Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

This is what grates me. We have zero process when it comes to recruitment.
It’s telling that LVG and Mourinho were unattached. I guess we paid compensation for Moyes and Ole but neither were ‘the next big thing’ types.

I know they don’t always work out either just look at AVB at Chelsea. But surely it’s time we went for an up and coming continental manager.

I don’t really want Conte but if he came for 18 months and we won a league or some cups so be it. My big fear is it blows up with him and the timing will mean we miss the next big thing. If that’s Ten Hag or someone else.

Flytan

There is no manager in the world who we can get, with whom it will be a "done deal" or even close to a "done deal". Conte is one of the few managers who have a very good winning track record, Simeone and Zidane(he doesnt want to come here) are others.
It's really sad people are like: "I'm only sacking Ole for someone who wins the league 100%!!!!"

That's not an option. If you actually think Ole deserves a job you're an Ole fan, not a United fan at this point. There's literally no excuse to support him being manager after the players have said he's done. Those people are just as harmful as our board.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I have been watching football closely for over 16 years. I have never seen a situation where a coach is given x games to save his job and actually pulls it off.
Once a coach is in that position, he's finished.
Ole is a dead man walking, I can out my house on it. The club simple don't want another caretaker.
Yeah I hope you're right. It makes sense I suppose but I'm just nervous about Fergie getting involved and don't understand what he's seeing or his motives. He might simply enjoy watching one of his own manage us. Or perhaps he is the ultimate Ole Inner because he may have suggested Ole, and will therefore protect him to the bitter end. Also the fact that Ole is like a cat with 9 lives.

It's not a good look for Ole having to have all these get involved to save him.

Highfather_24

It's really sad people are like: "I'm only sacking Ole for someone who wins the league 100%!!!!"

That's not an option. If you actually think Ole deserves a job you're an Ole fan, not a United fan at this point. There's literally no excuse to support him being manager after the players have said he's done. Those people are just as harmful as our board.
Yep, another is waiting for this unicorn manager who has won it all while playing attacking football who will suddenly become available next summer. Its time to be realistic and get a top manager who will steady the ship, rather than keep waiting for the next Klopp while our club is in a freefall with Ole.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Surely, given the amount of open speculation of whether Ole is going to be sacked, when he will be sacked and who his replacement is going to be - the Club needs to make a statement, one way or the other, and ASAP! They can’t just leave it in a limbo like this

Nickelodeon

Yeah I hope you're right. It makes sense I suppose but I'm just nervous about Fergie getting involved and don't understand what he's seeing or his motives. He might simply enjoy watching one of his own manage us. Or perhaps he is the ultimate Ole Inner because he may have suggested Ole, and will therefore protect him to the bitter end.

It's not a good look for Ole having to have all these get involved to save him.
Doesn’t it give the vibe of a kid running to their influential father to get them a job? What sense does it make for Fergie to be at Carrington defending Ole? Seems ridiculously childish.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pochettino is a better fit for us than Conte.
I admire the club for taking these things into consideration. For the first time we don't seem to be just hiring any available coach with a great CV.
I get that people are desperate but you can't rush into a bad decision.
How exactly is Poch better than Conte ? He is struggling with Messi at PSG. What makes you think he would be perfect for us and Ronaldo? Anyone is a risk at this point.

Conte is one of the best managers available.

El Zoido

Surely, given the amount of open speculation of whether Ole is going to be sacked, when he will be sacked and who his replacement is going to be - the Club needs to make a statement, one way or the other, and ASAP! They can’t just leave it in a limbo like this
If he wasn’t being sacked they’d have made a statement already. He’s done.

Enigma_87

You know who
But...we've been through this...Jose spent £283m net. How can that amount to 'not being backed'?
We all know what happened, let's not rewrite history here. In his last transfer window the board definitely didn't back him for some of his targets. It blew in their face in Maguire case when they bought him for premium price, but that's something Ed has huge experience already with Fellaini.

I don't care to be honest. As another poster said, I can't be bothered to keep raking up the past.

I just wish there could be some perspective on here at times. Everything is either total garbage or amazing, never anything in-between.

Case in point, the difference for you between 'not backed' and 'fully backed' is about £40m....and in fact, I think Ole has managed one more window
Let's not forget that last two windows were struck by the corona crisis. So prices and inflation on top of that weren't the same as usual.

FrenchRed

If Ole survives this, it shows how deep the rot is in the club, and the total lack of ambition.

Get him out ASAP and try and salvage the season.

el3mel

It's pointless. If he stays after this then he will never get sacked. I will stop worrying about the team's results and form from now on and just watch casually since the club doesn't care anymore either.

He will pull out a miraculous draw vs Spus and get a new contract to rewars him for such great results.

Judas

Open to offers
It's pointless. If he stays after this then he will never get sacked. I will stop worrying about the team's results and form from now on and just watch casually since the club doesn't care anymore either.

He will pull out a miraculous draw vs Spus and get a new contract to rewars him for such great results.
To me the opposite is clear now. He's a dead man walking. All the chatter points to that. He's obviously on his way out, at least that's how I read it. It should be now, but it might be in a game or twos time.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
To me the opposite is clear now. He's a dead man walking. All the chatter points to that. He's obviously on his way out, at least that's how I read it. It should be now, but it might be in a game or twos time.
I can only see him as a dead man walking given how he has already been severely undermined by all the leaks over the past day, but who knows how the club is going to deal with the situation…

Delano

He's got 3 games, because to our board and football department this whole thing is a complete and utter shock. Despite evidence to the contrary; our woeful form since April for example, Ole and his staff were backed fully with new contacts and huge funds. Firing them costs money, but allowing this to drag on, could cost them more in terms of league position and Champions league money.

This complete lack of forward planning as a club will probably end up costing us 3 important games. As its obvious that we're starting the hiring process from scratch.

Zapata

wow went to sleep hearing that the sack was almost a certainty and wake up to this shite :confused:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole going to SAF for help reminds me of my mate who runs to his rich parents after another of business ventures fails and needs bailing out.

SAFMUTD

Sacking Ole could be a probable short term solution... but who can guarantee us success if we replace him now and with whom?
No one, not even Pep, Klopp or Tuchel would. But one things is certain keeping him will only continue with our mediocrity. Like saying we shouldn't replace McFred because who can warrant success if we replace them? You gamble and gamble and gamble until you strike gold. You dont keep the same failure as a manager because of uncertainty for the next manager.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I swear to God that you will not find one competent multinational successful board/owner who act like Manchester United. Absolutely zero chance.

1. Never ever delay the inevitable. After the game against Liverpool the board should in a span of 24h have announced that our current manager is parted from his responsibilites. Why? As long as Solskjaer is still in charge he's the talking point who makes everthing connected to the club else toxic, his precense make the whole club lame and not making changes after such catastrophic results reflects badly on all involved in such process.

2. Never ever allow former managers, former ex chairmans or other ex "something" into the building when the club is in such turmoil. Absolutely nothing good will follow such meetings. The manager looks weak. Our board looks even weaker and what the hell was Sir Alex thinking? Incompetence at the highest level. I love Sir Alex above everything but someone should have stopped him before he arrive at the front door of Carrington.

3. The club should immediately after they partet with Solskjaer informe the media that they will take any time neccesery to search for a competent new manager. It can take one week, one month or even longer. No time schedule.

4. One or two days after they parted with the manager they should publicy announced media about who's going to be our new interim manager. Why wait one or two days? Give everybody a chance to calm down and dont force thru such a sensitive decision. There are plenty of reliable candidates out there, if they look closely they will find a good candidate who can steady the ship on short notice. All the club needed to move forward a few days or a couple of weeks is a new steday voice and someone who could rally the squad to do their best.

Whats happening now is a disaster on so many levels. From a human (Ole's well being) perspective its a total fiasco. Incompetence all over the place. No true leaders inside or outside club on a miles distance. Seeing Gary Neville floating around the media landscape with his hypocriticla veiws makes me puke.

Just one simple observation. Who's the idiot who brief media about the boards future intentions. Tell me what good will follow with such stupid leaks when everything can change in a matter of hours? It's never a good thing to delay a must decision because that's only screams cowardness and incompetence.

As a United supporter since 1974 I shouldn't be chocked but I'm totally lost for words about our lack of leadership.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
He's also tried to install a new culture within the club - again trying to integrate youth players, new signings...
I'm sorry, but this is just not true.

Look at the treatment of VdB to start with. Then the so-called youth players, what happened to Amad, scored a wonder goal one game, then is never seen again. New signings you say.... well what about Jadon Sancho, the club (no doubt with Ole's backing), chases him for 2 years, gets him & then he leaves him on the bench. The most bizarre one of all: Jesse Lingard. He goes out on loan to West Ham and looks like a world-beater so the club has two choices - sell him to get as much money as possible, or recall him and get the same performances for Man Utd as he was giving at West Ham. But the 3rd option, recall him and bench him makes absolutely no sense at all.

Having said that, Lingard, Amad, VdB (and there are others too) all suddenly find that a 36 year old Portuguese player is brought in and has to have his name on the team sheet before anyone else's.... and who's fault was that?

Fergie coming in to defend him just shows how dreadfully we are run...
It was Fergies fault, as I believe he made a last ditch phonecall to Ronaldo when he was considering a move to Manchester City. Perhaps that is why Fergie is at the training ground today offering his support to OGS, it is the least he can do after causing so much trouble for his ex-striker, this season.

How many successful years did SAF have at Old Trafford by-the-way? 1990 - 2013 so 23? But he facilitated the Glazers involvement from 2003, he ran down the playing squad and built the club around himself and himself alone so that once he left, a massive gaping hole appeared. One which doesn't look like being filled anytime soon, except that now he has regained good health, he wants to be more and more involved again. When the next manager joins after OGS they need a massive character with balls big enough to tell Sir Alex that his time is gone and to just stay out of things. In addition, I can't understand why they don't have at least one club box with with privacy glass for the old guy to watch the games from, because Sky or the BBC just love to capture Sir Alex shaking his head when things are going wrong, which was massively hypocritical last Sunday, when he is the cause of much of it. It just makes the club look bad.

Last season a number of Man Utd fans got an important match postponed - also vs Liverpool and they did so in the name of green and gold and to protest against the Glazers, but the ironic thing was their so-called greatest managerial hero caused that due in part his own personal greed over a racehorse (so not even a footballing issue) and none of them dare face up to that. Manchester Utd. are living on past glories and it needs fans to accept where the blame really lies, before the club can even think about moving on.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I swear to God that you will not find one competent multinational successful board/owner who act like Manchester United. Absolutely zero chance.

1. Never ever delay the inevitable. After the game against Liverpool the board should in a span of 24h have announced that our current manager is parted from his responsibilites. Why? As long as Solskjaer is still in charge he's the talking point who makes everthing connected to the club else toxic, his precense make the whole club lame and not making changes after such catastrophic results reflects badly on all involved in such process.

2. Never ever allow former managers, former ex chairmans or other ex "something" into the building when the club is in such turmoil. Absolutely nothing good will follow such meetings. The manager looks weak. Our board looks even weaker and what the hell was Sir Alex thinking? Incompetence at the highest level. I love Sir Alex above everything but someone should have stopped him before he arrive at the front door of Carrington.

3. The club should immediately after they partet with Solskjaer informe the media that they will take any time neccesery to search for a competent new manager. It can take one week, one month or even longer. No time schedule.

4. One or two days after they parted with the manager they should publicy announced media about who's going to be our new interim manager. Why wait one or two days? Give everybody a chance to calm down and dont force thru such a sensitive decision. There are plenty of reliable candidates out there, if they look closely they will find a good candidate who can steady the ship on short notice. All the club needed to move forward a few days or a couple of weeks is a new steday voice and someone who could rally the squad to do their best.

Whats happening now is a disaster on so many levels. From a human (Ole's well being) perspective its a total fiasco. Incompetence all over the place. No true leaders inside or outside club on a miles distance. Seeing Gary Neville floating around the media landscape with his hypocriticla veiws makes me puke.

Just one simple observation. Who's the idiot who brief media about the boards future intentions. Tell me what good will follow with such stupid leaks when everything can change in a matter of hours? It's never a good thing to delay a must decision because that's only screams cowardness and incompetence.

As a United supporter since 1974 I shouldn't be chocked but I'm totally lost for words about our lack of leadership.
2. Stopped him before he arrived at Carrington? Dude, SAF is a member of the board at United. He'll go where he pleases :p

Zen86

Insane that you want us to keep Ole till the end of the season and waste it, because Conte will apparently come in and cause far more damage than Ole(despite being 10 times the manager he is). And that next summer suddenly the "right manager" will spontaneously materialize out of thin air and take our club to glory. Delusional stuff.
Well, it seems likely that he’ll come onboard, so we’ll see soon enough won’t we?

Real Name

I'm sorry, but this is just not true.

Look at the treatment of VdB to start with. Then the so-called youth players, what happened to Amad, scored a wonder goal one game, then is never seen again. New signings you say.... well what about Jadon Sancho, the club (no doubt with Ole's backing), chases him for 2 years, gets him & then he leaves him on the bench. The most bizarre one of all: Jesse Lingard. He goes out on loan to West Ham and looks like a world-beater so the club has two choices - sell him to get as much money as possible, or recall him and get the same performances for Man Utd as he was giving at West Ham. But the 3rd option, recall him and bench him makes absolutely no sense at all.

Having said that, Lingard, Amad, VdB (and there are others too) all suddenly find that a 36 year old Portuguese player is brought in and has to have his name on the team sheet before anyone else's.... and who's fault was that?

It was Fergies fault, as I believe he made a last ditch phonecall to Ronaldo when he was considering a move to Manchester City. Perhaps that is why Fergie is at the training ground today offering his support to OGS, it is the least he can do after causing so much trouble for his ex-striker, this season.

How many successful years did SAF have at Old Trafford by-the-way? 1990 - 2013 so 23? But he facilitated the Glazers involvement from 2003, he ran down the playing squad and built the club around himself and himself alone so that once he left, a massive gaping hole appeared. One which doesn't look like being filled anytime soon, except that now he has regained good health, he wants to be more and more involved again. When the next manager joins after OGS they need a massive character with balls big enough to tell Sir Alex that his time is gone and to just stay out of things. In addition, I can't understand why they don't have at least one club box with with privacy glass for the old guy to watch the games from, because Sky or the BBC just love to capture Sir Alex shaking his head when things are going wrong, which was massively hypocritical last Sunday, when he is the cause of much of it. It just makes the club look bad.

Last season a number of Man Utd fans got an important match postponed - also vs Liverpool and they did so in the name of green and gold and to protest against the Glazers, but the ironic thing was their so-called greatest managerial hero caused that due in part his own personal greed over a racehorse (so not even a footballing issue) and none of them dare face up to that. Manchester Utd. are living on past glories and it needs fans to accept where the blame really lies, before the club can even think about moving on.
What a nice, nice post.

Alex Ferguson, the old man who had like 23 successful years but then facilitated the Glazers takeover, ran down the squad and is responsible for the situation now cause he forced Ronaldo on poor Ole. Oh and he should be kept in a box with privacy glass so nobody can film and see him. Let him watch the games well hidden and feed him from time to time.

Hypocritical old man who's responsible for us being destroyed by Liverpool.

Kudus, fantastic post, take a bow.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Bloody hell, getting daddy in to stick up for him with the players is the biggest slice of cringe so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.