Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'm with you pal. I was staying in the Lowry the other night and found out Ole was in the room next to me. I broke through the air duct cover and crawled into it as much as I could and softly sung Ole's at the wheel like a lullaby. I heard weeping coming from the other end of the ventilation shaft and then Ole's voice thanking me. We have to support the manager however we can mate.
:lol: Beautiful

Was thinking to ask him to sign my #20 RVP shirt.

Sviken

If the reports are true, seems the players have decided to take matters into their own hand after seeing how incompetent the board is at making a decision. The clowns in charge are just delaying the inevitable at this point.

TheGame

I don’t know. Van Nistelrooy doesn’t seem to get the same status despite all his goals because we didn’t win as much during his time.

We don’t tend to call Darren Fletcher or Michael Carrick legends or Ji-Sung Park. That goal definitely elevated Ole for fans. He also always had the whole Shearer comparison at a bargain which fans enjoyed.
Interesting view and I can understand where you are coming from. Always considered all of those players great players in the history of the club.

macheda14

One was at the club for more than 10 years and scored over 100 goals. He also scored other important goals for example the winner against Liverpool at home in the FA cup that a lot of the United players point to as the turning point in the season that kickstarted our treble run. The other scored one important goal for the club. He was a youngster Fergie chucked on with a few minutes to go because we were desperate for a goal.
Oh FFS! You can try to have a reasonable debate with people but comparing him to Macheda is just idiotic.
I mean, most of us are ole out. But comparing him to Macheda is just pure nonsense. He is a legend of this club right fully. How many teams in England have done the treble or have won the cl the way we did that season? Ole won it for us and we should be grateful. It's seeped deeply in United history.
This is what happens when you listen to idiots on twitter that are trying to rewrite history.
Look at my username. Of course I was joking.

CloneMC16

The Glazers are too scared to sack Ole even though 90% of fans want him out.
I don't think they're scared. I feel like it's because the candidates they want to take over aren't available. Sacking Ole is all well and good, but we need to get a replacement. I assume we'll have to get a caretaker. He still needs to be good enough and the right man.

pseudo_canadian

From what I understand Chris Wheeler is fairly reliable, so maybe this the beginning of the end for Ole.

Won’t hold my breath though.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
If it is a caretaker I hope he can bring in some experienced coaches until the end of the season. It is a messy situation. It would be better if Ole lasted until the end of the season but I think he will be fired today.

Flytan

If the reports are true, seems the players have decided to take matters into their own hand after seeing how incompetent the board is at making a decision. The clowns in charge are just delaying the inevitable at this point.
This is a strategic choice from the board. They want to make it look like the players forced him out and they were left no choice but to fire him. Our entire club is one giant PR exercise

TheGame

I don't think they're scared. I feel like it's because the candidates they want to take over aren't available. Sacking Ole is all well and good, but we need to get a replacement. I assume we'll have to get a caretaker. He still needs to be good enough and the right man.
There is a chance they are sounding out replacements before announcing something and are probably in no rush given we don’t have a game until after the international break. We’ll find out soon enough this week.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I mean, most of us are ole out. But comparing him to Macheda is just pure nonsense. He is a legend of this club right fully. How many teams in England have done the treble or have won the cl the way we did that season? Ole won it for us and we should be grateful. It's seeped deeply in United history.
Agreed. I'm guessing quite a few posters on here may be too young to have been fans during and before the treble season, hence those comments.

macheda14

Of course you were. No white text. You tried to make a post slagging off his playing career and it backfired.
I said that he scored a goal that gave him legendary status and included macheda as a reference to my username and how it is a burden I have to bare. This is prime example of Poe's Law. Do people always need white text and or '/s' these days.

Mr. Ant

If the reports are true then Ole will be sacked for sure.

At this point players just need a change.

Funnily enough, they need exactly what Ole brought after Jose, a change of atmosphere in the changing room.

Any caretaker will give them that and if we can find someone actually capable of coaching and tactics that suit this team we will be back on track after a few training sessions.

TheGame

I said that he scored a goal that gave him legendary status and included macheda as a reference to my username and how it is a burden I have to bare. This is prime example of Poe's Law. Do people always need white text and or '/s' these days.
Your post seemed like you were being serious and actually comparing him with Macheda. If you weren’t fair enough but came across like that.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The only reason ole is not resigning is 7m payout.

Other than that he should have resign if he loves the club.

At this point he shouldn't be using im a legend show some respect card when it's clear he's putting the club well being behind his own personal gain

I 100% wont blame him for doing that. I would. But at this point, it's fair game to throw an egg on him, it's an expensive egg 10m it does. I would gladly got the world eggin me for 5m

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
What about poor Sherignham? Doesn't get any credit, no Sheringham legend, he did score the goal in injury time that saved us, York Cole that got us all the way the final as our main strikers in the first place, never get mentioned enough nowadays.

Dominos

From what I understand Chris Wheeler is fairly reliable, so maybe this the beginning of the end for Ole.

Won’t hold my breath though.
The issue is these are basically the same stories that came out after the Liverpool defeat. We already knew the players had no faith in Ole's management, this is just more confirmation. If he could survive the dressing room leaked stories after Liverpool, there's no reason he couldn't now.

The signs are a bit more promising though, I feel he's more likely to go this week than not as the timing on the international break fits nicely. However our board are absolutely clueless so it's 50/50 at best.

macheda14

Your post seemed like you were being serious and actually comparing him with Macheda. If you weren’t fair enough but came across like that.
I mean this is the issue with our fanbase and the internet in general. People taking an entirely absurd position as a joke will always be misconstrued because there are actually enough idiots out there that it doesn't seem outside the realms of reality that someone would legitimately hold said absurd position. Everything has to be signposted.

Mainoldo

What about poor Sherignham? Doesn't get any credit, no Sheringham legend, he did score the goal in injury time that saved us, York Cole that got us all the way the final as our main strikers in the first place, never get mentioned enough nowadays.
All the players that played ahead of him are not legends. But Mr nice guy is. I always find it funny.But you have to remember a lot of these younger fans didn’t live the 99 season. So they don’t get it.

TheGame

I mean this is the issue with our fanbase and the internet in general. People taking an entirely absurd position as a joke will always be misconstrued because there are actually enough idiots out there that it doesn't seem outside the realms of reality that someone would legitimately hold said absurd position. Everything has to be signposted.
The problem has been people have posted comments such as that and it hasn’t been a joke. Hard to tell the difference sometimes.

tomaldinho1

All the players that played ahead of him are not legends. But Mr nice guy is. I always find it funny.But you have to remember a lot of these younger fans didn’t live the 99 season. So they don’t get it.
I always thought of Yorke and Cole as legends but it’s true, somehow the loyalty of being a sub have elevated Ole above many players who were much better for us. Sadly, though it shouldn’t, many won’t be able to separate the player from the manager and his reputation will now be permanently damaged.

Witchking

True but that is because Ole is in the United lime light. If teddy, Andy Cole were in active United duty like ole is currently, their achievements would also be constantly reiterated.

Also since Ole's failure this season, a lot more people have questioned Ole's status as an United legend which has sparked this debate.

TheGame

True but that is because Ole is in the United lime light. If teddy, Andy Cole were in active United duty like ole is currently, their achievements would also be constantly reiterated.

Also since Ole's failure this season, a lot more people have questioned Ole's status as an United legend which has sparked this debate.
Exactly this. No one is debating the status of those other players or dismissing them.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

True, but its also a reason his legend status is being blown out of proportion, I think.

Mainoldo

Bulls@it. The guy has a banner and name has got sang for years. I can’t remember the last time Andy Cole’s name got sang. As I’ve said he’s a nice guy and is easy to adopt. Has nothing to do with limelight.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
The board are gonna have some job on their hands getting the fans back on side after this. Can’t think of much that would do it, short of the next game being played with Woody’s head as the ball.

Sviken

If the reports are true then Ole will be sacked for sure.

At this point players just need a change.

Funnily enough, they need exactly what Ole brought after Jose, a change of atmosphere in the changing room.

Any caretaker will give them that and if we can find someone actually capable of coaching and tactics that suit this team we will be back on track after a few training sessions.
All well and good until the morons in charge decided to give it to Ole permanently even though he has no qualifications for a job of this stature.

Someone

Something
I wonder what the cost of delaying the decision will be like. Players losing confidence can't be underestimated, and with each passing game things get worse, even if we manage a win here or there to keep him on the job, you can tell that a lot of players are shitting bricks during the games.

I've also never witnessed so much anger from the fanbase in my lifetime.

It's troubling that those leading the club can't see how delaying this decision will impact the club, which makes me worry about the club long term. They're really incompetent, and not invested enough in football to fully understand the damage they're doing.

Reactions: Fortitude

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will be watching the news intently tomorrow from about noon onwards :drool:

Hoof the ball

Feel free to quote me on this tomorrow morning, but, I'm looking forward (read: not looking forward) to waking up and reading, "Ornstein: Solskjaer expected to remain United manager for the foreseeable future."

Status
Not open for further replies.