Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's interview

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So he's supposed to keep

A) Overweight, overpaid, under performing and grossly unprofessional Lukaku just for shit n giggles?
B) Sanchez.... see above, bar the over weight but clearly grossly unfit (constant injuries)

Instead opts for the long term view of promoting and continually involving youth players who have

A) Far better attitudes
B) Superior fitness levels
C) Greater Upside

The reality is he took over a squad full of poor senior players (any number of reasons why as listed above and more) and untested / not ready youth players... I think we call this scenario a rock and a hard place.

As you can clearly see, its not rocket science.
Hilariously daft post. Lukaku was 19 goals shipped from the squad. Regardless of his weight concerns, the man could put the ball in the back of the net better than anyone we currently have. Selling him with no one established line up was naieve and well, stupid.

Glossing over your ridiculous bias, being "hungry" or having a potentially "greater upside" means feck all if you haven't established anything, or if it's not realised. You're just sitting on an armchair, assuming there is greater upside. Obviously most of the players he has named aren't ready to take the mantle completely from established players, so yes it isn't rocket science to keep Lukaku. And after selling Lukaku, it made no sense to sell Sanchez. The man was nearing in on fitness, was always hungry to kick on, had a decent copa America and AT WORST would be a decent squad option to look to in stages such as this. We still pay half his wages for fecksake it's beggars belief.

And you conveniently forgot Fellaini and Herrera. Selling two players who would make an impact on your midfield and at least allow Pogba to be deployed further up was again, daft. Now here we are, 2 midfielders unreplaced, 2 attackers unreplaced and still no fecking right winger. So yes, it's pretty fecking stupid to say the least.

The argument of us needing to do it in other windows is half baked. Sell when you have the replacement, and buy when right players are available. There were multiple options for us in these positions outright ignored because we were dicking around or reportedly after a Brexit FC side. If Ole knew he wasn't getting a single attacker this window, then don't sell 2 for fecksake. If he knew we weren't getting a single midfielder then again, don't sell 2.

Changing the squad is fine, but do it while buying the right players. Don't rip us into a skeleton side and have us even less competitive. He could have sold one attacker one midfielder Smalling, Darmien and that's still progress in the cull.

Keefy18

Again... open your eyes. He might be there 9 games in but he’s already playing better football than Ole. Do I think Lampard will win Chelsea the league? Probably not but he’s building something when they was in the same position as us. Lost.

Long term vision enit. The club has it and you believe it so why can’t you accept my long term vision that Chong won’t make it?
Was Ole's football not lauded over in those opening 10-12 games as well?

Gas thing is I don't think Ole will win us a league either but how is that Lampard is "building something" with youth players, whilst Ole who is doing exactly the same...isn't.

So full of it.

Look, your having a tantrum clearly cause its not instantly brilliant and you can't stomach a season of pain to get things right long term.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's the moronic keyboard "supporters" that are dredging up all this Ole out sh*te lets be perfectly honest cause OT the last few games has actually had a great atmosphere! From start to finish of the Rochdale match songs were sung!

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying regarding issues at board level as well, they've backed managers with huge sums of money previously and I'm sure in time Ole will too. This is however the only time in 7 years they seem to finally settled on a plan and will stick with it even if it means a season of pain ahead, but... you say the fans aren't to blame, yet you look around on here and those willing to give him time are in an extreme minority.

BTW, It clearly isn't just British players cause attempted to sign Dybala and Eriksen.

I think he would like a group of talented young English players in there and that's no harm but he's not looking for a full XI of British / English players.
Problem with me is it is probably not a good idea trying to get my thoughts across when I am in the middle of cooking dinner and keep going away from the keyboard. :lol: We will have to see where all this goes, but it is more the coaches I am worried about than Ole to be honest. As I said he knows where he wants to go and they type of players he wants, but they still need to be coached and that to me is where it is all falling down.

TrueRed79

Standard PR bullshit that managers have to do. He can talk all he wants, hit the right notes etc but it what happens on the pitch what ultimately matters most. His record since he was made permanent is abysmal and unacceptable. I really do hope he finds something from somewhere and rescues the situation but i can't see it with him. Awful subs, poor tactics and no cohesion in the team. The only positive i can take from this season is that we do concede less chances but the football has been boring beyond belief. I have turned off the tv twice already this season.

sugar_kane

This “Brexit FC” thing that’s circling around is tragic.

Those three players were all good signings regardless of their nationality. I honestly get the impression part of the animosity towards him is because he hasn’t yet signed any glamorous International talent to keep the fifa career mode idiots happy.

Out of interest I checked Klopp’s win percentage for his first season at Liverpool (as I remembered it being fairly shaky) and it was 45%... imagine how that would have gone down on the Caf and Twitter.

Ole has one of the hardest jobs in the world right now - he needs to sort out a complete mess of a squad, completely overhaul our way of playing while never being allowed any poor performances or bad results - all the while the media and our own “fans” savage him at every opportunity.

These things take time and we should give him it, at least this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Again, we seem to be blaming Ole for the lack of transfers. How thick do you have to be to just assume it's all his fault and Woody and the Glazers are doing a grand job? Reminds me of people going on about Nigel Farage protecting our fishermen - the guy who was offered a seat on the EU Fishery committee and didn't even bother turning up to a single meeting. But it's all some other cnut's fault, not Farage.

I have a feeling Ole was kind of OK with getting fecked by Woody on not getting a striker, midfielder or right winger and still having to shift Lukaku and Sanchez anyway, but there's no way in hell he didn't ask for replacements. I was sure Fernandes and Ben Yedder were in the bag but the finance chumps vetoed them I reckon. He should have insisted but then with these stupid cnuts he probably wouldn't have got anywhere anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not really Ole in that sense. It's the general reported viewpoint of the club, where pundits and journalists are saying we are after British Young talent. Why

Keefy18

Hilariously daft post. Lukaku was 19 goals shipped from the squad. Regardless of his weight concerns, the man could put the ball in the back of the net better than anyone we currently have. Selling him with no one established line up was naieve and well, stupid.
What's hilariously daft is folks defending Lukaku going to social media to mock his team mates. Same morons would then rush to social media to slate players with bad attitudes, being over paid and under performing...

If Ole had kept him you'd then say he was spineless and bending to player power, he's a coward and afraid of getting rid.

As Fergie always said, the manager has to have complete power... No player is bigger than the club.

But do carry on with your waffle.

Glossing over your ridiculous bias, being "hungry" or having a potentially "greater upside" means feck all if you haven't established anything, or if it's not realised. You're just sitting on an armchair, assuming there is greater upside. Obviously most of the players he has named aren't ready to take the mantle completely from established players, so yes it isn't rocket science to keep Lukaku. And after selling Lukaku, it made no sense to sell Sanchez. The man was nearing in on fitness, was always hungry to kick on, had a decent copa America and AT WORST would be a decent squad option to look to in stages such as this.
International football in South America is feckin dreadful, it is of a slower pace and less physically demanding...AND...Guess what.... Sanchez still got injured...Again!

And you conveniently forgot Fellaini and Herrera. Selling two players who would make an impact on your midfield and at least allow Pogba to be deployed further up was again, daft. Now here we are, 2 midfielders unreplaced, 2 attackers unreplaced and still no fecking right winger. So yes, it's pretty fecking stupid to say the least.
Didn't forget them at all, but if you want to talk about them...Lets shall we?

You mean Fellaini who openly mocked the club publicly after getting his bumper new deal? What a pro!

Herrera who refused to sign a new deal and make unrealistic demands in wages for the best part of 2 years? Oh an Herrera who can't get a game at PSG and when he finally did was awful and lost 2-0.

The argument of us needing to do it in other windows is half baked. Sell when you have the replacement, and buy when right players are available. There were multiple options for us in these positions outright ignored because we were dicking around or reportedly after a Brexit FC side.
Again, rock and hard place.

If he keeps he is a coward to the fools in our midst. He is spineless and wasn't he slaughtered all summer long about his post Everton comments about "some players won't be here next season?"... Then when he does that, you slaughter him still.

In an ideal world we sell and replace with world class players, but you know what the reality is... what world class player is going to be killing themselves to sign for us right now? NONE!

This is a key thing the half witted folks in our midst don't think about.

They think, Manchester United...the pure arrogance and deluded thought's of many is that we have a divine right to sign absolutely whoever we like and every single player would kill to play for us, sorry to burst your bubble but that isn't that case at all.

I'm absolutely fed up, exhausted of clueless, keyboard warrior types that plague our threads these days that think we've a god given right to challenge for leagues every year, we don't.

Ferguson was the anomaly, not the norm.

We've reverted to a normal club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Again, we seem to be blaming Ole for the lack of transfers. How thick do you have to be to just assume it's all his fault and Woody and the Glazers are doing a grand job?.
If he wasn't sure on replacing Lukaku and Sanchez he shouldn't have signed off on selling both. Same for Fellaini and Herrera.

It's very weird how you can't hold a manager accountable along with Woodward for that sort of forward planning. It's not like Ole's locked in a room and has no say on progression. He obviously knew when we sold these players that no one was really far in the pipeline to replace them.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Again, we seem to be blaming Ole for the lack of transfers. How thick do you have to be to just assume it's all his fault and Woody and the Glazers are doing a grand job? Reminds me of people going on about Nigel Farage protecting our fishermen - the guy who was offered a seat on the EU Fishery committee and didn't even bother turning up to a single meeting. But it's all some other cnut's fault, not Farage.

I have a feeling Ole was kind of OK with getting fecked by Woody on not getting a striker, midfielder or right winger and still having to shift Lukaku and Sanchez anyway, but there's no way in hell he didn't ask for replacements. I was sure Fernandes and Ben Yedder were in the bag but the finance chumps vetoed them I reckon. He should have insisted but then with these stupid cnuts he probably wouldn't have got anywhere anyway.
No everyone is to blame. If he was ok to shift players without replacements then thats his fault.

He could have insisted on replacements first before sanctioning sales if he wanted.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, he has to bear some of the responsibility.

As does Woodward, as does the scouting department etc

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Glossing over your ridiculous bias, being "hungry" or having a potentially "greater upside" means feck all if you haven't established anything, or if it's not realised. You're just sitting on an armchair, assuming there is greater upside. Obviously most of the players he has named aren't ready to take the mantle completely from established players, so yes it isn't rocket science to keep Lukaku. And after selling Lukaku, it made no sense to sell Sanchez. The man was nearing in on fitness, was always hungry to kick on, had a decent copa America and AT WORST would be a decent squad option to look to in stages such as this. We still pay half his wages for fecksake it's beggars belief.

The argument of us needing to do it in other windows is half baked. Sell when you have the replacement, and buy when right players are available. There were multiple options for us in these positions outright ignored because we were dicking around or reportedly after a Brexit FC side. If Ole knew he wasn't getting a single attacker this window, then don't sell 2 for fecksake. If he knew we weren't getting a single midfielder then again, don't sell 2.

Changing the squad is fine, but do it while buying the right players. Don't rip us into a skeleton side and have us even less competitive. He could have sold one attacker one midfielder Smalling, Darmien and that's still progress in the cull.
I think Greenwood will net 12+ this season. Lets talk once the season ends.

youngrell

Season expectations = tough fight for a top 4 spot with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, and a few outsiders knocking on the door, while we rebuild for the future.

Season reality = tough fight for a top 4 spot with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, and a few outsiders knocking on the door, while we rebuild for the future.

So why do fans keep on like a nun’s knickers all the fecking time. It’s tedious.

JohnnyLaw

No everyone is to blame. If he was ok to shift players without replacements then thats his fault.

He could have insisted on replacements first before sanctioning sales if he wanted.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, he has to bear some of the responsibility.

As does Woodward, as does the scouting department etc
I don’t think it’s that easy. Suppose we wait another 6-12 months to offload them, we may find ourselves with no takers whereas now we had the opportunity to make significant deals for them that could facilitate a higher level of spending in the future.

It’s a hope, but it’s not completely unrealistic that we’ll look back at those deals as imperative in the coming windows in order to make the steps necessary to kick start this new project. But it’s really down to the board now.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Gas thing is I don't think Ole will win us a league either but how is that Lampard is "building something" with youth players, whilst Ole who is doing exactly the same...isn't.

So full of it.

Look, your having a tantrum clearly cause its not instantly brilliant and you can't stomach a season of pain to get things right long term.
If you were capable of taking off the red tinted glasses, you could see the decline in our football began after 3 games.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's hilariously daft is folks defending Lukaku going to social media to mock his team mates. Same morons would then rush to social media to slate players with bad attitudes, being over paid and under performing...
If Ole had kept him you'd then say he was spineless and bending to player power, he's a coward and afraid of getting rid.

As Fergie always said, the manager has to have complete power... No player is bigger than the club.

But do carry on with your waffle.
His "mocking" happened at a stage where he was too far gone. Ole had already made the decision to sell long before that. You think he was sold because he mocked his team mates? Jog on.

You want to know what happens when you sell your best striker and don't replace him? Look at Costa at Chelsea with Conte. Now Lukaku is no Costa, but his goal impact was material to our season just like Costa and Ole has sold him and 3 others without replacement. You're a bit dim if you think that's not naieve.
International football in South America is feckin dreadful, it is of a slower pace and less physically demanding...AND...Guess what.... Sanchez still got injured...Again!
We all know what his level can be when fully fit. We all know when fit he can be of good purpose. We are paying half his wages, it's a daft move and it shows even more today when we have fecking PEREIRA in the front 3.
Didn't forget them at all, but if you want to talk about them...Lets shall we?

You mean Fellaini who openly mocked the club publicly after getting his bumper new deal? What a pro!

Herrera who refused to sign a new deal and make unrealistic demands in wages for the best part of 2 years? Oh an Herrera who can't get a game at PSG and when he finally did was awful and lost 2-0.
Oh grow up youl find players speaking out of line all the time. Pogba has spoken of new challenges, Eriksen speaks openly about wanting out. "Openly mocked the club" - its such a frivolous term. Sell when you have a replacement. Don't sell because they hurt your feelings.

Is your Herrera point some sort of wind up? You can't be serious. Herrera was a very good servant to the club and players haggle over contracts all the time. You need a real view of the world, no one these days will sign for a club and not try and get the best deal. Moreover his wages weren't that unrealistic because a club was more than happy to pay them despite him being a squad player. He's more established in his role than Rashford is, so I'd have no problem seeing him on 200k for 2 years. Point is, we still didn't replace him :lol:. Daft.
Again, rock and hard place.

If he keeps he is a coward to the fools in our midst. He is spineless and wasn't he slaughtered all summer long about his post Everton comments about "some players won't be here next season?"... Then when he does that, you slaughter him still.

In an ideal world we sell and replace with world class players, but you know what the reality is... what world class player is going to be killing themselves to sign for us right now? NONE!
Left the most nonsensical part of the post last I see.
No one would call him a coward because as I said he'd have culled 4 players which is still a fair bit in your first fecking window. He could drop Lukaku and keep him on bench to send a message and everyone is happy. Or he could have sold Lukaku and kept Sanchez, no one will call him a coward because we all know Sanchez is hard to shift fully with his wages. Instead we entered into a shitty deal for him where we still pay him to score goals for Inter.
When did I say world class? Here's a list of players that would 1) materially improve our squad 2) went for great value and 3) are in the positions we need:

- Ndombele (40m)
- Haller (40m I think too?)
- Lozano (40m EUR)
- Brandt/even Thorgan Hazard (combined 45m)
- Hakem Ziyech (decent release clause)

Whilst granting a couple may have not been achievable for unknown reasons, I can pick at least 2 that were open goals (Haller, Lozano).

This is a key thing the half witted folks in our midst don't think about.

They think, Manchester United...the pure arrogance and deluded thought's of many is that we have a divine right to sign absolutely whoever we like and every single player would kill to play for us, sorry to burst your bubble but that isn't that case at all.

Ferguson was the anomaly, not the norm.

We've reverted to a normal club.
You think Haller wouldnt have wanted to join us? Lozano? feck me you're so far up Ole's crack he can do no wrong for you isn't it :lol:

I'm absolutely fed up, exhausted of clueless, keyboard warrior types that plague our threads these days that think we've a god given right to challenge for leagues every year, we don't.
No one said we should challenge a league title this year. What the feck are you even on? Literally not a single person in this thread would think that this season.

Last edited:

JohnnyLaw

Again... open your eyes. He might be there 9 games in but he’s already playing better football than Ole. Do I think Lampard will win Chelsea the league? Probably not but he’s building something when they was in the same position as us. Lost.

Long term vision enit. The club has it and you believe it so why can’t you accept my long term vision that Chong won’t make it?
Let’s not forget that even despite the transfer ban Chelsea has one of the most well balanced squads in the league although lacking a bit of top quality. He’s got at least 2 competent options for every position in his team so he’s clearly got an advantage over Ole at this point in time.

Giroud/Abraham/Batshuayi

Pulisic/CHO- Willian/Pedro

Mount/RLC- Barkley/Kovacic-Jorginho/Kante

Alonso/Emerson- Azbilicueta/James

Andersen/Zouma- Rüdiger/Tomori

Kepa/Caballero

That’s a damn solid squad to be honest. They’ve had a few injuries themselves but you really couldn’t tell apart anyone’s been missing apart from Rüdiger and Kante of course but they can still make due.

Rafaeldagold

Season expectations = tough fight for a top 4 spot with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, and a few outsiders knocking on the door, while we rebuild for the future.

Season reality = tough fight for a top 4 spot with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, and a few outsiders knocking on the door, while we rebuild for the future.

So why do fans keep on like a nun’s knickers all the fecking time. It’s tedious.
You’re incredibly deluded if you think we’re in the top 4 race.

We’re so so far off the pace I expect we’ll honestly finish mid table if we stick with Ole

Cassidy

I don’t think it’s that easy. Suppose we wait another 6-12 months to offload them, we may find ourselves with no takers whereas now we had the opportunity to make significant deals for them that could facilitate a higher level of spending in the future.

It’s a hope, but it’s not completely unrealistic that we’ll look back at those deals as imperative in the coming windows in order to make the steps necessary to kick start this new project. But it’s really down to the board now.
I'm not even saying he was wrong, I am saying he has to bear some responsibility. You're missing the point here.
He cannot be absolved from responsibility of those decisions and the responsibility all put on Woodward

Even beyond those 2 the scouting department also have to bear some responsibility

TrueRed79

Those three players were all good signings regardless of their nationality. I honestly get the impression part of the animosity towards him is because he hasn’t yet signed any glamorous International talent to keep the fifa career mode idiots happy.

Out of interest I checked Klopp’s win percentage for his first season at Liverpool (as I remembered it being fairly shaky) and it was 45%... imagine how that would have gone down on the Caf and Twitter.

Ole has one of the hardest jobs in the world right now - he needs to sort out a complete mess of a squad, completely overhaul our way of playing while never being allowed any poor performances or bad results - all the while the media and our own “fans” savage him at every opportunity.

These things take time and we should give him it, at least this season.
Horrible take on literally everything. I was going to take the time to reply to each point you made but it's so bad i just can't be bothered. Only point i will make is that you are right, he is allowed bad performances, that's par for the course but you also have to have tangible evidence to back up that you are steering things in the right direction. Last 20 games has shown that he isn't, so stop kidding yourself with deluded ideas you have posted above.

RuudTom83

I’m somewhat accepting the results will be all over the place this season.

But considering the last 7 years I’m fine with giving Woody/Ole another transfer window to focus on the midfield.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Sheep will be sheep.
Can you elaborate on this? Like, what exactly do you think the players and managers are going to do or say leading up to a game? Do you want them to not talk to the press or give interviews?

davidmichael

So this is where I am with Ole.

He does absolutely get the club. He is absolutely right in the way he's doing things behind the scenes in regards to the squad. He or Ed were negligent in not replacing sanchez/lukaku and a right winger. However, everything he's doing within the structure is exactly what we need. However, as a manager of games, he is poor. And unfortunately this is the most important aspect of being a manager, or at least an integral part. He would be absolutely perfect as a director of football or head of transfers. However, as a manager his lack of tactical expertise and poor substitution management is going to be his downfall. He won't be here in two years time to see the results of this work. Aston Villa play better football on the break than we do, hell Andros Townsend is a better finisher than half of our forward line. It's absolutely embarrassing the state of the squad, despite all of Ole's transfers being pretty much perfect, we needed far more of them.
I’m 100% with you on this, Ole knows the type of player we need and understands everything about the club but simply isn’t anywhere near the level needed to coach the team or manage it.

I know we’ve longed for a Director Of Football/Sporting Director that’s experienced in the role and has contacts throughout the game but that doesn’t mean they’d get United or be the right fit for us, Ole may not have the experience but ticks every other box required.

I think that Pochettino as manager/head coach with Ole as Director Of Football/Sporting Director is the absolute perfect balance and the best solution outside of a magic wand and Klopp or Pep, it’s clear Pochettino needs out of Spurs as he’s hit the wall there and it’s clearer that Ole doesn’t have the tactical nous or management ability needed.

Thiagoal

I’d love to spend a week on the training ground seeing all the wonderful coaching the players are receiving as on match day we always look like a group of individuals that have never met? Where are all the clever free kicks or one touch passing movements to unlock stubborn defences? I see no evidence at all! In fact they’d probably do as well if they took the week off and just went to their local gym!

Rafaeldagold

I’d love to spend a week on the training ground seeing all the wonderful coaching the players are receiving as on match day we always look like a group of individuals that have never met? Where are all the clever free kicks or one touch passing movements to unlock stubborn defences? I see no evidence at all! In fact they’d probably do as well if they took the week off and just went to their local gym!
Me too. It’s non existent.

I know it’s hard for the Ole fan boys to hear but Ole simply isn’t a good enough manager for us. It’s as simple as that.

JohnnyLaw

I'm not even saying he was wrong, I am saying he has to bear some responsibility. You're missing the point here.
He cannot be absolved from responsibility of those decisions and the responsibility all put on Woodward

Even beyond those 2 the scouting department also have to bear some responsibility
I agree but while you're not saying it, it's my understanding that alot of people on here are. In the short term they're almost certainly right, at least in the case of Lukaku. In the long term though, we should expect an unprecedented level of spending in the coming windows due to these deals, and if Solskjaer can spend that money as competently as he did in the summer then we could be way better off.

If we don't spend however, I think we can safely say that's solely the responsibility of the board.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I agree but while you're not saying it, it's my understanding that alot of people on here are. In the short term they're almost certainly right, at least in the case of Lukaku. In the long term though, we should expect an unprecedented level of spending in the coming windows due to these deals, and if Solskjaer can spend that money as competently as he did in the summer then we could be way better off.

If we don't spend however, I think we can safely say that's solely the responsibility of the board.
Thing is, Ole had said himself he was consulted on the transfer business even when he was a caretaker manager. So I'm sure they would have drawn up a rebuilding plan. Spending an "unprecedented" amount in the long term is fine, but it needs to be managed in tandem with the quality of the squad. In other words, cull half your team when you are undergoing large amounts of said "unprecedented" spending. If you're not going to fix the attack yet, don't sell your efficient attackers. Same goes for midfield.

But if we park the transfer debate aside, I think a bigger gripe that supporters have here is that we don't actually look coached whatsoever. Quality is one thing, but I don't really see a pattern of play or a system of attack. I'm unsure what we're doing in training.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Unbelievable that so many on here would rather we kept Lukaku, Sanchez and even Fellaini ffs!

Do you all not recall watching them play for us? They ALL HAD LEAVE replaced or not! Lukaku scored only 12 league goals last season, he and his poor attitude, donkey first touch and love in with Conte will not be missed. He's scored 20 league goals once btw.

Sanchez? Does his time at the club really need pointing out?

Fellaini? Haha, scraping the barrel there!

We're not a great team right now, we have some excellent young players but unfortunately they're backed up by poor 'experienced' players ie Matic, Young, Mata Pogba etc who are not doing the business for various reasons (legs gone, want to leave)

What we are seeing is what was predicted at the beginning of the season by those with sense. Its going to be ugly at times and we're going to struggle against certain teams and we're going to do well against others. It was always going to get worse before it gets better.

Have you all forgotten already how bad it was at the end of Mourinho's time here? Why does Ole's record only count from when he was made permanent? Why not from when he actually took over in December?

Smores

There's just no substance to his interviews at all. Just pointless empty statements which given the state we're in is not reassuring at all.

Cassidy

We haven't seen if the spending has been competent yet. Many said the same about Di Maria after 6 games and also Matic

The jury is out on Maguire for 80m for instance.

Even then the jury is out on whether or not Ole can get a style of play across.

It is for this reason a DOF overseeing a strategy would have made sense rather than having another round of unprecedented spending at the behest of a manager who may not be here in 12 months. Will the next guy also want to sell of of those players and start again?

Maybe the transfer committee we apparently have will help. However anyone suggesting our signing have been a success after 6 games has lot the plot

Thiagoal

We haven't seen if the spending has been competent yet. Many said the same about Di Maria after 6 games and also Matic

The jury is out on Maguire for 80m for instance.

Even then the jury is out on whether or not Ole can get a style of play across.

It is for this reason a DOF overseeing a strategy would have made sense rather than having another round of unprecedented spending at the behest of a manager who may not be here in 12 months. Will the next guy also want to sell of of those players and start again?

Maybe the transfer committee we apparently have will help. However anyone suggesting our signing have been a success after 6 games has lot the plot
This is how I feel also! There are big question marks over AWB and Harry Maguire. Ole is talking like they’ve been sensational; has he not seen our abysmal away performances and record? I love AWB’s effort and tackling but to get us back to the top you need full backs that can contribute in attack- especially against the fodder in the league! I’m happy to wait and see if he can add this attribute though! Maguire (apart from a couple of great performances) has not done any better than Smalling would have done imo

Mainoldo

So full of it.

I’m not going to lie to you. This sounds as top red as it gets. No United fans like losing and why should we?

Ole had caretaker buzz it happens all the time. If the club had took there time like most non biased pundits have said they would have assessed the right manager for the role. It was a good run of Pogba brilliance nothing else.. and shock horror guess who had a point to prove? There was nothing special Ole was doing. As far as Lampard goes I really don’t expect you to see the difference as your clearly coming across as someone that didn’t realise Liverpool’s Klopp was on a better momentum than our second finishing team and look now.. But yes you keep your long term vision hope :lol:

dirkey

Every single player leaving us are those that wanted out. The biggest change for me is that Ole is focusing on players invested in the long term future of the club. The build will happen over multiple windows so we need patience.
Wow. What patience you have. A full month passed between your call for patience, that it needs to happen in multiple windows, and then saying it's a half baked strategy. Even by the short termism of the caf, that's impressive.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We all know what they are trying to do, what we don’t see is evidence of it on the pitch. I fear Ole has given his loyalty and trust to players that are simply not good enough and this will cost him the job. Players like Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc is no way near being the quality we need in a starting eleven.
May be he knows that but just cant ship 18 players in one or two transfer windows