Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

choccy77

Barca were on the verge of sacking Koeman however, it looks like they are going to give him 3 to 4 more games to turn things around.

Anyone want him at Old Trafford should Barca sack him?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Anyone see Romano apparently post a video saying Ole has been sacked and then quickly delete, apparently recorded it in case it happens and wanted to be first to declare it.

Should tell you everything you need to know about that chancer.
Yeah, he's very good at what he does, characters like these are simply con men to some extent. Does he know people, probably, but I would say a good 75% of what he posts is hedged bets and following other jorunos.

largelyworried

People need to relax. Anyone that has read my posts on this forum knows I want Ole gone as much as the next guy. But unless you want Fletcher or Carrick managing us for the next couple of weeks, there's not point making that decision now.
Get a replacement lined up then fire him.
What if he does well during those three games, relatively?

Craig Ward

Barca were on the verge of sacking Koeman however, it looks like they are going to give him 3 to 4 more games to turn things around.

Absolutely not.

There isnt an easy fix to our manager issue's - it goes deeper and more complex than hiring and firing

Lentwood

Care to show us the wage bill under Ole?
What point are you even arguing now? It annoys me when people just pop-up, re-quote part of one post that was a chain of 4/5 and take the argument on a massive tangent/down a wormhole.

Do you think Moyes, LvG and Mourinho were backed? That's the only point being debated here. I can't be bothered to go back and forth in excruciating arguments about transfer inflation, who spent what, who needed what, what the wage bill was etc...

My opinion is that all four where backed. I made that point in response to someone saying Ole has been given money so won't be sacked. I'm saying that never counted for anything Moyes, LvG or Jose

Rolaholic

Banter/wumming it up surely??

Flexdegea

Pogba is one player I hope to see the back off. Causes more problems than he solves.

Not even sure if this is true, like a lot of stuff you read but these stories follow him about all the time.

If he was brilliant week in week out then fair enough, but he ain't. Be another manager trying to unlock his talent

lilcurt

Uncalled for and won’t engage any further with you on this after this.

I agree with you that an interim until the summer and then Ten Hag is an ideal scenario. However when the names that spring to mind include Hiddink (last 2 jobs have been China Under 21s and Curaçao national team and has announced his retirement), Redknapp and Fonseca (by no means clear that he would settle for a caretaker role when he has the likes of Newcastle offering him a long term project) then it just goes to show there is no obvious solution to this right now.

And therefore I don’t agree that sacking Ole instantly without due consideration for what comes next can be the correct decision. If the club identify a suitable interim manager this week then great but I’m pretty sure if we rush it and are sat mid-table in April with Harry Redknapp as the manager then it will be far worse than it needs to be. And everyone will be queuing up to say the club were clueless for making that decision.
We are going nowhere under Ole and if the trend continues won't be in the top 4. Therefore we can't really make a mistake with interim unless you fear us getting relegated. You asked for names and they were the first that sprang to mind, many others are also available and could do a job until the summer. For example you could try and throw money at Enrique on the basis it is until the summer and he doesn't need to walk away from spain. Literally loads of options that could be explored.

You talk as if Conte is the difference between this squad winning titles or not. My point is categorically that Conte will not win titles with this squad, and we'll have wasted another 2-3 years due to yet another misinformed managerial appointment.

This is simply a case of wanting anyone but Ole, and anyone is currently Conte.
Conte has won 4 Serie A titles and a PL title. How do you know he won’t win titles with this squad?

Posh Red

Pogba is one player I hope to see the back off. Causes more problems than he solves.

Not even sure if this is true, like a lot of stuff you read but these stories follow him about all the time.

If he was brilliant week in week out then fair enough, but he ain't. Be another manager trying to unlock his talent
None of our players are brilliant week in week out to be honest. Is your main issue newspaper stories?

Highfather_24

You talk as if Conte is the difference between this squad winning titles or not. My point is categorically that Conte will not win titles with this squad, and we'll have wasted another 2-3 years due to yet another misinformed managerial appointment.

Because right now our club is in a freefall. And having a winner and top coach like Conte will stabilise our club for a year or two, if not win titles(which Conte does).

So who do you think we can get that will win us titles? Obviously you have someone in mind who plays attacking football and has more pedigree than Conte, so I'm curious to know who it is. You're dodging this question again and again. Please dont say Ten Hag.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What if he does well during those three games, relatively?
Then good for us. But it's quite obvious the board have started looking at other options. Something they haven't done before.
There is no point sacking him if there is no suitable replacement. As bad as Ole is another inexperienced unqualified caretaker could make things worse.
The board should have started looking at options weeks ago. I predicted we would end up here as soon as we lost of Young Boys. That was over a month ago. The board should have started their due diligence then. But that's water under the bridge.
The club is in limbo but there's not much of a choice.

romufc

You know it's bad when opposition fans start chanting "Oles at the wheel!!!" all over the internet in mockery of the decision to keep him on.

They're loving it.
Apparently the Glazers thought that was the United fans chanting it...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
People need to relax. Anyone that has read my posts on this forum knows I want Ole gone as much as the next guy. But unless you want Fletcher or Carrick managing us for the next couple of weeks, there's not point making that decision now.
That's all good, we could accept that. But I think nerves are kicking in because we all know this squad is more than capable of winning all 3, and what happens then? Do we stick with the supposed plan to replace him? I think we don't trust the club to do this, even though it's the perfect scenario. Instead they'll double down on Ole again and forget this whole shit show until the next one rolls around.

Enigma_87

You know who
What point are you even arguing now? It annoys me when people just pop-up, re-quote part of one post that was a chain of 4/5 and take the argument on a massive tangent/down a wormhole.

Do you think Moyes, LvG and Mourinho were backed? That's the only point being debated here. I can't be bothered to go back and forth in excruciating arguments about transfer inflation, who spent what, who needed what, what the wage bill was etc...

My opinion is that all four where backed. I made that point in response to someone saying Ole has been given money so won't be sacked. I'm saying that never counted for anything Moyes, LvG or Jose
I don't think Moyes and Mourinho was backed enough and to me it's obvious for many.

Moyes had a champions winning squad, but that was aging squad that definitely needed reinforcement to stay on top. I wouldn't say he was backed enough - that of course doesn't mean he did shit and underperformed with what he had available.

Jose as well - he wasn't backed with the players he wanted after the season he finished 2nd. Again that doesn't mean he did the right thing stinking up the place and falling out with everybody.

Ole on the other hand I'd say was fully backed - hence spending the most under him (in a corona struck windows no less) and having a huge wage bill for some of our players.

red4ever 79

I would take Jessica fletcher over Ole right now

Rajma

I imagine Ole wasn’t a popular figure with players before today but with Fergie turning up to the training ground to ‘protect’ him, they’ll be seeing just a puppet in him with any respect he might have had totally diminished in theirs eyes. I can’t see how this helps in his matters with the players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You know it's bad when opposition fans start chanting "Oles at the wheel!!!" all over the internet in mockery of the decision to keep him on.

They're loving it.
Of course they are. We aren't achieving anything with mediocrity at the wheel.

LoneStar

Poch? Really? Conte is much better than him imo.

How is he doing with PSG? I can see they are top of their league, but I guess that's not exactly a surprise given their investment over the summer.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Not against, but not for, as if Oles strong enough to say no to "the boss"... just be your own man and admit you'd rather have kept James
Ole has said in the past that he would love to have Ronaldo back. If he changed his mind on that then it's his own fault but there's absolute zero evidence to say that he would've rather have kept James. Pretty much everyone at the club was on board with resigning Ronaldo. Fergie is just the guy that delivered him.

Adisa

That's all good, we could accept that. But I think nerves are kicking in because we all know this squad is more than capable of winning all 3, and what happens then? Do we stick with the supposed plan to replace him? I think we don't trust the club to do this, even though it's the perfect scenario. Instead they'll double down on Ole again and forget this whole shit show until the next one rolls around.
I have been watching football closely for over 16 years. I have never seen a situation where a coach is given x games to save his job and actually pulls it off.
Once a coach is in that position, he's finished.
Ole is a dead man walking, I can out my house on it. The club simple don't want another caretaker.

Adisa

Poch? Really? Conte is much better than him imo.

How is he doing with PSG? I can see they are top of their league, but I guess that's not exactly a surprise given their investment over the summer.
Pochettino is a better fit for us than Conte.
I admire the club for taking these things into consideration. For the first time we don't seem to be just hiring any available coach with a great CV.
I get that people are desperate but you can't rush into a bad decision.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Exactly. But the owners don't know what they want other than a steady income stream.

The biggest upside of this crisis is that maybe now this whole Disneyland business model has run out of road. The EPL is just too competitive for United to rumble along without strategic competence on the football side any more.

LoneStar

Yeah, he's very good at what he does, characters like these are simply con men to some extent. Does he know people, probably, but I would say a good 75% of what he posts is hedged bets and following other jorunos.
This whole football journalism (at least most of it) is just shit like this. Quoting sources of sources of sources. Playing with whatever gets the highest engagement and clicks. It's no different to the clickbait cancer that's on FB and other social media.

And there are literally no repercussions if they get it wrong, which is 90% of the time.

largelyworried

Then good for us. But it's quite obvious the board have started looking at other options. Something they haven't done before.
There is no point sacking him if there is no suitable replacement. As bad as Ole is another inexperienced unqualified caretaker could make things worse.
The board should have started looking at options weeks ago. I predicted we would end up here as soon as we lost of Young Boys. That was over a month ago. The board should have started their due diligence then. But that's water under the bridge.
The club is in limbo but there's not much of a choice.
If he does well the board would find themselves unable to sack him, irrespective of any replacement they may have found, even if they want to. No serious decision maker would avoid making the decision now when no-one could argue with them, and leave it to a time when their position could be much weaker.

LoneStar

Pochettino is a better fit for us than Conte.
I admire the club for taking these things into consideration. For the first time we don't seem to be just hiring any available coach with a great CV.
I get that people are desperate but you can't rush into a bad decision.
No, I don't want them to rush to anything. But Poch has achieved nothing so far to deserve it either. I don't get their supposed hard on for him. I hope we are looking at other options too.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I don't think some people realise just how funny what has happened today is.

Our legendary manager nearing 80 years old shows up to give a speech to our disillusioned squad in order to "protect the manager" according to the press. Our former chairman, a relic of a bygone era, who opted not to sack Sir Alex was also assumingly present standing there like a human prop. All while Sir Alex addressed the squad and urged them to support Ole, just as he was supported when he was on rocky gound with the club? Is that it. That's what it sounds like.

Such an absolutely ridiculous scene. How could Solskjaer not feel totally humiliated in that situation? Surely if you're a player in the dressing room, all you can really do is smile and nod while this cringe moment plays out in front of you. How you could possibly have any belief or confidence in Ole after all this, God only knows. It really feels like this club is stuck in the 20th century.

Ultimately, it's not fair on Ole how all this is transpiring. There's no coming back from this now, the guy is just waiting for the axe to drop at this point.

Zen86

Because right now our club is in a freefall. And having a winner and top coach like Conte will stabilise our club for a year or two, if not win titles(which Conte does).

So who do you think we can get that will win us titles? Obviously you have someone in mind who plays attacking football and has more pedigree than Conte, so I'm curious to know who it is. You're dodging this question again and again. Please dont say Ten Hag.
I'm not dodging the question, I'm saying I'd rather the club be patient and find the right man for the job rather than appoint the only person currently without a job. Hiring the wrong man is far more damaging to the club than waiting until the end of the season. Either way, you don't seem to want to understand that so there's no use in labouring the point any further.

Adisa

If he does well the board would find themselves unable to sack him, irrespective of any replacement they may have found, even if they want to. No serious decision maker would avoid making the decision now when no-one could argue with them, and leave it to a time when their position could be much weaker.
If the board have lost faith in Ole, three games won't save him. No credible organisation works that way.
I simply think the club have given themselves time to look for a replacement.

Robbie Boy

People should relax.
The board are not giving Ole three games to save his job. They have given themselves three games to get a replacement.
He will be sacked soon.
And if we somehow let's say get two wins and a draw out of those 3? I reckon our inept Board stick with him. Nothing good will come out of keeping him for 3 games.

LoneStar

I don't think some people realise just how funny what has happened today is.

Our legendary manager nearing 80 years old shows up to give a speech to our disillusioned squad in order to "protect the manager" according to the press. Our former chairman, a relic of a bygone era, who opted not to sack Sir Alex was also assumingly present standing there like a human prop. All while Sir Alex addressed the squad and urged them to support Ole, just as he was supported when he was on rocky gound with the club? Is that it. That's what it sounds like.

Such an absolutely ridiculous scene. How could Solskjaer not feel totally humiliated in that situation? Surely if you're a player in the dressing room, all you can really do is smile and nod while this cringe moment plays out in front of you. How you could possibly have any belief or confidence in Ole after all this, God only knows. It really feels like this club is stuck in the 20th century.

Ultimately, it's not fair on Ole how all this is transpiring. There's no coming back from this now, the guy is just waiting for the axe to drop at this point.
We are exactly that. A club and fanbase still living in history, thinking we can manage to replicate Sir Alex, when it's close to impossible to do so.

It's good to have players and coaches who were part of our winning squads, but if they are not performing well, we need to get rid. All the United pundits still want Ole to keep his position. They would have hounded any other coach by this time.

Adisa

And if we somehow let's say get two wins and a draw out of those 3? I reckon our inept Board stick with him. Nothing good will come out of keeping him for 3 games.
I also don't see the good in sacking him now and keeping Carrick as caretaker for those three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.