• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm missing nothing. The post wasn't a summation of how we got to this point or what should have been done this summer, it was about why in November 2021 the board will need to convince itself that Ole should be sacked immediately.
I'm not sure what we're really arguing about then. :lol:
I was just pointing out how we got to this point.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I wonder how Ronaldo is feeling right now? Hearing that the clubs ambitions are to merely make top 4 ffs.

Steve Bruce

Bloody Ronaldo inadvertently has kept Solskjaer in his job. He looks more fecked off than many about it.

Such a sorry state of affairs. We could lose to Watford but as long as we don't lose to Villareal away he'll be fine to continue managing us like a Moyes 2013 tribute act.
The funny thing is the media narrative is Ronny is the reason why he will be sacked....Go figure.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not sure what we're really arguing about then. :lol:
I was just pointing out how we got to this point.
I asked myself the same question, outside of your first post I fully agree with you but it's a different topic. :lol:

Hoof the ball

Yes the recent results are humiliating and disastrous, but no need for us to be so down and out.
In this season itself, if Arsenal can go for a spectacular unbeaten run after a 0-5 drubbing by City, if Liverpool can win CL the year after losing 0-5 to City again, We, with Ole at the helm, can turn it around too.

Have faith.

Flytan

And you seemingly didn't get the point that I made at all, not only because you failed to understand the point made about managers and you also seemingly didn't understand the context of the conversation. People suggested that the board should take an immediate decision in order to fight for Top 4, the posts I answered to put top 4 at the forefront, not as an afterthought.
And my answer was that for the board that immediate decison isn't that obvious unless they have a caretaker that is close to guarantee Top 4 or someone that is a viable midterm option or Ole creates a toxic environment. Outside of these situations the board will consider the fact that sacking Ole will cost a fortune and that it could be better to wait until a better candidate appear during the season or only sack him this summer.

And no one is suggesting that Ole should or deserve to be kept, we are talking about the rational behind each decisions.
No, I completely understand your point. I just think it's impossible to find a caretaker manager who can guarantee the "requirements" you're suggesting. The person closest to that was Conte but the club dithered around and stuck with Ole. Now that he's gone there are no managers around who can come in and do anything relevant for this season. I think you're mixing up something being "obvious" vs. being "easy". The decision to fire him is simple and obvious. There's literally nothing they can point to and go "ya he's doing a good job". It's just not easy for them to fire him because they're so entrenched with him. They appointed him, they gave him a new deal for literally no reason, they allowed him to surround himself with buddies like Fletcher to back him. It's a messy and horrible situation the club is in because of nepotism.

You can reply to someone's post and further a conversation. Just because you were quoting people focusing on top 4 doesn't mean I can't add my opinion into the mix. This is an open forum.

As for him creating a toxic environment, that was done the moment he chose favorites in the dressing room. It happens anytime any manager does this, so unless the club is winning and in good form, people will always get unhappy.

Also if you're just trying to explain how the board is thinking, that's fine. You can do that, but then view my replies as an argument against the way the board of thinking instead of what you believe.

Kurton

Forgive me if I'm interpreting what you said incorrectly but I believe you're saying he was a bit of a massive racist and that's something I think a lot of people felt but never wanted to voice. Kudos to you.
No, being a nationalist is not the same as being racist. Racism is related to discrimination based on race or ethnicity. SAF is just stuck in keeping everything British at the club or at least has a preference for it.

AndySmith1990

Solskjaer's preparations for Watford have already begun. Phelan has fetched the hat and placed in the slips of papers with formations on inside. Now they just need to put the blindfold on Ole and ask him to pick one out.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

We've actually been just as bad in Europe, it's just that Ronaldo has pulled a few points out of his arse for us repeatedly

Does anyone at the club actually watch our games??
What results in Europe? Losing to Young Boys after getting played off the park in 2nd half, a game filled with brain-dead in-game management by Ole? And then 3 matches saved by Ronaldo individual brilliance without which we would have been bottom of the table?

I only hope that media just make up things as they go during such periods and this is one such instance. Surely even the dimwits in our board can't see the CL results till now as something positive?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ronaldo is gone in the summer if Solskjaer is actually kept on. Guy is a ferocious winner (The only "DNA" needed) and isn't wasting his last year or two with this circus.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
On your last point, I think that it's something that is obvious when you look at it from the outside. You know often you need the input of a friend or a colleague on topics that are too close to you, it's not that you don't know the answer but that you need someone to push you towards it. That's why I think that the fans in the stadium are a difference maker, they can push the board in the right direction by giving them the comfort that on that question they have the popular support.
I've always felt Woodward was trying his utmost to not make a hash of things and just got it horribly, horribly wrong initially and has been in a pit ever since; even the summer window was a very fair attempt to rectify his wrongs, but then he messes up repeatedly by prematurely awarding new contracts to the manager and his staff for no good reason (it's not like they were being head-hunted and sought after by other clubs, for example) and the one step forward, two step back routine repeats on itself, although this time, he's threatening to undo the entirety of Ole's tenure by keeping him on too long and ensuring our top class players want out of the club at the earliest opportunity in the summer.

He's done a lot wrong, but this would be the most harmful to his legacy because of how clear the writing was on the wall, and how long it was there whilst he sat and watched us unravel for literally months before leaving his post.

With regards to someone having a word in his ear who is able to see things from the outside in, I do wonder if in his circles, there is anyone that can do that for him. You'd think if there was, he'd already be bending that person's ear for advice to avoid some of the ruts his got us and himself into.

Absolutely agree with the bolded - at the very least, it would expedite the process.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
No, being a nationalist is not the same as being racist. Racism is related to discrimination based on race or ethnicity. SAF is just stuck in keeping everything British at the club or at least has a preference for it.
Ok that makes sense, so you're saying he was more xenophobic and delusional as he loved everything English?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

fecking hell, it sounds like even Ole suspects that he should be sacked. Feels like there's a stand off between the club and Ole. The club are hoping he walks, he wants his payout if he is sacked.

Meanwhile the fans deal with the fallout of it all and keep handing over their hard earned money whilst they play at being a football club.

Like a thousand daggers to the heart. 'At least until summer'? I feel like this is all a bad dream.

Skills

Snitch
fecking hell, it sounds like even Ole suspects that he should be sacked. Feels like there's a stand off between the club and Ole. The club are hoping he walks, he wants his payout if he is sacked.

Meanwhile the fans deal with the fallout of it all and keep handing over their hard earned money whilst they play at being a football club.

Like a thousand daggers to the heart. 'At least until summer'? I feel like this is all a bad dream.
I think it was the same with Mourinho. I genuinely think he was shocked he wasn't sacked over the summer, and just had overtly become a complete cnut and pick a fight with everyone in sight just to get himself sacked.

pocco

loco
I wonder how Ronaldo is feeling right now? Hearing that the clubs ambitions are to merely make top 4 ffs.
I simply refuse to believe anymore that our players are happy and behind Ole. The only possible reason they would think that is if they believed they weren't good enough to play here and he is keeping them safe. But the likes of Ronaldo, Bruno, Cavani, Varane, De Gea etc? These guys must be feeling as down as we are. It is hard to understand what the club is thinking? This is serious panic stations now. We simply can't afford to go back to square one and that is where Ole is taking us. There is literally no argument for keeping him, yet here we are.

I'm just going to hope beyond all hope that the club will spend the next week or so finding a replacement and that these leaks are just to try to shut fans up and allow Ole to continue preparations before he is eventually sacked.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

We've actually been just as bad in Europe, it's just that Ronaldo has pulled a few points out of his arse for us repeatedly

Didn't we get beat by Young Boys?

Hawks2008

This is truly the darkest timeline, this is easily more bleak than even the lowest moments under Mourinho or LVG.

Rolaholic

The clowns in charge seriously seem to expect Ole to wake up as Arrigo Sacchi reborn one day

Basically like: “It hasn't happened yet but let’s give him another few more games to see if he does then” and rinse and repeat

Not a plastic hoe.

What are they doing?! This is so frustrating...what results in Europe? Are they even watching the same team as us?
The team which lost to young boys, barely won thanks to Ronaldo's clutch goal and de gea's countless saves, the team which barely won against Atlanta who were missing more than 5 starters and had to even play De Roon as a center back or the team that barely scarped a draw against Atalanta due to sheer individual brilliance by Ronaldo. A team which is still not even guaranteed to make it out of the group unless they win the last two matches....
The standards have clearly fell off fecking hell.

beer&grill

My only hope at the moment is Ronaldo. There’s no way he falls for this Mates FC bs. I can’t imagine him wanting to spend his last years under a P E teacher.

I’m glad the top reds still cheer and clap him though. They are spending their hard earned money supporting the mediocrity and nepotism while the club fades into obscurity.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, I completely understand your point. I just think it's impossible to find a caretaker manager who can guarantee the "requirements" you're suggesting. The person closest to that was Conte but the club dithered around and stuck with Ole. Now that he's gone there are no managers around who can come in and do anything relevant for this season. I think you're mixing up something being "obvious" vs. being "easy". The decision to fire him is simple and obvious. There's literally nothing they can point to and go "ya he's doing a good job". It's just not easy for them to fire him because they're so entrenched with him. They appointed him, they gave him a new deal for literally no reason, they allowed him to surround himself with buddies like Fletcher to back him. It's a messy and horrible situation the club is in because of nepotism.

You can reply to someone's post and further a conversation. Just because you were quoting people focusing on top 4 doesn't mean I can't add my opinion into the mix. This is an open forum.

As for him creating a toxic environment, that was done the moment he chose favorites in the dressing room. It happens anytime any manager does this, so unless the club is winning and in good form, people will always get unhappy.

Also if you're just trying to explain how the board is thinking, that's fine. You can do that, but then view my replies as an argument against the way the board of thinking instead of what you believe.
Thank you for allowing me to talk about what I want.

pocco

loco
I think it was the same with Mourinho. I genuinely think he was shocked he wasn't sacked over the summer, and just had overtly become a complete cnut and pick a fight with everyone in sight just to get himself sacked.
I'm trying to apply any logic to the situation to try and understand why the club is possibly going to risk it all by sticking with him. I just can't understand why they are doing this. The only explanation is that Woodward simply can't find it within himself to accept he was wrong again and pull the trigger. Has he put some sort of clause in Ole's contract stating that we pay him £50m if we sack him before he fails to meet targets?

I just don't get what we are playing at. Practically every supporter wants him gone, it's a tap in for Woodward...just sack him and appoint a caretaker (like he did with Ole) or just throw some money about to get the guy you want. There's a few options that we know of ourselves that are available, there is just no excuse.

If it's the case that Ole will remain manager, it is the worst dereliction of duty yet by the Glazers and their board. It would be an unbelievable failure of responsibility; one which treats the club and the fans with contempt. If you were deliberately trying to destroy MUFC, you couldn't do any worse.

In the past couple of weeks Newcastle, Spurs, Aton Villa and Norwich have sacked their managers because results were not good enough. How is it possible for Norwich City to have better leadership than Manchester United?

The club is a shipwreck and will remain so until the Glazers go. We are f***ed.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

:lol:

We’ve actually been worse in Europe this season (performance-wise), difficult as that is to even comprehend.

Laughable.

Skills

Snitch
I'm trying to apply any logic to the situation to try and understand why the club is possibly going to risk it all by sticking with him. I just can't understand why they are doing this. The only explanation is that Woodward simply can't find it within himself to accept he was wrong again and pull the trigger. Has he put some sort of clause in Ole's contract stating that we pay him £50m if we sack him before he fails to meet targets?

I just don't get what we are playing at. Practically every supporter wants him gone, it's a tap in for Woodward...just sack him and appoint a caretaker (like he did with Ole) or just throw some money about to get the guy you want. There's a few options that we know of ourselves that are available, there is just no excuse.
I think they've convinced themselves that continuity automatically brings success. If you stick with a manager long enough, it'll eventually just work itself out.

pocco

loco
My only hope at the moment is Ronaldo. There’s no way he falls for this Mates FC bs. I can’t imagine him wanting to spend his last years under a P E teacher.

I’m glad the top reds still cheer and clap him though. They are spending their hard earned money supporting the mediocrity and nepotism while the club fades into obscurity.
It's a crazy situation. They turn up, cheer and clap multi millionaires who cling to their jobs, whilst dragging the club down and earning even more millions of pounds. These same fans return to their 9-5 jobs and suffer the misery of United for every waking minute.

They think the club listens to them, but the club is making them look like absolute mugs. A press release here and there (OT will be revamped, Woodward will resign in 6 months, More money for transfers, we'll apoint a DoF) and it shuts them right up. They take it hook, line and sinker like mugs. Then the club continues to piss all over them.

Rolaholic

Across, Manchester United’s 4 Champions League matches this season, they have led for a total of 67 out of 382 minutes (17%)

buchansleftleg

Just a question, if Ole is in charge for a lot longer and you follow through with being done? but come summer we replace him with an exciting manager and start winning things will you still be done?
If Ole stays 'til the end of the year it will be a total dereliction of duty by the board. We will have lost some talented footballers in Ronaldo, Cavani and Bruno who will probably leave if they are forced to play in the current regime. So we will have lost experienced players and not blooded the younger talent that should be ready to replace them.

We will also be out of Champions league and, at best competing in Europa League.

So I'm curious what "things" we would be winning under a new manager.

We had one of the best Managers in Women's football in Casey Stoney and squandered her talents by not providing the team with basics like shower facilities, safe training and medical facilities until we actually cost the team a place in the Women's Champions League through injuries in the end of season run in..

Woodward had promised all of these issues would be resolved by the end of the previous season and nothing had been done, causing Casey to leave in frustration. I can't see Woodward / Glazers behaving any differently now with any potential new manager for the Men's team.

I'm not saying everything has to be gold plated and brand new - but the owners and their acolytes should work to support the team and it's manager to strive to be the best they can be, not settle for mediocrity and a healthy P&L report.

No-one at this stage is keeping Ole in post because of his technical abilities, coaching knowledge or playing methodologies. He's there because he is a nice guy who doesn't demand too much from the Glazers, and doesn't complain when they fail to meet even his meagre demands.

I've been a supporter through the leanest of years as well as the best. I don't demand success to be a fan. I want the club to play attacking football, played the right way, with a mixture of youth and experience and a spirit of doing good, bringing people together in the community. I don't want to be done with the club, but self preservation has to kick in if the club continues to be run by toxic people, I'm going to stop visiting the well if it keeps making me ill.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What results in Europe? Losing to Young Boys after getting played off the park in 2nd half, a game filled with brain-dead in-game management by Ole? And then 3 matches saved by Ronaldo individual brilliance without which we would have been bottom of the table?

I only hope that media just make up things as they go during such periods and this is one such instance. Surely even the dimwits in our board can't see the CL results till now as something positive?
Unfortunately, we are topping the group right now.

City - Pep
Liverpool - Klopp
Chelsea - Tuchel
Spurs - Conte

They want the best.

United - We'll stick with Ole no matter what.
He cannot compete with those managers; he just isn't on their level of ability. It's unfair on him, too, to let this continue. The derby was so embarrassing, it was pitiful; City didn't need to make a substitution at Old Trafford because it was so easy. How can any United manager possibly survive that, after losing his previous home game 5-0 to Liverpool? I'm lost for words.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
If the option was to give him until the end of the year, what are the chances of top 4 finish? I think he would still get us top 4 and we can get a better manager next summer than anyone we can get now.

Note: this is not an old in/out thread. This is discussing if we can get top 4 with him

El Zoido

We’ll be struggling to finish top half this season, let alone top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.