC. Ole is the one. No way they put this interview on for a temporary manager.
Watching it now too. Love Ole. Him saying that after his Cardiff stint he thought he blew his chance with the PL and in fact, wanted nothing more to do with the PL and England was telling. Also admitted that he took the Cardiff job cos small part of him thought if he did well there, United might come calling.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn't be surprised if the club are awaiting for the right moment to drop the news that he'll be manager.
Quite soon, and linking it to season ticket renewals this month I reckon.

Atheist

One of the biggest thing I've liked about him is willingness to forgive mistakes, especially by a younger player. I couldn't have imagined Perreira getting another first team start under Mourinho after his mistake against Burnley.

Red_Beans

I'm excited to think what Ole can accomplish with this squad after a full pre season. I think his first few games in charge were the template of how he wants us to play, he just realised that the squad does not have the required fitness levels to maintain that high intensity style and had to tone it down and become more pragmatic. Obviously the injuries didn't help and I think we are still a long way from the team Ole wants us to be. What he has accomplished so far has been incredible but I really feel we have another few gears to go up under his management

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

“Can you compare the experience between Claudio and Scott, who is going to coach a team for the first time? Not at all.

“But sometimes in football, and you have the example with my former club (Man Utd hiring Solskjaer), that sometimes changes on the immediate - I don’t believe too much in these changes in the long term - but these changes on the immediate, there are sometimes some positive results."
Cry me a river.

CG1010

We have moved way past immediate results, Jose. He has been found out as the team wasn't even playing 50% of their potential under him. But the poor guy has to defend his record somehow.

M Utd

Also show me the team that is incredible in attack right now around the league. Liverpool have been shiite since the new year, City are scraping 1-0’s, Tottenham have been bad recently as well.

People seem to think that every good team plays some irresistible style at all times while throttling teams. Truth is most in any respectable league go through ups and downs in their general play like any team. The best just get results even when everything isn’t perfect for them.
I fully agree. Nothing wrong with the so called "ugly wins" at times. Ole seems to have a good idea how he'd like to play but it just shows he adaptable if we have certain players unavailable. It will be interesting to see if he does go into the market who he may look to bring in (considering he's given the permanent job of course). It may take a few windows to see how he sees us progressing in the future and I won't be surprised to see some of the younger players on the books to get some minutes. Exciting times ahead and I'm enjoying every minute of the ride.

hocane

Mourinho played Pogba as a defensive sitting midfielder together with Matic/Fellaini.

He can only blame himself for Pogba's poor performances.

United Hobbit

I am very pro Ole so this isnt a criticism of him but do you think he will still be able to attract the top players like Jose did should we end up not finishing in the top 4? They would have no CL to attract them and while we know how Jose ended up he was still able to get Pogba back despite no CL.
That is a slight worry I've just thought of, yes he looks great to work for, so far getting the results but will the world class players have trust in signing for him that he can get us back to the CL the following season? Or would someone like Pochettino or Pep (obviously we arent getting him just using him as an example) give us that edge despite no CL.

While we shouldn't necessarily be looking at the "big name" signings like your Sanchez's we will still be needing to sign players. If its between us and some other clubs have we got enough to convince them we are the option they should choose?

Obviously any player should be seeing United as a huge club to join but it's just a thought.

mariner85

I would definitely back Ole, no matter what happens ready of the season.
It'll be a win win either way for the owners.

Also I want to see how we play against PSG.
Don't want pragmatic no more. Let's go all out against them, score two and see how it goes.

Ole Ole Ole....

Rajma

Cry me a river.
Some of ours fans should hang their heads in shame for supporting this man to the last moment, not an ounce of dignity found in him. I wanted LvG gone too but the old man has class on him at least also as evident by him still texting our boys wishing good luck. Jose can feck right off though, self serving bastard with no self awareness.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Some of ours fans should hang their heads in shame for supporting this man to the last moment, not an ounce of dignity found in him. I wanted LvG gone too but the old man has class on him at least also as evident by him still texting our boys wishing good luck. Jose can feck right off though, self serving bastard with no self awareness.
Wait, I didn't realise LVG was still texting some of the players? Where'd you see that? Really nice of him if so.

Rajma

Wait, I didn't realise LVG was still texting some of the players? Where'd you see that? Really nice of him if so.
In his latest interview he revealed he's very happy for Rashford, Martial, and Lingard them all doing so well under current management and that he still sends a wee text to Rashford from time to time.

Acquire Me

In his latest interview he revealed he's very happy for Rashford, Martial, and Lingard them all doing so well under current management and that he still sends a wee text to Rashford from time to time.
Mourinho is not a bad man imo. He is very very proud though. That makes him a big tit from time to time.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Watching it now too. Love Ole. Him saying that after his Cardiff stint he thought he blew his chance with the PL and in fact, wanted nothing more to do with the PL and England was telling. Also admitted that he took the Cardiff job cos small part of him thought if he did well there, United might come calling.
It must be said that his trajectory rubbishes the notion (well spouted on here) that a United managerial candidate must have experience winning trophies as an underdog against the odds and work his way up the ladder to be considered. Was he even on the poll before Mourinho got the sack? Here we are a few months later.

peridigm

I am very pro Ole so this isnt a criticism of him but do you think he will still be able to attract the top players like Jose did should we end up not finishing in the top 4? They would have no CL to attract them and while we know how Jose ended up he was still able to get Pogba back despite no CL.
That is a slight worry I've just thought of, yes he looks great to work for, so far getting the results but will the world class players have trust in signing for him that he can get us back to the CL the following season? Or would someone like Pochettino or Pep (obviously we arent getting him just using him as an example) give us that edge despite no CL.

While we shouldn't necessarily be looking at the "big name" signings like your Sanchez's we will still be needing to sign players. If its between us and some other clubs have we got enough to convince them we are the option they should choose?

Obviously any player should be seeing United as a huge club to join but it's just a thought.
I guarantee you we have a better chance of signing top players under Ole with out CL than we would have if Jose did not lose his job.

Fletchageddon

I think they’ll announce it at the end of the season or a few games before. Once the CL positions are established or around an FA cup final if we make it. That way this season is kind of a freebie no pressure thing for him.

Woodward won’t want to upset the balance currently,everything is running pretty smoothly. Good news such as this could help if dropped at the right time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ah that's great. LVG is a decent guy. His football didn't work out for us, but he is a good guy.

reddaz71

If Mourinho was still here we would be flitting between 6th and 7th at best,just so glad that a genuine club legend is at the wheel in Ole,he understands the club,its ethos,its identity and much more and he surely has to be given the job,in the summer lets hope he is fully backed and gets us the likes of Sancho,Icardi etc,Oles the man!

Grande

Fully behind OGS getting the job, but I think we need to see how he reacts to a couple of defeats and poor performances. I know we got beat by PSG and reacted brilliantly, but things have moved on and we are on a crest of a wave that could soon turn sour if we lost 2 or 3 on the spin - will the players still be so fully behind him then?
Clearly, I hope we don't have to go through this, but his 'audition' kind of needs some bumps in the road for him to show his true potential for the job.
Can't be happier with everything MUFC since JM left. It's been like a dream. I'm hoping he gets the job full time and we totally push on next season.
I wouldn’t feel safe until I see what he does after three bottom half league seasons, or even better, a straight drop to league one. Can he beat Lou Macari’s Swindon record of three straight promotions? (Barring fraud.)

Grande

Wayne's World

We are Manchester United. Only Barcelona and Real Madrid have as big as of a pull then us. We'll always be able to attract the biggest names along as we have a structure going which we seem to have under Ole. Also I don't think many players would want to play under Mourinho since what happened at United.

R77

Cry me a river.
More projection from the nutter. Yes Jose, we know you don't believe in managerial impact in the long term. In fact is there anything you can tell us about the long term in management at all, say, beyond three seasons or so? Ok then. Ta.

Yeah, 'not available in your location'. Is it that 'Inside The Mind Of Solskjaer' interview? Will turn up at some point I'm sure.

redasian

Personally, I think we should wait with appointing Solskjaer, he hasn't faced any REAL tests yet.

I want to see us lose the first 30 games of next season to see how he and the players respond to that kind of massive set back, we'll really see his mentality shine through then and if he's strong enough to handle that kind of pressure, same for the squad.

Oh, and if he doesn't also win the treble we should just go for Pochettino, regardless of if Tottenham get relegated or not.

We don't need to appoint another fraud as our next manager, we should be extra careful with this one.
:lol:
Don't forget we gotta lose everyone in the squad to injury and play McTominay in goal to see how Ole handles a real injury crisis.

Indnyc

Works with vpn..
When is the full one out.?
No idea.. It was right after the Liverpool match but I didn’t record it.. Hopefully will be out soon

Yeah, 'not available in your location'. Is it that 'Inside The Mind Of Solskjaer' interview? Will turn up at some point I'm sure.
Yes it is.. Hopefully comes out soon.. I’ll keep an eye out Reddit as well

Paul InceUlt

You are my Solskjær
My Ole Solskjær
You make me happy
When skies are grey
Feck off, Mourinho
And Pochettino
Please don’t take
Our Solskjær away
You are my Solskjaer
My Ole Solskjaer
You make me happy
When skies are grey
And if you feck up
No need to worry
We’ve got Paul Ince
To do it anyway

(Feck.......Just made myself vomit..and I feel so dirty :eek:)

Last edited by a moderator: