• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
And he stays for the entire season he will get it. As bad as we have been top 4 is will United and those other 3. Unfortunately that will keep him in the job. Finishing 4th should be a stackable offense this season.
Nah with CR7 and Pog and Bruno And Cav and Sancho And Varane And DDG back to his levels we ain't gonna be sucking thumbs on the 4th place trophy. Lose today and it's curtains. Ronnie has not come here to experience what it's like to play for Arsenal.

soapythecat

I’m sticking to Feb/March time when we will be clearly out of the top 4 picture and out of all cups.
He will get a few lucky wins this next few weeks - the type of wins where we get outplayed (like most of last season) yet manage to nick it. We will continue to flatter to deceive but ultimately he isn’t good enough to win anything so he will be gone.

IncyWincySpider

He might get a couple of results to survive this month but surely there's no way he survives November? I think he's gone by December 1st. All I really hope is that we beat Liverpool at the weekend. I don't care about much else now, feels like this season is a write-off, but let's at least get one over on them.

BigRon1985

Does anyone know what his pay-out would be bearing in mind he's only just signed a new deal?

OleBoiii

When I say so.

Unironically. All the previous managers in the post Fergie era got sacked roughly 1-2 weeks after I changed my mind on them. I'm thinking about making a website called will-the-current-manchester-united-manager-get-sacked-in-a-few-weeks.com which essentially just says "yes" or "no".

Wilt

He is 2/1 now in sack PL race. He never was no1 favorite. Strange that bookies give him that odds despite rumours that Glazers still back him
They’re not saying he’ll be next out …..they just think he will be gone before the end of season (4/11).

ColvaleGoa

I think this is a too big of a mountain to climb for Ole.

Unfortunately Ole will be celebrating Christmas in Norway! Sad but true.

Revan

Assumptionman
I doubt very much that the current CEO, Woodward, would make a decision of that magnitude just before his departure.

The odds seem to be on Richard Arnold replacing him.

Arnold, by profession, is another accountant. Lord only knows if he ever kicked a ball in his life.

If results are still not good, the usual thing to do would be to call the manager in and tell him he's got a month to turn it around

So... February at the earliest.

The litmus test will be if any funding for players is provided in the next transfer window
It does not matter, to be fair. The biggest myth in football.

Pretty much all the best directors of football have not played football professionally. Marina Granovskia at Chelsea seems to be doing pretty well for example.

Foxbatt

He won't get sacked soon because we are going to win today and also get a result against Liverpool.
These are world class players. We have a lot more world class players than most clubs. Eventually they will get it right once in a while for sure.
I can't see us missing CL as I don't think Spurs have the team to beat us and Levy is not going to spend money anyway.
The worry is next year. Newcastle is going to appoint a good manager and pump in lots of money and would challenge for CL spot. There would be a few clubs fighting for that 4th spot including us.

Foxbatt

It does not matter, to be fair. The biggest myth in football.

Pretty much all the best directors of football have not played football professionally. Marina Granovskia at Chelsea seems to be doing pretty well for example.
She is not The Director of Football. She never was. She is the CEO and before was a Director at the club. She doesn't identify players and don't get involved in the football side. She however has the final say on transfers and everything to do with the financial side. So she could veto a player because of the financial implications.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
After the Liverpool match in Anfield in March 2022. It will follow games against Man City and Spurs and right before an international break.

We will then get Darren Fletcher in as caretaker manager and he will steady the ship for a while. United fans will come up with a catchy ditty to Fletchers name and the Glazers will take this as a cue to give him the job on a full time basis...the cycle continues.
Let me put you in the picture, let me show you what I mean
The messiah is my Fletcher, he's our king, but he's no Keane

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
How quickly will he be brought back in as caretaker manager after the next guy makes a mess of things?
Just joking (nah I'm not, he will be :-)
I’m with you, that’s very astute as he’d be great at that.
Managing a caretaker would be right up his street.

Revan

Assumptionman
She is not The Director of Football. She never was. She is the CEO and before was a Director at the club. She doesn't identify players and don't get involved in the football side. She however has the final say on transfers and everything to do with the financial side. So she could veto a player because of the financial implications.
Thanks for the explanantion.

So similar position to Woodward here or VDS at Ajax. Which at the end of the day, is the one who gets criticized here (rightly so).

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't think it'd be that long.

With our current form and dressing room state if Ole wouldn't make an uturn asap somehow we'd be midtable by Nov. He won't survive next year if things continue this way.
We did start last season very slowly, we were lower in the table than we are now. It certainly looks dire on the field, I'm ready for something different. But the board just extended his contract, they saw a slow start last season, I don't think they're worried yet. The home and traveling fans are still behind Ole. I think they'll give him the same courtesy they gave Moyes, as long as he keeps top 4 they're fine with it.

Not happy about it, just what I think they think. But, with what we spent last season, I think expectations should be higher.

OleTheGreat

I fecking hope not :nervous:
What do you reckon will happen? We'll get battered by Liverpool. They'll run circles around our defense and midfield. I have a bad feeling about this. I know I'm being too pessimistic but I'm not confident in the way we play at all. We cannot press as a team from the front because of Ronaldo. Pogba will not play upfront now that we have Sancho and Rashford is back. He is not a useful player in a 2 man pivot. Fred and Mctominay I have nothing to say about. Van De Beek made a huge mistake by coming here. By comparison Liverpool are monsters. They'll rip us apart. If we manage to win against Liverpool, I will still keep high hopes on us getting back in the title challenge but if not, Ole is looking at a tougher game against City a week from Sunday. If Ole manages to get through to Christmas, I'll be really surprised.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What do you reckon will happen? We'll get battered by Liverpool. They'll run circles around our defense and midfield. I have a bad feeling about this. I know I'm being too pessimistic but I'm not confident in the way we play at all. We cannot press as a team from the front because of Ronaldo. Pogba will not play upfront now that we have Sancho and Rashford is back. He is not a useful player in a 2 man pivot. Fred and Mctominay I have nothing to say about. Van De Beek made a huge mistake by coming here. By comparison Liverpool are monsters. They'll rip us apart. If we manage to win against Liverpool, I will still keep high hopes on us getting back in the title challenge but if not, Ole is looking at a tougher game against City a week from Sunday. If Ole manages to get through to Christmas, I'll be really surprised.
If he gets sacked it just means we would have got battered. I just hope that’s not the case not saying it isn’t likely, mind you.

Luke1995

Man if Van Gaal does a good job with Netherlands I can totally see the board going back in for him...

I hope if Ole is sacked, the board thinks long and hard about the next guy. There's no right answer, as a big name manager could fail and so could a young coach.

peridigm

Man if Van Gaal does a good job with Netherlands I can totally see the board going back in for him...

I hope if Ole is sacked, the board thinks long and hard about the next guy. There's no right answer, as a big name manager could fail and so could a young coach.
If the board go back for LVG, they are not thinking long and hard about anything.

Flytan

The dude hates everyone involved with United. Not only should we have no interest in him, but he's incredibly stubborn to the point he wouldn't entertain us regardless of the money.

I hope we win this game. We should even with Ole in charge. It's the Liverpool game that I don't think we have any chance at winning without pure luck. He won't be gone since we'll win tonight and "Liverpool are title contenders, United need more players" will be the message from his buddies in the media. And we all know the Glazers/United don't act until it's toxic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If the board go back for LVG, they are not thinking long and hard about anything.
That ship has sailed but he was the one who we should have backed like Ole. He had a plan and his football knowledge is huge (Rooney said that he learned a lot from LVG). He is world class coach. We fecked up with him.
I am not saying that it was all great under him but i am sure IF he got his players we would have won PL in last few years.
He is top top manager.

Orestetes

That ship has sailed but he was the one who we should have backed like Ole. He had a plan and his football knowledge is huge (Rooney said that he learned a lot from LVG). He is world class coach. We fecked up with him.
I am not saying that it was all great under him but i am sure IF he got his players we would have won PL in last few years.
He is top top manager.
Let's not get nostalgic about Van Gaal. He was backed, and his transfer business was woeful. The players he brought in were basically worse than the ones he got rid of (Schneiderling, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Darmian...). Man United is not the only club where he failed. I couldn't see him win the premier league even if we had kept him longer.

Foxbatt

Thanks for the explanantion.

So similar position to Woodward here or VDS at Ajax. Which at the end of the day, is the one who gets criticized here (rightly so).
Yes similar to Woody and VDS. The problem with us is that Woody is everything. Or rather was everything before he got Fletcher and that John chap. She does not get involved in targeting or identifying players. She only decides on the financial side. Yes she has rejected some players Conte wanted too because of the financial reasons.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Let's not get nostalgic about Van Gaal. He was backed, and his transfer business was woeful. The players he brought in were basically worse than the ones he got rid of (Schneiderling, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Darmian...). Man United is not the only club where he failed. I couldn't see him win the premier league even if we had kept him longer.
He said that he didn't got his A targets which, for example, Ole did. Not saying that he is blameless and that some players were not his choice but with our policy (lets give manager time and time and fee hands), he was the one who should have got time.
But we will never know. But he was the only one after Fergie who had good game plan and the only one who wanted to play attacking football. He didn't set a team to wait on counters even in biggest games (like Ole does and Jose did).

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
IMO LVG’s failure was down to personnel more than Ole’s and to an extent Mourinho’s. At least he was a coach with a clear plan for how he wanted his team to play with the ball. It’s still his own fault though and I wouldn’t have him back, as much as he was the one I wanted to see succeed the most of the three simply going by their football ideals (with Mourinho being the least since he didn’t even want his team to have the ball).

Orestetes

He said that he didn't got his A targets which, for example, Ole did. Not saying that he is blameless and that some players were not his choice but with our policy (lets give manager time and time and fee hands), he was the one who should have got time.
But we will never know. But he was the only one after Fergie who had good game plan and the only one who wanted to play attacking football. He didn't set a team to wait on counters even in biggest games (like Ole does and Jose did).
I think he could have done more with the players he had, rather than chase his 'A targets'. I feel Nani, Hernandez and Evra (among others) still had a few good seasons in them, but he chose to get rid of them for peanuts.
And I never saw the attacking intent of his gameplan to be honest. I remember being bored out of my mind watching Man United, even more so than for example under Mourinho. Either way it's true we don't know what would have happened if he had kept him for another season after we won the FA Cup.

Shark

@NotShark
IMO LVG’s failure was down to personnel more than Ole’s and to an extent Mourinho’s. At least he was a coach with a clear plan for how he wanted his team to play with the ball. It’s still his own fault though and I wouldn’t have him back, as much as he was the one I wanted to see succeed the most of the three simply going by their football ideals (with Mourinho being the least since he didn’t even want his team to have the ball).
Also think there's some truth to this. LVG was never a transfer guy at his previous jobs. Give him this side and I think he'd of had us challenging.

Luke1995

The dude hates everyone involved with United. Not only should we have no interest in him, but he's incredibly stubborn to the point he wouldn't entertain us regardless of the money.

I hope we win this game. We should even with Ole in charge. It's the Liverpool game that I don't think we have any chance at winning without pure luck. He won't be gone since we'll win tonight and "Liverpool are title contenders, United need more players" will be the message from his buddies in the media. And we all know the Glazers/United don't act until it's toxic.
It's obviously not good for the players to deal with daily talk about the manager being sacked, as they surely read social media, so if they can win the game it would take some pressure off Ole.

Yeah LVG wouldn't accept anything from us. I was just trying to make a point about the board rushing decisions. We have seen the club sign some players in the last days of the transfer windows in the past.

I'm just hoping they wouldn't do the same with a new manager.

BuzzKillington

He is top top manager.
He was literally the worst United manager in my lifetime. His transfers were fecking awful, his football was shit on a stick, it actually got to the point where I’d go and do housework rather than watch us when we were playing.

Do you not remember the games where we didn’t even register an attempt on goal until the 80th minute? Games where we’d maybe manage one or two attempts were common place. Players just endlessly recycling the ball around in midfield and across the back line, nobody making forward runs. It was utterly awful. His only redeeming quality was his press conferences were frequently amusing.

Luke1995

In regards to the Liverpool game, let's just face it: Jurgen Klopp is twenty steps ahead of Ole as a manager. Both in mindset and natural talent for the job.

That's not meant to be a dig at Ole. It's just the reality of how good Klopp is.

Foxbatt

We will win today and against Liverpool. Then we will lose to Wolves.
As for LVG I feel he overestimated the players he had. He also said that in the first meeting he asked what is the philosophy at United and what kind of football they want to play. He said no answer.

If we lose today and Vs Liverpool then next week. But I think he’ll go Mourinho Plus Vs Liverpool simply to protect his job as he knows after that he’s done for until the Norwegian job becomes available

Flytan

It's obviously not good for the players to deal with daily talk about the manager being sacked, as they surely read social media, so if they can win the game it would take some pressure off Ole.

Yeah LVG wouldn't accept anything from us. I was just trying to make a point about the board rushing decisions. We have seen the club sign some players in the last days of the transfer windows in the past.

I'm just hoping they wouldn't do the same with a new manager.
The reason there's daily talk about firing the manager is because the entire world sees he's not good enough and the players haven't responded to him. Pressure is oles and the players fault. I hate the media, but they've been far lighter on ole than they should be.

peridigm

He is top top manager.
He was backed. He signed 7 players in one season, 13 overall if I recall correctly. LVG was stubborn. Remember the line, "my captain shall always play." No wonder Rooney has nice things to say about him. He played Rooney when Rooney was in a steep decline.

lilcurt

Looking at the lineup today, hopefully tomorrow!

Zero progress now! Crap football centring around McFred.

Can't get a game out of Pogba, buys Donny & Sancho and doesn't have a clue how to use them.

He is an idiot. We will probably win tonight playing crap football and then get spanked by the dippers at the weekend.

Will then come out and try and portray we are progressing.

I'm fuming!

Flytan

Honestly I thought he'd actually try to show something new today vs. Atalanta. Granted maybe Bruno will play deeper and more restrained so our midfield isn't trash. Instead he went back to McFred. We'll probably win just because of superior talent at this rate (and Atalanta players not getting sleep) but instead of showing he wants to try to evolve he reverted back. It's sad.

Luke1995

The reason there's daily talk about firing the manager is because the entire world sees he's not good enough and the players haven't responded to him. Pressure is oles and the players fault. I hate the media, but they've been far lighter on ole than they should be.
I always felt the media liked to take aim at Mourinho more. Probably because he dared them to do it every press conference.

Ole doesn't provoke them.

Status
Not open for further replies.