Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Raw

Fun fact, if Ole wins it it'll be the first time since Fergie in October 2012 that a United manager wins manager of the month.

Raw

It's not just about who won the most though is it. It's not like Burnley have the same targets / expectations we do.
Of course, but combined with the other competitions he had to deal with, the huge change in style, making up so much ground towards top 4 and doing it all in his first few months tells me he deserves it.

Rolaholic

Criminal how the last regime managed to somehow convince some our own fans that the squad and players were shite and not capable of attacking football

Ole should win MOTM in a landslide

Gator Nate

It's not just about who won the most though is it. It's not like Burnley have the same targets / expectations we do.
Yeah, but Burnley's two wins were against Huddersfield and Fulham. I mean, even Burnley should expect to beat the two teams occupying the bottom two slots of the table.

Canagel

Criminal how the last regime managed to somehow convince some our own fans that the squad and players were shite and not capable of attacking football

Can't believe we actually have "we lack creativity" thread.
@Skills what you saying? :D

Last edited:

edcunited1878

Gaz really just needs to sit this one out and comeback when the dust settles.

There is sentiment/emotion captured with Ole, but that's not fair to lead with that. He's an experienced manager with an even more experienced number 2 in Mickey Phelan. Carras, Kieran and Emilio round out a very fun, professional and worthy coaching staff.

If United continue to perform and keep their playing identity, results as we've seen should follow. If United pull the plug on Ole come end of May, you derail all the momentum and continuity. 3 managers in 12 months with significantly different approaches is too much when considering United still need significant upgrades in multiple positions.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fun fact, if Ole wins it it'll be the first time since Fergie in October 2012 that a United manager wins manager of the month.
Wait. LVG and Mourinho never won MOTM with us? Really?

Mr Smith

I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with what Gary has said here. Not making an emotional decision is important. Ole has been amazing but 9 games is simply it a big enough sample size, and other managers should be considered. I think by late March/early April we will have seen enough to say definitively whether Ole is the best candidate.

Wanderlust_09

Yeah, Gary got it right.

I'm glad Ole has got us back on track, let us wait till the end of the season, before we make our decision. If he gets us into top 4 and some good performances in UCL/FA Cup, I'd totally be on the Ole train. We have to pass some brutal tests to achieve this.

Both Emery and Sarri have gone on very long unbeaten runs (22 and 18 if I am not wrong) and the wheels started coming off. So let us be patient with Ole before we make our final call. It's already amazing how our season has changed from being a write-off to hopeful top 4/3 contenders in just over a month's time.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just even more proof at how bad he-who-should-not-be-named was as the United manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Excellent. We also have most shots on target since the start of the season, that's brilliant considering the shit show till December.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't like this decision just being made on top four. Is that fair to Ole or whomever else we'd have picked to be caretaker? We were miles off. Surely there should be other considerations as well? I hope the board looks beyond this top four distraction.

Also why does Gary believe Poch fits us so? What has he ever said that made anyone think he even understands the United culture? The job is just not about top 4 either. Also what's Spurs' academy like? Are there any talented youngsters coming through? Has Poch really utilised their academy prospects as much as possible?

i don't know. I just think we're setting unbelievable standards for Ole to get the job.

AshleyDevil

They need to wait until the end of the season to decide but if Ole keeps this up it's got to be him! But its important to keep Mike Phelan also! And get a DOF in, Paul Mitchell from Leipzig.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Plenty of those were in the Jose-out brigade you'd find. Talking about how his transfers were shite and we had wasted loads of money. Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku getting most of the fury. Matic and Lindelof have shown their quality and Lukaku is slowly improving.

PepsiCola

Plenty of those were in the Jose-out brigade you'd find. Talking about how his transfers were shite and we had wasted loads of money. Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku getting most of the fury. Matic and Lindelof have shown their quality and Lukaku is slowly improving.
The vast majority were the Mourinho fan boys.

Jaae

Not ITK
Has Fellaini's sale not all but confirmed who Woodwards man is for the permanent managerial position going forward?

Surely Solskjaer would have been consulted with regards to Marouane's value to the squad. And if Ole sees no place for him long term and Woodward is acting on that knowledge and selling him, then clearly Ole is his man...

Cantonaaa!

So according to The Sun all he has to do is beat PSG to get the job permanently.

I mean, how would they know what Ed told Ole..
It's the Sun so guess they're just making a calculated guess, but it could very well be true none the less.

Personally I don't think the board places to much emphasis on top four this season, seeing that Mourinho fecked up 5 months of our season. How is anyone expected to recover from such an atrocious start.. and basically it all depends on other teams to cock up.
I think they would like him to win or come second in the Ole-table and beat PSG, for them to offer him a 2 year contract or something.

Thoughts?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
So according to The Sun all he has to do is beat PSG to get the job permanently.

I mean, how would they know what Ed told Ole..
It's the Sun so guess they're just making a calculated guess, but it could very well be true none the less.

Personally I don't think the board places to much emphasis on top four this season, seeing that Mourinho fecked up 5 months of our season. How is anyone expected to recover from such an atrocious start.. and basically it all depends on other teams to cock up.
I think they would like him to win or come second in the Ole-table and beat PSG, for them to offer him a 2 year contract or something.

Thoughts?
Who wrote the piece in The Sun?

Minimalist

So all he has to do is win a tie we are objective underdogs for. That makes a whole lot of sense for picking your manager. Nat.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gaz is 100% spot on. Making a decision now is absolutely brain dead.
I'm still leaning towards Pochettino but the end of the season should make it clear.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d be amazed if we based arguably the most important managerial appointment in our history off of one champions league tie. That’s without taking into account the fact it’s The Sun, and therefore certainly nonsense.

AJ10

That's Interesting considering he was crying about giving Moyes and Jose time, Who are the opposite of everything that United stand for.

Anyone who takes this clown seriously needs to get their head checked.

JoseandMkhiarespecial

Supports
Rangers FC & the red devils
I’d be amazed if we based arguably the most important managerial appointment in our history off of one champions league tie. That’s without taking into account the fact it’s The Sun, and therefore certainly nonsense.
Is that not what Spurs are living off of as they've conceded they don't want the FA cup and Poch pretends they're going to be Real Madrid in 5 years :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's Interesting considering he was crying about giving Moyes and Jose time, Who are the opposite of everything that United stand for.

Anyone who takes this clown seriously needs to get their head checked.
Exactly. If we had neville in charge Mourinho would still be here. He’s clearly now impartial because he got sacked once.

The proof has been in the pudding. Literally every stat has improved since Jose left. While I think Ole is doing a fantastic job, I’m sure plenty of other managers could have done a similar job too. Mourinho sabotaged the club once he got his big fat payoff in his new contract.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
It is unfair to judge Ole on making top four, before Christmas nobody was talking about top 4,now we're competing for it, it's still not in our hands, because we depend on other Chelsea and Arsenal slipping.

Any manager could have gotten the results Ole got, would they have gotten it playing the United way? Would they have had a 'first eleven '?.Would they have brought assistants like Carrick, Phelan and Co who know the Club?

We finished second last season, that would have been some sort of foundation on our way to where we used to be, but it was not, it didn't feel right,somethings were wrong.

For the first time since Sir left, this is the first time I'm feeling a United team, in hiring it's important to hire a person that understands the company's culture, Ole is United true and true.
We will lose games, may or may not make top four, may not win the Fa cup.The questions at the end of the season should be, did we play well(most times), did we show enough hunger?did we put up a fight in the games we lost? How were Ole's tactics? Was he tactical flexible? If the answers are mostly yes, give him a two-year contract.