Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopral Jono

I could see the upper echelons pulling the trigger if we don't win against Atalanta tomorrow and lose on the weekend. Some of those positive leaks to Mitten and other reputable journalists has actually made me wonder if things are indeed happening behind the scenes. The whole vibe is just a bit too similar to what we saw just before Chelsea sacked Lampard.

El Zoido

The dynamic has shifted massively against Ole, he has been under pressure but I feel the pressure has been turned up a notch in the last few days.

I cannot see how he survives this, I doubt even results will keep him in the job if performances continue to be this awful.

I hope the club makes the decision before its too late to challenge for major honours.
Was always said that he had to deliver, with the squad we’ve now got. He’s failing and there’s nothing to suggest he can turn it around.

romufc

Was always said that he had to deliver, with the squad we’ve now got. He’s failing and there’s nothing to suggest he can turn it around.
I agree, I just don't get why the hierarchy cannot see this. This is the problem with hiring mates, Darren Fletcher is his ex team mate so he will be giving him more time than he should get.

I mean there is absolutely nothing that suggests he can turn anything around.

Houdini

I would keep him he can win the FA cup or CL. Otherwise he needs to go.

Ixion

As long as we qualify from the CL group he won't lose his job anytime soon, after that it would take being mathematically out of the top 4 race for it to happen before the end of the season.

Frank Grimes

After the Liverpool match in Anfield in March 2022. It will follow games against Man City and Spurs and right before an international break.

We will then get Darren Fletcher in as caretaker manager and he will steady the ship for a while. United fans will come up with a catchy ditty to Fletchers name and the Glazers will take this as a cue to give him the job on a full time basis...the cycle continues.

Last edited:

peridigm

Jose had a lot more going on than the results. He fell out with damn near the entire squad. I have a feeling Carrick threw him under the bus too. No pun intended. Ole still has the support of his players, or so it seems.

Daengophile

I doubt very much that the current CEO, Woodward, would make a decision of that magnitude just before his departure.

The odds seem to be on Richard Arnold replacing him.

Arnold, by profession, is another accountant. Lord only knows if he ever kicked a ball in his life.

If results are still not good, the usual thing to do would be to call the manager in and tell him he's got a month to turn it around

So... February at the earliest.

The litmus test will be if any funding for players is provided in the next transfer window

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think it will be very late in the season, say 33 league matches in, when we can't get 4th anymore

Strelok

I think it will be very late in the season, say 33 league matches in, when we can't get 4th anymore
I don't think it'd be that long.

With our current form and dressing room state if Ole wouldn't make an uturn asap somehow we'd be midtable by Nov. He won't survive next year if things continue this way.

Steve 007

He’s not getting sacked. Not after we beat liverpool, Spurs, city and chelsea this month. Ok we can only dream but IF it is going to happen it needs to be soon. November will truly show if he’s the man or not. My opinion is that if he has a great November it sets up our season, but if we get battered by Liverpool we should just pull the plug.

MUFC OK

If he fails to win either of the next 2 he should be shown the door.

His presser yesterday was bizarre and worrying, he sounds so amateurish when it comes to analysing the game. I think he has no clue why other teams are superior to us. It really is embarrassing.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Which will never happen imo. Having said that, I don't think any manager should be booed who's not a complete idiot like Jose or Moyes
Id not like it to happen to Ole, but if the performances dont pick up I think we will see the fans start to turn.

Wilt

Don‘t believe there’s ever been a PL manager under so much pressure for his job, so many times and for so long.

“something has to give”

Von Mistelroum

He’s given himself a huge vote of self confidence in the press lately so he’s certainly not walking away and the owners are incredibly unlikely to sack him before the end of this season. Once they get there then they’ll probably decide to see how the new season goes with that midfielder he’ll buy and we’ll be back in this thread next season.

MUFC OK

He’s given himself a huge vote of self confidence in the press lately so he’s certainly not walking away and the owners are incredibly unlikely to sack him before the end of this season. Once they get there then they’ll probably decide to see how the new season goes with that midfielder he’ll buy and we’ll be back in this thread next season.
The fans will ultimately decide. The club will be well aware of the discontent of the supporters at present. He can't last forever whilst that is going on. We are now going to see the difference between a yes man club legend and a much decorated manager who is willing to take on the board.

I see this season going a lot like Jose's last season but will significantly better players in our squad.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
If we lose to Pool, Spurs, City and do bad in the two games against Atalanta im confident he will get the sack after that.
If we get 2+ points in those games and do well against Atalanta he wont. Maybe even 1 point is enough for the Glazers.

romufc

I doubt Ole can last that long, the only way Ole starts as manager next season is if we win the CL. Other than that, fan pressure will be too much for the club not to sack him. I mean we are already there, a few more dodgie results, pundits, fans and the like will increase the pressure to a point where they will sack him.

Lewnited

Don't think he gets sacked after a loss to Liverpool. However, I think that combined with a loss to City would see us potentially languishing in around 10th and would see him out the door - the image of United that low in the table would mean the trigger gets pulled. Real testing time over the next few weeks.

flappyjay

You think? Nailed on for top 4 are City, Liverpool and Chelsea. So Ole is competing for 1 slot there.
And he stays for the entire season he will get it. As bad as we have been top 4 is will United and those other 3. Unfortunately that will keep him in the job. Finishing 4th should be a stackable offense this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Latest odds on Ole as Utd manager….

Ole to leave/sack before last game 2021/22 … 4/11

Ole to leave/sack before 25th Dec 2021… 8/11

Ole to still be Utd manager start of next season … 11/4
He is 2/1 now in sack PL race. He never was no1 favorite. Strange that bookies give him that odds despite rumours that Glazers still back him

RUCK4444

How quickly will he be brought back in as caretaker manager after the next guy makes a mess of things?
Just joking (nah I'm not, he will be :-)

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Jose had a lot more going on than the results. He fell out with damn near the entire squad. I have a feeling Carrick threw him under the bus too. No pun intended. Ole still has the support of his players, or so it seems.
Didn't seem like it against Leicester. Players seems least bothered towards the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.