Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

Would the club take notice of their social media account that its full of Ole out and the negativity around this at the moment with him still being in charge.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I want him to be changed but it may be better to keep him for now if Eric Ten Hag is willing to come end of the season.
Or appoint interim manager. Rafa was at Chelsea as Interim Manager. I am sure Big Sam will take it as Interim Manager. It can't be any worse than this. At least we will be much better in defense and our set pieces.
Ask Everton fans their thoughts on Allardyce as Interim Manager.

red4ever 79

Why don't they just agree with Ole to take it to the end of the season? Its obvious no caretaker will do better and no manager we want is available right now
Exactly, I mean there is no one who can do better than getting beat 5-0 at home against Liverpool or taking 1 point from the last 12 in the league. I would even argue that Big Sam would do a better job than Ole

Zen86

Definitely agreed but, I'd say, Ole included, we have never actually hired an attacking coach. so the only big real change in direction has been LVG to Mou.

Personally I think there are a real variety of options and probably the main issue is we have loaded our squad with some big egos who will be a challenge for a new coach - for example, Potter would be high on my list for a longer term project but I doubt he could come in and control some of our big name players and agents as it stands - I almost think we need someone like Conte to come in, lay down the law, put a system in place and we hope for top four, maybe a cup, then you have Ronnie, Cavani, Matic, Pogba all gone and bring in someone to develop the youth/work with what we have (Conte to Potter is a random example but would have a nice synergy given both are adept with wing back setups).
I think Ole was attack-minded at heart, he's just struggled to implement an attacking brand of football that doesn't result in us shipping goals. We've been in a constant cycle of attempting a more attacking form of football, then reverting to defensive to resolve our defensive issues during his tenure. Ole's blueprint, regardless of how well he's performed, is very different to Mourinhoball, and Conte's football would again be very different with a different set of players.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Would the club take notice of their social media account that its full of Ole out and the negativity around this at the moment with him still being in charge.
Then you are running the club based on what your online fanbase thinks, which is largely a younger more entitled fan base, and that's a dangerous precedent to set.

tomaldinho1

I think Ole was attack-minded at heart, he's just struggled to implement an attacking brand of football that doesn't result in us shipping goals. We've been in a constant cycle of attempting a more attacking form of football, then reverting to defensive to resolve our defensive issues during his tenure. Ole's blueprint, regardless of how well he's performed, is very different to Mourinhoball, and Conte's football would again be very different with a different set of players.
Ole definitely means well and his ideas are right he just can't implement them. Conte isn't that defensive but he is very structured and we know he can implement his vision.

Revaulx

Dont remember that story from his book. Can you remind me please?

Didnt mention anything about being or not being a proper fan.

Anyone can cast a doubt on his judgement but it was on Woodward to make a decision and it is now too. Saying he's responsible for everything whats happening now or half of it even is turning on him though.
Oh absolutely. And if SAF was the one to be pushing for Moyes, rather than just mentioning him as one of several options, then one would like to think that Woodward would be more circumspect in the future.

It’s not SAF’s fault that the current lot in charge have no better idea than to employ SAF-era people in the hope that some of the Great Man’s magic has rubbed off on them. Leeds did exactly the same in the 80s, employing three ex-Revie era “legends” in succession.

The Davenport story is definitely out there somewhere. I’ll do some digging :)

Andersons Dietician

A decent attack-minded coach could work wonders with Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford. Fair enough you wouldn't count the rest of the first XI as young anymore. I highly doubt Conte would have much of a plan for them.
Again what is with all these miss conceptions. Hazard was seen as one of the best players in the world playing under Conte as an inside forward. Roles prime for a Sancho, Rashford or Greenwood. So if they perform the role asked of them then there is no problem with them.

Also we are at best a counter attacking team now, Contes Chelsea were at heart a counter attacking team but they could play a bit as well. The CAF opinion on Conte is totally wrong and makes me think 90% of it have never seen any of his teams but feel confident in speaking absolute tosh about him.

Revan

Assumptionman
I definitely think Ole has done a better job with it. His hit rate is high, he just doesn’t know how to manage them at this level. God knows what Jose would have done if given free reign. A better manager will get a really high level of performance out of this squad. In fact, the main reason Ole has done this well, is that the players have dragged the results through.
Honestly, I think that only Bruno Fernandes (whom I actually think has a very high chance of getting benched by the next manager) has been an absolute hit.

Ronaldo is a GOAT, so obvious, any manager in the world would sign him.
Varane is one of the best CBs in the league, so obvious, and any manager in the world would have signed him.

Maguire is decent, around Lindelof's level, maybe slightly higher. However, at 80m, it was madness. Making him captain was pathetic.
Cavani was decent.

I think AVB is very poor.
Sancho so far has looked worse than Obertan.

VDB does not play.
Diallo does not play.
Pellestri does not play.
Telles does not play.
Ighalo did not play.

So where are those hits? Granted, Bruno was a hit, and granted Ronaldo and Varane were hits though I think given the chance to sign them 100 out of 100 managers sign them. Maguire at best has been an ok signing, Cavani has been decent for his role, the others have been total miss.

Enigma_87

You know who
Plus @Revan , Ole sold Lukaku to fund Maguire. Jose had a net spend of £285m (+ two MASSIVE contracts for Ibrahimovic and Sanchez on free transfers), Ole has a net spend of £323m, so the difference is negligible really. Especially because I *think* (could be wrong) that Ole has overseen one more window?
Care to show us the wage bill under Ole?

Real Name

Oh absolutely. And if SAF was the one to be pushing for Moyes, rather than just mentioning him as one of several options, then one would like to think that Woodward would be more circumspect in the future.

It’s not SAF’s fault that the current lot in charge have no better idea than to employ SAF-era people in the hope that some of the Great Man’s magic has rubbed off on them. Leeds did exactly the same in the 80s, employing three ex-Revie era “legends” in succession.

The Davenport story is definitely out there somewhere. I’ll do some digging :)
I have the book at home, I'll give it a look. :)

Barthez

Yes but why do we want that kind of football here?

Don't give me the "anything is better than Ole" comment. Give me one good reason why we want THAT kind of football here.
I certainly don’t want Conte! - it’ll be awful tumescent football and certainly won’t be long until the cafe start moaning again…

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So we should still base decisions based on his recommendations? How long? Would 27 years of wrong managers based on his recommendation be enough before we say ‘thanks, but we are not gonna appoint the manager you want’.
Your posts are implying that sentiments or SAF are our problem as you are just focusing on Moyes and Ole. So what about Jose? Sir Bobby didn’t want him but we still hired him. This however doesn’t seem to be your focus.
If anything Jose and LvG failed much more here. They came with such impressive CVs and couldn’t even manage two back-to-back top 4 league finishes.

Also LvG was 7 years ago, you can’t compare transfer fees back then and now.
Under Ole we also at least spent significant money on kids (Amad/Pellistri) and Sancho. Those are talented young players and / or future investments.
If they don’t work out we could sell them. Hell we even managed to sell James for a profit as he is still young.

FatTails

I’m baffled by SAF’s position here. He knows 1000x more about football than I do and he seems to want Ole to stay longer.

I am not seeing how things get better or that we ever challenge for the big titles under Ole, but he maybe sees something I don’t see :confused:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Why don't they just agree with Ole to take it to the end of the season? Its obvious no caretaker will do better and no manager we want is available right now
Why's it obvious? Ole got the full time gig on the back of being a caretaker. Is he the only one capable of doing this?

Blood Mage

It feels like Conte is inevitable, and will inevitably be deemed as yet another mistake in two years time. Except he'll have dismantled the otherwise exciting young team with bags of potential in the process.
Our talented young players are going backwards under Ole so I don't see how Conte makes things worse. He's nothing like Mourinho and I'm not sure why people pretend he is.

Revaulx

I just said it was a shame that people were turning or at least in my opinion, seemingly turning on SAF. That didn't mean I questioned yours or anyone else's status as a 'proper fan'
Fair enough :)

I honestly don’t think that questioning SAF’s perceived record on manager recommendations can be regarded as turning on him. Calling him out for not demanding the incumbent manager be sacked is obviously idiotic though.

tomaldinho1

Again what is with all these miss conceptions. Hazard was seen as one of the best players in the world playing under Conte as an inside forward. Roles prime for a Sancho, Rashford or Greenwood. So if they perform the role asked of them then there is no problem with them.

Also we are at best a counter attacking team now, Contes Chelsea were at heart a counter attacking team but they could play a bit as well. The CAF opinion on Conte is totally wrong and makes me think 90% of it have never seen any of his teams but feel confident in speaking absolute tosh about him.
100% this. I honestly think people think Italian manager, 5 at the back, surely he doesn't use youth players, surely he's defensive. I guess they stared watching the PL in 18/19. Underlying stats when he was at Chelsea were so similar to Ole, Conte just knows how to setup a defence and a midfield. He's not my top pick but the amount of hot air and opinions without substance on here about him are cringeworthy.

Kaos

So Arnold is essentially a Woodward clone. Brilliant.

I feel like we'll be stuck in this boom-bust purgatory until we have a change of ownership or at the very least at the board and executive level. We're a club with immense resources run by a cartel of bankers and clowns who know next to nothing about football.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have no problem with the board keeping him if it's on a 'last chance' basis. In that, we either find league winning form for the rest of the season, or he's gone. It also allows us to not rush into Conte, if we're not sold on him. The next appointment is crucial.

He should've gone for me already, but if it's just to give us more time to get the appointment right. I'd rather Ole take charge vs Spurs than Carrick.
I have two big problems with us doing so: 1) not getting eliminated from UCL in group stage; 2) qualifying for UCL next season.

In addition to several other problems like the FA Cup and not getting an even bigger humiliation by 'the noisy neighbors'. Honestly, I wouldn't rule out a two-digit score against City. This is a broken team by a broken manager who has given up on coaching. I think City match is gonna be way worse than Liverpool, and I do not expect City to stop at 5. Liverpool hates us, but also respects us. For City it is pure hatred created by being in our shadow for their entire existence till 5 years ago. They are gonna give us the worst defeat in our entire EPL history.

Blood Mage

I’m baffled by SAF’s position here. He knows 1000x more about football than I do and he seems to want Ole to stay longer.

I am not seeing how things get better or that we ever challenge for the big titles under Ole, but he maybe sees something I don’t see :confused:
Fergie is a great man, a genius, but he is notoriously sentimental and romantic and has admitted so himself. He will never turn his back on Ole, he's like a son to him.

RepardReece

The club are right not to go for Conte. Desperation is the worst thing we can do right now. The problem is all the managers who would fit are probably engaged and we haven't sounded them out.
This mess started weeks ago not just post the Liverpool game.
Meh, personally I'd take the likes of Ten Hag and Zidane over Conte but, we're clearly not going anywhere under Ole now, so there's really no point in keeping him. It's not desperation, it's common sense.

Conte, being one of the only options available straight away, has been successful at all Juve, Chelsea and Inter.

Our team is peaking, with a lot of players now between 26-30, which means we need short-term results, this year / next would be ideal, and I think Conte could bring that.

People keep whining about long-term ambitions, but long-term management just doesn't seem to work anymore. Chelsea pulls different managers on a consistent basis and manages to produce silverware on a consistent basis, meanwhile many of us in here cry about a total rebuild needed because a new manager has come in. Besides Pep and Klopp at City and Liverpool, we haven't seen managers stay that long in a top club recently.

Tuchel came into Chelsea and turned that squad around with the flick of a switch, and a report has suggested Conte believes he can bag results with the current team right away. If true, he seems to already have a plan in mind for us. That's a good sign.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Guardian reporting that Ferguson, Woodward and Arnold all want him to stay but the decision lies with Joel.

Guess we're waiting for Joel to watch Match of the Day then.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is tin foil hat stuff. For some reason people like to presume the worst scenario possible then believe it as the truth because they didn’t get what they wanted.

How about we just wait and see what happens when we have these next couple of tough games out of the way and we have some winnable fixtures?

A new manager will be appointed and Solskjaer will be gone. He’s already lost the dressing room, there’s leaks all over the place. This isn’t quietly going to go away and he’ll still be here next season. Stop acting as if everything is definitive, he’s staying today, but he could be gone tomorrow.
It's not tin foil stuff to have zero faith in this board seeing how things have been for the last few years. Having any faith in then at this stage is nothing more blind faith.

My take is that they don't want Conte and are unsure on which manager to go for. They will let this ride out and hope Ole turns it around your a manager becomes available in the summer. This club is all hope and blind faith

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It will come down to how much the players want him out. If they have turned on him Saturday could be fecking brutal.
I still don't think he's lost the dressing room. They probably just like us know that he isnt' good enough. They'll give their all on the weekend given they'll want to respond to the result last weekend, the fact that it's Spurs who are mediocre and Ole is not a bad character.

BorisManUtd

I bet Fergie enjoys situation where, 8 and a half years since he retired, not one manager brought us real success. Makes him look even bigger.

Ole either wins next 3 games and stays, or loses to Spurs and gets sacked after that game or after City if they are to take more time to find a replacement. Either way, after 5-0 home loss, players reportedly being unhappy with manager and his staff, we're not winning 3 games in a row, even if was 3 easier opponents. City could trash us the way Liverpool did.

Idxomer

Nothing obvious about that, the meltdown started before he was given the job full time. Ole being a caretaker or a permanent manager wouldn't have affected the disastrous results after the PSG game.

Ixion

Solksjaer the manager getting support for scoring that goal as a player 20 yeas ago is stupid. There's no connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.