Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder who the people that think he needs more time to turn it around are? If most of the board are business people, then surely they should look at the objective evidence of this season and realize this is going to fail, and that's even without taking into consideration subjective things like the terrible quality of football.
Business people are the ones that will need a bit of convincing when it comes to actually pull the trigger. The board gave Ole and his staff 3 years extensions and anyone that is fiscally responsible won't take this sacking lightly.

laughtersassassin

I voted for him to stay as I just had too much love for him as a player.

However I don't want him to stay now but can't bring myself to pull the trigger
That makes zero sense.

By that thought process Roy Keane or Rooney or someone should be his replacement

Orange Tree

Embarassing. It has been two weeks since Liverpool.

If that match didn't ring any alarm for the club to make a contigency plan, then we really are hopeless.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The silence is deafening, I think he's done.
You drawing that conclusion from the silence, or is it what you hope is happening?

I’ve never been more disillusioned with the hierarchy than during this period where they’ve effectively tanked the season in November for no good reason.

Shark

@NotShark
I wonder who the people that think he needs more time to turn it around are? If most of the board are business people, then surely they should look at the objective evidence of this season and realize this is going to fail, and that's even without taking into consideration subjective things like the terrible quality of football.
The same imbeciles that awarded him a three year contract.

oz insomniac

As someone who has followed the club for over a lifetime, and for more than 50 years living in Australia and initially listen8ng on shortwave radio late at night, it’s distressing to see the standards that Ole has put the club in . Star players across the board, enormous wages and yet no discernible style, little or no structure, and seemingly no plan to build around the skills of some world class players.

Ole needs to be moved on as soon as practical, the club is basically free falling and the owners are frankly missing and with no knowledge of the damage that is being done, after all their wealth has grown since their no cash take over and they left Woodward to his own deceives as the free fall started and never stopped.

It seems the whole coaching set up is a bit amatuer hour compared to the clubs rivals and Ole basically is way out of his depth. The longer a revamp of the coaching set up is delayed, then the longer the recovery will be, the game agst City underlined where we really are. Have to say it, despite the players, the coaching etc has us as bottom half club , rescued mostly by individual skills rather than any structure or plan.

As they say say, “ Ole and staff, you are the weakest link, goodbye “

Reactions: Sultan

redshaw

Van Basten said VDB going to United was a bad move when he first signed, he couldn't have been more correct. I don't think anyone would've seen how bad it would be really.

It's shocking what has gone on, same with constantly playing a very poor Shaw instead of getting Telles back. Instead of utilizing the squad we have players simply rotting away that can't be brought back then. Donny was still that Ajax player, he was contributing like away to Newcastle, excellent game at home to Leipzig then lost his sharpness due to never playing and the odd minute he'd get would look lost in what to do out there. Ole's management is so poor. Shaw and Maguire have been a car crash every match yet keeps picking them.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
No offense but this sounds like a power play move from a mod and threatening to ban posters is quite frankly ridiculous.

You guys are supposed to moderate this place fairly, not based on emotion. The poster made some valid points. Name calling has been happening on these boards forever and never were they edited out but as soon as Ole is on the end of some of these name calling, that's when you decided to draw the line. Why aren't you extending that same courtesy to players and other entities working for Man united who constantly get name called for their apparent incompetence?

This reads more like a mod got personally offended by Ole being called names, so decided to abuse his power as a mod and apply special and unique rules for Ole himself, meanwhile everyone else get called names.

This excuse that Ole is a legend, wants what's best for United therefore he should be absolved from name calling is weak. The likes of Neville, Scholes and co get dragged by posters on these boards, get name called yet not exceptional rules are applied to circumvent ridicules being thrown at them.
A power trip on an internet forum? Get real man!

Ole is not an exception. Name-calling of anyone is tasteless. Criticism of Ole, players, upper management, owners is all warranted and understandable and nobody on the forum is regulating this direction. However, the question you need to ask yourselves is what will it achieve insulting a decent human and throwing childish insults and name-calling?

JPRouve

Scout
How can you not have a contingency plan?
In Football contingency plans are a myth more than anything else, there isn't a surplus of quality managers and the good ones rarely leave their jobs in the middle of the season. Unless you are lucky to have a strong relationship with a manager likes Heynckes, you are not in good shape if you need a manager as early as October.

dove

How can you not have a contingency plan?
Everything was rosy before the start of the season, we were about to storm the league, the only plans we had is how to celebrate our 21st :lol: Big portion of our fanbase believed in it too, the optimism before the season was quite something.

Cloud7

Business people are the ones that will need a bit of convincing when it comes to actually pull the trigger. The board gave Ole and his staff 3 years extensions and anyone that is fiscally responsible won't take this sacking lightly.
I suppose. I was more thinking along the lines of them seeing that over the course of this season form like this has us on course for not making a CL spot and the financial ramifications that come with it, but you're right that they may weigh that against the new contract. Makes that contract extension even more ridiculous. We had the easiest possible way out of this, either his contract ended at the end of the season and he walked, or it would be cheap to terminate, and instead we ended up in this mess.

indianabones2021

Supports
WBA
I understand if Man Utd decide to sack Ole, but just thinking ahead, who is available and who could be lured in that would elevate them to the level they want to be at? I think Utd would probably find no one that would be an improvement on Ole. Maybe they could lure in a big name from another club but the elite teams are not going to let go of their managers easily.

I think Utd are in a similar boat to Arsenal a few years ago where they had chance after chance and quality managers were available, but by the time they made the move there were no one at that level left.

HarryP

Lots of pessimistic cynics here, who struggle to look at things objectively.

For eg, there are many who say that the board won't sack him until Top 4 is mathematically impossible, yet - almost in the same breath - mention Mourinho, who was sacked when Top 4 was mathematically possible. They are talking out of their arses.

The difference between LVG/Mourinho and Solskjaer is that the sharp spiral of decline occurred for both those managers later in the season (after a moderately downward trend which had already left us off the pace - but not out of contention)

The Solskjaer situation is different here because we've become really bad very early on, at a point when the season is still salvageable. It also doesn't help him that he's had 3 years in the job already and has had the money to assemble what many believe is our most talented squad in a decade.

I do think he will go this week. If he doesn't, it will rank as one of the most incompetent board decisions ever not taken at a club of this stature.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't buy it. Ole was appointed on a temporary basis. Why are they suddenly looking for the new Alex Ferguson before they'll pull the trigger? Either they are complete idiots or they are just having us all on again and buying Ole more time. They're probably counting down the days to when we get a run of easy fixtures so that Bruno and Ronaldo can make us look good again.

minoo-utd

Just why going against all the odds and still trust this clueless man to change anything anytime soon? why our board has to be so stubborn, and reach to this poor embarrassing level! why for once they don't just react faster, and put things at their place! I really don't understand what are they waiting more to see from Ole! we should put football and success above everyone or every former legend. Look at Chelsea ffs

ShinjiNinja26

What the feck have the board been doing the last couple of weeks if not looking for a replacement? Surely you should be able to identify someone in that time if only on a temporary basis. We’re a joke.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Match going fans are sitting with all the power. If they turn on him, he will get the sack. Im sure most of them are anyway when they get home.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
To sum up for all of you who just opened this thread after day or two; move on people. Nothing to see here.

Kurton

Who are these people changing votes on a per day basis. At one point it was 89% or so, then it went down to 85% after Spurs win and Atalanta draw, and now it increased to 87%. How fickle can one be :houllier:

JPRouve

Scout
I suppose. I was more thinking along the lines of them seeing that over the course of this season form like this has us on course for not making a CL spot and the financial ramifications that come with it, but you're right that they may weigh that against the new contract. Makes that contract extension even more ridiculous. We had the easiest possible way out of this, either his contract ended at the end of the season and he walked, or it would be cheap to terminate, and instead we ended up in this mess.
The problem is that in that equation the only guarantee is that Ole and his staff will cost a lot of money if sacked and you don't have a strong replacement that seems available in November. It's not as if anyone is going to see us reach a CL spot otherwise it would apply to Ole himself.

The club made the mistake of not going after Conte, the short term or abrasive arguments are and were BS because if you give him a relatively short contract you put yourself in a situation where you can evaluate the situation for 2023 while having a better manager than Ole in the immediate future. Now what they did is give more weight to the idea of keeping Ole unless the house completely takes fire.

Shark

@NotShark
Feck all is happening but at least the media are now going after him, Ducker is particular with that article is promising at least and means the end must be at least in sight now.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Who are these people changing votes on a per day basis. At one point it was 89% or so, then it went down to 85% after Spurs win and Atalanta draw, and now it increased to 87%. How fickle can one be :houllier:
Short term result oriented thinking.

Revaulx

I'd like to know how many people who live in Manchester and go to games know much about football, or whether they're only achievement in life is managing to climb up on that high horse and lecture the rest of us on what it means to blindly support something without showing a modicum of original thought.
I can assure you that:
  1. Manchester is not full of Ole cultists.
  2. Just because fans in the ground (many/most of whom aren’t Mancunians in any case) don’t shout out for the manager to be sacked doesn’t mean they are content with him. You should listen to them waiting for the tram!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
As someone who has followed the club for over a lifetime, and for more than 50 years living in Australia and initially listen8ng on shortwave radio late at night, it’s distressing to see the standards that Ole has put the club in . Star players across the board, enormous wages and yet no discernible style, little or no structure, and seemingly no plan to build around the skills of some world class players.

Ole needs to be moved on as soon as practical, the club is basically free falling and the owners are frankly missing and with no knowledge of the damage that is being done, after all their wealth has grown since their no cash take over and they left Woodward to his own deceives as the free fall started and never stopped.

It seems the whole coaching set up is a bit amatuer hour compared to the clubs rivals and Ole basically is way out of his depth. The longer a revamp of the coaching set up is delayed, then the longer the recovery will be, the game agst City underlined where we really are. Have to say it, despite the players, the coaching etc has us as bottom half club , rescued mostly by individual skills rather than any structure or plan.

As they say say, “ Ole and staff, you are the weakest link, goodbye “
Excellent post!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Brendan wasn't good enough for Livverpool but he'll be good enough for us ?
Tuchel wasn't good enough for PSG, Klopp got Dortmund closish to relegation. Shit happens.

Not a fan of Rodgers, but don't think being sacked by Liverpool five years ago means that much.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Brendan wasn't good enough for Livverpool but he'll be good enough for us ?
Tuchel 'wasn't good enough' for PSG. Conte 'wasn't good enough' for Chelsea.

Sometimes it just doesn't work for managers at some clubs. Hell, Moyes was deemed not good enough for West Ham by them after his first stint, but look at him now.

If I had a pick of managers, would I go for Rodgers? Absolutely not.

Do I think he'd be better than Ole? Absolutely.

ShinjiNinja26

This just confirms we’re no longer a big club. Happy to descend into mediocrity and have shown we have little desire to challenge for major silverware. Get use to fighting for top 4 for the foreseeable because that’s height of our ambition I’m afraid.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Embarassing. It has been two weeks since Liverpool.
If that match didn't ring any alarm for the club to make a contigency plan, then we really are hopeless.
It's not going to happen.
At least it really doesn't feel as though Solskjaer is getting the bullet.

I don't think the board are going act until after the Villareal, Chelsea and Arsenal games, which really will decide the season.
Lose to Villareal and the CL campaign is hanging by a thread.
Lose to Chelsea & Arsenal and even top 4 is looking like a mountain to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.