Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's interview

Lemansky

We all know what they are trying to do, what we don’t see is evidence of it on the pitch. I fear Ole has given his loyalty and trust to players that are simply not good enough and this will cost him the job. Players like Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc is no way near being the quality we need in a starting eleven.

Eric7C

If extracting a bunch of cliches is journalism, bravo Sky Sports!

red4ever 79

If we put as much effort out on the pitch as we seem to do on PR and Marketing we would win the fecking league every year

GenZRed

As others have said, I've heard enough from interviews. It is time to walk the walk. Rashford 'I'd die for Man United' yet I cannot even see 90 minutes of hard work on the pitch every week, when he does play.

AaronRedDevil

We all know what they are trying to do, what we don’t see is evidence of it on the pitch. I fear Ole has given his loyalty and trust to players that are simply not good enough and this will cost him the job. Players like Lingard, Pereira, Mata etc is no way near being the quality we need in a starting eleven.
That's the way it's been for the last few years. Managers putting trust in the players we have and of course they are just not good enough, so they fail which makes them look bad, which gets them sacked. It's like a vicious cycle. Need get rid of a lot of players and rebuild again. At least the defence is better and still have De Gea, so that's some progress. Hope they buy a lot of midfielders next summer, because when Pogba leaves, we'll need a lot of replacements. Least Ole got rid of a lot of deadwood. Strikers are only as good if they got the midfield to back them up and play the right passes. We are forced to be patient man, it's gonna be a rough season. But I still have some hope.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
He just couldn’t replace everyone at once. Based on signings I’d love to get some players in at january.

Wolff

Time for talking has already ended for me at this point, we need to see evidence on the pitch.
It is right in front of you, if you actually open your eyes..
He just couldn’t replace everyone at once. Based on signings I’d love to get some players in at january.
No one can! It’s why it’s called a rebuild, and why you hit bumps along the way. People want results. People can’t see what trying to do. It’s allways the same at every club. As it stand Ole had a better start than both Klopp and Poch to their reign. But what really is surprising is the negativity and all the short sighted abuse! Thank feck people going to games have a higher standard, or this project would be dead already!

I’m out of posts Rafagoald! Not getting worse, getting better! West ham game was shit. Leicester wasn’t all good either. But there is a reason for that! It’s called personnel! Press isn’t there, and there is a reason for that. Movement isn’t there. And it there is a reason for that to. The people going to the games actually offer support! That dosent happen here. Most people don’t even bother educating them self behind a result. Dosent mean everything is rosy red. But every action has a reaction! Do you really think Ole abandoning the block press he was implementing when he came here?! No, he didn’t. There is a reason for that! Do you really think he didn’t want to replace Herrera? One of the things he banged on about was Pogba playing with freedom. It is what it is, and he is doing the best he can with what he has. But it is actually true! Ole got more points from 27 games than Klopp and Poch did. Not that I think I matter though..

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nor is Scott McTominay tbh. More than the players you listed, he’s a fixture in the XI, and isn’t a good player. If Ole thinks he’s going to be the cornerstone of his midfield going forward then he’s a fecking fool. At least the others are mere bench players.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This is always funny. People seem to have a hard time understanding they have to give intervjues from time to time and they have to fill them in with words and sentences.

Edit: @red4ever 79, I wasn't meant to reply to you.

Rafaeldagold

It is right in front of you, if you actually open your eyes..

No one can! It’s why it’s called a rebuild, and why you hit bumps along the way. People want results. People can’t see what trying to do. It’s allways the same at every club. As it stand Ole had a better start than both Klopp and Poch to their reign. But what really is surprising is the negativity and all the short sighted abuse! Thank feck people going to games have a higher standard, or this project would be dead already!
Total rubbish. Our performances have been getting worse. You should open your eyes, as Ole hasn’t implemented any identity at all & he’s had long enough. We look as clueless like under Moyes.

A higher standard? Don’t give me that pompous rubbish. You’re a top red for supporting a below average manager? Who’s dragging us down?

What happened to your standards?

Keefy18

Total rubbish. Our performances have been getting worse. You should open your eyes, as Ole hasn’t implemented any identity at all & he’s had long enough. We look as clueless like under Moyes.

A higher standard? Don’t give me that pompous rubbish. You’re a top red for supporting a below average manager? Who’s dragging us down?

What happened to your standards?
Reality is this, it simply doesn't matter what name is on the managers door at this point due to supporters like you being completely incapable of applying logic.

Supporters like you seem to think we can instantly go from 7 years of failure to being one of the leagues best sides in a matter of months.

So again, it could be a tried and tested and successful manager (LVG, Jose) or a younger manager like Ole, folks like you simply don't allow any time frame at all.

Lemansky

Our squad is paper thin. The first eleven, when everyone is fit, looks decent and would stand a decent chance getting top 4. When we miss players like Martial, Pogba and Shaw at the same time we will suffer. This would be the same for every manager. Hopefully we use the January window in a good way.

PaulRich

If our form over the next 15 games matches the last 15, we're in deep deep shit and it wont be CL qualification we're talking about. He hasn't got long to arrest the slump....

MrSingh2002

Sounds like propaganda in case we get smashed by Arsenal. feck that shit. This is no different to Moyes.

Rafaeldagold

Reality is this, it simply doesn't matter what name is on the managers door at this point due to supporters like you being completely incapable of applying logic.

Supporters like you seem to think we can instantly go from 7 years of failure to being one of the leagues best sides in a matter of months.

So again, it could be a tried and tested and successful manager (LVG, Jose) or a younger manager like Ole, folks like you simply don't allow any time frame at all.
Reality is there is no point entrusting a rebuild & giving the reigns of the biggest club in England to someone not capable enough.

I’m all for giving time & patience to the right man.

Ole is not that man

LARulz

What is he trying to do? I have seen no coherent footballing plan/structure since he joined. At least when Klopp etc. struggled when they first came, you knew what they tried to do and could tell he just needed his players. There is seemingly no footballing plan whatsoever in our matches

MrSingh2002

What is he trying to do? I have seen no coherent footballing plan/structure since he joined. At least when Klopp etc. struggled when they first came, you knew what they tried to do and could tell he just needed his players. There is seemingly no footballing plan whatsoever in our matches
I agree, Ole's a romantic. Not a world class football coach. Time for him to go back to being an ex footballing legend. Signing 3 good players doesn't make up for average coaching and poor results.

Keefy18

Reality is there is no point entrusting a rebuild & giving the reigns of the biggest club in England to someone not capable enough.

I’m all for giving time & patience to the right man.

Ole is not that man
Reality is,

he has done exactly as 99% of our supporters have asked...

1) Removed deadwood - He's done more with the squad in 9 months (ONE Transfer window) than Jose did in 2 and half years (5 Transfers windows) for god sake!
2) Promoted and involved youth, Heavily!
3) Addressed key areas in our defence.

You're not one for giving patience clearly cause as I've just proven matter of fact he is doing what was asked of him but because we aren't Barca circa 2008 he has to go?

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Then don't sell 4 potentially useful players all at once.

It's not really rocket science.

Madzik_92

Reality is,

1) Removed deadwood - He's done more with the squad in 9 months (ONE Transfer window) than Jose did in 2 and half years (5 Transfers windows) for god sake!

Your not one for giving patience clearly cause as I've just proven matter of fact he is doing what was asked of him but because we aren't Barca circa 2008 he has to go?
Why this kind of post again? We want him gone because, we can't see any style of play at all. Dreadful football all around. Do we need another 500M to beat likes of Rochdale? Astana? . Patience?why should we patience for clueless manager? Have you seen how Lampard's team playing? Eventhough their defence is a problem, but you can clearly see what he want from his team. But us? Nope. All tall playing attacking football but all we play is counter attacking football.

Keefy18

Then don't sell 4 potentially useful players all at once.

It's not really rocket science.
So he's supposed to keep

A) Overweight, overpaid, under performing and grossly unprofessional Lukaku just for shit n giggles?
B) Sanchez.... see above, bar the over weight but clearly grossly unfit (constant injuries)

Instead opts for the long term view of promoting and continually involving youth players who have

A) Far better attitudes
B) Superior fitness levels
C) Greater Upside

The reality is he took over a squad full of poor senior players (any number of reasons why as listed above and more) and untested / not ready youth players... I think we call this scenario a rock and a hard place.

As you can clearly see, its not rocket science.

Coxy

They are good enough to beat a team like Rochdale

Judas

Open to offers
I know interacting with an abusive troll is idiotic on my part, but what is higher standard about settling for mediocrity? I don’t want people at games to give the team/manager abuse, but settling for what we’re seeing simply doesn’t make you a better Utd fan.

Mainoldo

Reality is,

You're not one for giving patience clearly cause as I've just proven matter of fact he is doing what was asked of him but because we aren't Barca circa 2008 he has to go?
He’s done exactly what we asked but did it exactly how the average man in the street would have done it. I.e. unqualified.

Got rid of deadwood without replacing them

Promoted and involved youth blindly in a poor environment. I mean Chong’s United career is already over.

I want to the right way.. not look like the new Bolton Wonders.

Rafaeldagold

Reality is,

Getting rid of players doesn’t make a good manager or throwing kids in either.

You’ve proven absolutely nothing to say that Ole is the right man for the job. He’s not good enough for us & sooner everyone realises this the sooner we can move on.

I swear it’s like Moyes again but harder to get rid of as Ole is a legend

Greck

Not a bad interview. My only issue is how he always sounds oblivious to how dire the present situation is and how he keeps talking about a future he shouldn't and probably wouldn't be allowed to see if he doesn't improve it. Just because we agree to a long term rebuild doesn't mean a manager has a free pass to finish wherever on the table and look disjointed on the pitch.

iHicksy

So this is where I am with Ole.

He does absolutely get the club. He is absolutely right in the way he's doing things behind the scenes in regards to the squad. He or Ed were negligent in not replacing sanchez/lukaku and a right winger. However, everything he's doing within the structure is exactly what we need. However, as a manager of games, he is poor. And unfortunately this is the most important aspect of being a manager, or at least an integral part. He would be absolutely perfect as a director of football or head of transfers. However, as a manager his lack of tactical expertise and poor substitution management is going to be his downfall. He won't be here in two years time to see the results of this work. Aston Villa play better football on the break than we do, hell Andros Townsend is a better finisher than half of our forward line. It's absolutely embarrassing the state of the squad, despite all of Ole's transfers being pretty much perfect, we needed far more of them.

Keefy18

He’s done exactly what we asked but did it exactly how the average man in the street would have done it. I.e. unqualified.

Promoted and involved youth blindly in a poor environment. I mean Chong’s United career is already over.

Or you know, the board failed in delivering a CM / CF? Entirely possible.

Feck me you're an embarrassment of a supporter! :lol::houllier:

Getting rid of players doesn’t make a good manager or throwing kids in either.

You’ve proven absolutely nothing to say that Ole is the right man for the job. He’s not good enough for us & sooner everyone realises this the sooner we can move on.

I swear it’s like Moyes again but harder to get rid of as Ole is a legend
Again, its the lesser of 2 evils.

All the caftard world class managers know better I guess.

They see the players day to day and Ole should of kept the rotten apples that have half arsed it for years at the club.

Such geniuses.

Varun

Staff
I like his interviews because he clearly understands the issues and accepts that we need to improve. You also clearly get the sense that what he says in public and what he says to the players is different but unlike Mourinho, he doesnt believe in throwing them to the dogs in public.

What does concern me though is that he seems to think he has too much time. We clearly needed more in attack this window but he seems content with solving the defensive concerns and keeping the attack for later. It could cost him his job.

Varun

Staff

So easy that both the previous managers, with much bigger CVs failed to do it.

Chong's United career over? What? :lol:

Mainoldo

Or you know, the board failed in delivering a CM / CF? Entirely possible.

Feck me you're an embarrassment of a supporter! :lol::houllier:

Again, its the lesser of 2 evils.

All the caftard world class managers know better I guess.

They see the players day to day and Ole should of kept the rotten apples that have half arsed it for years at the club.

Such geniuses.
Frank Lampard’s board failed to deliver anyone.

I’m not an embarrassment I’m just real. I’m fed up of you cloud 9 supporters. Make me sick.

I could tell with people's lack of realism with Mourinho that we could hire David Moyes all over again and the fans would fall for it.

Mainoldo

So easy that both the previous managers, with much bigger CVs failed to do it.

Chong's United career over? What? :lol:
No Mourinho did a good job but like he always does he went full on retard.

Mate Chong is not going to make it here. I’ve never seen a performance from a winger so bad since Bebe. Why he hasn’t been allowed to go out on loan yet is beyond me.

Roboc7

It doesn’t matter what he says or does or what he’s trying to do he’ll be sacked this season. The club is in a such a state that pretty much any manager is going to struggle but someone as limited as Ole has no chance.

It’s a nice idea a long term rebuild but it’s impossible without some kind of short term progress, the team is getting worse and at some point this season Ole’s position will be untenable. As soon as the transfer window shut he was done.

Keefy18

Frank Lampard’s board failed to deliver anyone.

I’m not an embarrassment I’m just real. I’m fed up of you cloud 9 supporters. Make me sick.

I could tell with people's lack of realism with Mourinho that we could hire David Moyes all over again and the fans would fall for it.
Lampard has been there a whopping 9 feckin games man!

If Ole's start is roundly mocked / ignored and put down to "new manager bounce" then why isn't Lampards?

Lets see where he is come the end of the season cause defensively they are woeful and they still have a lot of issues across the park and started their CL campaign with a loss.

Chong has played 3 times for the senior side...three... here you are praising Lampard for 9 games but saying Chong's career is over after 3?

Again, you're an embarrassment and clowns like you make me ashamed to be a United supporter.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

It is not the fans fault. Yes a lot do not think Ole is the right choice as manager, he probably is the right choice to cull the squad though. Most blame the board and Woodward for being happy with United just being in europe. Until these owner and their crew go nothing will change much. No manager will get the complete backing, they will get some backing, but not complete backing. Do not think they will touch a manager who works with a good DOF, because god forbid he might want us to have one. They want the managers who are deluded in that in this day and age they can do everything, so it keeps the status quo. Yes the three signing have been good, but Daniel should not be the starter, but he has to be, they have left us with a paper thin squad, which with a couple of injuries is decimated.

I have nothing against us going young with our team. I would actually have patience with this, but it is the choice of young players. I am worried about after striking it lucky this time they think it will happen every time. I want us to go back in for the likes of Olmo and Haaland, not just british players.

Mainoldo

Lampard has been there a whopping 9 feckin games man!

If Ole's start is roundly mocked / ignored and put down to "new manager bounce" then why isn't Lampards?

Lets see where he is come the end of the season cause defensively they are woeful and they still have a lot of issues across the park and started their CL campaign with a loss.

Chong has played 3 times for the senior side...three... here you are praising Lampard for 9 games but saying Chong's career is over after 3?

Again, you're an embarrassment and clowns like you make me ashamed to be a United supporter.
Again... open your eyes. He might be there 9 games in but he’s already playing better football than Ole. Do I think Lampard will win Chelsea the league? Probably not but he’s building something when they was in the same position as us. Lost.

Long term vision enit. The club has it and you believe it so why can’t you accept my long term vision that Chong won’t make it?

Keefy18

It is not the fans fault. Yes a lot do not think Ole is the right choice as manager, he probably is the right choice to cull the squad though. Most blame the board and Woodward for being happy with United just being in europe. Until these owner and their crew go nothing will change much. No manager will get the complete backing, they will get some backing, but not complete backing. Do not think they will touch a manager who works with a good DOF, because god forbid he might want us to have one. They want the managers who are deluded in that in this day and age they can do everything, so it keeps the status quo. Yes the three signing have been good, but Daniel should not be the starter, but he has to be, they have left us with a paper thin squad, which with a couple of injuries is decimated.

I have nothing against us going young with our team. I would actually have patience with this, but it is the choice of young players. I am worried about after striking it lucky this time they think it will happen every time. I want us to go back in for the likes of Olmo and Haaland, not just british players.
It's the moronic keyboard "supporters" that are dredging up all this Ole out sh*te lets be perfectly honest cause OT the last few games has actually had a great atmosphere! From start to finish of the Rochdale match songs were sung!

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying regarding issues at board level as well, they've backed managers with huge sums of money previously and I'm sure in time Ole will too. This is however the only time in 7 years they seem to finally settled on a plan and will stick with it even if it means a season of pain ahead, but... you say the fans aren't to blame, yet you look around on here and those willing to give him time are in an extreme minority.

BTW, It clearly isn't just British players cause attempted to sign Dybala and Eriksen.

I think he would like a group of talented young English players in there and that's no harm but he's not looking for a full XI of British / English players.