Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurton

I don't think Ferguson would see it like that. He's always been inherently selfish which is what made him such a decent manager. Look at how many times he floated resigning just so everyone would scream no don't do it. I think he knows people will forget about him very quickly in the modern world of diminishing attention spans so he is securing his legacy as the last long term successful manager of United.
This is BS, and I'm on the side that SAF is the reason for us passing up on some of the good managers and hiring of Moyes and Ole. If Utd fails and disappears into obscurity, his legacy will also be gone as no one will be speaking about Utd anymore. Busby is still remembered because Utd are still relevant even though many from younger generations haven't watched him manage the club. In the meantime, there'll be other managers at other clubs who'll take overshadow his legacy anyway. What I think is happening is SAF is blinkered by the old ways of thinking coupled with nationalist and nepotist feelings is what is happening.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
We've been just as pish in Europe. Gaslighting is a go at United HQ.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Clowning behavior but tbf, we heard the same stuff before Jose got the sack
He may have spoken to Woodward on Saturday before all the reports of player unrest came out.

Does Woodward not understand that keeping a a failing manager makes him look far more incompetent than any other decision he could make right now?

hobbers

We've actually been just as bad in Europe, it's just that Ronaldo has pulled a few points out of his arse for us repeatedly
Four games in Europe and we deserved to lose each and every one of them.

Drizzle

Clowning behavior but tbf, we heard the same stuff before Jose got the sack
We also heard the same after the Liverpool debacle - after which Ole kept his job.

After a while we need to accept what is clearly true, however unpalatable - what is disastrous to us is acceptable to the board.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

We've actually been just as bad in Europe, it's just that Ronaldo has pulled a few points out of his arse for us repeatedly
I mentioned previously the CL results might get him sacked. I would have taken that loss against Villarreal because getting out of the group stage is as big as OGS's pay-off.

I am sure if we were 3 or more points off 2nd in the CL group, he'd have been sacked after Liverpool.

Flytan

No I believe that there are no top 4 caliber managers currently, I clearly said that some are better than Ole but not good enough to guarantee anything. And anyone thinking that anyone is a better manager is a moron, there is no two way about it and no reason to sugar coat it, there is a point where emotions shouldn't supersede sense.
Top 4 is a pipe dream with Ole at the wheel. You seem to think that managerial ability is the reason I say "anyone is better". It's not. It's the context of his tenure. I think the players are sick of him and think there will be a mass exodus at the end of the season if they're stuck with him until then. I think that the nepotism showed for him is abhorrent. I think that whatever good will he had in his first few years has reached a point where the club is in just as bad of a state as Mourinho with no sign of getting better. That's why literally anyone is a better manager for this club than him. Him continuing to stay here will ruin this club. It'll dig the nepotistic "old boys" club further into the club. It will ruin promising young players' careers. It will cause at least some of our best players to say "I'm done with the club". So yes, call me a moron, but maybe it's time to start looking at how bad things can get instead of foolishly hoping that he has any chance to do anything. There's never a "guarantee". I'm legit sick of people throwing the word around like some manager can come in and get us top 4. We can still reach it, but removing Ole is more about saving the club from yet another lengthy, fruitless, and expensive rebuild and limiting the damage to only this season. Top 4 should be an afterthought.

Ixion

Lost to Young Boys, should have lost to Villarreal, got out of jail vs Atalanta first time, should have lost to Atalanta second time.

Coupled with Ole's already impressive win rate in the CL yep I can see why this is being used to prop him up.

pseudo_canadian

Club deserves to be liquidated or, at the minimum, relegated for such incredible incompetence and gross negligence.

Just blow it up and start over.

Yakuza_devils

So far all the leaks to the media indicating that Ole's job is safe and he still has the confidence from the board.

I think even defeat to Watford will not make any difference. It has to be mathematically impossible to get Top 4.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This is BS, and I'm on the side that SAF is the reason for us passing up on some of the good managers and hiring of Moyes and Ole. If Utd fails and disappears into obscurity, his legacy will also be gone as no one will be speaking about Utd anymore. Busby is still remembered because Utd are still relevant even though many from younger generations haven't watched him manage the club. In the meantime, there'll be other managers at other clubs who'll take overshadow his legacy anyway. What I think is happening is SAF is blinkered by the old ways of thinking coupled with nationalist and nepotist feelings is what is happening.
Forgive me if I'm interpreting what you said incorrectly but I believe you're saying he was a bit of a massive racist and that's something I think a lot of people felt but never wanted to voice. Kudos to you.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I agree that context matters, I just think if you look at only this moment as your context then you miss the wider issue of how we got to this point.
I'm missing nothing. The post wasn't a summation of how we got to this point or what should have been done this summer, it was about why in November 2021 the board will need to convince itself that Ole should be sacked immediately.

el3mel

Does anyone at the club actually watch our games??
This is it. This is the conformation our board doesn't actually watch United games. They think the results are good enough despite being absolute shit in every single game we have played in the group against much inferior teams.

Xaviboy

Begin preparations for Watford.

Set up 6-3-1, stop Watford from scoring... no play on front foot... no actually stay 6-3-1... no let me zoom on my pad here... no stay 6-3-1. Goes to shout some instructions but can't seem to fully get across what he is saying as he hasn't a breeze how to manage the team or coach football.

Bleeding joke of a club.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I thought his tenure was the most I've enjoyed post fergie but right now I'd put it behind Mourinho. It's become extremely frustrating and exhausting

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I mentioned previously the CL results might get him sacked. I would have taken that loss against Villarreal because getting out of the group stage is as big as OGS's pay-off.

I am sure if we were 3 or more points off 2nd in the CL group, he'd have been sacked after Liverpool.
How costly was Ronaldo's goal vs Atalanta, eh?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This is it. This is the conformation our board doesn't actually watch United games. They think the results are good enough despite being absolute shit in every single game we have played in the group against much inferior teams.
Really? Has it taken you this long to realize this?

van Nistelrooy

At most, we deserved a point at home to each Villareal and Atalanta, but never the wins we robbed them of. Didn't deserve that point away at Atalanta either based on performance.

We should have just 2 points in the Champions League really and already be out. Think this may have forced Ole out.

Josh 76

Ole has the backing of the fans in the stadium and all the drunk away fans sing his name. He has the backing of the board and most of his star players, which he doesn’t drop, so I don’t think he really feels any pressure. I presuming he doesn’t read the media and take note of what the social media fans are saying .

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
What's really annoying is that he will probably be sacked after losing to Watford and a new coach will be thrown straight into it.

James35

Bloody Ronaldo inadvertently has kept Solskjaer in his job. He looks more fecked off than many about it.

Such a sorry state of affairs. We could lose to Watford but as long as we don't lose to Villareal away he'll be fine to continue managing us like a Moyes 2013 tribute act.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They can't, there's just no way. We should've been battered by Villareal and we were incredibly lucky to sneak a point against Atalanta away.

Ralph1386

Bloody Ronaldo inadvertently has kept Solskjaer in his job. He looks more fecked off than many about it.
Exactly what I was about to post. No wondering Ole was beaming after Ronnie’s last minute equaliser.

Giggsy13

I'm expecting the incompetence to continue even after Ole's potential sacking. :lol:
Absolutely. The rot at the club isn’t Ole. If the club continues operating in this manner then expect players like Bruno, Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho, and quite possibly even Rashford or Greenwood handing in transfer requests. I’m not saying this will happen in the next year, but quite possibly in the next 2 to 3 years, if we continue on this path. There is an arrogance at the top of our club, and it’s incredible that the club still operates as if they’re collective shite doesn’t stink. You would think the last 8 years would have added a dose of humility. The moment players start turning them down and asking to leave, and when sponsorship deals get far less lucrative will the Club actually change. We think we’ve hit rock bottom but there is far to go with the glazers still in charge.

Last edited:

Amir

We should have just 2 points in the Champions League really and already be out. Think this may have forced Ole out.
Naa, the board would have then kept him based on our terrific run in the FA Cup, in which we've already qualified to the third round!

I'm someone's blind or just doesn't want to make a decision, he'll always find a excuse.

jamesjimmybyrondean

You've got Varane Sancho Bruno Rashford Cavani Pogba fecking Ronaldo and I'm seeing we are waiting until top 4 is mathematically impossible. You got Conte begging to come but he's too short term and confrontational despite us having a squad in their prime. You got Ragnick also interested but we don't want because he wants too much control despite him actually being very good at doing what the club is attempting? I'm so frustrated

Xaviboy

Does anyone at the club actually watch our games??
We make knockout stages we will only play better teams football wise and be on the end of another hammering. The teams that do qualify will be rubbing their hands hoping they get us in the draw.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
At this point, it feels like United is run by Boris bloody Johnson.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Top 4 is a pipe dream with Ole at the wheel. You seem to think that managerial ability is the reason I say "anyone is better". It's not. It's the context of his tenure. I think the players are sick of him and think there will be a mass exodus at the end of the season if they're stuck with him until then. I think that the nepotism showed for him is abhorrent. I think that whatever good will he had in his first few years has reached a point where the club is in just as bad of a state as Mourinho with no sign of getting better. That's why literally anyone is a better manager for this club than him. Him continuing to stay here will ruin this club. It'll dig the nepotistic "old boys" club further into the club. It will ruin promising young players' careers. It will cause at least some of our best players to say "I'm done with the club". So yes, call me a moron, but maybe it's time to start looking at how bad things can get instead of foolishly hoping that he has any chance to do anything. There's never a "guarantee". I'm legit sick of people throwing the word around like some manager can come in and get us top 4. We can still reach it, but removing Ole is more about saving the club from yet another lengthy, fruitless, and expensive rebuild and limiting the damage to only this season. Top 4 should be an afterthought.
And you seemingly didn't get the point that I made at all, not only because you failed to understand the point made about managers and you also seemingly didn't understand the context of the conversation. People suggested that the board should take an immediate decision in order to fight for Top 4, the posts I answered to put top 4 at the forefront, not as an afterthought.
And my answer was that for the board that immediate decison isn't that obvious unless they have a caretaker that is close to guarantee Top 4 or someone that is a viable midterm option or Ole creates a toxic environment. Outside of these situations the board will consider the fact that sacking Ole will cost a fortune and that it could be better to wait until a better candidate appear during the season or only sack him this summer.

And no one is suggesting that Ole should or deserve to be kept, we are talking about the rational behind each decisions.

Revaulx

It has nothing to do with liking them or not, the point is about the personal relationship that Hoeness and Abramovich have with Hiddink and Heynckes, you can't make that out of nothing, it's not something that you replicate. And no I don't think that any of what you wrote is true, it's not for other clubs and it won't be for United, clubs all around the world misjudge managers and find themselves scrambling for replacements what often happen is that they give it to a youth coach or someone linked to the club but that doesn't have the quality or experience.
Of course; look at Bayern and Ancelotti.

Still, other clubs have proper Directors of Football or whatever who, even if they lack executive decision making, should at least have their fingers on the pulse of the global game and be capable of making informed suggestions. If the names being linked with United are correct (Rodgers, Poch, Southgate) the club's vision is hopelessly parochial.

Status
Not open for further replies.