Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
I feel Mickey, Carrick and in particular McKenna are playing a massive role in this resurgence too

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Paul Ince could have done it too
I love Incey, but he can feck off with stupid comments like that. Ole has done an outstanding job. Best football I’ve seen played since the great man retired.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So without a DOF he wouldn't be able to do the job permanently?
Not appointing a DOF wouldn’t fix our problems long term. We need that continuity and management of football affairs away from the training ground sorted by someone other than Woody.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I love Incey, but he can feck off with stupid comments like that. Ole has done an outstanding job. Best football I’ve seen played since the great man retired.
Why?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Get a DOF to handle transfers properly for once, let Ed focus on the business/sponsorship side of the club and give Ole the manager job. Keep Phelan, McKenna and Carrick and just go for it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Must say, as a neutral, this is extraordinary, quite an interesting phenomenon to follow. Will probably want to see a few United games from now on, having being disilusioned and bored woth football for a couple of years already.
Forget Make United Great Again. Ole's gonna Make Football Great Again.

Kag

You must remember that a director of football is the answer to all ‘problems’ at United. Coaching players to play attacking football (something we can see for the first time in five years) just doesn’t cut it...

kidbob

I trust him but I mean that a proper DOF is absolutely necessary in modern football. I should have said that I'd want that for any manager. My main point was that he has us playing so well while we obviously need a RB, LB, CB and RW and maybe a DM. My point is that I'd be much more confident with him in charge with a great DOF to elp him find the right players for these positions. As of right now he is only behind Poch for me and if we carry on like this then he'll surpass all candidates. I just hope the club doesn't stupidly decide that the current success means we don't need to look for a top class DOF is all.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't know more he could have done so far. Seems to get most things right, players seem to like him and respond to his tactical changes during games. He seems to reply on his coaching team too, which is a good sign.

If he keeps going like this then you have to give it to him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we have let to go behind in all of Oles matches. It will be interesting to see how we react to going behind or if we are drawing with ten minutes to go. Not that i want it.

Playing exquisite stuff though. Best since ferguson retired.

redom

How we react to a sticky patch will be a big indicator for me, we've had about as good a start as possible but how he and the team respond to adversity is very important, if we just capitulate and lose all the positivity and work ethic we're seeing at the moment then it'll be very disappointing. Hopefully the attitude he's shown will be a great example and motivator for the players and obviously I hope we don't find out how we react to a loss or two for a long time but it'll be an important moment in his tenure I think.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Because he was a great fecking player for us, during a period when I was young and hero worshipping our players. The Liverpool transfer left a nasty fecking taste though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's passed every test so far. Give him a class CB to partner Lindelof and I'd fancy us against anyone. The never-say-die attitude of United is back, players fighting for every ball until the last second and they kept attacking, that's the sign of players who fully believe in their manager. Couldn't have asked for a better start. We countered them extremely well tonight, although we had a huge stroke of luck with injuries going our way. His audition is going very well so far.

kidbob

You must remember that a director of football is the answer to all ‘problems’ at United. Coaching players to play attacking football (something we can see for the first time in five years) just doesn’t cut it...
Don't be silly. A DOF is necessary because a SAF who controls all aspects of the club will likely never exist again. He was an outlier in managers. It's not just needed for Ole but for any manager coming in. Also if Ole is given a contract it should be 2 years maximum at first. No more amateur mistakes from the club. That being said Ole was always my favourite player and I'd love for it to work out and he is rapidly winning me over.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
8 on the bounce and playing some good stuff, that ain’t a fluke anymore.. when’s the next match?!

Revan

Assumptionman
I think that now he is in pole position to get the job. Another games like this and fans will riot if Ed has other thoughts.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
His version of United is very much an incarnation of Ferguson's team. All that's missing is probably a single top defender. It looks like we're witnessing a great formula that simply works like a charm (because all substrates are top notch along with a highly intelligent ice cold manager who knows exactly what he's aiming to achieve?) . Also Mourinho must be put on suicide watch (nah, joke aside he's probably placing all the blame in his bubble world on evil Pogba orchestrating with his friends a coup d'etat inside the club).

kidbob

Get a DOF to handle transfers properly for once, let Ed focus on the business/sponsorship side of the club and give Ole the manager job. Keep Phelan, McKenna and Carrick and just go for it.
This is a huge thing for me. I'm sure Carrick and McKenna are here to stay but we need to convince Phelan too. TBH he seems to be enjoying himself and loves the club so it shouldn't be a hard sell. Next step would be then getting rid of Sabrabia as the u23s coach and get a more progressive guy in his place.

Tarrou

I'm fully on-board with the full appointment now. He's been absolutely outstanding in every department. Loved that he brought on Martial and Rashford today, it seemed like an obvious thing to do after he did it, but we all know Jose would've just brought Fellaini on and had us camped on the edge of the box.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
This is a huge thing for me. I'm sure Carrick and McKenna are here to stay but we need to convince Phelan too. TBH he seems to be enjoying himself and loves the club so it shouldn't be a hard sell. Next step would be then getting rid of Sabrabia as the u23s coach and get a more progressive guy in his place.
He's the vital link to us winning things and being an SAF team. For now at the very least, he's exactly what this current team and the current club needs

Obviously Ole was part of it as a player but Phelan was there as assistant coach during the later years when we weren't actually that good according to most non-United people but we easily won titles.

Even we questioned his influence back in the day, I remember the threads asking what he actually did at the time. Now we know.

Also agree with the U23 comment.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I think the most impressive theme about Solskjaer’s tenure so far has been the way we’ve seen individual players developing. Lindelof, for example, has looked a different player. The way Rashford has stepped up a level has also been very notable.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The absolute madman actually put on Rashford and Martial at 2-1 up, when Arsenal really looked like pushing for an equaliser, and immediately pegged them back and we strolled to victory thereafter. It was a master stroke of a substitution. Genuinely could’ve scored another one or two in the final ten minutes, too.

Devil81

I'm pissed so I'm gonna sign off as all I'm gonna do it push the....

His job, end of!!

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Whenever Ole was through on goal it was almost a certainty, he was a deadly finisher. Since he's joined our front players have been clinical. Coincidence? Ole. :wenger:

Devil81

The absolute madman actually put on Rashford and Martial at 2-1 up, when Arsenal really looked like pushing for an equaliser, and immediately pegged them back and we strolled to victory thereafter. It was a master stroke of a substitution. Genuinely could’ve scored another one or two in the final ten minutes, too.
Madman!!!

Are you taking the piss, he did exactly as most of us fans were calling for.

Arsenal are shite at the back, by putting on Martial and Rashford he was certain of putting them on the back foot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Finally a coach who subbed in fresh attackers instead of the predictable ST > DM subs or ST > CB subs.

kidbob

He's the vital link to us winning things and being an SAF team. For now at the very least, he's exactly what this current team and the current club needs

Obviously Ole was part of it as a player but Phelan was there as assistant coach during the later years when we weren't actually that good according to most non-United people but we easily won titles.

Even we questioned his influence back in the day, I remember the threads asking what he actually did at the time. Now we know.

Also agree with the U23 comment.
I was at fault for this too but now I can't wait for the good weather and shorts!! His energy on the touchline is incredible, as in you can tell how much this club means to him along with the other 3 :devil:.

Pfmpd

Supports
Liverpool
Top 4 is yours to lose, this run is unbelievable. If he doesn't get top 4 does he lose his potential for a permanent job??

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Look at that! We haven't come close to that kind of run of form for years, not since Fergie. We never looked like a team capable of winning eight games on the bounce under Moyes, LVG and Jose. And we're doing it playing the United way. Love it :drool:
Thank you Liverpool for that drubbing?