Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Rodgers is obviously better than Solskjaer but dunno if he’s the guy who’ll take us to the desired steps where we want to be or should be with our talented squad. You never know until you do it though. Everyone’s a risk etc. Ten Hag is the darling at the moment but he could easily be another instance of Andre Villas Boas going to Chelsea and underwhelm massively.

I wish Ole had the balls to call out the players like the great man used to do: I see his lack of authority as being a major reason why his time is now up…
I think that’s part of the problem. He’s too chummy with them. He’s one of the boys with calling them nicknames like Rashy, Greeny, Scotty etc… It marries up with some of the leaks where the players like him and want him to do well, but recognise he’s too limited and maybe subconsciously they don’t respect him as a leader.

If Jose was too much a bastard with the team, Solskjaer has been the polar opposite of that… and neither is good management. Don’t be a dictator and don’t be their best mate… A fundamental rule of the concept of manager in any job role.

hobbers

To call him a rubbish manager is just daft really, he's obviously not rubbish.
Reminiscent of the sort of back and forth seen the summer Moyes was appointed.

Rodgers is the same as Moyes. Found his level. Won't last here longer than a season.

minoo-utd

Sack him for who though? Replace him with what? Ole doesn't coach the players, none of your targets seem to want to leave their posts during the season. So if you sack Ole you will have an interim manager with the same coaching staff Ole had.
His profile is no longer accepted to be seen on the touchline once more, and with him still in charge we can only go from bad to worst. Season still can be saved very much and even an interim manager can do a better job than what we are seeing.

hobbers

What's Moyes ever won in his career?
Nothing, but I'm sure if he'd been managing Celtic they'd have still won every trophy they won under Rodgers.

Not my point anyway, it would just be an equally bad and obviously doomed appointment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rodgers is a gimp. A walking Fixodent advert. But he is a better manager than Ole. Nonetheless, he's both underwhelming as an option and fairly unlikeable.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Nothing, but I'm sure if he'd been managing Celtic they'd have still won every trophy they won under Rodgers.

Not my point anyway, it would just be an equally bad and obviously doomed appointment.
Rodgers has won trophies outside of Celtic.

BR has an FA Cup though, despite managing for many many less seasons in the PL than DM.

Though I do agree, he's not gonna be as good or better than Klopp or Pep so what's the point. I want us to take a chance on someone that could be as good as them. Oh and he's a massive D-bag.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Rodger’s is a good manager. Not sure he is man urd level but he’s an upgrade on ole for certain. People saying he’s a plucky counter attack underdog manager. I disagree and think he’s capable of adapting his tactics depending on the quality of player he has available. I think at the least he is a proper professional competent premier league manager and I think we have established that is not the case for Ole. Leicester look pretty well drilled and organised and good in possession when they have it.

Moyes is also proving that he is undoubtedly a good manager but I think his teams are typified by being more ‘hard to beat’ and defensively robust, but they are very functional and his West Ham reminds almost exactly of that he did with Everton. Thus style is not at all befitting of Man Utd as we well found out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rodgers would be as uninspired manager signing as I would expect from the Glazers. We won't win anything but make top four, the Red Army will sing and the Glazers would keep collecting dough.

hobbers

So who would you recommend that's available and realistic ?
As an interim, Rangnick or Blanc.

Long term, Ten Hag. Or Rose. Or Poch. Or someone else on the continent who's young and trendy. I'd rather gamble on finding the next Klopp than waste time on another no-hoper.

But since the cretins on the board can't see past Rodgers and Poch I think I'll just have to hope we hire an interim and Poch is fired before the end of the season.

Droid_Repairs

I wish Ole had the balls to call out the players like the great man used to do: I see his lack of authority as being a major reason why his time is now up…

I can't see Ole giving out the hair dryer like Fergie used to.

Drifter

American
Ok. Now the ultimatum has been set. Who is wishing for United to lose their next games.

the_cliff

As an interim, Rangnick or Blanc.

Long term, Ten Hag. Or Rose. Or Poch. Or someone else on the continent who's young and trendy. I'd rather gamble on finding the next Klopp than waste time on another no-hoper.

But since the cretins on the board can't see past Rodgers and Poch I think I'll just have to hope we hire an interim and Poch is fired before the end of the season.
I want Ten Hag as well. My 1st pick.

Don't see much difference between Poch, Rose and BR though. Poch hasn't won anything in England despite managing a superior team in Spurs compared to Leicester.

Oh and as an interim I wouldn't want Blanc anywhere near the team. Rangnick or Wenger.

Dominos

BR has an FA Cup though, despite managing for many many less seasons in the PL than DM.

Though I do agree, he's not gonna be as good or better than Klopp or Pep so what's the point. I want us to take a chance on someone that could be as good as them. Oh and he's a massive D-bag.
The likes of Redknapp, Dalglish, Juande Ramos, Roberto Martinez, Laudrup, Arteta have all won the FA cup/league cup in recent years and none of them would get anywhere near a top job like this, a lot of them being sacked shortly after. It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers ends up getting the boot at Leicester by the summer as their form has been so poor. I just don't rate winning a single smaller trophy as that significant, if Ole had won the penalty shooutout against Villareal he'd still be a poor manager. LVG/Mourinho's reigns here were disastrous despite winning a trophy.

I think Rodgers is a good coach for sure, but ultimately to be considered for the United job you'd expect them to tick at least some of these boxes

- Established a team as a consistent top 4 side? - Nope, failed to do that at Liverpool where he had 3 poor seasons out of 4
- Regularly reach the CL knockouts? Nope
- Won league titles or champions leagues in major leagues? Nope
- Consistently has their team performing far above their expected level? Potentially, 5th is a good finish for Leicester but I don't think it qualifies as special enough to get him the United job, 1 good season at Liverpool but poor otherwise so no consistency there.

Even if you venture outside of the elite big name trophy winning managers, the more "riskier" appointments that some people will have reservations about. Pochettino ticks some of these boxes, Nagelsmann did, Ten Hag does etc.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Lack of trophies is a stupid stuck to beat people with imo. The biggest richest clubs tend to win trophies (except us lolz) as they have the resources to do it. Outside of a big club it is harder, so some imagination is needed and picking a manager who has shown evidence that their methods and style, were they to be implemented at a level with more resources, would likely lead to success.

Nagelsmann was my preference before. Now it would be Ten Hag. Thought what poch did with spuds was remarkable and he shouldn’t be written off either. Last on my list would be Rodgers bur I wouldn’t dismiss him. Any of these managers would be a significant upgrade on Ole imo.

Rolaholic

Can already see it now next summer:

Rodgers goes to United the Leicester replace him with Potter as City get Ten Hag once Pep signs off after winning them the CL

hobbers

Can already see it now next summer:

Rodgers goes to United the Leicester replace him with Potter as City get Ten Hag once Pep signs off after winning them the CL
Potter then finishes above us with Leicester.

croadyman

People may rip it out of Goldbridge but he made a good point today when he said IF these managers wanted to manage this club bad enough then they would be prepared to come now rather than wait it out until next summer, makes you think they aren't actually that keen on the job if they want to see how things are in a few months time. Villa have shown that if you want a manager bad enough already in a job then you can get him right now but with us it's all about trying to do it cheaply.

Flytan

People may rip it out of Goldbridge but he made a good point today when he said IF these managers wanted to manage this club bad enough then they would be prepared to come now rather than wait it out until next summer, makes you think they aren't actually that keen on the job if they want to see how things are in a few months time. Villa have shown that if you want a manager bad enough already in a job then you can get him right now but with us it's all about trying to do it cheaply.
I mean that's just not true. It's an incredibly assholish move to leave a club midseason. Ten hag has ajax qualified for the knockout stages already, why would he come here midseason? People take pride in their work and want to see it through.

No manager qualified to manage us would disrespect their club that much other than maybe rodgers. I could see Poch being fired and then immediately coming here but no way he straight up quits.

SAFMUTD

We’re close. We’re not quite there but we’re very close to that level of apathy that would be indistinguishable from toxicity. It seems like they players have reservations and thoughts, but it hasn’t yet transferred into the training ground being a poor place to work. Give it a loss more or two then no matter how much they like the boss they’ll just become too jaded to work hard.
If we dont win against Watford it will definitely become as toxic as feck. Visiting Villarreal and Chelsea next so nothing but a win against Watford or it will be a shit storm which will definitely permeate to the squad.

croadyman

I mean that's just not true. It's an incredibly assholish move to leave a club midseason. Ten hag has ajax qualified for the knockout stages already, why would he come here midseason? People take pride in their work and want to see it through.

No manager qualified to manage us would disrespect their club that much other than maybe rodgers. I could see Poch being fired and then immediately coming here but no way he straight up quits.
Well in that case we are definitely lumbered with Ole then because no sign of us appointing an interim whatsoever, the most frustrating thing is they were more than happy to sack Jose with no succession plan in place but because of Ole's status they are reluctant to do it this time.

Red00012

Can see it now Rodgers takes over and Gerrard finishes above him with Villa.

I do not want Rodgers anywhere near this club

croadyman

If we dont win against Watford it will definitely become as toxic as feck. Visiting Villarreal and Chelsea next so nothing but a win against Watford or it will be a shit storm which will definitely permeate to the squad.
The fact he is getting yet another game when he's already had two more than he should makes me proper disheartened

Flytan

Well in that case we are definitely lumbered with Ole then because no sign of us appointing an interim whatsoever, the most frustrating thing is they were more than happy to sack Jose with no succession plan in place but because of Ole's status they are reluctant to do it this time.
I gave up after we just let Conte go to Tottenham. I still think almost anyone is an upgrade to ole but it's clear the board wants to die on their stupid hill

Redfrog

When we appointed Moyes I remember being dumbfounded. My mum, who doesn't watch football but was aware of SAF's dynasty, and has done business with a few high profile CEO's in the industry she works in, many of whom have now retired and made way for new replacements commented "Maybe he doesn't want anyone to come close to his success". I laughed back then but as time goes on, it doesn't seem implausible.

Would Sir Alex's ego like to see someone come and do what Pep/Klopp has done at united? I think he would, but this supposed backing of Ole has reminded me of the above.
It is plausible. Sir Alex is a competitor above anything else else, so I don’t think he would like to see someone who bettered him.
And that will be fair play ! What can we ask more from him ? We would have not won that much if he wasn’t truly competitive.

The problems lies to the owners. They didn’t appoint someone knowing football and being clever enough to take a fresh start and get ride of the nepotism. That’s quite the reverse, the CEO is dependent of the old boys at the club whispering him the United way and what to do because he doesn’t know the football and has not enough contacts in the game to be his own man.

croadyman

I gave up after we just let Conte go to Tottenham. I still think almost anyone is an upgrade to ole but it's clear the board wants to die on their stupid hill
Yeah they are happy for total disharmony amongst the squad long as the toy story puppet can keep that sacking off his record because clearly he's too egotistical to admit he made a bad appointment and the team will suffer as a result

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
People might not like Saeed but just listen to this video. We are back where we were 2 years ago, when he should have been sacked back then. Relegation form then, relegation form right now.

Jackal981

He deserves even more battering. And what actual feck has Ole done that shows he has put the club before himself? Fly back home on a private jet for a nice little holiday after a derby where he had more attempts at his own goal that City’s? Get out.
I am sure anybody with sane mind would not take a break in the middle of a club crisis. It is like your CEO taking a paid vacation when the company is crashing to the ground and facing bankruptcy. Any manager with an ounce of competence will spend this 2 weeks fixing the club problem. And stop smiling for feck sake, he keeps smiling like an idiot after we got battered. Does he think he is some kind of model for toothpaste ads

Blood Mage

Some ridiculous overreactions to the Rodgers rumours. He's not the manager I want but he's still a good manager and would comfortably be the best manager we've appointed post-Fergie.

Status
Not open for further replies.