Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindhunter

Great result and shows the team is fully behind him.

Win against City and Utd are level on points with them!

Having a sack watch thread when the manager is going nowhere divides the fanbase imo and is pointless.

Close the thread until relevant again.
It is a great result for sure. What is not sure is that the team is fully behind him. The team may be playing for themselves or for the fans. They may also be playing for their own pride. There is too much smoke in the air for there to be no fire. Ole is clearly out of his depth and the team realizes that. Long term, we are going to continue to go around in circles. A single win against a team that has lost half of their opening games in the PL isn't turning a corner really.

Great result today but Ole needs to replaced with a coach who has experience in winning trophies at this level.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
But do you really think they are going to Sack him if he wins two and looses one. Because I think this win today has pretty much safed him.
He's walking the tightest of ropes. If he loses against City with an unflattering scoreline, that's all anyone has to talk about during the international break.

RetroStu

I dont really get it to be honest. Its painfully obvious that he's going to get the sack at some point, its inevitable, so all this is doing for me is delaying and giving less time to the next manager who is inevitably going to be here sooner rather than later.

largelyworried

As I said last week, if Ole wins the next game it becomes impossible to sack him, and lo, it happened. I don’t think Ole gets the sack now even with narrow defeats to Atalanta and City. Just looks wrong. You can see people already claiming that this justifies his continued time in post - the board won’t need more than that to avoid doing something difficult. Unless we go on a long losing run - and a team with this much talent won’t - I see him sticking around.

LJJT

So…. Are we not entertained? Are you not entertained??? Sign of a good manager Is realising and adapting. He’s changed system today and whilst I must admit we played a poor team that was a fantastic team performance. Players playing for him and the team performing as a unit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does anybody think that this win gives him now another few months?
The man lost 5-0 at home to Liverpool Football Club and he’s still standing. He’s here forever

the_cliff

Its one fecking game. For all we know, he starts with Rashford on Tuesday. No one moans on twitter when Guardiola sits Bernardo Silva on the bench.
Unfortunately this isn't the problem. We were all making fun of Arsenal when they signed Pepe. We have signed Sancho for 80 mill and he's looked like a shadow of the player he was at Dortmund. You don't chase a player for 2 years go through the transfer saga of the decade only not to get the best out of him. The worrying thing like someone else mentioned is we've signed him to play some sort of expansive attacking football only for Ole not to be able to implement such a tactic. Which results in a formation back to the one we had more than a year ago playing on the counter with 5 at the back. Teams don't sign 80 million players unless they know what to do with them, it's the reason Arsenal were bantered over Pepe and it shows how terrible our coaching setup is.

We were fed all of this attacking United DNA malarkey, it's the reason why a lot of United fans are against Conte, only for Ole to not actually be able to implement any of it. Anyway, let's look at the bright side and hope we stick with the back 3, even though it's far too late and a more proactive manager would have realised sooner it's not too late to salvage something this season.

Judas

Open to offers
Who cares about Martial not being in the squad? :lol: he's irrelevant.

It is amazing and bizarre to see people flip flopping after one good result. Probably the same fans who were all Glazers out, then spent money on Ronaldo 7 shirts.

wolvored

While were in touching distance of 4th, around 6 points points off it he will be safe. He will lose a game badly, maybe 2, then probably get a result in the 3rd.
He has found a new tactic to use and I expect it will be the new default one to use.
The fact hes spent £75 mill on a winger we will hardly use will be swept under the carpet, along with the £40 mill CM he got last year.
The only way he will be gone is either we dont qualify for top 4 at the end of the season, or we drop right down during it. A heavy defeat to City, along with the break might also work against him, although I can see 2 draws in the next 2 games.

Kurton

Are we being punished now for having a sustained period of dominance in the past? It happened to Liverpool who dominated the 70’s/80’s and then went the next 30 years before winning another league title. Now after us dominating nearly the first 20 odd years of the PL we are approaching nearly 10 years without a title. Certainly seems that way. :lol:
And the sad thing is, its the very same people who made us successful are the ones who are bringing us down, as board members, manager, coaches, and pundits.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
All very bizarre. You basically have the 1st team and then a raft of players who will be desperate to leave: Pogba, VdB, Sancho if he keeps being ignored, Bailly, Martial.
This isn't going to change under the next manager. It was poor planning in the summer and now we have to live with it until the window at least.

RazorOz

Does anybody think that this win gives him now another few months?
I doubt 1 win buys him that much time. A few wins might, but 1, I really doubt. 2 losses in the other games this week and the crisis talk would be back on.

This is exactly why you shouldn't run a club like we do, lurching from crisis to crisis, judging on the result of the last game, there has to be an overall approach to how you're doing.

Lentwood

We haven't found out anything we didn't already know. If we set up defensively and counter attack, we are a good side.

The problem is we need a way of playing to pick up points against mid-table/bottom half teams

Xaviboy

This is the level

If he starts using this 3-4-3 system today then use Sancho as the AM rotate with Bruno.

Sell Martial and bring in Tripper and another CM. Got plenty of options for 2 postions for centre forward with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood. Use Bruno and Sancho as the AM.

I doubt 1 win buys him that much time. A few wins might, but 1, I really doubt. 2 losses in the other games this week and the crisis talk would be back on.

This is exactly why you shouldn't run a club like we do, lurching from crisis to crisis, judging on the result of the last game, there has to be an overall approach to how you're doing.
Honestly we need to stop looking at solely results. I’d more likely change my mind on Ole if I saw a significant change in the quality of our play and signs of a style of play emerging that demonstrated actual coaching plus also if I saw him not looking like a deer in the headlights when matches start turning around. Then, even if we lost 3 in a row, I’d say hold on there’s been a change give him time results might start matching the performances.

But now if we go solely on results, like we did last season, it will be the same crap as soon as we get past the Chelsea match, and people will always see positives when we beat teams like Newcastle 4-0 or come back from behind to scrappily beat teams like West Ham etc.

DavelinaJolie

So…. Are we not entertained? Are you not entertained??? Sign of a good manager Is realising and adapting. He’s changed system today and whilst I must admit we played a poor team that was a fantastic team performance. Players playing for him and the team performing as a unit.
One clean sheet in 18. Lost 2-1 against Young Boys, lost 1-0 against Villa, lost 4-2 against Leicester, goes 2 down at home to a severely weakened Atalanta, Lost 5-0 against Liverpool..

Does a good manager wait through those performances, until his team gets hammered 5-0, to adapt?

Blood Mage

He hasn't adapted or evolved his way of playing, he's just regressed back to his original state of grinding out wins with dull counter-attacking football to keep himself in a job, after his attempt to implement a more progressive way of playing turned to shit. And in the process Sancho's career will be put on hold just like Donny's as he's no longer a good fit.

Litch

It's ok for the here and now to save his job playing this way but it's to the detriment of the young attacking talent sat on the bench all of which will struggle to play this system. Love Ronaldo and Eddy but they are hardly our future and feels like this is more about Ole than it's about what's right for Utd.

RazorOz

Honestly we need to stop looking at solely results. I’d more likely change my mind on Ole if I saw a significant change in the quality of our play and signs of a style of play emerging that demonstrated actual coaching plus also if I saw him not looking like a deer in the headlights when matches start turning around. Then, even if we lost 3 in a row, I’d say hold on there’s been a change give him time results might start matching the performances.

But now if we go solely on results, like we did last season, it will be the same crap as soon as we get past the Chelsea match, and people will always see positives when we beat teams like Newcastle 4-0 or come back from behind to scrappily beat teams like West Ham etc.
Obviously I agree with you, but it's never going to happen. Football is the most fickle industry around, driven by the media. They literally drive the narrative of a loss = the pressure piles on manager, a win = turned the corner, doesn't even really matter how you played in media's eyes, so you will never change this mentality.

When we played Atalanta 10 days ago you had Robbie Savage on commentary saying how Utd lose it's Ole out, Utd win it's they can achieve great things, implying it's all fickle, but it's literally his field that drives that narrative. Like is there anyone who seriously thinks we can achieve great things right now? People might be happy we've won today, but I bet there are very few people who think we will do anything special this season.

I remember going back to Moyes' season how we'd lose to one of the top teams, and the TV pundits would act like it was a surprise after it appeared we'd turned over a new leaf recently after getting a few wins, but we'd never actually turned over a new leaf, we were just playing weak opposition. Obviously any Utd side will get a number of wins across the season, given we mostly play sides we have a superior squad than, not every win is a new dawn.

AFC NimbleThumb

He hasn't adapted or evolved his way of playing, he's just regressed back to his original state of grinding out wins with dull counter-attacking football to keep himself in a job, after his attempt to implement a more progressive way of playing turned to shit. And in the process Sancho's career will be put on hold just like Donny's as he's no longer a good fit.
This was my main thought after today’s win.

It’ll work sometime because we’ll Bruno, Ronaldo + Another is a rather talented 3 but honestly it just plasters over the deficiencies in the coaching.

Sancho is an outstanding talent that we’ve spent a large sum on & OgS hasn’t got a clue what to do with him.

Acole9

Outstanding
I dont really get it to be honest. Its painfully obvious that he's going to get the sack at some point, its inevitable, so all this is doing for me is delaying and giving less time to the next manager who is inevitably going to be here sooner rather than later.
I'm pleased we won but it's only a matter of time now until he's sacked.

Someone

Something
The win today didn't change anything for me. This is united at the end of the day so we're capable of beating anyone. What we need is someone who could make us consistent and won't get found out by half the managers in the league and europe.

Obviously I agree with you, but it's never going to happen. Football is the most fickle industry around, driven by the media. They literally drive the narrative of a loss = the pressure piles on manager, a win = turned the corner, doesn't even really matter how you played in media's eyes, so you will never change this mentality.

When we played Atalanta 10 days ago you had Robbie Savage on commentary saying how Utd lose it's Ole out, Utd win it's they can achieve great things, implying it's all fickle, but it's literally his field that drives that narrative. Like is there anyone who seriously thinks we can achieve great things right now? People might be happy we've won today, but I bet there are very few people who think we will do anything special this season.

I remember going back to Moyes' season how we'd lose to one of the top teams, and the TV pundits would act like it was a surprise after it appeared we'd turned over a new leaf recently after getting a few wins, but we'd never actually turned over a new leaf, we were just playing weak opposition. Obviously any Utd side will get a number of wins across the season, given we mostly play sides we have a superior squad than, not every win is a new dawn.
Fully agreed with your post and the first post of yours that I initially replied to. And like I sense you can, i can feel that one or two wins and people will think ole has turned the corner & is the guy to take us to league titles etc.

While every other club in the prem is playing the game of football to the level of their expectations

I feel like the pundits, certain journalist, United board and some fans are playing the game of “protect the egg” with ole being the egg. Genuinely seems like that’s the only priority, above success, above getting the best out of this great squad, above developing the great young players that we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.