• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Everyone who thinks that Ole has been given more time is wrong. He has sealed his fate already. The "let's give him till the int break" stuff is just PR. Did you take a look at his gestures when we scored? This guy is gone. He knows it. He just had instructions to steady the ship until negotiations with a new manager are ongoing.

We cannot exclude the possibilities that there were some clauses added - end the shitefest, bring the points and we will pay you the termination fee and legacy remains almost intact.
Feck up, we will throw you under the bus, you will feck the club with these results and we bin you.

So, we have just bought more time. There is no possibility that he remains as our manager after that season. None.

I was just wondering with whom the negotiations are being held currently? Ten Hag, Rodgers, Conte, Potter?

Conte is in, others are more difficult (Potter the easiest) but IF i were the board, I'd try to bring the whole Ajax trinity (VDS, Overmars, Ten Hag) and lock that down. If Newcastle is able to pull this, then we are still doomed.
I like the optimism but I don’t think this is close to being the case. The club had no contingency plan and would rather keep Ole as they don’t really know what they want to do.

largelyworried

If United beat Atalanta and City (which are both very winnable games), Ole will have the same record as Pep this season: 20 points in the league, 3 wins and 1 loss in the CL, out of the League Cup.

Just goes to show that although the season so far has been under par, it's far from unsalvageable.
If that happens both teams are in trouble. Difference is that City have shown they can turn it around from that situation, as last year when they won 13 on the trot. Don’t see us being able to put that kind of run together, or at least, we’ve never done anything like that before.

studs

That change vote should be locked. Why would you want to change you vote after voting already? Yellow belly is all it is. The **** is creeping back in and the sad thing is, they know deep down that he is not up to the job and never will be. So to save face they think by swapping votes Ole will magically become their saviour and bring them all the glory. Delusional. Every time I see Ole I see that game against Pool. He is Tainted now and that's how I will see him from now on.

Matriac

Has anyone on here actually changed their stance after 1 result? We set up defensively and then counter attacked well. That's what we did earlier when we got some good results. The moment we have the ball and try to be more progressive, it's still usually shite.
Yes. The “give him more time” ticked up a bit today. Strange.
That change vote should be locked. Why would you want to change you vote after voting already? Yellow belly is all it is. The **** is creeping back in and the sad thing is, they know deep down that he is not up to the job and never will be. So to save face they think by swapping votes Ole will magically become their saviour and bring them all the glory. Delusional. Every time I see Ole I see that game against Pool. He is Tainted now and that's how I will see him from now on.
People haven't been changing their votes over one game, not many at least.

I took a screenshot of the poll for a mate that's not on caf right around the start of the game.
It had 2456 votes for out, now it's 2459, so 3 more have voted out since the game.

It was at 382 votes for give him more time, now 404. So 22 more.

In total 25 new voters since the game, the majority supportive of Ole.
Which makes sense since it's after a win, and many of those who still believe in him will avoid the forum entirely, or at least certain threads, after a poor result due to not wanting to wade through negativity.

Maybe one or two changed their vote, but in total there's more votes for out now than before the game.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I still think he should go. He's just not a man utd level manager.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If he has a good week this week, he'll buy himself at least another two months.

studs

People haven't been changing their votes over one game, not many at least.

I took a screenshot of the poll for a mate that's not on caf right around the start of the game.
It had 2456 votes for out, now it's 2459, so 3 more have voted out since the game.

It was at 382 votes for give him more time, now 404. So 22 more.

In total 25 new voters since the game, the majority supportive of Ole.
Which makes sense since it's after a win, and many of those who still believe in him will avoid the forum entirely, or at least certain threads, after a poor result due to not wanting to wade through negativity.

Maybe one or two changed their vote, but in total there's more votes for out now than before the game.
Fair enough, but why is there a change vote? It's pointless.

The_Order

Everyone who thinks that Ole has been given more time is wrong. He has sealed his fate already. The "let's give him till the int break" stuff is just PR. Did you take a look at his gestures when we scored? This guy is gone. He knows it. He just had instructions to steady the ship until negotiations with a new manager are ongoing.

We cannot exclude the possibilities that there were some clauses added - end the shitefest, bring the points and we will pay you the termination fee and legacy remains almost intact.
Feck up, we will throw you under the bus, you will feck the club with these results and we bin you.

So, we have just bought more time. There is no possibility that he remains as our manager after that season. None.

I was just wondering with whom the negotiations are being held currently? Ten Hag, Rodgers, Conte, Potter?

Conte is in, others are more difficult (Potter the easiest) but IF i were the board, I'd try to bring the whole Ajax trinity (VDS, Overmars, Ten Hag) and lock that down. If Newcastle is able to pull this, then we are still doomed.
Boy, I hope you are right about the board stalling.

I live in hope.

Nikelesh Reddy

That wouldn't happen with this club though, because if Ole got Top4 they would give him a new deal.
I can see your point,but I am hoping that after signing top players last summer,maybe the expectations of the owners have also increased.Or maybe if supporters start turning against Ole towards the end of the season,then atleast the owners will be forced to sign a better manager next summer…

Nikelesh Reddy

I don't believe we'll get top 4 under Ole with this much dressing room unrest.

Look at Moyes Mourinho and LVG missing out on top 4 - once the players have turned on the manager it results in disastrous seasons, we cannot take that risk. Its happened to Chelsea under AVB and Mourinho too where they've ended up with midtable finishes.
I don’t think there’s that much “dressing room unrest” to be honest.Just look at how we played last night…I actually can’t see us imploding spectacularly over the next few months.I reckon we will finish 4th without challenging for the title.Unlike LVG,Moyes or Jose,I can see Ole retaining the support of the players…He will continue to keep us in the top 4,without taking us any further…A bit like Wenger towards the end of his arsenal reign.Either way I think we need to sign a better manager next summer…

Dominos

I don’t think there’s that much “dressing room unrest” to be honest.Just look at how we played last night…I actually can’t see us imploding spectacularly over the next few months.I reckon we will finish 4th without challenging for the title.Unlike LVG,Moyes or Jose,I can see Ole retaining the support of the players…He will continue to keep us in the top 4,without taking us any further…A bit like Wenger towards the end of his arsenal reign.Either way I think we need to sign a better manager next summer…
It's possible the media have overblown it this week, but I've never seen a dressing room circus like it before in my life.

It's the specificity of the stories this week and the fact they've come from every single media source - Ronaldo pleaing with the players not to down tools, players questioning Maguire's captaincy, Bailly sulking over unfit players being selected ahead of him, players unhappy with lack of playing time, players thinking the coaching sessions are poor, players thinking the manager's tactics are the reason we're conceding so many chances.

Teams can always pull out results over the course of the season even when the manager has lost the faith of the players, we're obviously not going to lose every game for the rest of the season. We pulled out plenty of good results under Moyes/LVG/Mourinho and it was only after they were sacked we found out the players couldn't wait to see the back of them.

beer&grill

Yep, fans don't want simeone because of his awful football and fans criticized Mourinho's tactics and player preferences and yet ole had us playing 352 with 3 centre backs, 2 fullbacks, 2 defensive midfielders, 1 creative player in bruno and 2 big target like strikers in their mid thirties Whilst playing on the counter, you couldn't get any more Mourinho with that player selection, formation and tactics but it's excusable when ole does it because united DNA all that rubbish.
Imagine what would Conte achieve with this squad. Too bad we let Ole “turn a corner”, now I think we’re stuck with him forever.

Regalia

Imagine what would Conte achieve with this squad. Too bad we let Ole “turn a corner”, now I think we’re stuck with him forever.
He's been allowed to turn so many corners over the past 3 years he's pretty much going in circles.

Rusholme Ruffian

So…. Are we not entertained? Are you not entertained??? Sign of a good manager Is realising and adapting. He’s changed system today and whilst I must admit we played a poor team that was a fantastic team performance. Players playing for him and the team performing as a unit.
Sign of a good manager is getting the best out of his squad - making them perform as more than the sum of their parts - and, in a club with the resources of ours, winning stuff. Absolutely laughable that just because Ole changed the system out of desperation, and got a result against a very poor side, that you think it is something to gloat about.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I think I was the only Norwegian sceptical of United appointing Solskjær back in des 2018. My feeling all the time has been that he got the job for football-romantic reasons (him being the new Ferguson and being a nice guy who knows the club etc.). He's done a lot better than I thought he would though, I have to give him that.

About your questions on Moe/Skullerud and all the goals conceded at Molde:

Moe and Skullerud didn't have large manager backgrounds either, but Moe was Ole's assistant at both his times at the club actually (2010-14 + 2015-18), so I'm guessing he has learned a thing or two from Ole. Moe is doing well with Molde at the moment, having an intense fight with Bodø/Glimt in the title race).

Skullerud previous job before the Molde time was as coach for Norway U-21. He won the league and the national cup with Molde in his first season(2014), but got sacked the year later (aug 2015) after some bad results. (Even though Solskjærs results in 2016 was worse than Moe's in 2015, this article is stating that: https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/328kv/skullerud-om-molde-avskjeden-en-helt-haaploes-beslutning). It both shows that Solskjærs results (start of season - august) in 2016 was worse than Skullerud in the same timeperiod in 2015, and Skullerud implying that Solskjær maybe was keeping his job due to his standing in Molde.

It's not normal for big teams (league winners in Norway) to concede a lot of goals:
(The stats below are from Ole's three whole seasons at his second period: 2016-2018)

2016: Rosenborg (league winners) conceded 25 goals, Molde conceded 42
2017: Rosenborg (league winners) conceded 20 goals, Molde conceded 35
2018: Rosenborg (league winners) conceded 24 goals, Molde conceded 36

Ole didn't win a single trophy at his second time at Molde, even though as I said in my previous post that he had one of the best squads and Norwegian millionare Kjell Inge Røkke providing the team with a lot of money. Molde's homeground is called "Røkkeløkka" meaning "Røkkeground" by the locals there, showing how important the millionare has been for the club over the years.
You certainly was not.
Me and plenty others were thinking it was a joke that he became interim at all.

Offsideagain

We all know yesterday was a wallpaper job good as it was. I believe Brendan Rodgers is in the frame. If true, would we take to an ex-Liverpool manager or should we just let him get on with it. He seems to have an eye for talent and how to use it.

Judas

Open to offers
He's been allowed to turn so many corners over the past 3 years he's pretty much going in circles.
This is the circle of life under Ole to be fair. He's been on the verge of being sacked so many times and come through it. I still feel he won't survive this time for too much longer though.

DutchCruijff

Let him go out on a high with wins vs Atalanta and City and then let him go in the international break because we all know this isn't sustainable.

Gives the board some time to make a decision.

He's a club legend, there are players there that have pertained to him being tactically incompetent so don't let the situation get even more toxic. Let him leave on a sweet note. He'll be appreciated for the rebuild job he's done. Don't let it end on a sour note.

FatTails

I think the best thing at this point is to put this thread on ignore for a while.

It’s becoming clear to me that the club intends to keep Ole till the end of the season. If one point in 4 games, 3 of which at home, in which you concede 11 goals and score 3, and that culminates with a humiliating 0-5 loss at home by your biggest rivals doesn’t get you sacked at a club with our size, resources, and expectations, nothing will. That run came with crashing out of the cup and with very unconvincing displays in the CL against poor sides.

I’ve modified my expectations for the season in line with the fact that he’s here till the end of the season. We need to make sure to get Top 4, and hopefully by season end we will have bedded in Sancho. That’s all I’m expecting from this season at this point.

ShinjiNinja26

This is the circle of life under Ole to be fair. He's been on the verge of being sacked so many times and come through it. I still feel he won't survive this time for too much longer though.
Vicious cycle more like. I think Pep will finally find Ole out next weekend and we’ll get a bit of a hiding, not Liverpool level bad but maybe 3 or 4 and that’ll be it for him. Then we’ll appoint a new manager during the international break.

city-puma

I don’t know if he can lead us to a sustainable long term success. But, he has true character to fight back from whatever difficult situation. He has my uttermost respect. I still hope he can do it.

Judas

Open to offers
Vicious cycle more like. I think Pep will finally find Ole out next weekend and we’ll get a bit of a hiding, not Liverpool level bad but maybe 3 or 4 and that’ll be it for him. Then we’ll appoint a new manager during the international break.
It could easily be like that League Cup first leg where they dismantled us inside 45 minutes.

Or Ole will actually be sensible and set us up like he did yesterday or how he does when we play them at their place.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Contes 3-5-2 is much more advanced than Ole did it yesterday. Ole basicly just copied Southgate with a back 5 and 2 holding midfielders to hide his lack of tackical knowledge. We will hate this system a few games in, im sure of it. Tottenham are a horrible team like United have been lately, and they would have smashed them with any formation. Kane doesnt give a shit anymore.

Kaos

Beating this Spurs side is as much a barometer as beating a blindman in a game of darts. I genuinely hope this hasn't made his job safe. He still needs to go.

buchansleftleg

I'm glad the players reacted and gave him a performance against a woeful Spurs side. I wouldn't want the last game Ole had in charge to be agame like the Liverpool one.

If he can navigate the next couple of games without embarrassment then maybe he can "move upstairs" to Director of Football and do all the stuff he is great at, while the new "Head Coach" gets on with things like tactics, formations and picking a team based on form, the things he has been weaker at.

This way the club doesn't have a humiliating "management failure" but is rather doing a succession/ stability plan.

Even if that's not the case, they can certainly try and spin it that way.

Rusholme Ruffian

I'm glad the players reacted and gave him a performance against a woeful Spurs side. I wouldn't want the last game Ole had in charge to be agame like the Liverpool one.

If he can navigate the next couple of games without embarrassment then maybe he can "move upstairs" to Director of Football and do all the stuff he is great at, while the new "Head Coach" gets on with things like tactics, formations and picking a team based on form, the things he has been weaker at.

This way the club doesn't have a humiliating "management failure" but is rather doing a succession/ stability plan.

Even if that's not the case, they can certainly try and spin it that way.
We've literally just appointed a Director of Football so that's never going to happen. Why the need to invent roles for a guy who has been an abject failure for the club in his management role? He's had the chance of a lifetime based on very little - so he's a very lucky guy. And that's before even thinking about the multi million pound pay off he'll get.

Ixion

He’s obviously staying. So depressing.
We will have to see how the City game goes. Theres a reason the Spurs fans reacted the way they did, they're attacking stats are woeful this season so were the perfect side to stick 7 at the back against and finally get a clean sheet. We'll see how well we keep out City, that game probably dictates Ole's future.

gza the genius

I'm going to say that this guy hasn't watched Sancho consistently before he moved to United.

Even if we stuck with 3 CB, we could switch to 3-4-2-1 and have Sancho roaming behind the striker with Bruno (he's played behind the striker before for Dortmund), VdB, Lingard, Pogba etc. Or we could go 3-4-3 and have Sancho as LW or RW.
That's not what he's going to do though and we all know that. He's going to stick with this exact lineup as much as he can. Bruno and Ronaldo will start every game, Rashford will probably come in for Cavani if Cavani needs a rest. The back 5 and McFred isn't going to change.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
So…. Are we not entertained? Are you not entertained??? Sign of a good manager Is realizing and adapting. He’s changed system today and whilst I must admit we played a poor team that was a fantastic team performance. Players playing for him and the team performing as a unit.
It was not a fantastic team performance. It's not like we were peppering their goal with shots. We took our chances, but the performance wasn't great, imo. Spurs were appalling.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
How many chest thumping posts about "tactical masterclass" have we had since yesterday? Going by the stay vote increasing, we must have had quite a few.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How many chest thumping posts about "tactical masterclass" have we had since yesterday? Going by the stay vote increasing, we must have had quite a few.
Absolutely embarrassing that the stay vote is increasing.

RazorOz

That's not what he's going to do though and we all know that. He's going to stick with this exact lineup as much as he can. Bruno and Ronaldo will start every game, Rashford will probably come in for Cavani if Cavani needs a rest. The back 5 and McFred isn't going to change.
That's only true if it yields more results. I mean obviously this is going to be the XI next City next weekend, if it gets beaten the narrative will change again, how it only worked vs a poor Tottenham side. We've had half a dozen of these apparent eureka moments where some lineup or formation was apparently the future, I remember when Fred and McTominay was meant to be it, but they quite clearly aren't.

Our fixtures are still pretty tricky coming up, there will be much bigger tests than Tottenham that will define if this formation has any longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.