• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Match going fans are sitting with all the power. If they turn on him, he will get the sack. Im sure most of them are anyway when they get home.
This is true. Regardless of the boards’ incompetence, if match going fans made it very clear they’re not happy with this all the way back at the Villa/Everton games he wouldn’t be here now. I’m not going to tell match going fans how to support the team but if you can’t bring yourself to unanimously boo this shite then suffer the consequences.

the_cliff

Tuchel wasn't good enough for PSG, Klopp got Dortmund closish to relegation. Shit happens.

Not a fan of Rodgers, but don't think being sacked by Liverpool five years ago means that much.
Well, the way he's going this season we'll probably get him for free. Sacked by Liverpool, soon to be sacked by Leicester.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tuchel wasn't good enough for PSG, Klopp got Dortmund closish to relegation. Shit happens.

Not a fan of Rodgers, but don't think being sacked by Liverpool five years ago means that much.
Tuchel was good enough for PSG.

Godfather

Is our board working half time only?

A contingency plan should have been made the second we threw the CL group away last season, at the latest after our embarrassing performance against Villareal in the EL final.

But not to come up with one 2 weeks after one of the most humbling losses against the Scouse and after taking another one against our local rivals is sheer ignorance.

Mindhunter

So no murmurs of the board considering a change? Just pure, dark silence? Not even a cheeky article about Rodgers buying new stationary or Zidane liking a Manchester coffee shop on FB? I am waiting for the faintest of hints to go all muppet but sounds like our boards strategy is to just pretend the problem doesn’t exist till it goes away by itself.

Thank God this indecisive bunch weren’t in charge of the covid response.

Skills

Snitch
We should just rename the club to whatever managers in charge FC

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer FC
Jose Mourinho FC
Louis Van Gaal FC
David Moyes FC

It seems like the club doesn't have any identity beyond the manager that they currently employ.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is our board working half time only?

A contingency plan should have been made the second we threw the CL group away last season, at the latest after our embarrassing performance against Villareal in the EL final.

But not to come up with one 2 weeks after one of the most humbling losses against the Scouse and after taking another one against our local rivals is sheer ignorance.
I'm interested by this contingency plan new fad, what exactly people think it should be?

dove

Lots of pessimistic cynics here, who struggle to look at things objectively.

For eg, there are many who say that the board won't sack him until Top 4 is mathematically impossible, yet - almost in the same breath - mention Mourinho, who was sacked when Top 4 was mathematically possible. They are talking out of their arses.

The difference between LVG/Mourinho and Solskjaer is that the sharp spiral of decline occurred for both those managers later in the season (after a moderately downward trend which had already left us off the pace - but not out of contention)

The Solskjaer situation is different here because we've become really bad very early on, at a point when the season is still salvageable. It also doesn't help him that he's had 3 years in the job already and has had the money to assemble what many believe is our most talented squad in a decade.

I do think he will go this week. If he doesn't, it will rank as one of the most incompetent board decisions ever not taken at a club of this stature.
I get your point but the question here is, was Jose really sacked purely because of results? I think the big reason he got sacked was because of his off the field antics. He was blaming everyone but himself and everything was miserable. We will see but I personally believe Ole will see out the season unless of course it get's unbearably bad.

padzilla

Hipster
Our fans have let them off the hook - there should be howls of derision and boos of protest around the ground at Ole still being manager - like Spurs fans did to get rid of Nuno.
Instead a large section of our fans see it as a badge of honour to act as cheerleaders regardless of what happens on and off the pitch.

minoo-utd

Match going fans are sitting with all the power. If they turn on him, he will get the sack. Im sure most of them are anyway when they get home.
Our fans are so negative and even more embarrassing to see them act like actual robots and just clap clap. I wished after Liverpool defeat to see a real die hard fans shouting and screaming and never stop until message is well delivered and everyone sees that a performance like this can not be taken easily like it was. That was the most embarrassing thing to ever see.

Posh Red

The fans inside the stadium are annoyed and there were boos on Saturday. I think it’s a bit of a myth that they aren’t showing frustration. Just feels like people looking for someone or something to blame.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Still no word from a club representative showing they support Ole?

He's as good as gone already. It's just a matter of time before it's made official.

stw2022

The Glazer’s don’t really talk to anyone though so lack of information coming from club is hardly news. I suspect the first we’re going to hear is after a decision is made

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Is this thread just a support group now? I’m here to share the pain.

Ralph1386

So no murmurs of the board considering a change? Just pure, dark silence? Not even a cheeky article about Rodgers buying new stationary or Zidane liking a Manchester coffee shop on FB? I am waiting for the faintest of hints to go all muppet but sounds like our boards strategy is to just pretend the problem doesn’t exist till it goes away by itself.

Thank God this indecisive bunch weren’t in charge of the covid response.
The Glazers are on US time and still sleeping probably

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
In the breakdown of the game on the Athletic this morning I saw that -

The City game was the 15th League game where we've lost by two or more goals under Solskjaer. Compared to five under Moyes, five under LVG, and eight under Mourinho...
In addition to this I've been saying for about 5 years now that we are a team who more often concede at least 2 goals and rarely only concede just 1 or 0. We have been trying to be sucessful under a range of post-Ferguson managers whom have all has sides who, when they concede, tend to concede 2+ goals. I've not gone back and looked at the actual numbers but I bet they would be shocking.

I'd love someone with time on their hands to go and look back at the frequency of 0 or 1 conceded versus frequency of 2+ conceded over Ole's time at the club since being made permanent.

Tony247

Supporters are at various stages of grief. Ole threads have become group therapy forums.

Revaulx

This is the problem is having your head buried in the sand and just believing your on the right track. Many of us were criticized for being skeptical of Ole. If the club had an iota of that and had focused more on performances we'd have been better prepared.
Indeed. I thought we’d made real progress last season and Ole had done more than enough to be given another one. The big drop off in quality of performances after the pasting of Roma was worrying though, and it seemed obvious that continued improvement this season wasn’t a foregone conclusion.

I suppose they believed that splashing the cash on a few new players would guarantee an upward trajectory.

SATA

I believe the players are similarly waiting for news of him being sacked as much as us the fans. It’ll be a relief for everyone when it happens though not at the level of Jose’s toxicity departure

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If/when Ole leaves, Woodward has to follow! I know he's already stepping down at some point this season but honestly, he has made so many bad decisions during this time that each one of them in insolation should have been a case for dismissal. 8 long years of one bad decision after another, the one that really broke the camels back for me was hiring Ole full time based purely on emotion and nothing else. Why would you do that when you publicly announced that you would spend the entire season and the summer to find the right manager.

I cannot wait to see the back of this wally (woodward that is).

Xaviboy

Gary Neville talking shite again on his podcast. Doesn't think ole be sacked.

Said we are a train off the tracks at the moment and things need to change quickly. Said Saturday will just be looked at as it was man City and pep and could happen to any team.

Feck off Gary. That's crap.

We are a club that has spend 420 million under ole and objective is to compete with City not just turn up and try our best. Bullshit. No progress at all.

We have been hammered by Liverpool and City in last 2 home games and us fans are to accept that and move on. Club gone backwards. Sooner better ole and owners leave.

Corridor of Uncertainty

If/when Ole leaves, Woodward has to follow! I know he's already stepping down at some point this season but honestly, he has made so many bad decisions during this time that each one of them in insolation should have been a case for dismissal. 8 long years of one bad decision after another, the one that really broke the camels back for me was hiring Ole full time based purely on emotion and nothing else. Why would you do that when you publicly announced that you would spend the entire season and the summer to find the right manager.

I cannot wait to see the back of this wally (woodward that is).
Arnold is cut from exactly the same cloth - he seems to be an even bigger bellend than Woodward actually.

Nothing is changing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel like I’m losing my mind here. Checking Twitter every now and then to see surely some announcement but at the same time I’m also thinking there’s no chance it even happens for another month or two. This is insane.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You drawing that conclusion from the silence, or is it what you hope is happening?

I’ve never been more disillusioned with the hierarchy than during this period where they’ve effectively tanked the season in November for no good reason.
More in hope than anything else tbf. And if i'm honest, sacking Solskjaer would make me more upbeat regarding our prospects for the rest of the season. Which is sad to say but that's how demoralised I am with our performances under Ole.

Redfrog

I get your point but the question here is, was Jose really sacked purely because of results? I think the big reason he got sacked was because of his off the field antics. He was blaming everyone but himself and everything was miserable. We will see but I personally believe Ole will see out the season unless of course it get's unbearably bad.
It’s going unbearably bad already. 4 points out of 18 in the league and being bailed out by Ronaldo in the champions league. Anyone can see it but our board. That’s pretty crazy to be honest. He wouldn’t have survived in any club but here.
Ronaldo is wishing to have signed for City.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
In addition to this I've been saying for about 5 years now that we are a team who more often concede at least 2 goals and rarely only concede just 1 or 0. We have been trying to be sucessful under a range of post-Ferguson managers whom have all has sides who, when they concede, tend to concede 2+ goals. I've not gone back and looked at the actual numbers but I bet they would be shocking.

I'd love someone with time on their hands to go and look back at the frequency of 0 or 1 conceded versus frequency of 2+ conceded over Ole's time at the club since being made permanent.
Ole has over seen 21% of all losses by Utd in the PL era…21%

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
I feel like I’m losing my mind here. Checking Twitter every now and then to see surely some announcement but at the same time I’m also thinking there’s no chance it even happens for another month or two. This is insane.
Not just me then. This is painful. We are sleepwalking into oblivion.

At this point a replacement is irrelevant, just a change of direction will do some good while things are resolved.

minoo-utd

I can't even imagine seeing him whisper to Carrick after conceding a goal vs Watford next game and they start look at their pads trying hard to understand what went wrong from our captain!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I think will be here until the end of season or until top 4 isn’t possible, just don't see the Glazers wanting to pay the compensation

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
The fans inside the stadium are annoyed and there were boos on Saturday. I think it’s a bit of a myth that they aren’t showing frustration. Just feels like people looking for someone or something to blame.
There were boos, just nowhere near enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.