Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

The Purley King

Something else to consider is that Poch will cost £50m and Ole is free (well maybe a couple of million to Molde). That £50m can be used to buy half a Sancho.
I like the way he got Fellaini out pretty quietly and even with a way bigger budget than he's ever been used to previously I think he'll target the right kind of players in the summer, should he get the job. Judging by the way we've tried to play thus far, there is a certain type of player that fits that mold.
I think we've already decided to give him the job and will just delay that announcement until the end of the season. This way, he can plan any summer targets now, so we can hit the ground running transfer wise as soon as the window opens.
If we end up missing out on top4 by a few points, I don't think that will count against him given the position we were in when he arrived.

Eli Zee

Also if we don't sign him how at risk would you say we are of losing him to a smaller PL club eg your Leicester's or Evertons? I don't think he will be going back to Molde no matter what even if we don't appoint him.
Didn’t he say that the only club he would leave Molde for is Manchester United, since his kids do not want to move from their home

So basically, he loves Manchester United a lot

Dyslexic Untied

I think we should sign him regardless of how the season pans out. He has proven that he is the right man - all things considered.

I don't think we should do it yet though. I see no real upside in changing the current set-up with him as an interim manager at this stage. Give him the job immediately after the last game against Cardiff or when top 4 is secured (whichever is earlier).

Paul InceUlt

I think every thing he has done footballwise post playing career has to do with the prospect of one day getting the opportunity to manage United!

Now here he is, and he’s doing a good job!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucky Buttons

If we're gonna sign him, wouldn't Molde want to start looking for a replacement soon? Their season starts in a little while, and I can imagine they would want a replacement in as fast a possible....

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If we're gonna sign him, wouldn't Molde want to start looking for a replacement soon? Their season starts in a little while, and I can imagine they would want a replacement in as fast a possible....
Erling Moe is the current interim, he has been around their coaching setup for a long time. I think they'll just stick with him and see how it goes.

Revan

Assumptionman
He might have had games that ran away from him but i dont think ive seen Spurs have a game where they barely have a shot on target.
Aug 2014: Spurs 0-3 Liverpool (Shots on target 1)
March 2015: ManUtd 3-0 Spurs (shots on target 1)
Dec 2017: City 4-1 Spurs (Shots on target 2)
Feb 2017: Liverpool 2-0 Spurs (Shots on target 2)
Sep 2018: Watford 2-1 Spurs (Shots on target 2)
Oct 2018: Spurs 0-1 City (Shots on target 1)
Jan 2019: Chelsea 2-1 Spurs (Shots on target 1)
Roasted :lol::lol:

Lucky Buttons

Erling Moe is the current interim, he has been around their coaching setup for a long time. I think they'll just stick with him and see how it goes.
Cheers! Looks like they'll just promote him if Ole goes then. So we won't have any clues from them regarding Ole either.

Red4Life_#7

' Solskjaer has called on Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to step up and fill the void left by Rashford, Martial and Lingard '.

The sentence above is funny, 1 year ago it would not have be imaginable. Hopefully Solskjaer will get us off this roller-coaster and steady the ship :)

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
Poch is a very good manager but few ManUtd fans should calm down. Playing down Ole with nonsense excuses is just silly.
Poch doesn't get the same intense scrutiny as Ole either; Poch had a shocker at the weekend - got his tactics and subs wrong and then acted like a prize cnut at the final whistle. If that were Ole people would be using that as proof he's not up to the Utd job.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
:lol: You don't love him very much do you...?
He's ridiculously negative about everything related to United. Joined as a Nottingham Forest fan and has now changed his support section.

NorthBraxton

Not that it matters, but none of the players did that with Mourinho as far as I know. I don't even think any of them liked his birthday picture on Instagram that the club put out a few months back.

Revan

Assumptionman
Has anyone mentioned yet that Ole has won as many points in 10 matches this season, as Mourinho did in 17?

That probably deserves its own thread.

Eriku

Just to give some perspective, 2.6 points per game gets you to 98.8, which would have still seen us fall short last season! Standard nowadays is incredible. Looked like the gulf between top of the league and bottom was going to be eroded with new PL money, but actually it just got bigger.
:eek:

AJ10

Spurs haven't been good vs top teams (not talking about results) that's despite them playing good attacking football and having really good attacking players but cannot seem to create anything (based on your proof) which is strange when you consider the crazy praise spurs and Poch get.

This being your reply to the other poster, he did say " i dont think ive seen Spurs have a game where they barely have a shot on target" and your reply is to post 7 games over 4+ years (:lol:) which is really good by spurs , i am not sure this post had the intended effect you hoped for but proved (based on your examples) how spurs barely have games where they have small amount of shots on target.

Coxy

He's ridiculously negative about everything related to United. Joined as a Nottingham Forest fan and has now changed his support section.
I'm not negative at all - I'm just realistic mate. As for joining as a Forest fan. That was years ago mate. I'm not a hardcore fan on here of course not (never been to a match) but United is my team. United are the ones I stream, and follow the news, and take part on the forum here. Am I a hardcore fan? Hell no. But I support United. I'm into my football properly now. When I joined in 2006 I was not. It's hard to explain, but I realised I was a Utd fan over time. 1999 was when I fell in love with the team, and when I fell in love with football in general. It took a while to realise I didn't really care about my then local team. I was a proper armchair fan for Forest, just because all my friends supported them and then gradually as I fell in love more and more with football after 99 I knew I was a proper United fan. Hope that helps explain it a bit.

Sorry if I come across negative, I don't mean to. I just don't wax lyrical as some do.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Spurs haven't been good vs top teams (not talking about results) that's despite them playing good attacking football and having really good attacking players but cannot seem to create anything (based on your proof) which is strange when you consider the crazy praise spurs and Poch get.

This being your reply to the other poster, he did say " i dont think ive seen Spurs have a game where they barely have a shot on target" and your reply is to post 7 games over 4+ years (:lol:) which is really good by spurs , i am not sure this post had the intended effect you hoped for but proved (based on your examples) how spurs barely have games where they have small amount of shots on target.
There are so many games where Spurs had just 3 shots on target even vs lesser teams. I just listed games where they had 2 or less shots on target and I didn't even check all the games. I checked games randomly.

Edit: it also had intended effect as he never saw any game where Spurs barely had shot on target and I gave him few games.

Last edited:

Kag

What I secretly feared about Ole was that he might be an idealist. I think he is - a bit. But not to the detriment of performances (see Sarri). I thought we’d look better going forward but was a little worried that we ship a lot of goals in the process.

After the early rush of goals, it’s actually been the his pragmatism that has shone through. Whether it be the diamond and split strikers or the hard-nosed midfield trio of Herrera, Matic and Pogba. He’s really tightened up the team and reminded people that we do have some good defenders at the club. We’ve conceded six goals in ten league games, two (or three) of which were penalties/set pieces. That’s seriously good.

You look at a team of Ole, Phelan, Carrick and McKenna and see so much promise. Give them the gig and back them with some serious money in the summer. We can do anything.

Sauldogba

I stand corrected.

:lol:

The Poch fanboys need to feck off already, he is not coming here, and I doubt he is leaving Spurs at all. He is comfortable at Spurs where he has great job security, and no expectations apart from top 4, from both fans and owners. As long as that is achieved, he is safe ansd secure in his job.
Instead of sending sumbliminals quote me directly.
And i am far from a Poch fan boy

Minimalist

Has anyone mentioned yet that Ole has won as many points in 10 matches this season, as Mourinho did in 17?

That probably deserves its own thread.
I approve of a ‘Mourinho was shite and is a wanker’ thread.

AJ10

There are so many games where Spurs had just 3 shots on target even vs lesser teams. I just listed games where they had 2 or less shots on target and I didn't even check all the games. I checked games randomly.

Edit: it also had intended effect as he never saw any game where Spurs barely had shot on target and I gave him few games.
As I said, based on examples that you provided.