• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we replace solskjaer now we are idiots, so much short termism, he’s done a brilliant job assembling this squad, he needs to be given the chance to turn something around.

He needs to handle this pressure, there’s something not quite right and it needs to be fixed ASAP.
:lol:

ChippyTea

It fecks me off so much that City and Liverpool and now probably Chelsea are so settled managerially. We could have had all 3 if we had acted differently in those moments. Brutal.
It’s annoying but those managers probably wouldn’t necessarily have got it their own way with us. They’re much more competent than ole but their clubs also backed and trusted them in recruitment and direction, instead of forcing big shirt selling players onto them. Ole definitely isn’t up to it but he’s just one symptom of this club as a whole, It’s structure and owners.

mu4c_20le

Conte is so uninspired. I really hope if it is him it is just a deal until the end of the season.
He will never agree to that, essentially coming as a caretaker. Reports indicate that he wants to fleece us for 10M a year, probably a 2-3 year contract, and the board to match his ambitions of winning the CL. Which probably means a summer of spending to build his squad.

RUCK4444

This is what grates me. We have zero process when it comes to recruitment.
It’s the chief reason I’ve allowed myself to be so patient with Ole.

The club will just rush blindly to the first available biggest name. It’s why I’ve had no appetite whatsoever for them to change until now, but even now I’m dreading Conte.

OverratedOpinion

Your username is apt.
I offered 2 opinions.

1. He is the best manager not currently signed to a club. - Name 1 better
2. He would not sign for us if we only offered a contract until the end of the season. - Do you really think he would?

Not sure how either are overrated but don't let that stop you from making smarmy posts with a joke that people have already made about a self deprecating username choice.

dove

He will never agree to that, essentially coming as a caretaker. Reports indicate that he wants to fleece us for 10M a year, probably a 2-3 year contract, and the board to match his ambitions of winning the CL. Which probably means a summer of spending to build his squad.
Fleece 10M a year? Ole was on similar salary which is a daylight robbery. 10M for Conte is normal rate.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's time for Ole to feck off, but I have no idea why this is being pedalled as 'Ronaldo mocking his tactics'. He's pretty clearly telling the defenders that they're all over the place, isn't he?

lilcurt

I think the fact nothing has been said is actually a positive sign that change is imminent.
I hope so or though I get no joy from seeing Ole yesterday. I've watched a few Conte interviews and if he comes in I'll back him 100% and let him do his thing. We need to get over this United DNA as a fan base. United first and foremost stood for winning the last 3 decades.

Sviken

It’s the chief reason I’ve allowed myself to be so patient with Ole.

The club will just rush blindly to the first available biggest name. It’s why I’ve had no appetite whatsoever for them to change until now, but even now I’m dreading Conte.
ummm, just like any other top club? United are the only big club in the world that still talks about DNA, Ways and what not. Every other club in the world treats the manager as a simple employee. If he is good enough, good. If he's bad, he gets the sack. We're the only ones here dreaming about long-term and what not without looking at the reality of the situation first.

FerociousCorgis

It's time for Ole to feck off, but I have no idea why this is being pedalled as 'Ronaldo mocking his tactics'. He's pretty clearly telling the defenders that they're all over the place, isn't he?
think there was a side by side where it showed ole making wild hand gestures and that ronaldo was doing it at the same time mocking him. Not sure if true/whatever but that was the gist of it if i recall.

Rolaholic

Pretty bad when opponent fans want Ole to keep his job while a large part of Manchester United fans dont want their own club legend as a manager anymore...
He's quite the favorite of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal fans as well if it means anything

hurricane thunderclap

I hope so or though I get no joy from seeing Ole yesterday. I've watched a few Conte interviews and if he comes in I'll back him 100% and let him do his thing. We need to get over this United DNA as a fan base. United first and foremost stood for winning the last 3 decades.
Fair point.
It will take some time to explain to the owners as to why the opposition are hittin the end zone more than our guys and why the draft picks in January may help.

Noc-Z

ffs
Today I thought they won't sack him but then some reports gave me hope. But then I saw that United posted a story about Ole setting his sights on the next 3 matches to fight back. So I think nothings happening any time soon.

MrSingh2002

Tomorrow's the day.

Ole will be sacked in the afternoon. Conte appointed on Wednesday.

That's based on absolutely nothing but hope.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I offered 2 opinions.

1. He is the best manager not currently signed to a club. - Name 1 better
2. He would not sign for us if we only offered a contract until the end of the season. - Do you really think he would?

Not sure how either are overrated but don't let that stop you from making smarmy posts with a joke that people have already made about a self deprecating username choice.
No I don't think he would sign for us short-term. Personally I do not want Conte as I think he is too much like Mourinho in personality and style and I think it would be a huge step backwards for us. Sadly this is Glazer-owned United so I fully expect us to make the wrong appointment.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
think there was a side by side where it showed ole making wild hand gestures and that ronaldo was doing it at the same time mocking him. Not sure if true/whatever but that was the gist of it if i recall.
That video is stitched together. The one with Ole giving a sub instructions is from years ago - the sub is wearing the 18/19 kit with the black stripes on the shoulders.

el3mel

Today I thought they won't sack him but then some reports gave me hope. But then I saw that United posted a story about Ole setting his sights on the next 3 matches to fight back. So I think nothings happening any time soon.
They were just posting quotes from his post match interview. Nothing in it. It was also posted early I believe.

I don't think the club's media know that much anyway. Pretty sure a lot of interviews done with Mourinho in his last season made it sound like the club is behind him against the sacking which turned out to not be true.

Flytan

He's still not been sacked? WTF
I actually can't believe he hasn't. The players are literally leaking that they don't trust him at all. It's absurd that he hasn't been sacked yet. Goldbridge said 9 AM tomorrow it should be breaking but it's insane to me that it wasn't done today.

BlueHaze

I have no idea what the hell it means but he is clearly not enjoying things at the minute.

passing-wind

I'm just shocked how many people disregard Conte when you consider how bad Ole has been, it's not the results it's the performances and the team performed badly in many phases of the campaign last season. Every single issue with this current United team is tactical, Conte would resolve this. Give hIm a 12-24 month stay and at least the club can look / move forward.

OverratedOpinion

No I don't think he would sign for us short-term. Personally I do not want Conte as I think he is too much like Mourinho in personality and style and I think it would be a huge step backwards for us. Sadly this is Glazer-owned United so I fully expect us to make the wrong appointment.
So you agree with me and you were just being sarcastic for no reason, fair enough.

Ixion

I'm sure he'll be gone soon. Imagine him being in charge against Spurs when its all but confirmed he's going to get the sack and we lose again. It would be humiliating for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.